Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8
Re: Monark's Raw Journey
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 19, 2007 08:57AM

hey there hun..stopping by to say hello that i love ya and hope all is going well with yoU!!!! take care my dear and have a wonderful day!!
lots of love
sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Monark ()
Date: June 19, 2007 02:18PM

Hiya !!!

I did have a nice relaxing day off smiling smiley . Got caught up on some housework chores, then rented and watched Conversation with God, and 7 Spiritual Laws of Success. I also received in the mail an awesome meditation CD that I ordered last week - so I listened to that as well. Also did some high-quality kitty snuggling smiling smiley We had thunderstorms all afternoon and evening so it was perfect napping weather smiling smiley Snoozed on and off - but I am not as tired today as I have been for the last week or so - checked my workout log and I will be heading back to the gym on Friday smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Glad you are feeling so wonderful Elakti !!!!

I still didn't get caught up on journals - *sigh* . Hope to this week as I will have that hour free when I usually go to the gym smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Time for breakfast smiling smiley smiling smiley Have a great raw day everyone !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: June 20, 2007 10:18AM

hey there hun.glad you are having a few days off that are awesome..that way you are ready to get back into once work starts again!!!
well take care
love ya lots sach
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 22, 2007 08:16PM

I am continually amazed at the blessings in my life smiling smiley smiling smiley . EA and Elakti - you are 2 of them !!! Thanks so much for being here smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Got another glorious box of food again yesterday - and there were 2 boxes left over that noone picked up - so I again got an extra box - and 3 of us split up the 3rd box - I have so much food !!!!! And I am so very grateful !!! This week's box had the usual lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, green onions, garlic scapes, strawberries, peas, and this week the new items were broccoli, and parsley.

My tomato plant has come back and a couple of the original little tomatoes that were on it when I got it are starting to ripen smiling smiley smiling smiley . YEA !!!

I'm back in the gym today - did a lower body workout - I was able to increase my weights on everything, and felt like I could do more !!! The week off did me a world of good !!!

I am losing the weight slower now - but I am still losing bunches of inches. I bought new shorts at the beginning of May - and was amazed at that time that I could fit into a size 10. Those size 10's are now hanging on me!!! I can't even remember the last time I could fit into a size 8 smiling smiley smiling smiley . I am starting to really like what I see in the mirror smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Life is so awesome smiling smiley smiling smiley . Happy rawness everyone !!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: June 22, 2007 10:36PM

Wow, that sounds great, Monark! Getting littler with a big healthy life!
smiling smiley
Elakti

Date: June 23, 2007 06:48AM

Hey hunny!!! well that is awesome...congrats on the getting into the gym...and taking care of yourself...that is great about the extra boxes..lucky lucky you....you seem to be doing so well..keep up the awesomeness..
love you girl..you are a blessing in my life as well!!!
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 25, 2007 01:57AM

Hiya everyone smiling smiley smiling smiley . I'm a bit tired today - had to work all day - then we had a company meeting, at least it was a fun meeting, but I didn't really wanna be there that long smiling smiley Oh, well - at least these meetings are only twice a year smiling smiley smiling smiley . They've changed our dress code so now I need to go buy 5 new shirts - gonna hit Goodwill and Walmart tomorrow and see if I can find some really inexpensive ones smiling smiley smiling smiley

We ended the meeting with a rousing game of rock/paper/scissors smiling smiley I didn't win, but the store champ got a certificate for $50 at our cafe and each of her team members got a $10 certificate. I wasn't on the winning team, either - but one of our team members did make it to the finals smiling smiley .

They also said they want to take us on some kind of outing this summer - last year they all went to a Brewer's game - they may do that this year - or they are taking suggestions for other things we may want to do smiling smiley .

I've been eating TONS of wonderful raw food the past 2 days smiling smiley smiling smiley I have SO much good stuff I just want to eat it all - feels like I ate non-stop yesterday smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Just ate a HUGE piece of watermelon - Gonna head off to bed soon - LOVE YA ALL !!!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: June 25, 2007 04:26AM

Hey hun...well sounds like you are doing wonderful and keeping up with everything!! good for yOU!! you are doing so great!! awesome job hun..enjoy all those yummy foods from your boxes...
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 29, 2007 05:01AM

Hiya raw foodies smiling smiley smiling smiley

Life continues to be wonderful smiling smiley Got a new box of goodies today - actually I got another FREE box - so 2 boxes again this week - we have spinach, romaine, garlic scapes, broccoli, strawberries, snap peas, walla walla onion, kolrabi (sp?), parsley, cucumbers, and kale. I am so very blessed smiling smiley smiling smiley . We are heading into the final week of Operation Liberty. I had wanted to lose 7 pounds - so far have only lost 4 - for a couple days there my weight went UP by 4 pounds - but then it came back down again - not sure what that was all about - but hopefully I can at least lose another 2 by July 4. smiling smiley .

I'm gonna be getting the holiday and the next day off of work - YEA !! 2 days off in a row - Wed and Thursday. Not sure if I'll do anything exciting - will see when the time comes smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Enjoy rawness !!! It rocks !!!!!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: June 29, 2007 06:23PM

Hey there..what a sweet deal...you get a free box every week that is awesome....haha it will be sad if that person starts to come and pick them up haha.....if i paid for it iw ould be there getting it>...but some people lol...
sounds like OL is going well and you are sticking with it..how is the group going as a whole???? i am sure you are all working super hard!!!
keep up the good work and enjoy your weekend..i know it is the time you love to work cuz you are alone smiling smiley and get to do it your way haha
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: July 02, 2007 03:01PM

Hiya raw foodsters smiling smiley smiling smiley

Things are going well here - my weight is down to 130 - happy about that - I'm looking forward to breaking the 130 barrier and hitting 129 smiling smiley smiling smiley . The last few days I've been getting TONS of free fruit from work - I brought home 24 quarts of strawberries and a WHOLE banana box packed full of bananas, I also brought home 6 or 7 mangoes, onions, apples, pears, cucumber - wow - I shared all of this with my neighbors and am freezing or dehydrating all the rest smiling smiley smiling smiley One of my neighbors was so happy with all the food that he washed and waxed my car LOL !!!

I got all the strawberries and bananas frozen last night - today I will be dehydrating some apples, and maybe the mangoes (haven't decided if I want to dry the mangoes or freeze them).

I LOVE MY JOB !!!!

Happy Raw Day, Everyone !!!

Date: July 02, 2007 05:54PM

Just wanted to quickly post what my meals have kind of worked out to be since going on the raw bodybuilding plan:

First thing in the morning - huge glass of water (usually 3 cups)
Breakfast: fruit salad: sliced banana, chopped apple, sliced strawberries, chopped walnuts
I work out an hour after eating this.

If I am doing a weight workout, I have a post-workout drink made up of primarily spinach, parsely, carrots, sprouts, orange, and celery. I also throw in any extra veggies I have on hand if I have lots of them and think I may not be able to use them up by the end of the week, such as cucumber, kale, etc.

The next two or three meals are the same - First I have a piece of fruit - whatever I have on hand. I make a huge salad using the contents of my weekly box, and divide it into 2 or 3 servings - the salad is made up of 2 or 3 kinds of lettuce/spinach/kale, 1 tomato, sprouts, sunflower seeds, raw oats, dulse, small amount of olive oil, powdered onion, powdered garlic. These are the basics. Then I throw in whatever else is in my weekly box - this week it's cucumber, kolrhabi, broccoli, and snap peas.

If my salad is only big enough for 2 servings, then I have banana ice cream with pineapple, walnuts, and strawberries for dessert. If my salad turns into 3 servings, then I have a piece of fruit and the salad for my last meal of the day. My weight drops faster if I have the salad for my last meal smiling smiley .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2007 05:57PM by Monark.

Date: July 03, 2007 04:34PM

hey there hun...well i need to be your neighbor...the grocery bill is expensive lately with all my fruit and veggies from whole foods...but oh well it is well worth it...it is for my momma and i...well keep up the awesomeness and YAY for 130...that is awesome to hear!!!
take care
love ya
sach
xoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: July 06, 2007 03:42PM

Hiya !! Operation Liberty ended pretty well - I lost 5.5 lbs for the month - ending up at 129.5 pounds. My new goal is 125 lbs. I think that will be my perfect weight. I'll stop losing weight there and start to focus on more muscle building (which means I get to eat more - OMG how am I going to eat MORE !!! LOL ) .

I am so excited - life just keeps bringing more and more blessings every day smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: July 06, 2007 04:42PM

Wonderful to hear all of that, Monark. I'm happy for you! You are doing so well, keep on doing so.
More fruit! Another banana smoothie maybe.

Am still raw also...trying the 8-1-1 way of eating still....finding it not so easy, so must be easy on myself. 10% fat is too challenging right now for me, and I have the idea that many people took quite a long time to achieve comfort and naturalness with such a low fat consumption. It really is low! Some days I do very well....and other days, well, too many olives with fatty dressing. My avocado intake is much lower. And the fruit is much higher. And I notice that if the fruit intake is insufficient, I get cravings for bread and cheese!

Keep doing so well! Enjoy it all!
Elakti

Date: July 13, 2007 04:13AM

Hiya everyone !! Whew - been awhile since I checked in - I've been a bit preoccupied lately !! I got an email from my ex, who I haven't heard from in about 10 years - that has turned my life on end (a good end, though smiling smiley smiling smiley )

Got a new box of goodies today - new potatoes, parsely, currants, carrots, onion, cauliflower, broccoli, yellow beans, cucumber, romaine lettuce, and tomatoes!! YUM!!! Haven't weighed in for awhile - so don't know where I am with that - most likely around the 128 or 129 mark smiling smiley smiling smiley

The workouts are going very well - I am sore today !! YEA !!!!

My yellow cherry tomato plant that I got with my first goody box is doing very well - it doesn't seem to mind growing upside down hanging from my balcony LOL !!

Hope everyone is doing well !!! Happy rawness !!!

Date: August 19, 2007 06:37PM

Hi there raw foodies smiling smiley I've taken a hiatus from the message board for awhile - my raw journey continues to go well, though. I've been raw since April and have lost over 20 pounds. My weight has settled at around 130 lbs and I feel like I am ready to move on to the next level of raw health.

I've been listening in to a few of the interviews over on rawsummit and purchased Raw Spirit by Matt Monarch and 80/10/10 by Dr. Doug Graham. Neither has arrived yet - but I am looking forward to receiving them so I can fine-tune my eating for optimal health smiling smiley smiling smiley .

The journey continues.....

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: August 20, 2007 04:50PM

Have you listened to any of the podcasts on rawveganradio.com? They always help to keep me inspired. Glad you are doing well!

Date: August 24, 2007 04:11AM

Hi Karennd ! Thanks for stopping by ! I haven't listened to any of the rawveganradio podcasts! I'll check them out smiling smiley .

Things are going well here - I've drifted away from eating my salads every day so I want to get back into doing that. I need to do more of that and more green juices, too.

I've mainly been making dips and just having raw veggies and dips for most of my meals. I found a recipe for Raw Nachos somewhere and made up the raw 'refried beans' (basically just a sunflower seed dip - very tasty!), raw salsa, raw guacamole, and raw flax/corn tortillas. Way too yummy !!!!!

I also tried a raw pie a while back - coconut crust and date/black olive/carob filling (sounds really gross but tastes awesome !)

It's nice to be able to enjoy these wonderful treats guilt-free and not gain an ounce LOL .

Anyway, I am going to work on reducing my food intake, cuz I do think I am overeating.

I read Raw Spirit and enjoyed it - it was more about dealing with/adjusting to the raw lifestyle rather than info about the actual diet.

Hopefully the 80/10/10 book will arrive soon.

I am still getting tons of free food from work - getting my wonderful boxes of veggies each week - and since it is vacation time - there are about 4 boxes of extra food left over every week - so I have WAY more than enough good healthy stuff to keep me going smiling smiley I'm working on talking the boss into carrying some raw crackers in the store smiling smiley smiling smiley I'm taste-testing some of them this week - freebies we got from the manufacturer - so hopefully he'll start to carry them in the store after my recommendation smiling smiley smiling smiley

Life is good smiling smiley smiling smiley

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: August 24, 2007 03:20PM

You are making me so-o-o hungry! Those raw nachos sound yummy. Like you said, the raw pie doesn't sound too good but I bet it was yummy too.

I enjoyed the Raw Spirit book too. It provides another piece to the raw food diet puzzle. I also highly recommend Victoria Boutenko's books. I've been reading her books and watching her since she started on this journey and she is interesting because when her family and herself encounter problems (cravings, warts, etc.), she goes back to the drawing board and does more research and figures out what changes to make - like the green smoothies.

Date: August 27, 2007 02:48AM

Hey love...how are you?? i miss getting lovely posts from you daily smiling smiley...i see that you are still doing wonderful and continuing all great things..and those beautiful goodie boxes are still rolling in smiling smiley are you still getting extra ones??
well keep up the awesome work...take care
love ya lots
earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: August 29, 2007 12:21AM

Hi there beautiful angel smiling smiley Nice to see you back here smiling smiley

Yes, I am still getting extra boxes - I am inundated with food LOL !!! Life is good smiling smiley

I got 80/10/10 today and I have to say it makes more sense to me than any other plan I have read in the past 25 years. I haven't finished reading it yet - but I will probably tonight or tomorrow. Definitely read it EA - there's a good section in there on diabetes.

Hugs to ya all !!!!

Date: October 23, 2007 05:40PM

I am back after a somewhat lengthy absence - have been posting on a few other diaries, so I thought I would post on my own LOL !!!

I am not sure what happened - I was doing really well on 100% raw for about 5 months - then started eating cooked foods again - just a few here and there - then AHHHHHH I was eating them every day !!! What happened???? I don't know - still working on that.

Part of it, is that I've been really short on cash, I was hungry, and the store I work in, a health food store - always has all these lucsious samples sitting out for customers to taste - it was too easy to just reach out and grab something as I walk by them hundreds of times each day !! Hmmmm....still don't know why, though, I was able to easily resist them for 5 months......hmmmmmmm....I was hungry .....

I happily lost about 25 pounds - but now I am noticing that about 7 of those have come back.

My birthday was yesterday - Happy Birthday, ME !! LOL so I've decided to give myself the gift of health and return to 100% raw once again smiling smiley smiling smiley

I'm back on the the raw wagon, gang !! Forward, ho !!!!! smiling smiley smiling smiley

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 23, 2007 09:43PM

Hey monark .. welcome back ! smiling smiley and happy birthday indeed !! welcome back on the fruit cart tongue sticking out smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: October 25, 2007 09:47AM

Happy belated birthday to you....happy belated birthday to you....happy belated birthday dearest monark (my beautiful butterfly) happy belated birthday to yoU!!!!!!!!!!! hi there...looks like we were both absent from the site for the same time!!!!! sorry you are having a rough patch.. i am too..with different situations but hey we can help eachother and get through it!!!
take care and know i am thinking of you and sending good thoughts!!!
best wishes..love and miss ya
xoxoxoxoxo
earthangel

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: October 27, 2007 06:46PM

Hey Jodi !!!! Thanks for the birthday wishes ! Fruit cart LOLOLOL !!! Yer so funny !! smiling smiley smiling smiley

Earth ANGEL - welcome back, honey ! So good to see you smiling smiley Thanks for the birthday song smiling smiley I am getting younger every year smiling smiley smiling smiley

Read your post about finding work and a place to live - I see you've already made the very wise observation that all is working out for the best for you - so hang in there sweetie - all the turmoil has a reason smiling smiley smiling smiley

I'm happily back to 100% raw - hmmmm..... for 4 days now...going through the detox thing again - ugggghhhhh - mostly just headachy for the past couple of days - not as bad as the first time I went through detox, where I had things coming out of every available orafice LOL.

I managed to resist the urge to buy and eat a bag of cookies yesterday smiling smiley Although if cookies had been out as samples in the store I may have caved in. Thank God they weren't smiling smiley smiling smiley

I'm still getting wonderful boxes of fresh produce every week through my CSA program - but next week is the last week for that sad smiley . I've planted my own indoor garden, though, I have spinach, parsely, and a couple different kinds of lettuce coming up to get me through the winter.

I've also started juicing all the excess produce I get from CSA (community supported agriculture) and freezing the juice in ice cube trays. Then I pop the cubes out and put them in freezer bags. So I'll have fresh-frozen greens to add to my smoothies every day all winter long if I run out of fresh greens.

I'm going to Chicago next weekend and plan to take bananas, a blender container, my hand blender, a large drinking cup, and some frozen green cubes so I can make smoothies every day in my hotel room. The room has a refrigerator, and I'm guessing it will have a small ice cube tray compartment, where I can put my frozen cubessmiling smiley I'm thinking of making a few gorilla sandwiches to take with me - easy to pull out of the fridge and eat. So that will most likely be my food for the weekend smiling smiley Gorilla sandwiches and green/banana smoothies smiling smiley

Happy rawness everyone !!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: October 30, 2007 05:48AM

***sigh*** Fell off the fruit cart yesterday - I overslept and so did not prepare foods to take to work - then the cafe/deli where I work just pulled a tray full of cherry tarts off the shelf that were outdated and set them out for the employees to eat. I am a sucker for anything with cherries in it sad smiley . I am fine if I take my own foods with me - the oversleeping - not having good food with me thing tripped me up again.

Back on track today - got the urge to get some cookies - but I got some Larabars instead smiling smiley smiling smiley

I am back down by 2.5 pounds so the weight is coming off again. Whew - I am so glad that I know how to get it to come off now, after many many many ....etc.....many many years of trying smiling smiley smiling smiley

the journey continues..... smiling smiley smiling smiley

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Pages: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables