Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: Monark's Raw Journey
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 01, 2007 06:08PM

yay there she is!!! CONGRATS and awesome work on your 31 day challenge..those are some amazing results..keep up the good work hun!!! you are doing so great..and another 1.5 pounds down you are almost at your second goal..that is fantastic!!!
well have a wonderful day off and glad you aren't dipping into the sample chips or what not smiling smiley
take care
love ya lots
sach
xxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Monark ()
Date: June 02, 2007 04:39PM

Hi everyone !!

Not much new news today smiling smiley We are starting a June challenge on my bodybuilding board - we haven't decided yet what paramaters we are going to keep track of - but I'm just keepin' on with what I did in May smiling smiley smiling smiley Hey, it worked !!!

I've started adding 1 oz of wheatgrass juice to my other juices and it's helping to clear out more STUFF smiling smiley smiling smiley I've got the supplies to grow my own - just gotta get it set up - adding it to the every growing "to do" list smiling smiley smiling smiley

Have a great raw day, everyone !!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: June 02, 2007 05:12PM

Hey there!!! yay another challenge i love those smiling smiley..you are doing so well..why not keep up what youdid in may it did amazing things for you!! so good for you hun...

yeah growing your own wheatgrass ia a great thing....i want to do that..i bought a flat at whole foods last night!!! it doesn't make that much..and i have like 4 things of seeds to make my own but just haven't yet smiling smiley
have a great day and take care
lots of love
sach
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 04, 2007 07:50PM

Hiya everyone !! Our new challenge has been dubbed Operation Liberty smiling smiley We are going from June 4 to July 4th for this one - ending on Independence Day smiling smiley smiling smiley

I'm gonna go for losing another 7 lbs - with gains in strength and endurance - and increasing my water intake.

I'll be getting my first box of veggies on Thursday - can't wait to see what's in it - I am so excited - this is almost like Christmas LOL LOL LOL smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Well - I am off today and have tons of stuff to do - got my workout in - Chest and Biceps today. I hope to have time to check in with everyone's journal later tonight -- need to find more hours in the day LOL LOL smiling smiley smiling smiley

Hugs and Happy Rawness to everyone !!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: June 05, 2007 12:51AM

hey hun..aww that is a cute name!! that sounds like a great plan..keep up the good work and have a wonderful day!! youhave great goals...
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: June 06, 2007 03:11AM

Hi Monark

Have fun with Operation Liberty.

I'm still not exercizing ... when the sun comes out here in San Diego I will be swimming, I know that much.

And Thurs. your box of goodies! Let us know! I am also awaiting a package...I ordered "I Live on Fruit" by Essie Honiball (been wanting to read this for awhile) and "80-10-10" by Doug Graham, since I am most in line with NH.

I had an interesting experience with blood poisoning from cutting myself with a rusty garden tool...you can read about it in my journal if you want, I won't go into it here. Bottomline, I am happy to say that my body took care of it without my interfering in any way.

Take care, enjoy everything,
Elakti

Date: June 06, 2007 06:48AM

hey hun..hope all is well in your life smiling smiley
take care
love sach
xxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 07, 2007 03:25PM

HIya Raw Foodies - only have a minute ! Here's what I am supposed to receive in today's box :

Lettuce
Bunched Spinach
Rainbow Swiss Chard
Red Radishes
Scallions
Cucumber
Rhubarb
Frozen Paste
Tomatoes
Sun Gold Tomato
Plant

Can't wait - they still haven't contacted me regarding WHERE I'm supposed to pick it up, though - I emailed them a couple days ago - they didn't get back to me - so I called and left a message this morning.

Busy today - gotta run !! Hugs to ya all !!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: June 08, 2007 04:13AM

I got my box !!!!!! Turns out they deliver them directly to the store where I work - when I walked in today - they were sitting right inside the front door - and I was all worried about not being able to find my box smiling smiley smiling smiley

When I copied the list above from the web site it should have read
Frozen Paste Tomatoes
Sun Gold Tomato Plant

I now have a tomato plant - which I will plant tomorrow - but they didn't have the frozen paste tomatoes ready yet - supposed to get those next week.

The head of leaf lettuce I got was HUGE - and 2 large bunches of spinach - I'm going through lots of that these days so really happy about that - the chard is huge, too !!

I also got a huge handful of fresh-picked basil - it smells SOOOO good !!!

I am really happy, now, that I decided to go with the full box smiling smiley smiling smiley Yeeee Hawwww!!!!!

Can't wait to start eatin' it smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley I also bought some kale seeds - gonna try and grow some of that in my indoor garden - hopefully I'll get that planted tomorrow smiling smiley smiling smiley

WOOOOOOO.....we're having a huge thunderstorm - better get off the puter !!! See ya all tomorrow !!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: June 08, 2007 05:08AM

hey there...my dad said they are having a huge storm in indiana too!! cuz you guys are close probably!!!
ooh your box sounds dreamy smiling smiley....that is awesome you get an actual tomato plant!!! awesome...what is this frozen paste tomatoes?? just a frozen type of tomato???
well sounds like you had a great day!!! keep up the good work
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 08, 2007 01:28PM

HIya EA - I don't know, yet, what the frozen tomato paste is - sure hope it's raw smiling smiley smiling smiley I'll find out next week LOL .

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: June 08, 2007 08:20PM

Just planted my tomato plant smiling smiley I got one of those topsy turvy tomato planters - it's a large tube with a hole in the bottom - the tomato plant comes out of the bottom - then you fill the tube with dirt, and water it from the top - then hang it up - I have it hanging out on my balcony in the sunshine - sure hope this works - the past 2 years we've had a real hard time with either fungus or blight with our tomato plants out in the garden - this hanging system is supposed to avoid all of that - not to mention weeding, cutworms, bugs, caging, staking, tying, and training smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: June 09, 2007 10:33AM

hey there..well good luck with your tomato plant..i have a deck tomato plant it is called and it has one lonely green tomato so far haha..i hope it grows a few or a lot of friends...don't want him (or my salads) to be lonely lol...
hope you had a great day!!
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 12, 2007 01:01AM

Hiya everyone !

Found out that the paste tomatoes are just frozen roma tomatoes - also got the story behind the tomato plant - it is a cherry yellow tomato that is supposed to be incredibly sweet - the tomatoes are very fragile and pop easily when they are ready to eat - the farm got really frustrated with trying to send these super yummy tomatoes to customers because they were so fragile - but finally decided to just send the whole plant to the customers so they could grow them themselves and eat the sweet juicy tender tomatoes fresh off the vine smiling smiley smiling smiley My plant had about 7 small tomatoes on it when I got it - don't know if those will become viable as my plant is in recovery mode after being transplanted right now. Sending it lots of Reiki for a good recovery smiling smiley smiling smiley

Flipped through my raw cookbook and found a recipe for pesto - think I'll use up the rest of my basil for that - I think it would be a really good zuchinigetti topping smiling smiley smiling smiley

Found a super yummy recipe for the rhubarb - chop it up, then mix it with raisins, coconut, basil, and honey (ok, I do raw bee products smiling smiley smiling smiley ) . Let it sit in the fridge for a day or two - it's a beautiful salad, or can be a topping for other dishes - I just scarf it outta the bowl smiling smiley smiling smiley . The original recipe called for rosemary, but I don't have any so I used some of my fresh basil. The combo of sweet/sour is awesome. When I was a kid my grandparents grew rhubarb behind their garage - a special treat was to go out, pick rhubarb, bring it in and eat it raw, but we dipped it in sugar to counter the sourness.

I'm having fun finding things to make with the new ingredients in my box smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: June 12, 2007 07:25AM

Hey there...well that is good news...that is awesome to have the plant yourself...then you can grow the yummy tomatoes!!!! and eat them off the vine smiling smiley.....the frozen ones do you get those each week?? or are they a one time thing like the plant????hmm..well i am glad you are enjoying your box and finding wonderful thigns to prepare and create!! have fun!!
!oh and rubarb i love it!! i can't find it around here..but my grandma always had it at her house too!!!
oh memories
have a great day!
love sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 13, 2007 08:54AM

Hey there..how is the challenge going for 4th of July?? i hope all is well..just wanted to stop in and tell you how wonderful you are..and to thank you for all the support you give me on this journey!! so wonderful...
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 14, 2007 03:10AM

Awwwww, EA, you are so darned sweet smiling smiley smiling smiley Hugs to ya !!!! How's the Reiki going ??? You are pretty wonderful yerself smiling smiley smiling smiley Luv ya !!!!

I think the frozen tomatoes are just for the one week smiling smiley I get to pick up my next box tomorrow - here's what's gonna be in it :

Lettuce (romaine)
Bunched Spinach
Rainbow Swiss Chard
Scallions
Garlic Scapes
Cucumber (2)
Strawberries (2)
Sugar Snap Peas

The strawberries are ready out at the farm! - as part of my share I am entitled to go out to the farm and pick up to 10 lbs of fresh strawberries !!! Not sure if I will be able to do this - but it would be fun !! I will try to get it in cuz I eat LOTS of strawberries, and they are about $4/pound at my store (hmmmm, even if I include the price of gas to drive out to the farm and back, it's still cheaper than buying the strawberries at my store !) - I can always freeze them smiling smiley. Will see if I can head out there on a Friday - my day off - I think that would work best. Hmmm....I'll have to clean out my freezer first LOL . Think I'll check the weather forecast - it's been really HOT this week - so that wouldn't be fun berry-picking weather - will see if we're gonna have cooler temps next week.

I did manage to eat everything in my box except for a bunch of scallions - and I'm getting another bunch ! I may just dehydrate them - I love to put dried onions in my salads. OH, and I'm not crazy about radishes - one of my neighbors loves them so I gave them to her smiling smiley. She just eats them like an apple, as a snack smiling smiley smiling smiley . I've got enough rhubarb left to make another batch of the rhubarb/raisin thing so looking forward to that smiling smiley I put a stick of the rhubarb in my veggie juice a couple days ago - WOOOOOO - nice kick LOL LOL .

Proud of myself - I finished the coursework and exams for my Master's degree this week - YAY !!! Now I just need to write my thesis smiling smiley smiling smiley .

The challenge is going well - I am up 1/2 pound, though !! I think it's cuz I'm putting on some muscle - I've been lifting hard the past few weeks - so there's gotta be some new muscle there smiling smiley smiling smiley

My tomato plant is still in recovery mode - I had to trim the root ball down to get it into the topsy turvy planter thingy - but I planted it really deep - so it will take some time for it to establish new roots.

Don't have any other news - have a wonderfully raw day everone !!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: June 14, 2007 03:41AM

Hey there hun..awww thank you!!! you are soo sweet....well the reiki is going great..i haven't really found any one will let me practice so i am trying it on myself and on my turtles...it is pretty good....i am not the best and i still can't feel it yet but i am sure that will come with time smiling smiley

ooh hmm so you get different veggies each week?? that is cool...ooh sugar snap peas!! i LOVE them...how much of each item do you get?? like 2 small packages of strawberries and a bunch of each veggie??

that sounds awesome...radishes are good shredded in salads for crunch..or in like corn salad..or as a very thin noodle...

well keep up the good work ..and keep on with the weights..that is awesome 1/2 pound of muscle i am SURE of it!!! you are doing awesome hun
keep it up
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 14, 2007 03:31PM

HIya EA - yes we get different veggies each week - whatever is ready to harvest that week is what we get smiling smiley smiling smiley It's kinda like Christmas cuz you don't know until the day before what's coming LOL . I LOVE peas, too !!! Last week I got one bunch of each of the leafies - but got 2 bunches of spinach (HUGE bunches, I might add !!! ) That was cool cuz I eat LOTS of spinach, too !!

There is a pic included in our weekly newsletter showing what's gonna be in that week's box - looks like a HUGE amount of peas. The pic shows 3 pints of strawberries - but the list of what we are getting says 2 pints, so I don't know - will see when I pick it up this afternoon. Also last week, they included extra basil that wasn't originally listed - so maybe a surprise each week LOL .

Hugs to everyone !!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: June 15, 2007 05:45AM

OMG - I LOVE MY JOB !!! smiling smiley smiling smiley . I think I mentioned that the boxes of veggies get dropped off at my store smiling smiley. Well, today, someone didn't come in to pick up their box - so I got to take that one home with me - AND - we had tons of strawberries leftover so I got to take more of them home with me too !! Here's what I ended up with:

1 pound frozen roma tomatoes
2 pounds sugar snap peas (they are awesome ! I ate about 1/2 pound on my break !)
7 quarts (yes, that's a SEVEN) of strawberries
2 bunches of romaine
2 bunches of spinach
2 bunches of swiss chard
2 bunches of garlic scapes
4 cucumbers
2 bunches of scallions

They also brought out more tomato plants - I could have had at least 5 or 6 more - but I just don't want to deal with them right now smiling smiley One guy took 4 or 5 home - hopefully the rest will go home with other employees tomorrow smiling smiley smiling smiley

Gonna freeze strawberries tomorrow smiling smiley smiling smiley I go through SO many of them - and they are SO GOOD - I am so very grateful that I am exactly where I am smiling smiley smiling smiley .

I'm gonna be eatin' good this week LOL LOL !!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: June 15, 2007 08:22AM

Hey there...well that is awesome!!! i really need to find a place near my house that has things like this..i am really exciting for you!!!!
enjoy your tons of good fruits and veggies!!!
take care
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 16, 2007 02:02PM

Hiya raw foodies smiling smiley smiling smiley Yesterday was kind of a lazy day for me - got some chores done in the morning - then napped in the afternoon - was too groggy and it was too HOT when I got up to do much of anything else - took the day off from the gym cuz I was just too tired . I got all my strawberries frozen - they are SO GOOD !!!!

Found a couple of new groups to join so I spent a bit of time reading messages from those sites.

Heading to the gym this morning for shoulders and abs. My weight was down again today - down to 132.5 - so I lost the 1/2 pound I gained, plus another 1/2 pound smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: June 16, 2007 07:00PM

Hi Monark---tomorrow I will have some lengthy time on computer and will be catching up. What other sites do you like? Your box (es) sound goooood.
Hasta manana.
smiling smiley
Elakti

Date: June 17, 2007 09:05AM

Hey Monark..yay for a lazy day..sometimes they feel great!! that is great....glad to hear things are going well for you and you are losing the weight again!!
keep up the good work
take care hun
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 17, 2007 02:06PM

Actually, EA - my last 3 days off have been lazy like that - usually a sign that I need to take a break and let my body rest from working out. I'll be taking a week off from lifting and head back into the gym on leg day (either Wed or Thurs - can't remember off the top of my head smiling smiley ) . When I get to the point where I'm tired all the time - need to rest smiling smiley smiling smiley

Hugs to ya all !! Have a great Father's Day smiling smiley smiling smiley

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: June 17, 2007 04:43PM

Monark---everything sounds so good in your life. Your food sounds real good, all those strawberries and tomatoes and such! Sounds like that is really working out well....you're working out well, work is working out well, everything! And a nice retreat into relaxation. You are smart to not overpush yourself and give yourself a nice little period to regenerate. Whatever you do afterwards will just be that much more strong and enjoyable.

Keep up the good energy and good rawfood life!
Elakti

I've been fasting and after reading your food lists, I am feeling ready to eat again! smiling smiley

Date: June 17, 2007 07:18PM

hey dearie..well that is good....a rest time is a great thing.......i need to do that soon...i have a feeling this week will be some rest cuz training all the new nurses for the camp so i will be SUPER busy this week...oh well i am excited about it!!!
well hun have agreat sunday!
take care
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 18, 2007 02:49AM

Hiya Elakti smiling smiley Yes - things are definitely looking up for me - thanks for the reminder of how good I have it - I'm tired and cranky today - so haven't been seeing all the good I have around me smiling smiley smiling smiley Hugs to ya !!

Was too tired to fix me a good salad when I got home today - so I just put it all in the juicer - now I'm drinking it LOL smiling smiley smiling smiley

Gonna just head to bed early today - I have tomorrow off - hopefully I'll be able to get caught up on everyone's journals tomorrow smiling smiley .

Heya EA - I found this link for CSA's in Indiana - don't know if any of them are near where you will be - but check 'em out smiling smiley smiling smiley

[greenpeople.org]

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: June 18, 2007 08:14AM

Hey you are an angel....you are doing so well!! yay for a day off..that is exciting....hmm thanks for the site hun..i will check it out and see if it is something that will help me!!
take care and have a great day off!
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 18, 2007 05:31PM

Hellllooooo Monark, HellOOOOOOOO! smiling smiley

Hope you got a good long deep wonderful sleep and you enjoy your day off!
Play with the purr-kids!

Elakti smiling smiley))))))))))))))))))))))) (feel quite wonderful today)

Current Page: 7 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables