Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 6 of 8
Re: Monark's Raw Journey
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 25, 2007 03:58AM

hey hun..glad you are feeling a little better!! yay...haha i saw the movie what the bleep at blockbuster what is it about?? i gues i am dumb haha...anyways it looks awesome though!!!
have a great day
love earthangel
xoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Monark ()
Date: May 25, 2007 04:29PM

Hi EA. What the Bleep is mainly about the research being done in the area of quantum mechanics which is now scientifically proving that our intentions create our world smiling smiley We Reiki people have known this for a long time smiling smiley smiling smiley but those science folks are finally catching on smiling smiley smiling smiley

There is a story line about a girl named Amanda who receives various lessons along that way that show her that her beliefs and what she is thinking is creating what she sees in the world.

The story is interspersed with interviews from researchers in the field of energy and quantum mechanics that explain the results of the research they have been doing to explain exactly how this phenomenon happens smiling smiley smiling smiley Each interview segment is called a 'rabbit hole' - referring to the rabbit hole from Alice in Wonderland - where she went down into the rabbit hole and came back out again a changed woman smiling smiley smiling smiley

I had to laugh at one interview in the movie where the experimenter had 4 meditators create a sacred space with their intentions, then set an intention to program an electrical device to increase the pH of a solution by 1 point. They then sent this intention-programmed device to a lab 1000 miles away and set it next to a chemical solution - and sure enough, over time the pH of the solution went up by 1 point. The experimenter made the comment that 'someday we can use the power of intention for healing'. LOL Reiki people and other energy healers have been doing this for thousands of years smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 26, 2007 12:53AM

Hey EA - my kitty gives a 4-paws-up for your zucchini hummus recipe !!!!! I can't keep him out of the bowl LOLOL !!! I think it's pretty darned good, too - just sitting here munching on some carrots with the dip - yummy !!

Having a great day off - I got a huge project done that I've been wanting to do for a long time smiling smiley Whew !!!

Getting a few other things done, too, and using a new program to help me get my life organized again. smiling smiley . Yea !!!

Called my gym and they are going to be open on Monday, so I'll head back then for phase II of my workout plan - building strength - wooo hooo !!!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 26, 2007 03:04AM

hey there..ooh that is interesting i don't have a dvd player but would love to see the movie haha..maybe i will rent it lol..i think my dvd player will play movies sometimes it is dumb though and freezes for a second smiling smiley.....well thanks for the info!!
ooh and i am soo glad you and the kitty love the hummus isn't it yummY!! and it is so light and refreshing..doesn't weigh you down or fill your stomach with stones smiling smiley
take care and have a great weekend!! yay for getting organized..i am pakcing everything cuz i need to feel like it is done and i knwo what goes what stays and what not haha...so i am getting that done this weekend while my dear roomie is out of town!!!
wish me luck as i wish you luck smiling smiley lots of good energy coming your way smiling smiley
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: noff ()
Date: May 26, 2007 06:50AM

hey
how are you doing? I haven't checked in with you lately, glad to see you're doing well. smiling smiley I watched that movie a few weeks back, so interesting! I didn't catch when they said that they hope one day they can use intention to heal. haha Makes me feel smart and grateful I know that that day is today. Have a great day monark.

Date: May 26, 2007 09:31AM

hmm everyone seems to know about this movie where have i been haha..
i gotta get it lol!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 27, 2007 03:27AM

Wow - o - Wow - my appetite was really down this past week while I was detoxing - today was a whole 'nother story LOL - I ate about everything in sight - couldn't get enough food all day - my appetite is BACK !!! I bought $100 worth of groceries!!! (and that was AFTER my 20% employee discount!!!) - Monday I will be starting the plan I downloaded a few days ago from a free e-book called How Anybody Can Build Muscle on a Raw Diet. So the food I bought today is for that plan - plus a bunch of other goodies that just looked so darned good - watermelons, fresh peas (oh YUM!!), and a pineapple smiling smiley smiling smiley They had tons of fresh fruit and veggie samples out today and I was munching them all smiling smiley smiling smiley Ate about 7 bananas and the rest of the zucchini dip with carrots, had some peas and strawberries, watermelon, pineapple, red peppers, dried mango, a bowl of raw oat groats with pine nuts, cinnamon, banana, and raisins, and I was still ravenous when I got home smiling smiley

My workouts are planned - I just need to figure which day I'm going to do which workout - will do that after I get off of the computer smiling smiley smiling smiley .

noff - great to see ya !! How's the Reiki going??? I loved the Bleep movie - didn't get a chance to watch it again the other day - but I'll watch it again Monday before I take it back smiling smiley

EA - definitely see it smiling smiley smiling smiley It's wonderful smiling smiley smiling smiley How's the packing going, hun?? Good to have the roommate gone while you do that - easier to navigate smiling smiley smiling smiley Wishing you luck back !!!! Thanks for the energy !!! and here's some back attcha smiling smiley smiling smiley ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy raw day everyone !!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 27, 2007 03:48AM

Ooooohhhhhh, all that food sounds good! I need to do a shop, too. Seems I am spending a fortune on food, but it is worth it. I am so glad to be doing this...it's been about 20 days 100% raw...that's good. I need avocados and tomatoes and more oranges...I start to go into orange defecit panic when I still have about 10 left!

Good going with the exercise...this is something I really have to get going with! It will make a BIG difference, I know.

Glad you are doing so well! Continue!
Elakti

Date: May 27, 2007 05:12AM

Hey love.....well the packing is going pretty well..i am getting to the point though where it is like just throw it all away i dont want to pack anymore smiling smiley haha oh well i will be finished with most of the house by tomorrow...i had to go through all the stuff in the closet you know..couldn't just throw it into the bod withouth looking through it and throwing somethings out and blah haha..
well thanks for the energy!! take care and have a great night..i gotta go pack some more haha
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 28, 2007 12:57AM

LOL Elakti "orange deficit panic" LOLOL - I do that when there are less than 5 unread books in the house - gotta have more books !!!

LOL - EA - I remember the "just throw it all out phase " - good luck, hun smiling smiley smiling smiley

I just found out about a local CSA that will deliver fresh-picked organic produce once a week all growing season long - you can do a monthly payment or 3 evenly spaced payments - then once a week you meet (usually at a farmer's market) and pick up all the wonderful stuff they just picked off their farm - much lower prices on the food since you don't have to go through a store - just buy it straight from the farmer - I am LIKING this idea since I eat so much fresh organic produce and it's SO expensive, even with my employee discount - there is still quite a markup smiling smiley smiling smiley They also give you first pick of their best stuff - everything else goes to the farmer's market for sale. So I am thinking about doing this - have to research it more - the price also includes giving you a chance to come out to their farm a few times and pick your own strawberries and tomatoes.

Will let you know what I decide smiling smiley

Need to finalize my workout schedule tonight - then I'll be hitting the gym tomorrow ! I already called - they will have limited hours tomorrow so I will be able to get there - no problem smiling smiley

Happy raw day everyone !!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 28, 2007 02:22AM

That shopping/delivery 1st pickings organic thing sounds TERRIFIC!

I actually stopped by a regular store today on way home from work, to pick up avocados and tomatoes and lettuce. The avocados I don't mind if they aren't organic, they don't have many predators, heh, and so are not so contaminated, if at all. The tomatoes and lettuce tasted pretty good, what a difference in price. But, those two items I don't realy like to buy non-organic. I also got a canteloupe. That was hard enough to carry, but it was convenient to stop at this store from bus route. Had to get avocados! I ate one at the bus stop. I didn't get oranges because of the weight, but I raided the orange tree here that still had a few at the top. I knocked them down with an oar.

So now I have some oaranges, heh.

Keep on, sounds great, everything---food, exercise, and plenty of books
Smiles,
Elakti

Date: May 28, 2007 09:47AM

Hey hun..wow that is awesome about the little farm situation!! i wish that when i move home there was something similar!!!
well yes i ams o at the throw it out phase haha!!
but i am doing better taking it all in lol..
well it is late and i ams leepy i gotta get to bed!! take care and have a wonderful day
love sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 28, 2007 03:17PM

Good Morning to all my partners in rawness smiling smiley smiling smiley

I decided to post the info about the farm share on the bulletin board in my apartment building and see if any of my neighbors want to go in on a share with me. The thing is, I don't know exactly how much is going to be included in the weekly box - with all the produce I eat - I could probably do a full share myself - if not more - but I wanna try it first as a half share and see how it goes. Hmmm...if noone is interested I may just go for the full share - I checked out their web site a little more and found out that they may just be dropping the goods off at the store where I work !!! How cool is that smiling smiley smiling smiley

Today begins my Raw Diet for BodyBuilders plan - had a bowl of sliced strawberries, raspberries, raisins, and pine nuts for breakfast with a glass of fresh squeezed apple juice, and a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice. Will head to the gym in about 1/2 hour for my workout smiling smiley smiling smiley

Have a great raw day !!!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 28, 2007 06:17PM

Workout done !

Lunch: Huuuuuuuuge salad with romaine, kale, black olives, sunflower seeds, chopped walnuts, tomatoes, beets, and evoo + raw apple cider vinegar dressing. Juice with spinach, carrots, celery, parsley, 1 t spirulina, and some Aloe juice that I want to use up smiling smiley

*sigh* now on to the housework - ewwwwwwww smiling smiley

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 28, 2007 09:50PM

hey hun....congrats on day one of your own little body building goals!! you are doing so amazing....and of course that share sounds wonderful even if you are the only one..a big huge box of fruit for jsut you!! yay..and it comes straight to your work how convienent for you!!!!

you sound like your energy is high and spirits as well!! keep it up hun!! take care of yourself!!

love always
sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 28, 2007 11:45PM

Afternoon snack : celery ribs with almond butter

Here's a list of the food included in the share - of course it is delivered as it comes up outta the ground - it is fresh picked the morning of the delivery :

Arugula
Beans
Broccoli
Brussel Sprouts
Carrots
Cabbages
Cauliflower
Celeriac
Cucumbers
Eggplant
Fennel
Garlic
Greens
Herbs
Kale
Kohlrabi
Lettuce
Leeks
Melons
Onions
Peas
Peppers
Potatoes
Pumpkins
Radishes
Rhubarb
Salsa Fixins
Scallions
Spinach
Strawberries
Swiss Chard
Winters Squash
Zucchini & Summer
Squash

I've pretty much talked myself into doing a full share LOL LOL LOL . It works out to about $24 a week .

I found a picture of the 'box' :

Whadda ya think - does this look like a good value for $24 ???

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 29, 2007 12:29AM

I am sitting here drooling over this picture LOLOLOL

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 29, 2007 02:35AM

OK, I filled out the order form - have it in an envelope, stamped and addressed smiling smiley Put a note on the info I posted for the neighbors letting them know I signed up for a full share - but to let me know if they were still interested and I would print out an order form for them smiling smiley smiling smiley

Posted the rest of my food for the day in the 7 week challenge thread smiling smiley smiling smiley

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 29, 2007 02:51AM

That sounds (and looks) GREAT! and inexpensive! You might just eat the whole kaboodle....especially with your good eating kits!

I wonder if there is anything like that down here in S.Diego.

You are doing so well! Lovely!

Date: May 29, 2007 03:28AM

I looked at it...let me know how you like it. I am most partial to natural hygiene, have read all the Herbert Shelton books. They are very good, he is quite a good writer. It makes the most beautiful sense. There are some questions in my mind, but for the most part, it is the most sensible...leaves out all the convolutions of supplements, extra busy and expensive therapies, etc. Simply eat our biologically designated food (fruits, some vegetables which are mostly still fruits, some greens, a few seeds, a few nuts), drink good water, sleep enough, get fresh air, good exercise, and the other areas of positive outlook, job satisfaction, little stress as possible, spiritual outlook, and so forth. And the body will self heal, self maintain. It knows what to do if there is no toxic interference and it is getting the raw material that feeds the cells.

If I find a source for reordering this book by Art Baker I will let you know. I think it is one of the most important books ever written. It is just that fantastic. I think you would like it. smiling smiley

Date: May 29, 2007 03:47AM

CSA's in San Diego smiling smiley

[www.bewiseranch.com]

[www.seabreezed.com]

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 29, 2007 05:32AM

hey monark that is awesome thanks for the san diego links!!! wow al of that for only 24 a week?? that is amazing..that is less thenmost people spend every week on food they ar ranging like 100-150 a week so 24 a week is AMAZING...do you know of any places in northern indiana near valporaiso or south bend or something?? thanks hun
take care and enjoy your day!! that looks amazing the deal you got!!
let us know how it goes
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 29, 2007 03:40PM

Thanks Monark, I will look into this!!!

Good Day and Good Eating and Good Everything to ya,

moi

Date: May 29, 2007 08:02PM

Hey there just stopped in to say hello to you and see how the day is oging so far with your big plan! i know you started yesterday!! but still hah just checking in and seeing how it is going!!
take care
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxoox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 30, 2007 04:49AM

Hiya everyone ! Just a quickie check-in here - I found a new book that I had to have LOL - so I downloaded it - it's printing now - but I'm up past my bedtime !!!

Had a great day - got my cardio in - I'm enjoying my food immensely smiling smiley smiling smiley I get my first box of produce on June 7th - YYYIIIPPPPEEEEE can't wait smiling smiley smiling smiley

Haven't had a chance to look up CSA's in your new area, EA - to find the ones in SD I just googled CSA san diego - and those 2 came up - so you can try the same thing for the cities you are interested in smiling smiley smiling smiley

Looking at what is in the box - it won't be EVERYTHING I need for a week - in fact I am considering adding a second box now LOL - well - maybe next year - will see how the first year pans out smiling smiley . But it will definitely help with the current grocery bill !!!

Don't have time to list my foods today - but they were pretty similar to yesterday smiling smiley

My chest is so sore from yesterday's chest/biceps workout - YES !!!! It's a good sore smiling smiley smiling smiley Tomorrow is back/triceps.

Have a wunnerful raw day everyone !!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 30, 2007 05:02AM

LOL,LOL,LOL---now she wants TWO boxes, folks!!!!! That's funny. You probably could use two....or three! I've read that lots of people buy certain fruits by the case, like at Whole Foods, etc...I am thinking that is what I should do. I could probably use oranges by the crate. Whenever I shop for oranges I usually buy 3 large bags of them at a time, when I get down to one bag at home, LOL. Maybe the truckload...

I am out of oranges. Woe is me!

In fact, I am nearly out of juicy fruits and I feel the pinch! This is a good thing, as I am really craving juicy sweet fruits. I am so happy. smiling smiley

You are going to be truly one healthy fit lady! Carry on!

MUST get in bed...I need my detox sleep!
Elakti smiling smiley)))))))))))))))

Date: May 30, 2007 05:10AM

hey there dear!! yay you are doing soooo good i am so happy for you!! the box sounds yummy (the contents not the actual box haha i don't think it is raw vegan!!!) anyways hun..hmm 2 boxes hey whatever works for you!!! but that will helpwith the grocery bill...i eat weird things and try not to buy any crazy items so i could probably just eat from the box and be fine all week ahha...
well hun keep on keeping on!! you are doing great
take care
love always
sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 31, 2007 02:35AM

EA - LOLOL - nope, the box is definitely not raw vegan - actually it is probably vegan - but cooked LOLOLOL .

I'm gonna go with one box for now - just comparing what's in the pic to what I have on my meal plans - I could probably go through the box in about 3 days smiling smiley smiling smiley BUT - I'll just try it and see how it goes smiling smiley smiling smiley I bought 2 bunches of celery and about 4 or 5 tomatoes today - cost $8 - Yeah - $24 for a whole box is a bargain !!!!!!

Definitely go for the whole box of oranges, Elakti ! I didn't know you could buy fruit by the crate - Sounds awesome !!!

Did back and triceps at the gym today - feelin' good smiling smiley smiling smiley Food is good - all is GOOD !!!! Not much time to post tonight, though - I should be able to catch up with everyone's journals on Friday smiling smiley smiling smiley

Hugs to everyone !!! Happy raw day !!!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 31, 2007 06:06AM

hey there haha nope it is cooked i am sure hehe...well that is some deal how lucky..i bought some groceries today and spent about 30 dollars haha!! but well worth it and my fridge is overflowing lol...

hmm a whole box where elakti?? i looked today but couldn't find anything like it...but if you are into coconuts they have a box of 9 young coconuts at 99ranch market in clairemont for 5.99!! what a deal!!
anyways haha...

well have a wonderful day monark and take care!!!
love always
sach
xxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 01, 2007 01:58PM

Here's the results of my 31 - Day Challenge:

Weight Loss Challenge : 7 pounds lost
Cardio Challenge - not a runner - so not participating in the Cardio portion smiling smiley
Strength Challenge: 103,753 pounds lifted
Snacking Challenge Score : 25 (cheated 3 days out of 31) - joining the 7 week Raw Challenge really helped me here - I developed the resolve to quit eating the free samples at the store - I still indulge in samples - but only the raw fruits and veggies smiling smiley smiling smiley

Weighed in this morning and I'm down another 1.5 pounds - I'm at 133.5 today - yeahhhhh !!!!!!! It's my day off - housework to do - it's cloudy and humid today - I think it's gonna rain - but we need it so much ! May was really dry - our farmers need the rain badly !!!

I have a whole to-do list to get after - so I'm off to DO !!!! Have a great raw day everyone !!!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Current Page: 6 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables