Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Benetgirls Raw Journey
Posted by: benetgirl ()
Date: April 13, 2007 04:35PM

Ok, so I'm starting my raw journey. Today is actually my second day. Cheers to me!!! smiling smiley But I know that i need to do this journal so i won't slip, cause i've failed so many times.

So a little about me. I was born in Slovakia, left as a child, then lived in Austria for two years, and then at the age of 11 came to us. So my background in food varies. I've been a vegetarian all my life. Never really ate junk food such as candy or chips. But due to my European background, I love great cheese, bread, very expensive chocolate, wine and pasta and spicy food, oh and i do indulge in a good pizza. So more than a year ago I did a 10 day juice fast. Felt great, shed some lbs. and wanted to continue. A tragedy occured in my life, and went to eating my comfort food again. Gained weight drastically, and from then on I've been yo-yoing. Doing my 10 fasts, trying really hard to eat raw, or doing only 50%. But now my skin is out of control (HELP), my weight is out of control, I don't exercise much due to my lack of motivation which results in laziness lately, I don't know what's up with that???? I have no motivation. I used to be in the gym 5-6 a week when eating cooked foods. I also have a very bad sciatica. Barely sleep at night, and when I exercise, OMG..I'm in pain... So I am beyond SICK of living this way. And my sadness, frustration and being to be able to enjoy my life to the fullest is killing me. And partying with my friends isn't helping me either...And my work, friends and lifestyle are very NOT RAW. But anything is possible.. So here I go...

I just weighed myself. Im 5"7 and 170lbs. Yayks...Thank god it's stillwinter. Last year I was 145-150 and athletic. But due to yo-yoing I went up and feel worse than ever. But my goal is to be healthy, happy, energized, focused, feel good, get that glow and be in awesome shape!!!! And be the beautiful woman in and out God intended me to be... winking smiley winking smiley winking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Benetgirls Raw Journey
Posted by: noff ()
Date: April 13, 2007 05:39PM

WELCOME! You know since starting a journal here I've felt s much more capable in staying raw since everyone is so supportive, it's the next best thing to having someone actually there with you being raw. I understand about how your life doesn't seem to promote this lifestyle, it's something we all deal with everyday. But if you do chose this path, evryday you feel more confident in yourself and your decision and are able to see all the positive and inspiring things and people there are in the world. eating raw at first made me feel alienated, but I'm trying not to make it my life, it's just what i eat ya know? Keep on posting! I can't wait to hear how it's going for you. rawck on!

Date: April 13, 2007 08:00PM

thanks noff,

i just went outside for lunch, i live in NYC and so many great places to eat, the smell of the food. aahhh sad smiley

i read your diary as well. and i do relate to the fact thats its not easy having people around you that eat everything u cant. and when u eat a raw cookie or raw ice cream, they dont understand why... why not just have the real thing... and after a while i just wanna scream and say one more time "BECAUSE IM A RAW VEGAN" thats why..... And sometimes i dont even wanna tell people that im raw. and i dont want it to get akward.. or give them a lecture. its my choice and no one has to do it... but yes, thanks god for this website... yay...Raw Vegans United...hhehehehe smiling smiley

Posted by: smilebig ()
Date: April 13, 2007 08:10PM

Welcome.

Jorge Cruise has several "8 Minutes in the Morning" books that have very simple body moves to build muscle and lose fat. I own 3 of his books and love them! Anyone can do 8 minutes in the privacy of their own home. This little something is better than nothing.

The best to you,
smile

Date: April 13, 2007 09:19PM

thanks smile. smiling smiley hehe

i think i need to run a marathon to shed all of this... smiling smiley

Posted by: Monark ()
Date: April 13, 2007 10:24PM

Yes - it's hard to deal with everyone around you that is not vegan, let alone raw smiling smiley . Fortunatley I work in a health food store where a healthy lifestyle is supported smiling smiley . My boss, who knew I was vegan, but didn't know I had gone raw, bought a pizza for everyone the other night - and he got a vegatable pizza because he knew I was vegan, in hopes that I might be able to share in it - but it did have cheese on it. I told him I deeply appreciated his thoughtfulness, but that I had decided to go raw, so would not be able to eat the pizza. He was fine with that smiling smiley smiling smiley .

So glad this site is here!!!

Great goals you've got set there ! I look forward to seeing you achieve every one of them !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 14, 2007 12:21AM

hey bennetgirl wats up?? yah i kno wat u mean abou creaming it 2 ppl lol, one night i went out with my mom 2 pf changs and she asked me if i wanted the some chicken dish ( and this was way after i told her that i didnt want 2 eat meat nemore), and im like no im a veggitarian (just 2 keep it simple) and then 2 seconds later shes like are you going 2 get the salmon salad, and i was like wtfo? and i got pissed, and i was like no im a veggitarian gez!! is fish a veggietable,, and seriously it was about 10 seconds b4 she said no!! lmao i was just like wow okkkkk
haha :p

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 14, 2007 03:19AM

hi there hun....welcome to the forum and congrats on making this incredible raw journey.....it is so great on the forum people are wonderful and we are all here to support you and help you...most of us live in s.a.D homes with no raw vegans in our lives except for on this forum...so never think you are alone cuz we are all alone together smiling smiley...you are doing good trying and succeeding!!! keep up the awesome work!!! take care...and keep it up!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Posted by: Monark ()
Date: April 15, 2007 12:44AM

Hey there Benetgirl - how did day 2 go ??

Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: April 15, 2007 07:51AM

hey there how are you??? just checking in to say hello!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxxoxo

Date: April 16, 2007 04:35PM

DAY 5 and 168 lbs.

Hello my new raw food friends smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Thank u all soooooo much for putting ur 2 cents in. Yeah, me and this website are def gonna be attached by the hip in order for me to continue and achieve my new me. Reading all the posts helps and especially this diary and all the love and 411 im getin on this site... ok so this is how it went:

During the week I'm a corporate girl. Work in entertainment business. During the week im behind my desk, dont move much... and during the week i kept up my old job as a waitress. I run around like crazy. Serve food and want to eat it and nibble on it. So wanted to have a veggie burger or sweet potato fries. So i ate fruit all day plus juice. But im def overeating on salads w avocado, onions.. and olive oil... I also had a raw tuna sandwich (made out of some oats or somethin and flax bread. but i am allowing it for now. its my transition.. i did have one raw ice cream and 2 raw cholotae bars. altough they were only 95% raw.

I have realized that even though im not hungry, i need to eat. its like i look to satisfy myself w raw food cause theres no longer my cooked comfort food. so i eat all raw...until im beyond full. ITS CRAZY!!!!!!!! DID ANYONE EXPERIENCE THIS???? also i did have a cooked broth w fresh garlic and herbs in it. is this raw or am i cheating????????????

Date: April 16, 2007 05:46PM

hey there haha...welli think you are having a few things that aren't raw but that is okay you are transitioning!!! so don't worry about it....take your time and go at it however you need to to get to raw...and be whatever percentage you are trying to obtain!!!! yeah so the items weren't raw that you had....but that is okay they were almost raw and they are transition foods....hmm tuna did you have fresh tuna from the sushi place?? be careful with raw tuna....or did you have the cooked kind in a can??? i can't give too much thought on it since i keep vegan....and i know if you post ont he main forum about the tuna they will scold you and not offer any support or advice haha...they are religious about this stuff lol winking smiley....but we aren't so yay for diary gals!!!!!....hmm that broth wasn't raw and so no that doesn't count either but hey it's transistion so it isn't like its a good or bad thing it is a acooked and raw and transitition thing!!!!! so yay you for doing more raw things.....
hmm to give you a little advice so you don't feel ocnfuse....things you can count as eating raw.....alll fruits and veggies in their whole state not cooked!!!!!!
any product that says 100% raw on the package...the less then that stuff messes up y our percentage as well if you aren't 100% raw....and if you are...makes you a % cooked instead.......any fresh juice made from a juicer...at a juice bar or home!! wheatgrass frozen and freshly juice....supplements that say raw and vegan on them...i found that health force nutrionals are GREAT...i use their superfood vitamineral greens...and today i just started their liver detox!!!!
hmm and that is about it...oh yes and freshly frozen fruit are raw if they are in a package that states fresh frozen and the only ingredient on the bag is the whole fruit......most veggies though are cooked and salted before bagging but at helth food stores you can find a few that aren't!!!!!! extra virgin olive oil that is cold pressed is raw and can be used....coconut butter/oil is raw and will say.....it is great for all sorts of things....all seasonings i found are cooked..they are heated to be dried...so you can either dry your own or use fresh...fresh goes a longer way with flavor.....the salt that most all raw books say to use if you need salt is the himayalain sea salt granules.....hmm i think oh and watch out for cashews...they are only raw if bought through nature's first law....because they have to be heated to open the shells.......hmm well i hope this helps i know when i started i had no idea what was raw or not when it came down to the little things you know...so i thought this might help you!!! good luck with it hun..sounds like you are one busy gal!!! keep up the awesome work and have a wonderful day!!!
you are doing great
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxxoxo

Date: April 16, 2007 06:27PM

CORRECTION CORRECTION TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAYKS!!!!!

AND ESPECIALLY TO EARTANGEL!!!! I didnt have real tuna!!!! what i meant to say was that it was raw tuna vegan style... I bought it at a healthfood store. they call it mock tuna and its made w nuts, onions, and other stuff (like a pate) and then they sandwich it between raw bread...out of flax seed i believe. this is their website:

[www.westerlynaturalmarket.com]

in the store they have a small juice bar/deli where they make raw food. So yayks, i wouldnt anoyne to think i ate a cute tuna... and as u say earthangel I wouldnt wanna get scolded for a misunderstanding??? LOL

and thanks about the seasoning...i dint know that. is there any RAW SEASONING???

I use celtic sea salt. is that good???

Thanks there Angel... smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley stuff like this helps me to be a better raw girl!!! knowldge baby knowledge.... And i know theres so much i will need to learn.....

Gotta go for now...

Date: April 16, 2007 07:44PM

hey there oh haha well i didn't think it was bad to each their own on your journey you know?? i thought that is what you meant by transition ahha....well that iscool yeahi have seen not realy tuna pate receipes....
hmm i think celtic sea salt is awesome too!!!! hmm i have yet to find some raw seasonings which is bad cuz i like the convience haha....yeah i know there is so much to learn and so much i want to know and learn too!! i have like 50 books literally haha...but hey glad to help and anything you find out let me know too!! i loe learning new things and knowig i am being the best raw girlie i can be too!!
have a great day
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Date: April 16, 2007 09:18PM

hey earth angel,

i know what u meant... actually i was laughing.... but when i said i was transitioning, someone told me that all that prepared food was not all that good. i should do more fresh veggies and fruits, which makes sence... but right now i need to think im eating real food. so to me a fake sandwich out of nuts is it... even though i should cut down on the pates and all that. smiling smiley

Date: April 16, 2007 09:32PM

oh why oh why????????? ran out for lunch, hit the farmers market on 14th st,got some awesome apples. and then instead of goin back to work i stopped at lucky duck_next to pre food and wine and bought 1/2 pint of vanilla and 1'2 pint of raw chocolate ice cream. then went back to work and just finished them. ate half of my salad. and i did because i have all the money in the world to buy them. $15 for 2... and now i feel like a stuffed turkey. i should pat myself on the back for the extra lb. i will gain tomrw.

A promise to my self:
Ok girlie, TMR ABSOLUTELY NO RAW ICE CREAM!!!!

Date: April 17, 2007 03:14AM

STOP RIGHT THERE...................do not beat yourself up over RAW FOOD....that is the goal right now...and if its' raw it is good to have in transition....i have a friend who is in transition for the past 2 months and has lost like 20 or 25 pounds and she eats raw ice cream every day and usually 1/2-1 pound of raw chocolate haha...she has been transitioning to raw for 2 years so she ate raw except she cheated on cooked some days....but now that she is 100% raw she eats all the raw she wants as long as it is raw and she is good to go!! so don't harm yourself or think it is bad..you are eating raw commend yourself...for now anything raw is excellent!! keep it up!!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: noff ()
Date: April 17, 2007 06:45AM

earthangel is so right about not giving yourself a hard time for eating raw goodies. I find myself with strong cravings that make me wanna call for a pizza or stick my head in an ice cream bucket...but instead i make myself a raw pie or banana chocolate ice cream, i don't feel bad about it because i know that it's all about getting through this transitioning phase while staying as raw as you can. you rock girl , keep going! you're doing so well!

Date: April 17, 2007 06:48AM

see girlie...i am not the only one that thinks you ROCK!! or that you are doing amazing.....noff is my buddy she rocks too!!! she is so helpful to me when i am trying to tell everyone how special they are and how much strength i can see in them..s.he is right there to back me up and reiterate it!! thanks girl!!!
so keep rawkin and eat that yummy raw goody cuz hey your raw and that in itself is awesome!!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables