Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 2 of 9
Re: Back to the Basics- The Start of My Raw Food Life
Posted by: Inaia ()
Date: April 20, 2007 04:47PM

Hi there. Just wanted to say hello. Your description of yourself sounds a lot like me. smiling smiley Except I have 2 rescue kitties- not 3. How's your journey going?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 20, 2007 06:19PM

Hi hun how are you today?????? just checking in....
i will talk to you later!! enjoy your day
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxxoxo

Posted by: meow ()
Date: April 21, 2007 03:41AM

thanks so much for the support! i really needed it last night, i was feeling horrible for eating that pb&j sandwich. it's weird, but as soon as i had some raw food, i felt much better. i was able to eat an orange and some baby carrots after i ate the broccoli and cauliflower, and i didn't feel as lethargic or nauseous anymore.

rawrnr- the coldness is awful! but i just tell myself it is worth it- better to be cold and raw than feeling like crap and cooked! lol. i live in los angeles so it's not weather-related at all...but it is a bone-deep cold feeling. i hate it, but it's the only bad thing about going raw so far.

earthangel, thank you for your support, you are wonderful! you really make me feel better about how i'm doing. it's a day-to-day thing when you start out, isn't it? every day can be a challenge. but i feel like i've realized that raw is better in every way, and it won't be as hard from now on. who knows though!

inaia, thanks for stopping by! awww, 2 rescue kitties- aren't they the best? my oldest is curled up on my lap right now. i adopted her when she was almost 2 years old and she is so appreciative. the other 2 were adopted as kittens, so they don't know what they were missing! i can't imagine my life without them- they inspire me to be a better person and to be more aware of animal rights issues and the suffering so many animals go through. my raw journey is going great so far! i feel like i've found what's right for me, which is awesome. some people go through their whole lives on a SAD, never questioning it, and never knowing how great they could feel on a healthier diet! how is your raw journey going? i have to check out your journal to find out!

today was lovely. i have no desire whatsoever to eat cooked foods today. it was more than easy to stick to raw foods, with the exception of salad dressing and about 1.5 T of hummus- still gotta get a food processor to make my own raw hummus! i woke up craving fresh fruit. my boss shared her perfectly ripe, sweet strawberries with me. i felt like i was putting great things into my body all day long. this is how life should be! my food for today was/will be:

-a banana, an apple, and half a chocolate coconut lara bar for breakfast- yeah, i wanted to stick to all fruit, but i was hungry!
-anothe banana and an apple for a snack
-a salad with romaine lettuce, red peppers, carrots, raw sunflower seeds, and balsamic vinaigrette dressing for lunch, followed by a couple strawberries- yummm
-an apple pie lara bar and some raw almonds and cashews with dried cranberries for a snack
-carrots with hummus before my run
-ran 3 miles
-a glass of red wine! i heard this is raw- is it true?
-will have a big salad w/ romaine lettuce, red and yellow peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, sprouted chickpeas, and light sundried tomato dressing for dinner
-will have an orange later tonight

yaysmiling smiley

Date: April 21, 2007 03:54AM

yay for you having a good day!!! keep up the good work!!! take care and have a great night...did it rain up ther??? it rained down here...but i went running anyway haha...
well hun take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Posted by: noff ()
Date: April 22, 2007 05:13AM

aw kittens! my kitty is a rescue as well. Whenever i feel isolated from humanity, animals are always there with a comforting wisdom and love that cheers me up everytime. I'm sure your fuzzies appreciate you with all their heart!
i don't know about the red wine..good question
those lara bars are fantastic though! I made my own with dried figs,walnuts, cocoa powder, goji berries Yum! If you have a food processor it's really fun and satisfying to fool around with bar recipies! happy raw'ing.smiling smiley

Date: April 22, 2007 07:35AM

red wine isn't really raw...but you can buy raw wine from the health food store i have been told....but since i used to love alcohol i stick away from all of it haha...but yeah funky rob i think knows about the raw alcohol if you are interested...in wine and such....and apple cider liquor too!! sounded kinda yummy too.....hmm well have a great night tonight hun.....
how was your day?? hope all was well..
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 22, 2007 06:30PM

hello again smiling smiley

earthangel- yeah it rained for most of friday here in LA. it makes me so depressed and cold! also i'm sad red wine isn't raw. but i only have one glass a week, 2 max (i get so trashed on one glass that i don't want to drink til the next week!) so i'll just keep it as is for now.

noff- mmm, those raw bars you make sound so good! what kind of dates do you like best? i bought some honey dates today, they're delicious but so rich that i can't eat more than 1 at a time...i wanted to try the medjool but they were much more expensive than the others.

yesterday ended up being really terrifying. one of my cats (the devilish middle child, lol) managed to get loose. actually, i don't think she even meant to- i'm not totally sure b/c i didn't see it happen, but i think she fell out of the window when the screen broke. the screen popped away from the window frame at the bottom, and i am assuming she was lying on the windowsill and fell out. my other cat who was also on the windowsill jumped down and started whining, so i knew something was wrong. i saw that the screen had come away from the window frame and i couldn't find noelle (the one who got out) so i went flying downstairs in a hysterical panic. i couldn't find her anywhere and i live in west hollywood, one building from sunset boulevard where she never would have survived a street crossing. there are 4-lane streets on 2 other sides of me. thankfully my street is residential. anyway i was freaking out. i actually called the police b/c i thought they could point me in the right direction of who to call. they were being so helpful- asking the age, name, physical description- when i told them she was a small calico, about 9 pounds, the woman was like, "what? this isn't a child?" of course i'd told her it was my cat right away but she didn't hear me. so...she hung up. by this time i'd attracted so much attention that i had 6 or 7 people all helping me look, and my non-boyfriend was on the way over to drive around the block to look for her. i was beside myself. she's not an outdoor cat at all and even if someone had found her and she survived, she's got the most amazing personality and is so sweet and beautiful that there's a good chance they would just keep her and i'd never even know what happened to her.

finally half an hour into the search, one of the guys who was helping me found her hiding in a bush the front yard of the neighboring apartment building. i was so happy, i just went hysterical. she was scared but she came right out and ran into my arms and started purring. she's safe now, and didn't get hurt in the fall or anything. what a smart girl to just wait nearby, and not try to run anywhere! we have this weird mental connection and i think she knew i'd find her if she just stayed close, plus she was probably paralyzed with fear. i feel SO lucky to have found her- i really thought i'd never see her again, and i couldn't live without her!

after that i had no appetite, so i didn't eat much the rest of the day- some baby carrots and some pineapple. i woke up this morning a little hungry and had breakfast. i also got my period this morning, which was unexpected b/c i had no pms symptoms at all, and i usually get moody, tired and bloated. well actually i was craving peanut butter all day yesterday...but i'm always craving pb so that's nothing new!

i went to the hollywood farmer's market this morning, bright and early! that place is like heaven to me! it's a million times better than the one we used to go to in boston. the people are friendly and helpful, they have signs to tell you if something is organic, pesticide and chemical free, etc, the produce is ripe and gorgeous and not bruised and wilting, and they have so many samples, you can make sure you really love what you're about to buy! i spent all of the $20 i'd brought- but this stuff will last all week and i'll only need to buy baby carrots, bananas and salad dressings. i got strawberries, dates, gigantic fuji apples, spinach, some kind of lettuce, maybe butter lettuce? don't know for sure, broccoli, tomatoes, and a wheatgrass shot! there was one stand with all sprouted beans, i sampled a bit but i had no money left at that point except for the wheatgrass. they had a raw fava bean hummus that was delicious, but for $5 i'll need to wait til my next paycheck or just get a food processor and make my own. it's good to know i can buy sprouted garbanzo/fava beans there, and they were SO nice i can get pointers from them.

the wheatgrass was pretty good! it had a sweet taste. i spilled some in my car and now have a green spot on the upholstery, oh well!

i feel great today. i love how my body is changing- i feel like i've lost body fat, but from all the right places, my stomach and thighs and arms- not from my butt or boobs at all! strange! i want to stay to 90-100% raw for the whole week and really see how i feel. i don't even want dead, cooked food right now, so i'm hoping it'll be easy, plus now i've got loads of fresh fruit and veggies to eat all week. all i'll eat that isn't raw is hummus and salad dressings.

today's food is/will be:

-banana when i got up, lara bar just before leaving
-sampled some things at the farmer's market- giant strawberry, chunk of an apple, sliver of an avocado, 1.5 dates, a tsp or so of raw fava bean hummus, and a spoonful of raw salad made of those mujong or muhong beans or something like that, dried cranberries, walnuts, and some raw dressing on it- was good but too pricey for me right now! i loved how great everything was, so fresh and ripe!
-had an apple when i got home
-planning on a big salad w/ romaine & butter lettuce, spinach, red and yellow peppers, half a tomato, avocado, carrots, sprouted chickpeas, raw sunflower seeds, and balsamic vinaigrette dressing
-carrots w/ hummus, maybe another banana
-i have this raw lasagna for dinner that i got at whole foods...don't feel like eating anything heavy but today is the sell-by date and i want to eat it while it's fresh
-orange for a snack after dinner, and maybe some strawberries or a date

i haven't felt the need to count calories or work out a ton anymore. my body seems to tell me what it needs and how much exercise it wants. i'm not running as much as i used to but it isn't making a difference, and i feel more at peace w/ myself listening to my body instead of making myself run anyway. i'll run when i feel like it!

do i store dates in the fridge? i've never bought them before.

Posted by: noff ()
Date: April 22, 2007 06:47PM

oooOOOooo yeah I had the best wheatgrass shot ever from a guy sells bean sprouts at the snata monica farmers market...I think I told you that before..anyway it's most likely the sameperson. Sweet and mold free! hehe I'm so glad to hear your lil kitty is okay. It's raining here too, i think most of california is drenched right now...but hey, if you don't love rain(like me, hah) then just think about how summer is next!

Date: April 22, 2007 11:41PM

hey hun..well thank goodness you found your kitty that is sooo scary...last summer my babies (two turtles) were outside in their swimming pond on top of the gril...while i ran some errands they were playing....well when i came back the older one was missing...i panicked i called the camp i work with and told them i would be late and was bawling i was sooo scared and upset..i searched the whole patio in our apartment building.....and he was just tiny then like a half dollar...so i was scared what if he didn't make it when he fell off the grill..and someone took him and burried him for me or got rid of him..then i thought what if someone stole him..or he could of easily managed to escape right out under the fence and gate cuz he is so small or gotten stepped on...after a long time searching i found him in the dirt right next to my door...like he knew where he was going and went to wait by my door smiling smiley...i was so relieved cuz the grill is on the other side...but he had made it to our door lol...so happy that he did too...so i know how you feel to lose someone special and be scared!!!

well good for you going to the farmers market and have a great day and feeling better...yeah my body has been telling me to kick down the exercise butmy mind hasn't caught up yet...
hmm well take care and have a great day
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxooxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: thinkingraw ()
Date: April 22, 2007 11:49PM

i'm so glad you found your cat! that would be so scary...thinking you had lost her and being afraid she had ran into one of the many 4-lane highways. ah! scary.

you sound like you're doing a phenomenal job! how long have you been raw? i'm a total newbie, but my favorite thing so far is just not needing to care about what i eat. if I'm hungry, I eat until I'm full...and when I'm full, i don't feel guilty that i just ate! it's such a great feeling to not feel like you have to go running just to burn the calories of whatever you just ate.

i hope the rest of your day has been great. can't wait to hear from you!

Date: April 22, 2007 11:54PM

hey meow..maybe one day this summer when you are free we could hang out and go to the beach or something..i love going up to la once in a while for a visit...so that would be cool or if you want to come down to san diego you can...it s a little calmer and peaceful sometims her haha...
let me know
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Monark ()
Date: April 23, 2007 02:20AM

Aww.....it's scary when one of our 'kids' goes missing, eh? So glad everyone had a happy ending, kitties, turtles, and everyone else smiling smiley. I have 2 kitties, too - would just die if anything happened to them !!!

I haven't felt the need to count calories, either - when I get hungry, I eat smiling smiley Feels so good smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Glad you are feeling so much better and your body is responding so well to the raw plan !!! I don't find it a struggle at all - I am really enjoying every bit of the raw lifestyle smiling smiley . I used to spend lots of time meal-planning and making a grocery list to make sure I had everything I needed to make my meals - then spend tons more time cooking when I got home to have meals prepared ahead of time for my upcoming week smiling smiley. Now I don't have to do any of that anymore !!! I go to the produce department and buy what looks good smiling smiley smiling smiley . Don't have to cook any of it - just do some basic food prep like making a dip or spread and I'm done - no pots and pans to wash - I love it !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: April 23, 2007 04:26AM

yay for not having to cook i second that ....today when i was preparing my lasagna i was like yay i don't have to cook it just throw things together!!! that is exciting....
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: April 23, 2007 09:26PM

Try eating generous amounts of raw almond butter on apple slices instead of the p&b sandwhich. Lots of protein there, you can even add some raisins on top! Sprinkle some shredded coconut on top.

I know the feeling of being cold and I don't like it either..that's one reason I moved from Oregon to SoCal.

Love,
Prism

Date: April 24, 2007 03:44AM

wow, lots of replies!

thanks to everyone who said happy things about my kitten! she is fine now. i really don't know what i would have done if i lost her. last night while i was trying to sleep i kept imagining all the horrible ways i could have found her, run over by a car and whatnot, and it was getting so graphic i almost threw up. i need to stop thinking like that! i had a very bad experience with my first baby (cat) that i adopted, he died at 8 mos. old during a routine knee surgery and no one can explain why. it took me a good year and a half to bounce back from that, i was severely depressed and unable to connect with the world. i feel back to my old self now, but if something happened to noelle or my other cats, i don't know how i would be able to go through that again!

prism, almond butter is WAAAAYYY too expensive for me at this time! i've been eyeing it at the store. how can it be so pricey? maybe they put flecks of gold in there or something?!? lol.

and i agree w/ all you girls who said raw is so much better b/c you don't have to cook! i love it, there's less of a mess to clean up and it takes little to no time to make your food!

earthangel, i would love to go to the beach with you this summer! that would be so fun! i've never met another raw foodie in real life, hehe.

thinkingraw, i've only been raw for a little over a week now, but i did have 2 slip-ups where i ate cooked foods- a pb&j sandwich and some veggie chili- so i don't think that really counts! on my good days i'm about 90-95% raw b/c i still eat hummus and salad dressing.

today went really well. i was craving raw foods all day and had so much good stuff! i woke up w/ 2 pimples though. they are detox pimples for sure. very small but very red and painful! they're turning into whiteheads now. ouch. they're just like the ones i got when i did a liver cleanse. i hate it but i know it means my body is releasing those toxins, so it's all good. my skin otherwise looks really rosy and soft smiling smiley

and i LOVE the way my body is looking! my thighs barely touch anymore- how did that happen? i've been exercising less and eating whenever i want! this is awesome!

here's my menu today:

-lara bar & banana
-another banana and apple
-salad w/ spinach, butter lettuce, red and yellow peppers, carrots, raw sunflower seeds, about 1.5 T light sundried tomato dressing (gotta make my own- i bet it'd be easy!), plus 5 delicious strawberries
-raw almonds and cashews w/ dried cranberries
-baby carrots w/ hummus
-messed up and had a spoonful of peanut butter, but it wasn't even that good and i didn't want any more smiling smiley
-decided to do some pilates- about 35 minutes- felt good and peaceful, but still a nice workout
-made a spinach salad w/ a chopped tomato and about 1/3 of a cucumber, and 1 T balsamic dressing diluted w/ water. this was nice and light, and the spinach hit the spot! also had an orange
-if i get hungry later i'll have an apple or some dates

i feel really good about this!

Date: April 24, 2007 04:29AM

hey there...yay i am excited a real live raw food buddy in real life haha...that is exciting!!! i am sooo excited we have a few new names on here that are around my age!!! i had a couple of gals i was talking to for a few months and due to some circumstances for one which is fine she is gone...and now i lost the other one...so lately i have been feeling lost like the raw lifestyle is too hard for some and once i get close and feel comfortable with someone they leave haha...oh well i am glad we have some newbies that are SOOO AWESOME like you and noff...and thinkingraw...you are all so wonderful!! and working so hard at this...that is great....

well lets see oh i know what you mean about the kitty i have dreams like that and i am like WHAT is wrong with me haha...oh well.....it is our motherly instict haha....

yay for thighs not touching and yay for detox symptoms...i never thought i would love a runny nose or feeling ill haha...but now it means i am getting healthier and live for the moment lol.....hey btw what kind of liver cleanse did you do?? i am doint the healthforce nutrionals liver defense III and hope it works...but i am the worst about getting pills down me haha...i remember like once a day but the other times forget...i think it is excellent though...so i was wondering what you did...

hey did you get your food processor yet?? 20 bucks at target or walmart haha..i have a 10 dollar gift card to target i would like to send you so you can use it and only pay 10...i would really like you to get one and feel like you have more options....i think that is important...just need your addy!! did you get your blender yet??? do you have citrus juicer thing?? i have this cool little one for lemons limes and small oranges it is by kitchenware and you put the half on there and squeeze the handles to get the juice..it is brand new but i bought two different kinds so i would like to give it to you if you need one....hmm anything i can do to help out a raw friend

well i looked on like 10 websites for the sundried tomato dressing and no luck so far...but i will search every book i have tonight and i am sure will come up with a receipe
but if i had to guess i would say
sundried tomatoes soaked for 30 min.
some extra virgin olive oil
a little basil and thyme
some celtic sea salt or himalyan
and like 1/2 cup of lemon juice or lime or combined
and a clove or two of garlic...
hmm that sounds pretty good haha...i bet it would turn out great in a blender..then store it and ahve it to use when needed smiling smiley
maybe throw a little avo inther or fresh tomoato???

well now that i have posted a book haha i will end it...hope all is well you did awesome again today !!!
keep it up
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 25, 2007 03:44AM

earthangel, you are too sweet! you don't have to send me your target gift card- that is yours to use! i will be able to get a food processor some day...this month will be really tight w/ money b/c something unexpected came up and i'm already out $200, plus i owe my dad some money and i have to pay off part of a credit card bill. how is it possible to have a good job and be so broke? lol. but i am hoping i'll have some money to buy a food processor. that sundried tomato dressing recipe sounds soooo delicious!

i'm trying to think of the liver cleanse i did...i used to work at the vitamin shoppe so i did all sorts of things like that! it was my favorite job so far! the full cleanse i did was from garden of life...i love that company! but the liver cleanse...i believe it was renew life. yes, that sounds right. i still have the tablets b/c i stopped when i started to break out! that is so bad but i guess i was being really vain. now i don't really care, i know i have to get that phase over with! maybe i'll start taking them again.

there seem to be a lot of raw foodies in this area. we could do a meet up or something!

today was pretty good. i ate:

-1/3 of chocolate coconut lara bar
-banana and 5 strawberries
-apple pie lara bar
-giant apple
-banana and a few sips of fresh-squeezed OJ
-raw cashews & almonds and w/ raisins
-carrots w/ hummus and (again) a spoonful of peanut butter!!! why? i have no idea. my goal for tomorrow is no pb! i didn't even enjoy it but i ate it anyway- can you say ADDICT??
-ran 3 miles, legs started feeling really weird and floaty and i got worried that i was going to faint but i didn't...really strange
-salad w/ spinach, butter lettuce, red and yellow peppers, bit of a tomato and bit of cucumber, carrots, a small handful raw sunflower seeds, light sundried tomato dressing
-will have an apple later

so the weird running thing kind of scared me, i didn't know if i was going to make it home! i wasn't even that hungry. i'm not sure what that was about. my legs felt like i couldn't control them, like they were made of jell-o or something.

other than that, it was a great day! i am needing less food and i don't have much of an appetite for anything too heavy. even the lara bars seem a little overly processed, but they do keep my stomach full for longer than just fruit would.

i'm thinking of doing a water fast this weekend. if it goes well i could extend it into the week, but it may be tough to do while i'm working. my bosses will be in cannes later this month for 2 weeks so i could always do a longer fast then if i want to. i think i'll aim for a 2-day water fast this sat & sun and just see how i feel.

Date: April 25, 2007 07:26AM

hey girl...well the offer is still there if you want it haha always want to help and i don't shop there...obviously..i took a gift i had bought there back and paid over 60 dollars and only got a 30 dollar credit and it took me about 2 hours to find some things that i could get for the 30 dollars...it was crazy crazy....hmm oh well...
but anyway don't worry aboutthe pb haha it will all be okay....good luck on your goal tomorrow you can do it......hmm weird about your legs hun...doesn't sound good maybe your body was saying enough enough enough ahah...you never know .....

well hey if you go on the fast this weekend for sure let me know ...i will do it with you.....that always helps me through a fast knowing someone else is doing it too!!! just let me know so i can stock up on some water this week smiling smiley
take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Rian1213 ()
Date: April 25, 2007 11:48AM

HI Meow! I think you should read F. Patenaud's book on raw secrets, It has helped me a lot in getting to know what's what. I think he has a very realistic and gentle approach as well as being firm on his convictions. Ask me for detail if you want it (its an e-book)

Well, guys I am Spanish but live inEngland, so not very close to you all. BUt i have started ion the same path. I also seem to be cold and shivering like all the time, but I am wrapping up more and seem to be getting used to it.

About the fruit thing: I am now eating fruit virtually all the time. When I get very hungry I just have a super massive salad maybe with some greens and I must admit I feel a lot less hungry than before I went raw. Also I did a 5 days fast and although i\ was tough I lost the fear about being hungry. Now I realise most of it is in our mind. Before, when I was hungry I kind of panicd now Iam just fine about it, ok, so what.

See if that helps

Date: April 25, 2007 06:15PM

hey hun just stopping by to say hello!! hope all is well and you are having a wonderful day at work!!!! take care of yourself and i will talk with youl ater smiling smiley.....
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: thinkingraw ()
Date: April 26, 2007 12:29AM

oh wow, first of all - earthangel, you are amazing. and i was really excited that i got mentioned as being a nice newbie smiling smiley

but meow, first of all, angel was right, don't worry about the pb. it's funny how you can just eat something without meaning to/wanting to and then afterwards you're just like, dangit! or atleast i am. that's how i was after eating frozen yogurt. oh well. step by step.

everybody talks about these lara bars...i need to try them.

anyway, you sound like you're doing a marvelous job...sorry about the running incident. i hope it doesn't happen again! anywho, i hope you had a great day today...and i hope tomorrow will go well. best of luck!!!!!

can't wait to hear from you!

Date: April 26, 2007 02:54AM

another lovely raw day!

earthangel- i am going to try to do the fast tomorrow & friday i think- i'm going to have a super-busy weekend, including going to the beach & drinking wine, and probably seeing my non-boyfriend (um...let's not get into that right now!) so it may be better to fast during the work week? but if you'd like to join please do! i may not make it though...i guess we'll see!

Rian1213, i would LOVE that e-book, that's so nice of you to offer! i've been dying to read some books on raw food lifestyles, i just don't have the money right now. i will PM you!

thinkingraw- you definitely should try lara bars! they are so good, and they tend to keep me full for longer than fruit alone would.

anyway...today was admin's day (you know, for secretaries, assistants, etc) and my bosses got me a beautiful flower arrangement w/ tulips, which are my favorite, and a gift certificate for a mani/pedi in beverly hills! i am so excited, i haven't gotten my nails done in YEARS and this place is supposed to be really swanky winking smiley they are too sweet- i've only been there 2 months!

i'm really proud of myself b/c i just said "no way!" to a cooked foods binge. i actually got out the peanut butter and rice cakes and opened it, and then said, why am i doing this? i realized the food wouldn't even taste good. so i put it away. i am supposed to eat broccoli for dinner but i'm not even hungry- just feeling snacky. my broccoli will go bad if i fast for 2 days though. not sure what to do. i would like to try the fast anyway though...especially since i'll be in a bikini in 2 days, lol.

i have to admit i did have a spoonful of pb again today! why do i keep doing this? i think i may need to throw the jar away.

food for the day:
organic vegan food bar, banana
banana, 12 oz fresh squeezed OJ
salad w/ spinach, butter lettuce, red and yellow peppers, carrots, raw sunflower seeds; apple; chocolate coconut lara bar (was so hungry today!)
another banana
carrots w/ hummus
glass of wine
spoonful of peanut butter

and that's where i am now...wanting more food but not actually hungry.

earthangel, i really do want to try the fast. maybe i'll do 2 bananas during the day, and some broccoli at night, so my produce doesn't go bad. how does that sound?

Date: April 26, 2007 03:18AM

well i thought about it just now, and i think it will be more feasible to do all fruits and veggies for a couple days rather than water fasting. i have a lot of produce that would go bad, and this way i won't feel dizzy or anything at work! i am going to do at least 3 days of all fruits/veggies- maybe more if i'm feeling good. so, starting now, no nuts or bars, just fresh produce. i'm excited! i see lots of bananas in my future...hehe

oh and no hummus either! i will allow a little salad dressing diluted with water though. no more than 2 T/60 calories worth per day.

ok...gotta clean the apartment now sad smiley

Date: April 26, 2007 03:36AM

hey lady...well lets see i am going on a fast tomorrow cuz i had some cooked today....which is SOOOO unlike me...but i had a lot of cooked vegan burgers..i didn't have anything but the vegan burgers...but i had a quite a few of them....but anyways i will write about it in my journal don't want to take up yours haha....
good luck on your cleanse that will be good for you to just do fruits and veggies no seeds or nuts!!! good job...that will be nice...i will be doing a water fast....to help me get some extra bloating out of my body and this horrid cooked vegan burgers...

well have a good night hun talk to you soon!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Rian1213 ()
Date: April 26, 2007 07:39PM

Hi Meow, check your e-mail and let me knwo if you find something there.

ABout the fasting. I think you should definitely wait until you have a holiday to do a proper one.if you are still working, maybe the fruit and green leaves sound better. I think the eat when you are hngry is a good way to cleanse. However, our bodies dont always crave for good stuff and you may think you are feeling hungry when in fact you are just detoxing.

Love and Good luck,

Rian

Date: April 26, 2007 08:17PM

Hey how are you doing today?? i hope all is well with you!! take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 27, 2007 03:48AM

Hey ladies!

earthangel, i hope your fast went well! i'll check out your journal.

Rian, i haven't gotten an email yet- i swear something is wrong w/ my email, half the time people say they send stuff and i never get itsad smiley i may have you give you another email address if it didn't go through. but thanks so much for trying!

my day went really well. i wasn't too hungry and i had lots of energy. i ended up having a little hummus with my carrots before i went for a walk, but other than that and some salad dressing it was all fruits & veggies and i really liked it. i think my body reacts well to this way of eating and i'm excited to see how i feel after a few days like this.

here's what i ate:
-2 bananas in the morning
-another banana, then a couple hours later, an apple
-fruit salad w/ pineapple, a few strawberries, honeydew melon, cantaloupe & mango for lunch
-another apple and some carrots w/ hummus later on...oh and a handful of raisins as well
-walked for 55 minutes in the hills
-spinach & butterleaf lettuce salad w/ red and yellow peppers, carrots, a tomato, and balsamic vinaigrette dressing diluted w/ water for dinner
-i may have some more raisins or a couple dates later if i'm hungry. i'm pretty full right now though.

well i'm wiped! thank god it's friday tomorrow.

Date: April 27, 2007 05:00AM

heyt here hun...well i didn't end up doing the water fast...my body was hungry this morning and so i fed it....i will do the water fast this weekend if i feel like doing it...i like to listen to my body...and this moring it was saying not yet you aren't doing another water fast!!!....
well you had an awesome day!! keep it up!! you are doing great...hmm that walk sounds nice....love it!!!
well keep up the good work
take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 28, 2007 02:59AM

earthangel, i'm glad you listened to your body! i am finding out more and more that that's what raw is all about- respecting your body and having that mind-body connection that our culture seems to completely lack. i listened to my body today, and it told me it needed a bit more than fruits and vegetables! man was i hungry today! but i still did really well. here's what i had:

-banana
-lara bar
-banana
-apple, handful of raw cashews & walnuts with handful of raisins
-a little bit of fruit salad- mangoes, pineapple, a strawberry, some cantaloupe and honeydew melon, and another banana
-another apple
-carrots w/ hummus, spoonful of peanut butter (i'm not even going to say it- this has got to go, but oh well, what's done is done!)
-ran 3 miles w/ lots of sprinting, 15 mins. abs pilates
-dinner will be a head of broccoli dipped in sundried tomato dressing...sounds weird but i have a feeling it'll be yummy
-snack will be an orange, if needed...or more mango slices, yummmmm

i felt like i was eating ALL DAY LONG but after writing that out, i see that, yeah, i snacked often, but calorie wise it's not too much at all.

i am SOOOOOO EXCITED for the beach tomorrow! i still have a lot of insecurities about my body, especially being in LA where everyone is in great shape (well, not everyone...but almost everyone!) but i am getting better. i feel healthier and more confident than i did while i was "cooked." my friend says we're having a photo shoot and going for drinks. should be fun smiling smiley

oh and my run was great! i had so much energy, i just felt like throwing in a bunch of sprint intervals. i did 2 blocks sprinting, 1 block normal pace for almost the whole run. it was fun and i felt great. i knew i'd get back into running if i just listened to my body and did what it wanted.

i am not even worried about eating a cooked meal out tomorrow. i feel so great, my skin looks great, and i'm losing body fat effortlessly- why would i even be tempted?

i do have to stop eating those little spoonfuls of pb though, and i desperately need to make my own raw hummus and salad dressings. i think i can make it to 100% raw in the next week or so, once i get my paycheck and buy a food processor! i'm really looking forward to seeing how my body reacts. it's been a wonderful journey so far!

Date: April 28, 2007 03:52AM

hey there..yay you for doing so well today!!!! awesomeness..keep it up......great job witht he run that is fantastic as well...i went on my nightly job too...and found myself walking 2 miles before i started running cuz i was on the phone with my mom haha...so i got ina lot longer run/walk tonight........

yay for going raw soon that is exciting....always a good thing..you are going to love the raw hummus and raw dressings...i made some yummy wraps for dinner..i should make some hummus to go on them....hmm maybe tomorrow smiling smiley

take care and have tons of fun tomorrow with your friend for dinner and drinks!! should be lots of fun...and the beach is going to be awesome...yeah i know though cali is full of such tiny bodies i feel like the whale at the beach :0) oh well i am working on it

take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Current Page: 2 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables