Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8
Monark's Raw Journey
Posted by: Monark ()
Date: April 13, 2007 06:51PM

Hi Everyone!

Thanks to rawrnr for letting me know about this site !!!!

I've been vegan for quite some time and decided to go 100% Raw this past week. Loving it so far - exploring all kinds of new recipes (I am a cookbook junkie!!!)

I've decided to do a Juice Feast/Fast one day a week - so today is my first Juice Feast day. Gonna try and get 1 gallon of juice down smiling smiley smiling smiley

I've had almost 1 liter so far - I'm hungry - will keep going with the juice, though smiling smiley . The bananas on my kitchen counter looked way too good - they are ripe and ready to eat - so I froze them to use tomorrow smiling smiley .

Water - will get water in today, too smiling smiley smiling smiley .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Monark's Raw Journey
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 13, 2007 08:21PM

heyy monark wats up ? woah dang a gallon of juice,,, actually sounds really good :]]
hHaha good luck!! so u havent hitten ne rough patches yet thats awsome!!
jealous
haha if u arent gunna eat the bananas i will :p

Posted by: benetgirl ()
Date: April 13, 2007 09:24PM

hey,

yeah, im on day two.. but welcome!!! its kind of good that there are some newbies here as well as some professionals to give us advice....

what day r u on????

but u know what helps me when i juice. i add aloe vera to my juice. well i juice it. it makes u feel like its a skake. my favorite is mando and aloe. mnam. but try the aloe, really and let me know. and fuzzy if u r reading this as well, aloe is very good for acne. aloe is an internal healer.

Date: April 13, 2007 10:14PM

Hey you two - thanks for posting !! Fuzzysox - (love the name !!!! ) I am going to eat the bananas - tomorrow LOL . I plan to make some raw "ice cream" with them by running the frozen pieces through my juicer with the homogenizing attachment on. It's good with some soaked dates mixed in, or some frozen mango, too! I also have a container of raw carob 'syrup' in the fridge that I like to pour on top - yummy!!! You are welcome to come over and share my ice cream LOLOL!

Hi benetgirl - I am on day (gets out calendar - can't remember LOL ) 6 or 7 I think. smiling smiley . Only 1 slip so far - I work in a health food store and we set out samples of products for customers to try - on Tuesday they set out packages of Newman O's cookies - the mint ones - OMG are they good - and I was hungry - so ate 3 of them. After I had my regular raw meal on my break, though, they didn't tempt me any more smiling smiley smiling smiley .

I have been putting aloe in my juice every day - seems to have helped the innards settle down some smiling smiley smiling smiley .

So far I feel OK on just the juice today - I'm having some weird but brief passing symptoms like ringing in my ears, a little dizzy if I get up too fast, lots of internal gurgling, if I keep sipping at the juice the hunger goes away.

I'm almost half way through the juice - whew! Not doing anything too terribly physical today - thought about heading to the gym for my cardio - but decided, since this is my first 'fast' to just stay home and take it easy and see how it goes.

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: April 14, 2007 12:00AM

o geez tha juice sounds good! stopp it!jk, all i got here is garlic, cabbage and one tomato, and im outta money
im screwed
kool 7 days good job :]
AHHHAAHAHAHA!!! iam having major cravings, annd all the crap is downstairs, i swear 2 god its wispering eatme, eatme, EATME.... dammit
do u live with ne sad eateers?
o yah those newman cookies r friggin addictive lol, i used 2 work at a health food store, idk if i could do it now with allthese evil cravings lol, ur strong!! good luck :]

Date: April 14, 2007 12:32AM

Hiya fsox smiling smiley

Shredded cabbage with tomato/garlic sauce sounds good to me smiling smiley smiling smiley . Nope I don't live with any sad eaters - good thing !

Hang in there foxxysoxxy - you can do it !!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: April 14, 2007 12:38AM

yah actually that does sound good lol, i just want fruit tho, so garlic dosent sound so great right now :p
thanx monarch :] im tryin,,,
thats so good u dont live with sad eater,,,lucky :p
do u hav any rawfood freinds where u live?

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: April 14, 2007 02:25AM

Welcome monark!!!!

I tried to juice ast one day a week for a LONG time - I could NEVER do it!

It is easier just fasting for a long time - after day 3-5 hunger goes away - once a week, I would go all day withough eating come home and binge!

If it works for you GO FOR IT!!

ALL the best!!!

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 14, 2007 02:44AM

hey there welcome to the forum...saw you posted on rawrnr's the other day was hoping you would make your own journal!!! congrats on going raw this is an amazing journey to be starting!!!! glad you are doing it and tryijng the juice fast too.....i read a book that said for optimum health you should do a juice fast one day a week every week...so you are already on the right path!!! keep up the good work and know we are all here for support for you!!
take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: April 14, 2007 02:53PM

Made it through my juice fast for one day smiling smiley smiling smiley . Whew !! As the day went on it got easier - drank the last of my juice just before I went to bed, and felt full. Partway through the day I thought about fixing that banana ice cream at the end of the day as a reward for getting through the whole day on juice - but then I thought - why not see if I can make it through to morning - after all it IS suppossed to be for the entire day smiling smiley .

So I did - gonna have the banana ice cream for breakfast LOL ....

rawrnr - I hope to get brave enough to do a long-term juice fast someday - Bravo to You for doing that !!! You Go Girl !!!

Thank earth angel ! I am so encouraged by all the success stories - I have been involved in bodybuilding and all the dietary manipulations that go with that for over 8 years now and no matter what I did diet and exercise-wise I could never lose the weight I wanted (I did lose some - but never reached my goal).
My bodybuilding buddies think I'm nuts - but I am used to that - people have thought I was nuts all my life - starting with my family when I was young - I am thankful for that cuz I learned to step into my own self and do what I felt was right for me from a very young age.

I'm getting back into the gym this week with some cardio - will add in the weights in another week or two - weighed myself this morning and I am 4 lbs lighter smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley I am 5' 3" and currently weigh 143.5 lbs smiling smiley I do have alot of muscle, though - and plan to add more. My goal has always been 135 lbs.

Fsoxxy - nope - don't have any raw friends around me - I live in an 8-unit apartment building and everyone here is pretty close - they don't say anything bad about my lifestyle choices but they don't say anything good, either smiling smiley . Neutral is good smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: April 14, 2007 04:08PM

i can relate 2 the whole nuts thing, my whole family thinks im nuts,, and when i say whole family i mean EVERYONE, great aunts, cousins in law, 2nd cousins removed, word gets around,, and my friends also think im weird, lol but prolly not just bc i eat rawfood :p
good job on the juicefast!! awsome :] that banana icecream sounds soo good yumm :p

i am 5'3" and when i did gymnastics i used 2 workout 5 days a week, 4 to 4 and a half hours everyday, and i weighed 135 then,, but now that i look back at it maybe that was an unnatural weight for me, i ate a lot of meat and stuff then that was jacked up with hormones and crap,,, rawfoods is awsome bc itll show your real weight, without all the additives lol
yes neutral is good, very good, though positive would be nice, but either way its good just as long as theyre not spilling their negativeness over onto you
:]
keep it up ur doing really good! good luck ;]

Date: April 14, 2007 05:27PM

hey there......yay you for completing your full day of juice fasting!!!! yay yay yay you!!! sooo happy for you....and that is a great idea to have the ice cream for breakfast you are still getting the ice cream just on a different day!!!!! try not to use food those as a reward!! that can sometimes get the best of you...when you ahve been raw for a week or two and you might say oh a little cookedmeal that i am craving own't hurt it will be my treat haha...i get nervous for people...but hey it's your choice lol.....good luck with today you will do amazing again i am sure!!! you are doing so good

sorry your family thinks you are crazy....but it is probably a good thing you are probably crazy awewsome!!! so keep it up!!
take care and have a wonderful day!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 14, 2007 09:58PM

Thanks earth angel smiling smiley smiling smiley I make sure now that my "rewards" are raw smiling smiley smiling smiley . I've had this thing about "treats" for a long time - something that is bad for you is definitely not a treat !!!

Went to the gym for cardio today - felt good smiling smiley

I took some before pics today - will take more pics once a month to track my journey - I have no doubt that I will finally be getting the body I have wanted for so long smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Finally found my calendar LOL - I began eating raw last Friday, so this is day 9 smiling smiley smiling smiley

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: April 14, 2007 10:26PM

hey there good for you!!! things i have found that work for rewards or treats are...getting a pedi or mani....buying a new item of clothing....getting your hair cut or styled different....a new nail polish or if you need i to be food related...by yourself that new spiral slicer you want that makes veggie pasta or that new cutting board or bowl...or something that rewards you without food....smiling smiley good luck hun take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Date: April 15, 2007 09:45PM

Hope everyone's having an awesome Sunday - it's BEEEE UUUUUUU TIFUL here - sunny and in the 50's - I'm lovin' it - got outside and got some good sunshine - ahhhhh - feels so good !!! I love snow - but I've had enough of it for now - I'm ready for spring smiling smiley smiling smiley

Today's the last day of my 2 1/2 week vacation - the end of my old job - the start of a new smiling smiley . Actually I've been working part-time at the new job for awhile now - I'm starting full time there this week smiling smiley smiling smiley . It's a MUCH happier environment for me to be in smiling smiley Looking forward to it.

SO - when my vacation began I made this big, long list of stuff I wanted to get done - did it all get done?? Nope smiling smiley smiling smiley I was busy vacationing LOLLOLLOL !!

So today I made a big, long, huge list of stuff I still want to get done and got started on it - no way I will get it ALL done - but will do what I can today and just do one thing each day hereafter until it's all completed smiling smiley

One thing I did get done today was to install a second light over my indoor garden. I built an indoor garden last year on my vacation and have been trying to grow my own veggies all year round. Discovered, though, that I didn't have enough light for them to grow well - so I got a second light put in today - that should improve things alot. smiling smiley smiling smiley

I also received a gardening catalog today that offered $25 of FREE STUFF - your choice - from their catalog as an introductory offer. I ordered 25 lbs of organic vegatable compost for the indoor garden - got it completely free! That should last me until I figure out how to do my own indoor composting smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Still 100% Raw smiling smiley smiling smiley

Have a great day, everyone !!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: April 15, 2007 10:00PM

hey there...well that is awesome about your catalog congrats i wish i had something like that haha...well keep up the great work seems like you are doing really well!!!...hmm back towork at a place that is better for you is sooo good yay you!!!!
well keep up the awesome work
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 15, 2007 10:04PM

Hi Monarch Butterfly:

I think you are doing AWESOME! Great accomplishment for doing the one day juice thing and also its cool that you have your own thoughts and won't let other people deter you with their own opinions. Keep trekkini and enjoy !

Date: April 15, 2007 10:06PM

aww monarch butterfly i am sure she is a beautiful butterfly flying around tending to her indoor garden !!!
yay you monark
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 17, 2007 02:28AM

Awww.....thanks - you guys are so sweet smiling smiley smiling smiley

Back to work today - at my new job - it was actually very relaxing and enjoyable smiling smiley smiling smiley

Had an awesome cardio session today - one of the best I have ever had ! My legs just started pumpin' super fast - and I looked down at them in amazement ! Wow - been a very long time since I've seen them do that!!! Woooo Hoooo !!!!

I'll do cardio three times this week, then add weights in next week smiling smiley I may be participating in a challenge that is starting up on my bodybuilding board - I'm up for it !

Still raw - don't know how many days smiling smiley smiling smiley

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: April 17, 2007 04:00AM

yay you keep up the good work!!! awesome .....good luck on the challenge if you go for it!!! congrats.......keep it up
love earth angel
xoxoxoxxoxoxoxo

Date: April 18, 2007 04:28AM

First day of full time - back to work - got to spend part of the day working OUTSIDE - the sunshine felt SO good - it was a gorgeous day !! Saw a goose out behind the store yesterday - and a couple of the employees told me they sometimes see deer back there smiling smiley smiling smiley

Got just a touch of sunburn - but it will turn into tan shortly smiling smiley smiling smiley Got my dose of Vit D in !! smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Only 2 other people are enthusistic about the challenge - so I am not sure if it's gonna fly - but I'm gonna go ahead with it on my own if we decide we aren't going to do it as a group. I used to be in really good shape and I want to get back there again!

Made a spinach dip today that was awesome - spinach, avocado, lemon juice, sea salt - yummy!!!

Looking forward to another awesome day tomorrow !!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Posted by: noff ()
Date: April 18, 2007 05:53AM

hello monark,

you are doing superbly! An indoor gardern sounds beautiful, having plants inside is very calming. I'm going to make that spinach dip you posted, what a good way to get more greens in. I'm a little bored of smoothies...happy rawness to you!

Date: April 18, 2007 06:20AM

hey my little butterfly!!!! congrats to you and your awesome work!! you are doing awesome on raw...keep up the good work!!! that spinach dip is an awesome thing to have around for crudites (chopped veggies) to dip into for a yummy snack and meal!!!
keep it up
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 19, 2007 03:32AM

Thanks noff and earthangel smiling smiley smiling smiley I just love that spinach dip - gonna make some more tomorrow - YUM .

Wasn't 100% raw today - the store where I work had some tortilla chips out for sampling so I indulged in a few - not too worried about it though smiling smiley .

Really enjoyed my day at work today - I was the only one in my department today so I got to do everything my way smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley . It was quite enjoyable smiling smiley .

Will shop for Friday's juice feast tomorrow - I'm gonna try doing my cardio while on my weekly juice feast this time - will see how it goes.

Got my cardio in this morning - almost didn't - we had a power failure here for about 30 minutes - glad it came back on in time for me to get to the gym !

Will add in weight training next week - looking forward to that smiling smiley

Posted by: shellydj75 ()
Date: April 19, 2007 04:09AM

I gotta try that dip! I did a avacado dip today that was awesome, thanks for sharing. I am doing an all day juice fast on Friday..waiting on my new juicer...my old one bit the dust... glad to see how many mad it through. Did you do all fruit juice or fruit and veggie? Just curious? I can't wait to get enough energy back to start working out.....

Date: April 19, 2007 04:12AM

hi there my dear....another awesome day for you i see smiling smiley.....keep up the awesome work...yay for getting to do things your way at work haha...that is always an awesome feeling...and yay for the gym!!! keep up the good work!!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 20, 2007 05:51AM

Hi shellydj75 smiling smiley Glad you popped in - what's your avocado recipe?? For my juice feast I use all veggie juices with just enough apple thrown in to sweeten it a little - otherwise it's very bitter.

Just got home with some of the most awesome looking swiss chard I have ever seen - also got a bunch of other lovely greenies to throw in there smiling smiley . I also found a recipe that uses all that pulp to make some crackers in the dehydrator. I hate wasting pulp ! I can use the crackers with the yummy spinach dip smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Thanks EA smiling smiley smiling smiley Looking forward to tomorrow - my day off !! And it's supposed to be sunny and 65 degrees - YIPPPEEE!!! I get to go out and play !!!!

Oh - my FREE 25 pounds of compost arrived today, too - so I can plant more indoor veggies smiling smiley smiling smiley

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: April 20, 2007 05:56AM

hey there....congrats on a good day!!! keep up the awesoem work!!!!! yay for the compost arriving today and start planting your veggies that is exciting!!!
yeah i have seen many receipes to use th pulp from the juicers so you don't waste awesome for making crackers!!!!
keep it up
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 21, 2007 12:11AM

Juice feast day for me - it's going great smiling smiley smiling smiley I did my cardio with no problem smiling smiley smiling smiley I have my dehydrator full of pulp crackers - should last me quite a while smiling smiley I'm going to look into indoor composting, though, cuz I'm gonna be drowning in crackers pretty soon LOL smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Will sit down tonight and put together my workout plan for the upcoming weeks.

What a gorgeous day - sunny and 70 degrees - and it's supposed to be a little warmer tomorrow smiling smiley YEA!!!!!

I think I will do my veggie planting on Sunday - after all it IS Earth Day !!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: April 21, 2007 03:20AM

yay you for juicing!! a great thing for your body....take care of yourself...and enjoy your day!! hmm indoor composting will be agood idea with all that pulp haha...but i know there was more things you could do with it too..you just have to look haha....good luck hun
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Pages: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables