Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Thoughts become actions, actions become habits.
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 02, 2007 03:33AM

hey there..yay you for having a wonderul little lunch and doing so well!! congrats..maybe you will stay in contact with the guy smiling smiley get a number ....

hmm wel take care of yourself yay 50 dollars is always nice haha...congrats....and you got complimented on how bright you are!! that is awesome....
well hun i hope you are havin fun on your dinners.....have a great night
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thinkingraw ()
Date: May 02, 2007 04:39AM

boo. well, dinner 1 went well. nice and raw and yummy.

but i was full by dinner 2. and ate anyway...bad idea...and ended up eating sunchips (also a bad idea)...

so now i feel bloaty and gross. figures. why would i ever schedule 2 dinners??? ugh, stupid.

i think tomorrow needs to be my first 100% day. because the "transitioning" thing is sort of stagnating. so that's my goal. 100%.

bah

Date: May 02, 2007 06:45AM

hey there haha...oh well you had a few sunchips..better then a hot dog :0)......take care hun!!! you are doing great...good luck tomorrow on your venture to 100% day!!! you can do it we are here!!
good luck
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 02, 2007 01:27PM

hey smiling smiley thanks earthangel. you're amazing. i don't know how you always seem to know the right thing to say!

well...i just had an orange...and a bottle of water.

and i'm getting read to start an amazing raw day smiling smiley ...which i will spend at the library haha

Date: May 02, 2007 08:00PM

Hey hun...aww glad i could help!!! yay for a raw day..you can do it we are here for you!! i am cheering you on..you know you can call mea nytime for support or help!!! if you really want that sunchip you can call me smiling smiley...i will talk to ya.....good luck today as you don't need much since i KNOW you can do this...because you are worth it and deserve it!!! and you know that!!
keep up the happy thoughts and have a fabulous day at the library!! that should bring on a little peace and relaxment even if studying haha.>!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 02, 2007 09:00PM

ah...i hope i'm not too much of a disappointment to you sad smiley you're so supportive. i really appreciate you...just so you know smiling smiley and raw is worth it. it's so awesome that you say that raw is worth it, even though sometimes i know it's hard for you to reach your own weight loss goals...it really means a lot that you *still* say its worth it...and it reminds me that raw really is a lifestyle. not a diet. yay raw! hugs smiling smiley hope you had a lovely day, earthangel. thanks for being amazing!!!!

had coffee. and soymilk. and half a cookie = / decided i'm going to wait until sunday (the day after my last exam) to go for 100%. i know that if i were raw, i'd be better off all around...but right now i feel like i need caffeine. would be way better if i were 100% raw and totally energized....ah, can't wait to be home.

i'm still in the same chair as this morning...trying to figure out what in the world jewish apocalyptic eschatology is... bah. well, i move home in approximately 80 hours i think. so that's something...

Date: May 03, 2007 07:18AM

hey there darlin....you are NOT a disappointment....you are such a wonderful person!!! you are here you are trying that is awesome!!!! you are doing sooo good!!! i am soooo proud of you and all your struggles and accomplishments.....don't sweat the coffee ...eat all raw and drink your coffee ...if that is the last thing you give up raw you are doing good...i want you to get the detox book by natalie rose if you get the money and chance..she mentions that coffe is pretty low on the list of things to get rid of frist...actually she said it was one of the lasts to worry about getting rid of...so drink the coffee....and try to add almond milk or somethign else....they might have it at the coffee shop if not then stick with soy...but don't worry ....still eat raw though and do as much as you can handle!!!!

keep up the awesomeness and good luck with finals and everything...you are doing great just remember that!!! and know i am always here if you need some support hun!!!!! hmm have i given you my number?? i think i did when you first joined the board..you and noff and meow...but if you don't have it i will give it to you again..you can text or call anytime for help or to chat!!!!!
yay 70 hours till you get home!!!haha i subtracted the hours that have passed since you posted smiling smiley
yay
love earthangel
xoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 04, 2007 05:48AM

aw, thank you so much...you're so sweet!!!! i will definitely have to go find your number on that post.

i did even worse today. trying not to care tho b/c i have an exam in 7 hours. bah

thanks tho. you're amazing.

feel bloated and discouraged...still know raw is right. =-/
hopefully i'll be on tomo.

Date: May 04, 2007 05:50AM

hey there....don't get discouraged....no matter what else you eat...as long as you are eating some raw too you are still RAW!!!!!!!!!!!!! eating some cooked doesn't cancel that out so that you aren't raw hun...just keep that it mind..you are doing great!! just keep it at a pace you can handle...get your exams done and get home!! then you will be stress free!! good luck and take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 05, 2007 01:22AM

39 hours and counting.

ok day. haven't eaten a lot, just an apple and some crackers. not hungry though. probably because my body is trying to adjust to the ridiculous amount of fries (yep. my downfall was fries...) i ate last night.

so hopefully tomorrow, i'll be hungry again. some good news: my roommate and i aren't living together next year...i'm going to trade with another girl. thank goodness.

more soon. hopefully more positive stuff, too. i may go to a book store on sunday! so raw book hopefully???

Posted by: meow ()
Date: May 05, 2007 04:26AM

hey sweetie! exams are so stressful- i don't think anyone could eat healthy during exams, so at least you are still getting in lots of raw foods. after they're over, you will be able to focus more on going for 100%. it will get a lot easier! just take your time and listen to your body and what it wants. it will tell you when it's ready!

i totally agree with you in regard to getting all of the negativity out of your life. life is too short to be weighed down constantly by anyone who doesn't contribute positive things to your life. i've had to slow down a 3-year long on again/off again relationship recently b/c i realized i deserve so much more than what he's giving me, and he only makes me feel bad about myself. as much as i love him, i love ME even more and i am demanding respect from now on. it took me 3 years to finally see that i'm better off w/o him in my life right now, but i think going raw made me able to clearly see what's best for me. don't you love how this isn't just a diet or a way of eating, it's a whole life-changing experience? raw is more a state of mind than anything else. and it's hard to be self-destructive when you're nourishing your body and becoming so in tune with it.

sorry to ramble! it's good to see that you're getting so many positive things out of this. good luck with your exams- soon you will be home!!

Date: May 05, 2007 06:12AM

hey there ......yay you for doing such a good thing for yourself by switching with another girl..that is awesome!!!! hm how did you convince her...haha didn't she wonder why you were moving?? lol oh well you are out and that is awesoe for your life and happiness...don't stress fries...oh well raw tomorrow...all you can do is keep trying!!!! and you are doing great!!! keep it up.....good luck on your exams..i am sure you are doing wonderful!! as wonderful as you are smiling smiley
yes the book store does have some awesome raw books.....i wish they carried more though you know?? the really good ones always are not very available haha!! i hope you find some great ones to help you in your raw journey..i bought a few new ones tonight....and tomorrow there are 3 different ones i am going to be purchasing....from brian clement's series...he is the guy from hippocrates...he was FABULOUS tonight at his lecture...so glad i went!! he was absolutely glowing....so i was really impressed!!!! he is in la this week
i need to figure out which restaurant again.....i might drive up there....no lecture is the same of his..so i want to make it to that one too!!! and i want to tel meow haha....she might want to go!!
well take care and have a great day!!! you are doing awesome!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 05, 2007 06:06PM

ah! i love you guys smiling smiley

i'm getting so excited about going home!! i have my last exam in 5 hours...bah exams! but that's it! then i move out tomorrow smiling smiley

i ate a bunch of carrots and broccoli earlier...and have been drinking coffee

i just wanted to say that you were wonderful...i can't wait to write out a full response and tell you about the rooming situation.

hope all is well with you!

love love!

Date: May 05, 2007 11:14PM

hi sweetie!! yay you getting to go home soon!! how exciting...i bet you are sooooooooooooooo excited of course haha.....and i am sooo excited about the new roomie situation that is awesome news for your new happier healthier lifestyle!! and see you can still eat high raw and have your coffee!!! i hope you get the natalie rose detox book!! it is the one with the info about going raw but okay for coffee to be the very last thing!!! haha even like a year down the road...but still be happy and healthy!!! yay ....well take care and good luck on your exam..but after all that studying and how smart you are you won't need it!!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxxooxoxxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 07, 2007 07:09PM

Hi there..just wondering how the rest of your weekend was and how life is going now?? hopefully a whole lot better smiling smiley..take care of yourself..hope your trip home was a safe one!!! update us whenever you get to a computer and get time...
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 08, 2007 12:27AM

yayyyy smiling smiley

i'm in a marvelous mood. i just want to dance around like a small child smiling smiley I'm home finally, I'm listening to great christian music, i'm in love with jesus, i have figured out what needs to happen in my life (raw), i have so much love in my life!!!

i went to the book store smiling smiley couldn't find a lot...ended up getting a raw food cookbook. i think i may go ahead and order something off of amazon.com, because they have such a big selection. natalie rose sounds good smiling smiley especially if she'll let me have coffee haha!

i feel so good about this summer. i have a lot of time to myself...which translates into a lot of time for me to become my self. there's a quote...by soren kierkeguard (or something...i think i misspelled that) but it says, "Now, with God's help, I shall become myself."

and so that's how i'm feeling. Plus, I feel like when school begins, it will be good (no roomie to dread!). and i feel like life should be positive...all the time. or at least that's what i want to strive for.

ok. so yesterday was not a raw day --after moving out of my room, we went to chipotle for lunch where i had a vegetarian burrito bowl, and then stopped for dinner on the way home). but today i had 2 bananas, some pecans, some cookie dough (LOL), and had some rice earlier), but i was saying goodbye to the rice and cookie dough. i haven't been very hungry today (probably because of all the heavy food yesterday). so tomorrow...is the start of a new positive me.

thanks for all the love and support, earthangel and meow smiling smiley i can't wait to report back with more positive stuff!!! hope all is well w/ you!!!!!!

Posted by: noff ()
Date: May 08, 2007 05:56AM

wow, what a posistive entry, ya make me smile smiling smiley I'm glad you feel so excited for life, I do too!!!! yay dance party! hhaha and yes tomorrow is another day in which to eat more raw awesomness! haha So you living alone net year? I'm going to be living with my best friend in a new town, so excited! How's finals go for you? I have a month left of school so I'm a bit jealous of ya. Have fun dancing to your tunes. <3

Date: May 08, 2007 06:57AM

Hey hun..yay for being home and yay for being so excited and yay for a raw book and yay for natalie rose..order her stuff it is Marvelous.....haha...you will love it and she will tell ya (haha or everyone who reads) that coffe is the last thing you have to stress over...that the foods should be first....
well hun have a wonderful evening and so glad you are having a great day and getting into the swing of things..i know you will have great oppurtunities and discoveries this summer!! sweet dreams to you and can't wait to hear all about your first 100% raw day tomorrow!!
oh yeah and btw most importantly YAY YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
love sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 08, 2007 06:00PM

noff, yay for excitement about life! life should be exciting. raw is so cool because taking care of your body sort of spreads into everything. like, i feel like i should take care of my whole self. and wow, that's such a great feeling. ahhh another month of school! well you can do it smiling smiley i'll encourage you if you need it!!! haha i have too much free time now. finals...were rough, but i think not toooo rough? or so i'm hoping. just glad they are over. next year i was supposed to live with my current roomie..and then two girls down the hall from us were going to live together. but it worked out that me and one of the girls could just switch our leases. so, i'm living with a girl i already know and who is just sooo sweet. so i'm excited too smiling smiley yay for next year

earthangel, haha i'm glad that coffee is the last thing i should worry about. i really like coffee!!! it's harder to give up than a lot of food is tongue sticking out smiley thanks for the constant support. i swear, i don't think i would have stuck with raw if it weren't for your constant encouragement. you are SO amazing.

today...well...i've been very lazy smiling smiley have mostly stayed in my room. had a couple strawberries when i first woke up. and now, i'm going to go make a smoothie...yayyyy and maybe some salad? that'd be yummmy.

love love love and big thanks
beth

Date: May 08, 2007 07:39PM

hey hun.....oh don't you love lazy days? they are good for the body and soul smiling smiley..you can just sit and relax and enjoy the day...OM it is sooooo hot here today haha..i woke up sweating to death...it is soo warm haha...i have like nothing on in my house cuzu i am dying haha...and i was starving when i woke up and almost wanted to grab something quick and thick (non raw) this craving hits a lot haha but i don't cave into it...i cut open a big juicy watermolon and ate it..i still have some left too......

hmm well hun enjoy your day and keep relaxing!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 09, 2007 03:38AM

thanks love smiling smiley watermelon sounds delicious. it's not too hot here yet...only in the 60s maybe. sort of chilly for me, but oh well.

so today i had...a yummy smoothie (banana, strawberries, and pear nectar)...then i snacked on some carrots and some pecans...made some lemon tahini dressing (wow..yummy, but very very tart!)...had some salad w/ my new dressing...then snacked on pecans and raisins.

so an ok day. i feel bloated right now. but i drank a lot of water earlier, so that might be why? then again...maybe i don't feel bloated, i'm just overweight? not sure which.

i realllly want to lose 10 lbs before the end of may. 20 before the end of the summer. bah losing weight is lame. wish i could be toned again. hah.

<3 more tomo

Date: May 09, 2007 03:55AM

Hey hun...take care of yourself and don't stress on the weight loss....you are okay!! how much weight are you looking to lose all together..i think you started to say haha but then didn't or something i don't know i am confusing myself smiling smiley
well yay for you doing so well today..the nuts were they soaked?? if not they can cause a bloated feeling....well take carea nd you are doing great keep it up!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 09, 2007 08:14PM

yeah as EA says, try only eating soaked nuts for a while and see how you feel. I was eating a ton of nuts for a while, like a few handfuls at a time and felt hooorible, obviously...bleh. so then I started soaking them and even when I felt huge urges to eat nuts I could only eat a fraction of that and didn't feel bloated. haha yeah sometimes I feel so unbelievably bloated and then I think to mysellf, well, maybe it's just because I'm overweight. haha. It's a motivating thought but sad at the same time.haha Have a fabulous day! smiling smiley

Date: May 10, 2007 07:44AM

Hey hun..how was your day??? well i hope everything is all right and you aren't as bloated today...hmm yeah somedays i feel bloated and think the same thing...oh no i am just overweight haha...but somedays you have that amazing light floating feeling..like you feel slimmer..well they are rare but i do get them while eating raw..especially when i eat mostly fruits (which is what is confusing me with my insulin diabetes and raw haha)
well have a great night hun
love always sach
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 10, 2007 05:35PM

hey! you guys are wonderful smiling smiley i haven't been soaking them, but i'll definitely give that a try because i've been eating too many! ah, thanks for the advice!!! i've been snacking on nuts. even when i'm not hungry. which is not good!

noff, yes! it is motivating but sad. when did i get this overweight??? haha oh well. i guess it all worked out for the best...if i wasn't overweight, i wouldn't have gone raw...and i'm glad i did. and i wouldn't have met you all! and i'm glad i did. so...all's well now, but it'll be better when i've lost weight haha! hope you're having a good day smiling smiley and thanks for taking the time to give me some much needed support!

earthangel, you are so incredible! i think it's so impressive that you have gone raw even w/ your diabetes...that must be so hard. you are such a motivation. i think that would be really hard...going raw is hard by itself, but you're dealing with so much more. anyway, i just think you do a wonderful job. and i hope you know how much your encouragement means to me!!!! and thanks for the nut soaking tip. i'll definitely try that! do you just soak them? there's no...secret soaking method that i need to know???

i've was around 90% raw yesterday (i'm still drinking a cup of coffee or tea, and i also had juice (bottled) in my smoothie), but i think i feel good about that for now. when i get my juicer, i'll cut out the bottled juice, but until then...

so i lost a pound! yayyyy! 167! i remember last christmas i went on a diet to try to lost my freshman 15, and i remember just being SO hungry...and the scale never budged after 168. so this is very encouraging. because even though i feel like i haven't been doing so well...my body still likes it.

my big focus right now is eating when i'm hungry. because i snack just to snack, or i eat just to eat A LOT. now that i'm raw, that's less of a problem--because before i would snack on cookies or chips or whatever! but i'll soak the nuts, which will hopefully help me stop snacking on them. and i'm also going to try very very hard to only eat when hungry.

i was reading this article the other day (maybe on rawgosia.com but anyway) about how going raw was emotional because we didn't have food to turn to anymore so we actually had to deal with our feelings. i thought that really made sense. there's no more burying my feelings in a carton of ice cream. i actually have to face them. kind of good...kind of scary smiling smiley

i would like to lose 20-25 total, i think. that would put me back at the weight i used to be, so i would finally fit into my clothes without squeezing again. even at like 143-148, i'd be far from a stick! so if after i'm there, my body wants to lose more, then i'm ok with that. but man, i'd love to be there. i'm trying to appreciate the journey too...and life is good, but i'm still really looking forward to the future....

ah well

<3
beth

Date: May 10, 2007 10:29PM

Emotional eating. hm. that pretty much sums up the past year of my life. haha. I think that I would have eventually gone raw but who knows when that would have happened, wanting to lose weight and be healthy and fit really pushed me into it . LOVE IT. I'm so happy to have met you and everyone else on this site, raw has so many positive influences. I'm trying to put an end to my snacking too, I ate a bunch of pumpkin seeds yesterday for pretty much no reason, I guess i just wanted to exercise my jaw haha. I'm gonna do the 80/10/10 way of eating and do basically 3 big meals. hope ya find a balance with your snacking smiling smiley you lost a pound!!!!!!!!!!!! that's awesome!!!!!!! You knows whats gonna be great is people noticing the difference and telling you. yayness haha have a great day xoxox

Date: May 11, 2007 03:31AM

hey hey smiling smiley

noff, raw is amazing, this site is amazing, ahhhh it's so crazy! i've looked at like diet and exercise type support boards before...but i never really made friends with people. and everybody always had their own like, theory on weight-loss...but here people are just so encouraging. it's funny...i have no idea how i found this site. but i'm sooooo glad i did!

earthangel, i just wanted to tell you that i ordered a natalie rose book! i think it was called the raw detox diet? anyway. i'm excited. hopefully it'll get here monday or tuesday! yay!

sooo today was about half really good and about half not so good! the good parts: i wasn't hungry for such a long time today...and instead of eating anyway, i didn't eat! i still don't have a spiralizer...but i did grate some zucchini...then i cut up some tomatoes, mushrooms, and onions and i drizzled them w/ olive oil and then i let them soak for a while...i made all that around 1. but i wasn't hungry...and then it was like, 4 or 5 and i still wasn't hungry but i really wanted to try my fake pasta...so i ate it.

then afterwards, i was putting away some spices...and i found a chocolate bar. uh ohhhh. so i had a piece. but then a piece of it turned into four. then i ended up eating the whole thing. so i ate a chocolate bar...bah. but i guess it won't be there to tempt me tomorrow? oh well.

i'm trying to sprout some chick peas so i can make hummus! yay! plus...i'm getting some basil plants so i can grow my own basil...then i can have pesto! yay for yummy yummy pesto

k. i'm getting a massage tomorrow...and applying for a job! but i'll fill you in afterwards smiling smiley

<3

Date: May 11, 2007 04:54AM

Hey hun...fab day today!!! oh well so you had a chocolate bar..could of been worse..could of been a chicken or a cow smiling smiley...so don't stress tomorrow is another new beginning and you will make the most of it!! and we are all here to cheer you on!!! you are doing beautifully on this journey!!! i am soooo proud of you and happy for you...wow a pound that is amazing..just think of a pound of butter!! that is soo much...a pound of butter is off your body smiling smiley...yay for beth!!! keep up the good work hun
ooh good you got the book you will love it!! i just know it..it will help you so much and it such a good transition book..tells you waht kind of chocolate bars you can have in transition that are neutral foods smiling smiley dagoba and black and green..so remember that haha...
well hun take care and have a wonderful day!!! you are amazing!!
love sach
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 12, 2007 03:16AM

ooooh that's such a good way to think about it. a pound of butter. disgusting. haha but so very motivating...and it makes me feel like i've accomplished something. because sometimes i'm like, well so what if i lost a pound, i still have 24 to go! but a pound of butter...that sounds like a decent accomplishment smiling smiley

well. today was sort of boo as well. one time i remember noff saying that a key thing was planning out meals...and i definitely didn't do that today. i went to get my massage and to the chiropractor, and then i met up with my mom for lunch. i got the salad bar...and did ok...had normal dressing, but oh well. but thennnn they brought like garlic bread. and i was like, wellllll ok. and then when i got home, i wasn't hungry, but i was just craving food...so i ate like a powerbar type thing..and then some chips and salsa...

i really need to remember that i'm doing this for myself. i also need to set goals. for the next 90 days (the length of my summer, approximately) i am going to be 90-100% raw. so that's my new goal.

and i'm going to plan out my meals!!! and try not to eat if i'm not hungry

ok. so. rededicated!

(can't wait for my book to come b/c i want more information!)

Date: May 12, 2007 03:24AM

Hey sweetie..oh yeah the pound of butter..or pound of flour whhich is a bag of flour that is A LOT haha..good job....

hmm well tomorrow is another day....you will do better..the garlic bread was tempting..next time tell them to take it away and that you don't want it..that way it is not there.....if you mom wants a piece tell her to take it and then have them discard it!!! that will help you out.......oh and another thing that might help..those long goals are hard because you don't have any upcoming victories to look forward too...and you have to wait 3 months to be like yay i accomplished this...instead set short goals...start off small with each meal...then the day..then the week...before you know it it will be a month from now..also when you set bigger goals you have more room to be like oh well i will start over again later...and then again and so on!!! so think of that smiling smiley that helps me...

good luck hun i hope you get your book soon too!!
love ya sach
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables