Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Thoughts become actions, actions become habits.
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 24, 2007 04:11AM

hey there doll...well you are doing amazing...you are really trying andkeeping up with things...i am very happy for you and proud!!! keep up the awesome awesome work...don't worry if the dressing is the worst of your raw things haha don't sweat it....but a simple alternative they may have at the cafeteria is a dash of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon ...that makes a yummy satisfying dressing so you might try that....some raisens are raw...but most aren't....cuz they add all that stuff to then to preserve them..i wish they didn't do that...then it would be easier to find more raw things in a pinch huh??
well hun keep up the good work!!!
you are doing great
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: benetgirl ()
Date: April 24, 2007 02:49PM

hey thinkingraw,

di u sa NUTELLA??????????? I grew up on that stuff, as lond as I can rememember.. when i was a toddler i use the climd up the cabinets, as little as i was and take spoons of it into my mouth, then climb down so my mom wouldnt catch me. until she noticed traces of nutella around my mouth. Milka chocolate (european chocolate) and nutella were and still are myfavorite comfort food and chocolate. ah i want one now. I can eat nutella for 24/7.. mnam. Anyway keep up the good work.

FYI-If u have time...and if u choose a book to buy...plan ahead before u go home. That way u'll start fresh as soon as u get home and no temptations from family memebers or friends. smiling smiley I know it helps me. Whenever I go home to visit my dad, before I even step into the house, I buy myself fuits & veggies, so I wont pig out on non raw food...

Date: April 24, 2007 08:37PM

hey there..is nutella that chocolate spread with hazelnuts in it?? i think i have seen in before the girls i watch eat it haha..hmm they love it too lol alwasy on their bread or by the spoonful....smells good haha...well take care!!! and have a wonderful day
love earth angel
xoxoxoxxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: benetgirl ()
Date: April 25, 2007 03:52PM

yes, its the hazelnut spread!!!!!!!!! i hate putting it on bread. I eat it right out of the bottle. Dont try it!!!!!!!!!! I warn u!!!!!!!!!

When i first came to america, it wasnt sold anywhere!!!!!!! I was like damn and at the same time thankd god. cause i knew what i could do with it. then each tinme i went back home to europe, seriously i bought like 7 of them to last me a year. lets just say it didnt last a year... LOL hehehe

Date: April 25, 2007 06:24PM

hahaha oh goodness...no i am all raw so i won't be trying it haha...it won't go with my food lol smiling smiley...well thanks for letting me know what it was haha

hey gal how are you doing?? having some good raw thoughts become actions? smiling smiley well take care and have a wonderful day!!
love eartha ngel
xoxoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: thinkingraw ()
Date: April 26, 2007 12:01AM

oh goodness. i've only bought one thing of nutella ever-and i seriously ate like half of the jar in a night! i had to throw it out (like take it out to the dumpster!!!) because i knew i wouldn't stop!!!! goodness. i love that stuff.

bah. i'm kind of grumpy. i feel flabby. like my stomach...it just feels flabby. i don't know why? maybe i'm losing fat but it takes a while to adjust and so it just feels flabby? this bothers me. i want to weigh myself, but i'm not going to. i know that this will work. and i CAN'T be gaining weight. i don't see how that would be possible.

i don't think i wrote yesterday...but it was a fairly good day. i had a salad for lunch (lettuce, carrots, mushrooms, sunflower seeds, with balsamic vinaigrette on top). then i had some frozen yogurt....but even less than last time, so probably like.... 1/5 of a cup. I had some hot green tea later, and some coffee (oh finals...). For dinner, i got a caesar salad (lettuce, dressing, parmesean cheese, raisins and almonds), and then had some dried fruit for dessert. so...not a lot of progress from the day before.

today was a lot like yesterday. exam for breakfast (hah), then salad for lunch (spinach, carrots, and sliced almonds w/ balsamic vinaigrette) and 1.5 bananas. for dinner, i had a lovely orange and another caesar salad (minus the almonds). once again, dried fruit for dessert. also had an iced tea and a coffee. bah.

i feel like i'm making progress. i'm really enjoying my food, and that's nice. plus, yesterday i felt smaller. but today...not so much. today i feel flabby. sigh. i'm going to keep on trucking though.

so, tomorrow, one of my classes is being held in a bagelry for breakfast instead of our regular classroom. i am not thrilled about this b/c i used to looooove this bagelry. but i also waaaaaaaaaaaant to be raw. so, i'm going to bring an orange with me, and eat it there...maybe i won't bring money either. hm, that's a thought. for tomorrow, i'll have a salad for lunch again...and fruit for dinner, i think. maybe a couple oranges, an apple, a banana, something like that.

i have a question. if i am not hungry, should i not eat? i wasn't really hungry around dinner today, but people always say that not eating slows down your metabolism...and also i used to struggle with eating disorders, so i'm afraid that if i start skipping meals i'll want to skip more.

but then again, i feel like i should be listening to my body. i don't know...feedback would be much appreciated.

i told my mom last night that i was trying to be raw...and she was really excited smiling smiley i think she's getting me a juicer! yay smiling smiley

Date: April 26, 2007 03:53AM

hey there hun...yay you for doing good and keeping it up...yeah don't get on the scale...i have that problem...i get on the scale then i am depressed.....but you are doing good and this journey will work and you will feel better and look better..i know i have those days wherie feel flabbier then others and i am just like uh you are disgusting...like if i look in the mirror or see my reflection it is horrible...even though i have lost some i don't feel good aobut myself or see the differnce......
hmm i think if you aren't hungry don't eat...that is what a lot of raw foodies go by..but make sur you do eat when you are hungry....never go hungry...but don't eat if you aren't ....but i don't know haha
hmm well good luck and take care!!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: noff ()
Date: April 26, 2007 04:54AM

Hey
You are doing a great job there! It's good you are making the transition at your own pace. I;ve binged many a times trying to do it overnight. blehness! ahah well I can relate about being confused on whether to eat or not since I'm still stuggling with an ED. I think that listening to your body is best. With that said it's not always that easy, I'm sure you know. I think that since you are not at a secure place with being raw, (having been raw for a long time) that eating some fruit or a salad is fine even if you can't tell if you really need it. It's SO much better than not eating something and then have eating constantly on your mind. I've found that when I eat more raw food than what I may need that I still lose weight. Hope this helps...xoxxo have a good day! You're doing so well!

Date: April 26, 2007 06:45AM

hey there....just wanted to say hi again after my shower and rethink your thoughts lol..hmm confusing huh??? and get into more about the Ed...i think most people on here are struggling with ED in one way or another and it is a fine line between raw and ED especially because you can find yourself being obsessive about eating certian things or not eating things...or being a certain type of raw foodie...just listen to your body and eat when you are hungry....if you don't feel hunger then don't eat...but by no means starve...if you are hungry eat..if not don't ....that way you can be eating for fuel and to live instead of living to eat smiling smiley...take care!!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 26, 2007 01:30PM

as far as my ED goes...i've been really weight conscious since i was like, 11...because i was just a little bit chubby. being weight conscious turned into an obsession ad by my freshman year of high school, i was anorexic. i dropped about 25 pounds, but then my mom became really aware that i wasn't eating and she really monitored my eating... around sophomore year, i had gained weight back (of course) and really was unhappy. so I started binging and purging. This was less easy to detect because my weight didn't change a whole lot, and I was always really careful about not getting caught. I'm not sure when I stopped purging, but I cut down on it significantly and have only purged maybe five times in the past year.

My recent struggles with food are more of a compulsive eating kind of thing.
I've also gone on hardcore "diets" where I ate like once a day or once every two days...these usually resulted in bingeing at the end. and that's kind of the cycle that I've been going through for the past couple years. I really want to be healthy, both inside and out, and I really want to get over this sick obsession with food. I gained weight since coming to college, probably about 10 pounds total, but I've lost some, so that I'm only about 4 pounds above what I was when i came.

My EDs have been so hopeless. All that obsession, all the tears, all the hurt...have landed me nowhere. I'm not thin, I'm not happpy, I'm not any of the things I always wanted to be. I think that happens to a lot of us.

Date: April 26, 2007 02:06PM

so today. well, it's only 10 o'clock here. i've had 2 pretty hefty coffees (i had an 8 am this morning...and i don't function very well at 8 am!) oh well, going to eat an orange when i'm hungry. eating when hungry. EATING WHEN HUNGRY. ok.

Posted by: meow ()
Date: April 26, 2007 02:35PM

hey there! sounds like you're doing really well smiling smiley

i can relate to your struggles w/ an ED. i went through a lot of the same things, and at the same ages. i struggeled again with anorexia and purging in college. i was a little worried about becoming raw b/c it's a lot easier to lose weight and eat less on this diet. but what i'm finding is that i really want to be good to my body and be as healthy as possible! i think doing something so good and seeing great results makes you want to take care of your body even more.

definitely just listen to your body- eat when you're hungry, don't worry about eating if you're not hungry (unless you start to never be hungry or something like that, of course). it will tell you what and how much it wants.

have a great day!

Date: April 26, 2007 08:06PM

hey there hun..yeah it is a tough world...if you have read my diary you know i have been through the wringer haha...it is a tough thing and i know what you are going through...but like meow is experiencing i went 100% raw too and watnted to do right by my body...i wanted to be healthy and look healthy and eat healthy....it is slowly little by little though...i still sometimes worry about eating too much whether i have had 1 orange or 4 haha....or too much fat or not enough exercise or something...but it has decreased so significantly it is great!!! just stick with it and you will see wonderful results...and the best part this is the only journey and lifestyle that will help shape and mold not only your outside...but your inside as well!!!!
good luck hun and reember we are always here for ya!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 27, 2007 02:43AM

thanks y'all. you both are really encouraging. i feel like raw foods is really encouraging because the focus is being healthy, not simply weight loss. i'm really excited that so many people here can relate to food trouble, and also that there is so much success in turning to raw foods as new, better way of living.

i wasn't very hungry today. I had a salad (basically lettuce, dressing, and PESTO - i love pesto), and then some dried fruit. and a green tea. but I'm not hungry, so I'm ok with that. I wasn't hungry for the dried fruit, but i was kind of craving it.

I'm considering going on a water fast for a couple days to get my body purified. it seems a lot of people here do that. any ideas?

i saw and spoke to the love of my life today. very sad because he's simply amazing and he's graduating. it's not like we're at all involved, we're only acquaintances, but i am still harboring major infatuation/LOVE. lol sniff sniff...i might go drown my sorrows in some bottled water.

<3

Date: April 27, 2007 04:53AM

hey there hun..yeah it is great a lot of people on here deal with food issues so we can all relate...but so sad there are so many people dealing with the issues you know?? what kind of society do we really live in where everyone's focus is on body image and eating...so sad...so very sad....but yay for raw changing that in those of us who embark on the journey!!!!!

aww i know how you feel having a love that doesn't know you love him haha..i had one of those for like 3 years lol...but i got over it eventually lol...we were best friends though....smiling smiley i guess it was kinda different we were really close haha we shared a bed too lol....NOT LIKE THAT dirty minded ladies haha...smiling smiley

hmm well good job today you are doing great!!! the water fast i wouldn't recommend to just go on for the heck of it..most people do it to fast or cleanse the body..but truthfully going 100% raw is the first step...thena fter you really get your body cleansed theys ay to do a fast for a few days to intensify it ....so just stick with what you are doing right now you are doing great!!
take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 28, 2007 05:31AM

oh man, long day

not bad...

had a salad around 2...then a bunch of strawberries and grapes later..and some coffee...then an apple

but then i went to a semi-formal and was sort of hungry...and i had like, 2 choc chip cookies. and a 4 crackers. and 3 corn chips.

so bleh. at least it wasn't a meal this time. tomorrow. 100%.

Date: April 28, 2007 06:19AM

hey there......don't worry hun.....you are doing great!!! keep up the good work!!!
hope you had fun at your semi-formal!!
take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 28, 2007 07:39PM

haha oh earthangel , unrequited love is somewhat amusing, but mostly sad. the story of my life smiling smiley at least you were close friends with the love of your life...the love of my life isn't even my friend tongue sticking out smiley i'll have to fix that before I marry him winking smiley kidding, sort of

today has been good so far. i'm starting to feel sooo much healthier. i feel like i'm slimming down...and i am so content just eating raw. i do miss crunchy things though...like corn chips. somebody mentioned zucchini chips one time. i might look into that. or maybe grind myself some corn and sunbake a tortilla? lol, there probably is a way. still, yummy yummy raw food. i can't imagine going back to eating like...biscuits, pizza, bagels, MCDONALD's. oh man. thank god i found raw.

today has been pretty good. i had a salad and some grapes...and then a pineapple smoothie

yay smiling smiley more later

Posted by: noff ()
Date: April 28, 2007 09:54PM

hey what's up. Yeah I know what you mean, eating the way I did before doesn't even seem like an option anymore! It just seems so gross! and not yummy, that's what it basically comes down to smiling smiley I miss crunchy too...I loved anything crunchy dipped in hummus but I need a dehydrator to make those zucchini chips. ttyl

Date: April 28, 2007 11:53PM

Hey girl.....yes you are doing great keep it up!!! haha oh yeah for sure become friends with him before you marry him!!! haha...smiling smiley

don't worry if that one doesn't work out you will find someone amazing to be with for the rest of your life!!!!
hmm crunchy crunchy....well for now you can buy raw crunchy dehydrated items in the store...they have flax crackers and breads (they are crunchy too haha) so until you have a dehydrator to make these things check that out to help with your crunchy cure!!!

love earth angel
xoxoxooxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 30, 2007 02:55PM

i can eat flax crackers???? ahhhh i'm going to have to do that. thanks for the tip!

well. the past couple days have been rough. my roomie and i are arguing, a whole lot. we lived together this year, and its been horrible. back home, we used to do everything together, but now i'm really involved in a lot of things and she' not...and she doesn't want new friends. and i like having new friends. our fight is sort of over next year, because we're living together, but i asked her how she thought it would go...and she just freaked out and is really upset because i 'dont' care about her or want to be her friend'...uh, it's really dramatic and pointless. and so now, i don't even want to go home. but it's exams anyway, so i guess that's just another reason to go to the library more.

over the weekend, i had ice cream a couple times. mostly because i was really stressed out and i just like, turned to it. i'm such an emotional eater. so today, i'm getting serious again.

i'm eating a caesar salad now...and later probably some fruit. i'm trying to carry food around with me (like, an apple or a banana or something) most of the time because i know i'm not going to have a lot of time to eat the next couple days..

the salad just tasted sort of gross, which is funny because normally i love them. i think it's just that i'm really stressed out...more over the roomie stuff than over anything else. it's sad because it's not that i "hate" her or anything....i just don't want to be with her every second. it's such a stupid thing. i move out on sunday...sunday can't come soon enough.

when i go home, i can seriously be raw and i won't be living with her anymore. thank god.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 30, 2007 06:39PM

heya i thought id throw my 2 cents in here .. you dont mention about wether your roommate is doing the raw thing with you or she is overweight as well?

often close friends when they see their friends making positive changes in their lives get a bit jealous (not intentionally) and will even pick fights (not intentionally) to get you to go back to being the YOU that they love.

yes its selfish but really they just need to learn that you are still gonna be YOU in a healthier body.

just try and include her / ask her to go do the things with you .. meet the new people and if she still refuses than at that point is her own problem and you might just need to move ahead without her ..that doesnt mean you cant still be friends it just means she'll have to accept what she gets with you ..or not

if shes seeing positive changes in your body and not hers she may be getting bummed out about it , its her own fears of jumping in too

Date: April 30, 2007 07:05PM

Hey there....well sorry you are having roomie troubles but don't worry it is normal and happens with most friends that move into together i have seen in a trillion times...and although the raw lifestyle could play a part in fueling the fire...i am sure it is not that....because it is just different when you live with someone then when you are just friends.....first off you start to feel likeyou see them a heck of a lot more so you don't make as much time to spend with them or hang out and since you are the party that is finding new friends and having fun...when questioned about hanging out i am suroeu are like we see eachother all the time......but what your friend may want is a special day to hang out!!! maybe next year if things get back set aside a day a month or every other week...wherey ou two go to a movie or go for a walk or soemthing!! that usually helps..cuz how many times did you actually hang out?? hah that is just what i have found with clingy friends who don't accept change well when moving out on your own from your home and living withparents!!
don't worry though it will get better and we will help you through....

as far as your raw food thing goes...keep trying hun...that is all you can ever do...don't let those few slip ups with ice cream get to you!!! keep on keeping on hun!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: meow ()
Date: April 30, 2007 08:39PM

hey there- good luck w/ your exams! this is my first year w/o them, but i remember all that stress.

i'm glad you'll be going home soon and away from your roommate situation, to a place where it'll be easier to be raw!

have a good daysmiling smiley

Date: April 30, 2007 09:54PM

for the record, i'm so glad i found this place. y'all are wonderful. and very very right. it's living together is really hard...so many people warned us not to live together, but we were like, noooo we won't fight, we're best friends! hahaha...bad idea. i think the raw thing may be an added thing...because when we eat, she's just kind like, well...how's that salad? we both gained weight...but her method is to skip like, 2 meals a day...which i used to do, but now i can eat whatever i want (as long as its raw). mostly i think its me wanting to try new things and meet new people...i think she feels left out. i don't know. i e-mailed her a really long e-mail about it how i felt about it, and then brought it up to her in person, but she was just like, 'i don't have time for this.'...that's been the only thing she's said to me since yesterday.

i guess if she wants to talk about it, she can talk to me about it. i'm not going to apologize and just like, beg her to not be mad at me...i'm growing up. and i'm becoming a new person....the kind of person who doesn't let her friends walk all over her. so if she wants to talk, i'm here, and i'll definitely make use of your suggestions, earthangel. it would be really good for us to set aside time to see each other. but if she's going to be stubborn and prideful...then i don't feel that obligated to keep trying to reach out to her. is that bad??

i have been drinking a lot of coffee recently. it makes my head hurt now though...i used to barely feel it, but i think i'm becoming more sensitive? no more, from now on. maybe some herbal tea if i desperately need something hot. but away with the coffee.

seriously guys...thank you for being here. you are all so supportive, just about life. ah, thank you! and sorry for droning on and on about silly problems.

hope you are all having lovely days

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 30, 2007 09:58PM

it really does sound like shes being stubborn but if youve done what you feel is enough extending the olive branch and she chooses to toss it on the ground and walk away (not deal with it) then all you can do is keep offering but get on with yer own life smiling smiley

she'll probably do one of 2 things .. she'll get on board ..or get off da bus...lol sorry if that sounds blunt tongue sticking out smiley

Date: May 01, 2007 04:17AM

hey there hun...yeah setting aside time used to help with a roomie who got jealous when we had a new guy move in and we instantly clicked and spent all our time together haha....so i had to make special me and andrew time sepearte from me and aaron time...it worked well but you know it doesn't matter if she is not willing...but by suggesting she might open up a little more..she is probably hurt right now and thinks you are intentionally doing it and being mean...but we know you aren't..it happens but she is just really upset and angry and jealous and hurt...and her pride is hurt cuz you were best friends and that is over for now you know?? so i know it's tough but it will be good for you to be home and get away get strong and be raw...work on your life then worry about her and you later!!! take care and have a wonderful day!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 01, 2007 02:20PM

thanks, earthangel and jgunn. you're so right. i'm really trying to do away with all the negativity in my life, you know? like, i don't want to have negative feelings towards anybody,so i'm going to just leave the olive branch out there... and I would prefer for people to not have negative emotions towards me, but after a point, that's their deal. if she wants to hate me or whatever, that's sad. i hope she'll get over it. still, i feel so much stronger just because i can actually say this..you know? most of the time i would be really stressed out and be trying to figure out how i can possibly make it up to her...but i'm over that

i feel like i'm growing up. lol...

so today. i weighed myself...3 pounds down! and i've been eating whatever i want to!! and i'm not even totally raw yet! this is the first time in...i don't even know how long, that i have lost weight without having to TRY. it's amazing.

problem: so today, i'm supposed to have a lunch date w/ my friend wade. and he's insisting on taking me out to eat, but it needs to be sort of fast, and i don't know of any places nearby that are fast and would have something i could eat...if we go to a sandwich place, i could get a veggie wrap...and then just, sort of...not eat the wrap?

hmmmm

Date: May 01, 2007 07:26PM

Hey hun..yay you getting rid of the negatives in your life and letting them go...you can worry about it later :0)....now for that friend and lunch..hmm you could get a salad at a sandwich place...they usually have salads...squeeze some lemon on top and ask if they have olive oil and squirt a little on there..and you have got yourself one mean salad haha....hope this helps....salads or fresh fruit are going to be your best bet most places..good luck we are cheering you on!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 01, 2007 09:16PM

smiling smiley yayyy

well, lunch went really well. cute sandwich place...had an awesome garden salad. red peppers, cucumbers, variety of lettuce, carrots, tomatoes! yum! i didn't actually eat a whole lot of it though...because i'm a sloppy eater so i don't eat a whole lot with guys tongue sticking out smiley wade was really nice...verrrry polite. doors were opened, he always walked on the street side of the sidewalk. then he walked me to my next class. it was totally excessive, but really sweet because i swear, good boys are dying off rather quickly. so, a good lunch. boo that he goes home to boston and i go home to southwestern virginia in a few short days.

ah well. then i went to a behavioral economics experiment...and i made $50! so i'm happy about that too.

then i went to class and was told that i had bright ideas and that i should talk more! lol this is a good day!!!!

so i'm eating dinner 2x tonight (at the end of the year, it seems like everybody makes a final attempt to hang out lol...this may translate into me eating a whole lot of small meals).

still, dinner number one....salad. dinner number two...salad. maybe a banana or some fruit with one of them, lol.

only nonraw things today: salad dressing (should have taken your advice EA, wish i'd thought of that at the time!), a chocolate truffle, tea (which seemed SO hot!)

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables