Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Osterizer
Posted by: smilebig ()
Date: April 13, 2007 06:05AM

Hello! Tomorrow I'm going to be on raw blender drinks for 24 hours. I'd appreciate any encouragement or support you'd be willing to share.

Thank you,
- S

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Osterizer
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 13, 2007 06:07AM

hey there...well welcome to the diary section and congrats on your raw journey that is amazing.....well a whole day of smoothies sounds awesome!!! congrats on this...we are all here for you to support you and help you through....good luck and take care!!!! yay you for the raw smoothie day...you can do it!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Posted by: noff ()
Date: April 13, 2007 06:22AM

hey there
That sounds like a great plan. I want to do that and have all or most of them be green smoothies (from victoria bountenko's book) Keep on posting, Id love to hear your progress!!! have fun!

Date: April 13, 2007 06:30AM

hey there smilebig...you have to enter the contest LV is having with the green mustache man..she is also having a girls one raw female enchantress...get your best green smoothie and get your best pic on here!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Date: April 13, 2007 08:06PM

Earthangel and Noff,

I thank you greatly for your encouragement.

I started the a.m. off with a blended apple and dash of cinnamon. It tasted better than I anticipated.

Mid-a.m. consisted of "Blueberry Sunrise" (almond milk, frozen blueberries and bananas). This was truly delicious.

I just drank a green smoothie for lunch.

Noff - I've made many a green smoothie, and I have to confess, I drink them out of duty not pleasure. I've read Victoria Boutenko's green smoothie book, and despite the cheerleading of how wonderful they taste, I've tried numerous combinations and still have to drink them down with a straw so that I don't gag. I do tend to put in more greens than fruit, which is my intention when I do a green smoothie. What ratio of fruit to greens do you use?

Earthangel - Do you have a green mustache photo to share?

~ smile

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2007 08:18PM by smilebig.

Date: April 14, 2007 03:21AM

hey there...no not yet but i am going to get one haha...i def think that it is an awesome award!!! so i am going to try and capture my best one...hmm you should try to add more fruit with your greens....like use a whole thing of kale with lots of fruit...you are still getting all your greens you need plus it tastes good...you don't have to cram so much greens in there...one thing of it is awesome...kale is like number one too!!! soo keep up the smoothie making and keep up the good work!!
talk with you later
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 14, 2007 05:38AM

Raw smoothie day went surprisingly well.

I had a moment of temptation this evening to eat cooked food--I occasionally go to meetings on Friday nights where they often serve really disgusting food. I knew it would be easy to drink my dinner smoothie ahead of time and not be tempted by anything they were serving. Well, I found out they were doing a BBQ potluck tonight. This part was tempting, but what was really tempting was the fresh veggie and fruit salads. Normally it would be no big deal to eat these items, but b/c I had made a commitment to myself to drink raw smoothies today and asked for support from you guys, I really wanted to be successful.

In any event, I reached my goal today and wanted to thank you for your encouragement and helping me be accountable.

~smile

Date: April 14, 2007 05:34PM

hey there ....yay you for doing well yesterday and meeting your goal!!!!! how are you today and how are you feeling...i am very excited to see how well you progress on this raw journey!! good luck hun...keep on keeping on!!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxo

Date: April 14, 2007 09:53PM

hey!
you know what i had the same problem with the smoothies. I wanted each one to be exceptionally nutritious so I was cramming greens into them and not enough fruit...bleh really. I have to have enough fruit in them for them to taste sweet and not be dominated by the greens. I mean I think it's kinda pointless to make smething healthy and beautiful and then have it be a chore to drink. I don't have the book since I lent it to someone but a smoothie i really like is 4 or more kiwis, 3 celery stalks with leaves on em, a banana and water. Celery isn't a super green but it's still great for you and I make this to chill out and remind myself that not every green smoothie has to focus on kale and such. So, how you doin?

Date: April 14, 2007 10:22PM

hey there yeah noff is right celery is a great smoothie addition...gives your body the salty taste but is actually a diuretic for your body to help rid it of excess water and stuff!!!! hmm try it out and see how you feel...and hey noff...don't try to cram so much kale...i love kale...but when i make a green smoothie i don;t like to taste it....i want a fruit smoothie...so you have to not add so much kale in there...enough is enough!! haha good luck hun!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 15, 2007 04:52AM

Hello. I'm doing well.

My daughters and hubby are joining me for raw breakfasts. We usually start out with a solid piece of fruit and then later have a fruit smoothie with some sort of raw nut/seed milk.

Earthangel and Noff - do either of you do any regular type of exercise? If so, what?

-smile

Date: April 15, 2007 07:54AM

hi there yes i do regular exercise 7 days a week about 3-4 hours a day sometimes more...rarely less...you can check out my diary and it lists all the exercise i do......
have a great day!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 15, 2007 08:34AM

hey
I like starting my day with yoga, or have a sesh anytime or place I can fit it in. Sometimes i do a quick flow or pose randomly in public if i feel like it...haha a great release! and i ride my bike to town weekdays which is about 6 miles roundtrip, plus the walk to school that's...maybe 3 miles. I'm not incredibly active, I stopped going to the gym since I prefer to exercise outside, I try to lead a life that promotes being active and being outside, not one of routine where i get frustrated when i miss a workout or something like that.what about you?

Date: April 15, 2007 09:48PM

hey noff how are you today my love?? i hope all is well with you!!!!! i am sure you had a fabulous day!!!!! that movie i was went to see last night CRAZY..haha but anyways...glad to talk with you yesterdaY!!! have a wonderful day and i hope to talk to you later!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 16, 2007 02:51AM

Earthangel - Is your diary under Sachelle?

Noff - I tend to be like you when it comes to exercise. I enjoy the outside natural scene, so I do a lot of walking. We have a woodsy hill close by that has a paved walk up to the top. That's usually my exercise of choice. I like to go hiking too, but the opportunities I get for that are only once or twice a year. I like Jorge Cruise's "8 Minutes in the Morning" for some strengthening.

The day after my 24 hours of raw smoothies, my skin felt wonderful, really soft and supple. I'm thinking about doing it again, simply b/c the results were so good.

My hubby and I are headed to the beach tomorrow. I'm looking forward to walking along the coast. I hope the weather's nice.

~ smile

Date: April 16, 2007 04:07AM

hey there...yeah it is .....i switched my screen name cuz i wrote some personal things in my journal about food issues that i didn't want coming up with all the google searches now for future employers you know?? so i switched it haha...but that is me!!!!!! i think it was beforey ou signed up that i did it cuz i posted a big thing on my journal and everyone else's when i switched and on the main forum haha...
so it's me smiling smiley
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

p.s. have fun at the beach with your hubby!!!

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 16, 2007 04:10AM

haha sorry that photo is on your page lol....i added it to the green mustache man contest on main forum and i forgot to turn of my signature so it didn't follow me!!
sorry hun
love earth angel
xoxoxoxxoxoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables