Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 4 of 9
Re: Back to the Basics- The Start of My Raw Food Life
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 04, 2007 05:59AM

hey hun...awesome day!!! keep up the good work!! you are doing so well congrats on having clearer healthy skin!! i am sure you are looking awesome ...so happy for yoU!!! hey just wanted to let you know the way you can forget about those bars haha the organic raw food ones..they are NOT raw..they use some raw ingredients...but some cooked things...they just don't cook the final product haha...the tricksters these companies are doing lately to let think they are eating raw...i saw them today the chocolately chocolate chip and fiber chocolate bar...they both had some no no ingredients in them for sure and they aren't all raw haha it is a trick...and so that is one way to forget about them hah they aren't as good for you!! stick with the lara bars or think organic raw bars...these two bars are all raw...and also kookie karma raw cookies!!! haha hope that helps a little get past the desire for them :O)
take care...you are doing great!!
love sach
oxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 04, 2007 06:37PM

Hey hun...i just received an email about this event in LA thought you might be interested if you had the time or fewbucks haha...it sounds great though!!!
how was your day?? i hope all was well..take care and enjoy your evening!!!
love sach
xoxoxoxoxo

This Friday, May 4Th at Taste of the Goddess in Los Angeles. Chef Brian "BeLive" Lucas is doing an exotic gourmet Thai cuisine. Thai coconut soup, Thai nut pasta, Thai Coconut cream pudding and Thai tea. Guaranteed to give you an organic orgasm of the mind, body, soul and especially the taste buds. It will be from 7:00pm-9:30pm. It will cost $30 a head at door, $25 RSVP.

Live music from Lucy Langlas.. myspace.com/lucylanglas

Location for chef appearance: Taste of the Goddess Café Co-owned by
Forest Whitaker. Lawrence Zarian's, "The Fashion Guy" from the KTLA
morning Show, one of his favorite places to Dine!

7373 Beverly Blvd., (Nestled inside of Prive hair salon & Ona Spa)
Los Angeles, CA 90036. (323)933-1400
www.tasteofthegoddess.com

Chef Brian "BeLive" Lucas (310)460-9253
belivelight.com
myspace.com/brianlucas

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: meow ()
Date: May 05, 2007 04:13AM

hey sachelle! whew, i am glad there is someone who knows her stuff and can tell me if i'm really eating all raw or not!

how about the other kind of organic food bars- for instance i bought 2 of the protein variety organic food bars today b/c whole foods was out of choc. coconut lara bars sad smiley so...they say they are 90% raw and this is what is in them:

(all organic ingredients) almond butter, brown rice protein, dates, agave nectar, bio sprouts (flax, demeter raisins, sesame seeds)

looks all raw to me except the brown rice protein- right? so it's safe to think that it really is 90% raw?

although i really don't like that the company LIED on the packaging of their product so even though i love love love these bars (the protein ones are the absolute best!) i will probably not buy them much even if this variety really is what it claims to be.

so today was good- got my car registered, got my license plates, and passed my license test on the first try! so i guess now i'm officially a CA resident, woohoo! i was SO HUNGRY all day but didn't bring much w/ me...ended up eating a lot of bananas since i'm out of mostly everything. here's what i had:

-organic food bar (protein variety) and banana- wanted to have something that would keep me full while i waited at the DMV for forever!
-banana
-apple and banana for lunch while driving to work
-a few raisins, but they didn't thrill me, so i didn't eat many even though i was so hungry...then had an apple and another banana about an hour later
-carrots w/ raw hummus
-gigantic salad that may very well have been the best thing i ever ate in my life, including ben & jerry's half-baked/bovinity divinity ice cream cake with brownie crust...which means it was really good! got half the ingredients at the whole food salad bar and put the rest in when i got home...spinach, baby greens, romaine lettuce, carrots, red peppers, cukes, corn, zucchini shreds (which caused a minor freak out when i opened up the box b/c i thought i accidentally put cheese on!), red onion, "health mix" (bunch of chopped veggies), some cauliflower (mmmm), half a wonderfully ripe avocado, and i made a new salad dressing that was SOOOO GOOD!

the salad dressing was 1/4 c. raw apple cider vinegar, about 2 T olive oil, 4 soaked sundried tomatoes, a clove of garlic, and a little sprinkling of celtic sea salt, thyme, and basil. mixed with the avocado, it was absolutely wonderful. it actually may have been able to pass for creamy, artery-clogging restaurant dressing, it was so good. the avocado was key here! i highly reccommend it.

um, wow, i just spent 2 paragraphs rambling about a salad. that is something only a raw foodie would do! hehe. i LOVE salad, it is my favorite meal for sure. and whole foods salad bar salad is the best salad ever.

omg i am SO FULL now! that's probably it for me for the night, i don't think my stomach could fit any more food!

the people at work are saying i'm getting too skinny, but i don't think i am. my body will figure out what my natural raw weight is. i'm not working out much anyway, but it doesn't seem to be negatively affecting anything. i'm enjoying more peaceful workouts like walking, hiking and pilates. it's nice.

my goal for tomorrow is to eat fruit-and-veggie based, no bars! i reeeeaaalllly want a chocolate coconut lara bar but my whole foods doesn't have any and i refuse to go into beverly hills just for that- i need a break from the hummers and fake boobs! lol.

Date: May 05, 2007 06:24AM

Hey girl...well haha the guy at my store called the company to check it out..and they said it is made with raw ingredients which is why it says raw..and it is not HEATED or cooked to form the bar which is also a reason...so by law it only has to be a certain amount raw so they can get away with it...but it is horrible..there is another company that does that too it says raw chocolate something something bar....but really it is just eh raw cacao haha...so you have to be careful..i learned that so many times and ways...like agave isn't really raw unless it is the blue agave..cuz the others are heated at high temps to extract it....and you probably already know about cashews and now almonds...both claim raw..but unless from like a nut farm that guarantee's or nature's first law they arent either....it is why i am soo scared to consume anything that doesn't grow on a plant haha.....smiling smiley. but hey it is better then eating a snickers right??? and it is close and good for you stilL!!! so don't sweat it haha..but lara bars when callled all ingredients are raw and the process is raw standards to make the bar!! so you are safe just don't have the jocalate type ones though haha you know it is jacalate or something of that nature by lara bar...but they aren't raw...
hmm well i am glad i could help....i know i was upset when i found out but glad to be more knowledgable about it you know?? these companies are ridiculous and that is what people are fighting for better labeling and the TRUTH..you know/?
hmm well good job today you are doing great!! welcome to cali smiling smiley
love sach
xoxoxoxoxox
oh hey btw went to the lecture tonight of brian's in san diego from hippocrates and he was FABULOUs..it is free and he will be in la this week on tuesday..i will find out details for you if you want to know and maybe go..it is at a raw restaurant...def worth going...great knowledgable guy...looks like he is 30 and i think he is late 50's or 60's...smiling smiley
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 05, 2007 08:26PM

EA i forgot to thank you for posting about the raw foods event! i am very interested in the one on tuesday, sounds like something i'd learn a lot from.

eek i have to get going to meet my friend, but i just ate a whole mango! i didn't know how to cut it up or anything but i managed. it was very very good. will update later smiling smiley

Date: May 05, 2007 11:10PM

hey girl....oh don't worry it was known haha....don't stress....well have fun with your friend!!! that is fun a day out with a friend...stress and worry free yay you!!!....hmm yeah i didn't know what to do with the mango the first time either...sometimes i peel it and eat it like an apple if they are organic i eat the peel sometimes haha....oh i peel them and just cut them until the seed is left and eat it haha....it is a tough thing if you don't know at first lol...glad you managed....wel take care hun and i am waiting to hear the info on tuesday for you!!! i will let you know asap!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 06, 2007 02:20AM

sachelle, i never actually got to the seed- it was really hard in the middle and my knife wouldn't cut through, i was wondering where the seed was! i'm so happy i have another for tomorrow. whole foods has cases of them on "sale" (which means overpriced but not so much that my jaw actually drops to the floor...) so maybe i'll get a case. i could easily eat 2 or more every day, they are soooo good.

i was thinking today on my looong walk home from the grove that i dont' feel at all restricted eating raw. in fact, it almost feels less restrictive than my old cooked vegan diet did. i am eating so many different kinds of fruits and veggies, trying new recipes, eating things i've never had before, and i LOVE how flavorful fresh produce is. every one has a distinct and wonderful taste, so much better than processed, packaged, chemically altered SAD foods. i feel like i can find food that excites me anywhere i go- from a fruit salad for lunch at the grocery store to a colorful & delicious salad with a squeeze of lemon and olive oil at a restaurant. it just tastes better and makes my body so much happier than cooked food ever could. i seriously think this is the best decision i have ever made for my health and my future.

i kind of want to call the organic food bar company and find out just how raw those protein bars are. i am mad if they are less raw than they say. but if the ingredients are raw and the bars aren't cooked or processed...doesn't that mean they are raw? i mean, except for the 10% of ingredients that they say aren't raw, of course. i know it is safer to stick with produce though, which is what i'm trying to do. those bars are great though when i'm really really hungry and don't have time or $$ to eat 2 pounds worth of fruit! lol.

anyway today was:

-2 bananas
-5 raw almonds (makes me sad that they might start pasteurizing them...i love these and they're so healthy)
-chocolate coconut lara bar- ended up having to go into BH anyway so i went to the whole foods there- and a mango
-apple and banana
-handful of raw cashews, carrots w/ raw hummus
-making zucchini spaghetti w/ raw tomato sauce for dinner! i'm excited. i find i'm not following recipes, just throwing things into the food processor, and it seems to turn out good. we'll see!
-apple and orange for "dessert"/snack

i also walked for about an hour and 20 mins. to and from the grove/farmer's market to meet my friends- trying to save gas money, plus it was nice out! and i should do some abs pilates later, may not though...

oooh how i wish i had some strawberries...and some pineapple..can't wait for the farmer's market tomorrow morning!

Date: May 06, 2007 07:51AM

hey there hun.....well what a great day you had!!! yay you!!! hmm the seed is HUGE haha it is almost as long as the mango itself and it is wide...but very thin...it is big though lol looks like the mango but very thin haha..that is what you hit in the middle lol.....hmm you will notice tomorrow if you are able to cut al ittle more probably!! dont you love them?? i am sad because i heard they were good for the pancreas...but i can't eat fruits now cuz of my diabetes...well he doesn't believe in much fruit at all...but NONE at all for health challenges...so i dont know..but he has great testomonies come out of his place...and that follow his program....

hey yeah call the company and talk with them...or send an email to the company......we didn't see where on the bar it says that it is only 90% raw...and the company says it is about 80%.....some ingredients are raw..and some aren't..so i don't know...it would frustrate me too...but you are still eating something really good for you body and still mostly raw...and you feel great and happy and healthy even when you eat them...listen to your body and if it isnt' rejecting them then you are fine....same with the agave...if you ever use it lol...i wanted to get it then heard all that craziness so i just stick away.....

i heard that the almonds have already went into effect...that trader joes in new york is currently remarking all there raw almonds truthfully...but other companies aren't changing it...so that is tough...hmm but nature's first law sells TRULY raw almonds...and they are the only company trusted in the raw food world for raw cashews..cuz the ones at the store are actually cooked....unless you find a nut farm around you too..living nuts is another good one.....so that should help you so you can get the raw almonds!!!
good luck hun
and take care you are doing so great!! i am soo glad you are having such a wonderful expereience on your raw journey and feeling so good about your decision and the way you feel!!!! keep it up hun!
love sach
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 06, 2007 08:24PM

wow, that is really sad about the almonds. i swear the FDA wants people to be addicted to food, unhealthy, and sick. i mean i know pasteurizing food kills bacteria and all, but i'd rather have healthy, living enzymes and take a small chance that there might be bacteria. my god i hate this country! but i will be ordering from nature's law if and when i get more raw almonds and cashews. i may just not order them again, but i do really love them. i'm trying to eat less fat though so we'll see.

oooh so i bought a blender today!!! i know i should have waited for the one my friend wants to give me, but she is really tough to deal with and i just don't feel like seeing her right now (or ever, lol). i hate to be so mean or whatever, but i feel like it takes too much energy to spend the day w/ her and i just don't have it in me right now! so i got one at target for $19.99 and it is GREAT! i am currently sipping on my first home-made smoothie- banana, strawberry and OJ yumminess! the blender is much easier to clean and deal with than the food processor, too. i see smoothies becoming my favorite meal! yaaaay.

also went to the farmer's market and stocked up on produce for the week smiling smiley i have more fruit for the week than most people eat in half a year! i love fruit so much, i think i'm leaning towards fruitarianism but i know i want to include veggies as well.

are avocadoes fruits or veggies? not that it really matters to me, but they're kind of like tomatoes, one person says they're a fruit, the next says they're a veggie!

food today:

-banana, organic food bar (protein variety)
-double shot of wheatgrass juice <3
-apple
-smoothie made w/ 1 c. fresh squeezed, unpasteurized OJ, 1.5 bananas, 1.5 c. strawberries, 3 ice cubes- BETTER THAN JAMBA!!! i love this! it made a ton, too
-will probably have carrots w/ raw hummus later
-the rest of my zucchini pasta w/ raw sauce from last night- got too full and could only eat half of it- and a small spinach salad w/ red peppers, half an avocado, carrots, cukes...maybe other veggies, we'll see
-fruit salad- mango, pineapple, strawberries

yum.

exercise will be either an hour long walk or 3 mile run and half an hour of pilates.

Date: May 06, 2007 08:33PM

hey darlin..yay you for getting a blender!! good job..you went out there and got i haha...good for you...i know those friends that are tough to deal with..i have a friend who has been calling me CONSTANTLY she callsa bout 8 times a day..never leaves a message but just calls and calls..and i am usually so busy i can't alk and i feel bad..but wow 8 times...i woke early this mornign to her calling me..i was like hello it's early..then like a half hour later RING RING..i am getting aggravated..makes me want to not hangout with her at all you know??
hmm anyways sorry for ranting in your journal!!
good luck with everything ..yay for the farmers market..that is awesome...congrats...i didn't go to mine although i had intentions haha..i didn't want to go cuz i buy mostly fruit there an di have to do no fruit lol..so i skipped it and will buy my veggies at henry's they have good selection of organics...
well take care and have a wonderful day!!
love sach
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 06, 2007 09:49PM

callsa bout 8 times a day..never leaves a message but just calls and calls..

lol i used to work for an accountant and at tax time he used to say ok ..everyones starting to go mental now lol .. people would call up to 20 times a day never leaving a message

come on ! i mean ..yer OBVIOUSLY near a phone .. leave a bloody message and WE will get back to you

haha i feel for ya EA and Meow hehe

avocados.. fruit smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: May 06, 2007 10:29PM

haha thanks hun..it is sooooo frustrating..haha and as i read this they are calling again...i just don't feellike answering why can't you leave a message?? you are calling i know it is you...leave a message......and i will call you back....oh what a frustrating thing lol..hmm thanks for understanding lol

oh yeah i forgot to answer that lol avo's are fruits haha so are tomatos and cucumbers and something else but now i went blank haha...but i still get to have the cucumbers and tomatos i think lol smiling smiley
love earthangel
xoxoxoxxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 06, 2007 10:36PM

i think peppers smiling smiley

David Z mason has a cool website [www.rawfoodfarm.com]

click on his link master list fruits and veggies i think its called

its like WOW !!!!

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2007 10:43PM by Jgunn.

Date: May 06, 2007 10:55PM

hmm peppers sounds about right hahah smiling smiley it amazed me that cucumbers too
i will check out his site i might be further surprised!! thanks hun!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 07, 2007 01:48AM

wow, i had no idea about peppers and cukes! to me, fruit is sweet, you know? although i guess you could say bell peppers are sweet, but not in the same way as, say, pineapple. anywaaaayyy..

yes my friend is like that too. she is always calling, texting or im'ing me and she's always like, "yeah, i have that blender for you- so we need to hang out!" like bribing me w/ the blender. she's very insecure so all she ever talks about is how great her boyfriend is, how they're going to get married and have lots of babies, and that really freaks me out! not to mention i'm SO not in that place in life so i really don't want to talk about it for 5 hours straight. i feel sort of bad but some people can't take a hint that you don't want to hang out!

well, time for me to make my salad! i walked for 1.5 hours and now i'm sooo hungry. EA, i have no idea how you work out so much and eat so little! i would not be able to function!

Date: May 07, 2007 01:52AM

hey yes some people don't get it haha.....oh well..next time you get a text it's like oh thank you but i have a blender..i went ahead and bought one..enjoy yours....smiling smiley

haha oh i do eat a lot for me..i feel like i eat a lot anyways.... smiling smiley..hmm a big salad that sounds yummy...think that may just be what i have for dinner too smiling smiley....well enjoy and have a great night...uhh tomorrow is monday blah haha...oh well it is going to be a great raw week right?? yes!!!

oh i know the traditional foods you think are veggies aren't i want to look at the website..i will when i get home later haha..(well i am home but i am leaving haah)
love earthangel
xoxxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: noff ()
Date: May 07, 2007 02:27AM

Hey
so what kind of yummyness did you get at farmers? yeah I have a friend like that too..and I don't want to be blunt sometimes about not wanting to hang out since she has very low self esteem but..well if you aren't happy to be wish her then you give anything positive back to the friendship. smiling smiley
yay you got a blender though! yay! That smoothie sounds amazing smiling smiley So where do you take walks? I found myself wandering around town since I didn't want to drive anywhere for a hike. haha. Maybe you have a nice park nearby, oooooo now here come my yearnings to get a dog, ah! haha

Date: May 07, 2007 03:02AM

haha a dog would be great!! i want one lol.....i want a chocolate lab they are soo sweet...we always had one growing up smiling smiley...hmm maybe i will get when when i move home WELL i know i will haha...
love earthangel
xoxoxoxxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 07, 2007 05:19AM

i miss my family dogs so much! i do the same thing when i'm out walking, i yearn for all the dogs i see! i always go to where i know lots of dogs will be- dog parks or just little parks w/ lots of grass- then walk by slloooowwwllly so i can look at how cute they all are! when i'm out w/ my friends, they stop to ooh and aaah at all the babies, and i stop to squeal over how cute the dogs are! it's funny. but to answer your question noff, i also just walk around town. i live in the foothills of the hollywood hills so i have lots of great hills and gorgeous views, so i never get bored. there's also a huge park near me when i feel like driving to go hiking- it's where the hollywood sign is, it's so much fun but sometimes i don't want to give up my good parking space to go! lol.

noff, i got so much great farmer's market stuff- mangoes, tomatoes, spinach, TONS of strawberries, a bag of all kinds of sprouted beans/lentils and veggies, wheatgrass juice, cucumbers, mangos, apples, romaine lettuce...my arms were about to fall off! then i went to trader joe's to get the stuff i couldn't find at the farmers market- red peppers (farmer's market had no organic ones), a whole pineapple, the usual bunches of bananas...i think that might be it!

sachelle, yes, it is going to be a WONDERFUL raw week!

i want to stick to mostly fruits, with some veggies and very few nuts this week. i was reading that really great article in the menstruation thread in the main forum, and it makes so much sense to me. i agree that we and all of our domesticated animals are in health crises b/c of the toxins, chemicals and unnatural non-foods we put into our bodies. i feel like i haven't really detoxed yet- i mean i think my body is working on it as i'm a little exhausted and have small headaches every now and then, but nothing major. but i want to be cleaned out and pure. i want my body to work like it would if i was just living in nature eating what i could pick. so yeah i'll still have an occasional lara bar for now since i just bought a couple, and i will have a handful of raw nuts if i really want them, but i will try really hard to just stick to fruits during the day and veggies for dinner. i feel so great eating fruits and there is nothing on the planet that tastes better to me anyway.

i made lots of fruit salad w/ that pineapple i bought, and some mangoes and strawberries. the pineapple is soooo amazing, so fresh and juicy! my whole apartment (all 350 square feet of it, lol) smells like pineapple now! i love it. the mango and strawberries are also divine. what is it that's supposed to be the food of gods? some kind of fruit, right? i don't remember what. but as i was eating some of the pineapple just now, i said out loud, "there is nothing in the world that could taste better than this." and i love that i said that about something as simple as pineapple, and not about chocolate or peanut butter junk food. my taste buds have changed so much! i actually don't crave peanut butter at all anymore- i have a feeling it'd taste really artificial to me.

so this week i will be 100% raw- i have one more of those organic food bars that i will eat at some point in the next few weeks, but not this week. i want my body to really start detoxing (haha, i don't know what i'm in for!) and i want to get all the benefits that raw has to offer!

Date: May 07, 2007 07:24AM

Hey there hun....good for you...keep up the awesome work!! you are doing so great..and feeding your body so healthy!!!! Yay you.....this is going to be one heck of a raw week....and 100% at that!!!!
don't stress about the detox..most people don't expereience that INTENSE detox till a few months into it..when they are really raw and have been at it for a while detoxing slowly then all of a sudden it is like purging itself of toxins..you will get there don't stress..just keep treating your body wonderfully!! and keep up the awesomeness you are doing!!!
have a wonderufl monday!!!
love sach
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 08, 2007 03:48AM

thanks for the encouragement, sachelle! it really means a lot to me.

i hope you still want to go to the beach this summer and hang out! it would be so great and we could bring our raw foods and be healthy and hot on the beach winking smiley hehe.

today was so good. work went well even though i was nervous about it. i'm a receptionist and a second assistant to a film industry "bigshot" and today his main assistant was on vacay. so i had to do everything, and this is the week before cannes so it was insane. i had so many meetings he wanted to set, plus meeting requests pouring in, invites to parties & events, not to mention a million things he needs to get done this week, plus all the meetings and teleconferences we had at the office today. i did not do a single non-work thing all day. i barely drank any water b/c i just didn't have time to refill my water bottle! i managed to literally scarf down some food while he was in a meeting...but of course i was interrupted a few times by phonecalls and all the other people in the office, who also use me and the main assistant as their own assistants! but you know what, i really enjoyed it, it was good to be busy. both the main boss and the "little boss" who i also assist thanked me for putting in extra effort and being so on the ball. i've been there for 2 months and maybe 2 weeks so it's not like i really know what i'm doing- there's lots of stuff only the main assistant has done b/c she's been too busy to show me everything. but it went really well. they're nice guys as far as hollywood goes. i just wanted to prove that i'm capable and willing to try even though i'm young and inexperienced. so i have tomorrow on my own as well, then the main assistant is back! i'm sure i'll be ready for her to get back, but right now i like being in charge! hehe. she basically runs the office so it's kind of fun in a power-trippy way!

i am very proud to say that today was 100% RAW!!! and i followed my plan of mainly fruit and lower-fat. here's what i ate, and i LOVED IT ALL!!!

-smoothie w/ 1/4 c. freshly squeezed OJ, 1.5 bananas, 1 c. strawberries - plus ate the other half of the banana, no need for it to go bad! this smoothie was even better than yesterday's, and i'm going to make the same one tomorrowsmiling smiley
-chocolate coconut lara bar
-banana
-fruit salad w/ pineapple, mango, strawberries (probably 2 c. total)
-apple
-carrots and one tomato w/ raw hummus; broccoli w/ a tiny bit of raw lemony sundried tomato dressing
-will have an apple and/or a mango later tonight

so that's pretty low fat, the lara bar has 13 g. and the hummus has...oh, maybe 10 at the most? it's lower fat than the first raw hummus i made..next time i need to pay attention to portion sizes though!

i have been staying up later b/c i just don't get tired most nights! i still don't feel like i have overwhelming amounts of energy to work out or anything, but all in good time i guess?

oh and no workout today b/c i stayed an hour and a half late at work. i was there for almost 12 hours- but i was so busy it felt like i just got there and i was leaving again!

Posted by: noff ()
Date: May 08, 2007 06:02AM

yay for your awesome rawesome day meow. Your job sounds really exciting, how'd you get into it? What's your hummus recipe? I'm expecting some tahini in the mail and can't wait to make hummus, my favorite cooked food ever. Well was my favorite eh. You'll be getting TONS of energy from sticking to raw, don't worry! It may be a few weeks or so, it'll come though! Have a good day love <3

Date: May 08, 2007 06:50AM

hey there hun...yay for a good day.....and of course i will want to go to the beach and hang out!!! keep up the awesome work youa re doing amazing!!! you had a great day!! congrats.....keep up the awesomeness...you are do so wondrufl...oh and by the way lol i just searched for like 35 minutes for this cuz i couldn't find out so i was determined to figure it out for you haha..here is the info on brian clement..he is actually in sherman oaks...it is worth it though if you can make it
May 8, 2007
Sherman Oaks, CA
Leaf Cuisine
14318 Ventura Blvd.
Sherman Oaks, CA
Lecture: Transisioning Lifestyles
7 - 9PM
and it said for more info Please contact Sarah at 310-390-3099
i hope you can make it cuz his lecture there is transitioning lifestyles...so he should be a wealth of knowledge!!!!
good luck and hope you make it to see him..i was going to come up for it..but we have a lecture on raw vegan athletes smiling smiley so i am going to go to that one!!!
take care!!!
love always sach
xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 09, 2007 05:16AM

sachelle, i'm really sad that i couldn't make it to the lecture sad smiley when you texted me i was still had work and had another hour or so to go b/c my boss remembered at 5:45 that there were 3 more people he needs to meet w/ in cannes next week...and i had to call them right away since it's very last-minute. he always does things like that, it's b/c he's so busy all day i guess. oh well sad smiley i would have JUST made it if i left on time, too! or maybe been a little late b/c of rush hour getting out through the canyon.

thank you so much for posting for me though- i'm sorry you had to search for so long!

noff, my job is pretty cool i guess. the thing is, everyone thinks being part of the whole hollywood thing is really glamourous, and it's totally not. it just ruins the illusion! it makes you really see that the "stars" are just people and the ones who have the real power in this town are middle aged men with egos the size of texas. i can't complain though, i do like it. i didn't expect to get into the film industry out here, i interviewed for a bunch of different positions and this one paid the most and was the closest to my apartment. plus i just clicked w/ my main boss, i love her to death! and i thought it'd be cool to work in beverly hills, as opposed to some random place downtown or in the valley...hehe.

oh and my raw hummus recipe- i altered one i found online b/c it had way too much fat so this is what i put in it:

2 zucchinis
1/3 c. raw tahini
1/6ish c. olive oil
4 garlic cloves
1/3 c. lemon juice
ummm i think that's it

still plenty of fat, but it's an improvement! that makes about 2 cups of raw hummus. it's really creamy and tastysmiling smiley

so no time to post about today, but i stuck to 100% again! a little more fat than i should have i guess...but i decided to give 80-10-10 (or as close to it as i can get) a try for the next month or so and re-evaluate after that. i love being raw, but i have a feeling that if i took it to the next level my body would react even better. plus i'd detox faster w/ less fat and it'd be less of a strain on my body. that menstruation thread in the main forum also really got me thinking that maybe my diet, albeit much improved, is still not natural enough to really be healthy. any input?

so tomorrow i want to go for:
-smoothe w/ OJ, bananas, strawberries
-banana & apple
-fruit salad w/ mangoes, strawberries, pineapple
-apple, maybe some raisins or another form of fruit or dried fruit that i get at TJ's
-carrots w/ raw zucchini hummus
-workout- who knows what, probably walking in the hills, still don't feel like running
-salad w/ the usual veggies, sprouts, maaayyyybe 1/4 avo if i'm good the rest of the day, and raw dressing (apple cider vinegar, sundried tomatoes, a little EVOO, garlic, basil- yum!)
-more fruit if needed, probably mango! i am i love w/ them

that's all! i'm going to chill out now. my poor cats haven't seen me for the past 2 days except when i'm sleeping!

Date: May 09, 2007 07:31AM

Hey hun..your welcome for posting the stuff for you...i wish you would of made it ia ms ure it was amazing..he is great....glad i didn't rush up there to it though haha.....
congrats on doing so well!!! you are doing great..i am soo happy for you...i am thinking that i should do the 80 10 10 too but i am scared with my diabetes..i am soo confused right now with the fruit and stufff...i hear something different everytime...so i don't know...hmm oh well i will find something eventually!!! smiling smiley
well hun take care and have a fabulous evening and wonderful day tomorrow!!!
EVOO haha i posted that one time and i had a million questions of what it was lol...glad someone else knows too smiling smiley i feel saner lol
love sach
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 10, 2007 04:02AM

hey sach! i feel bad that i haven't been able to post in your journal in a few days. life is soooo crazy w/ cannes next week, i've been going to work early and leaving way late. i don't really have time to post this but oh well!

really quick- today went well. i ate pretty low-fat for me, and LOTS of yummy fruit. here's how it went:

-smoothie w/ 2 bananas, 1 c. strawberries, 1/4 c. OJ
-banana, apple
-fruit salad w/ a whole mango, pineapple chunks, strawberries
-another banana
-4 slices dried mango (mmmm TJ's finally got the unsweetened kind in!!)
-2/3 of a small bag baby carrots w/ raw hummus and 6 raw cashews (was really hungry)
-went for a 50-minute powerwalk in the hills (which i think are currently in the process of burning down...yet again...damn people and their cigarettes!)
-salad w/ spinach, romaine, sprouted beans/lentils/veggies, tomatoes, carrots, red pepper, 1/3 of an avo, raw dressing
-maybe another apple later if i get hungry? i only had one today *gasp!*

so that was a really good day. no bars, and very few nuts. ok, so the hummus, avo, dressing, and of course cashews had fat, but it's still less, and smaller portions of those things, than i'd usually eat.

i'm off to watch "an inconvenient truth" before i have to give it back to my friend tomorrow! i haven't seen it yet, i'm sure it will be depressing but also inspiring for me to do what i can to reverse the greenhouse effect and all that.

later, raw peeps winking smiley

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 10, 2007 05:00AM

Hi Meow---Just read through your journal and it is so inspiring to me...your rawfood journey reminds me of when I was 100% raw ...you are eating much as I did, same sort of salads...and your enthusiasm and LOVE of all the flavors and relishing all of it...keep on keeping on. You are doing GREAT!

I'm returning to rawfoods, and reading your journal was like a clear memory of my own love of this way of eating. You stay with it!!! (You don't have to worry about quitting like I did. You are young and it sounds like you have your head screwed on well and are fortunate not to have other issues around food.) It sounds like you have a firm footing. It is so wonderful to find this rawfoodism---our natural biological diet---at a young age. You're very fortunate.

You're really doing well. Your body and mind are loving it! Stay on track.
All my best wishes to you....enjoy all your tasty beautiful foods smiling smiley smiling smiley

Btw---I had cats all my long life. Wonderful creatures. Now, I have one of those little creatures that would stop you in the street, the cutest little dog in the world! She's a 6 lb Maltese kid, so smart and funny and adorable. (my first dog, after being a cat-owner since childhood.)

Well, bon appetit!

Date: May 10, 2007 07:27AM

Hey sweets..don't worry it is okay hun i still love ya...sorry you have been super busy that's not good.....but make sure you are taking time for yourself...but i am sure youa re as tonight you were going to watch the movie smiling smiley....good to hear smiling smiley...i can't wait to hang out this summer!! oh i wish you could of came tonight we had a bonfire on the beach!! it was sooo soo fun...except for the crazy homeless woman who said something rude towards me...but other then that it was great!!!
awesome awesome day today for you..yay you for doing less fat that is a great thing huh?? makes you feel so wonderful!! oh and i am so excited are the dried aprictos cheaper??? it is soo hard to find actual raw dried fruits...not even my organi produce place has them..sometimes there are a few things that whole foods carries but for like 1/2 cup its 6 or 7 dollars haha..hmm thanks though i am super excited going to check out TJ's....
have a wonderful evning hun and beautiful day!!
love always sach
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 11, 2007 03:37AM

Elakti, thank you so much for all of your encouragement! it's so nice to hear all of those things, especially when i feel like i should be doing "better." it reminds me that just being raw is something most people will never do, and i should appreciate how far i've come in a short time rather than striving for some sort of "perfection" in my eating that doesn't even exist. i wish you all the best of luck in returning to a raw foods lifestyle! i'm sure it will all come back to you and you'll feel so great you wont want to stop.

oh, and i do have more than my share of eating issues- i've had various eating disorders, mostly severe anorexia but also purging & overexercising, but i am really putting them behind me and focusing on my health! if i can do it, you can, too smiling smiley

sach, your bonfire sounds so lovely! reminds me of being in santorini, greece- we had bonfires every night on the black sand beach *sigh* those were the days! oh and my dried fruit is dried mangoes. they are soooo good! but you think they may not be raw? is most dried fruit that you buy at the store not raw? eeek! i need to know! raisins are raw if they say they're sun-dried, right? i feel so ignorant sometimes, and yet there's not much information out there (or at least not that's readily available). i'm glad to have found this forum though!

so today was insane. that's all i can say. i will be so happy when the week is over and the big bosses are out of the country! i wish i was going to cannes for 2 weeks sad smiley the worst part is one of my bosses is going to amsterdam first for a few days, and i've booked all his hotels, restaurants, meetings- it makes me miss amsterdam sooo much! i lived outside of amsterdam for 4 months and loved it! i want to move back some day. actually i watched part of "an inconvenient truth" last night and in it, al gore said that if the polar ice caps melt (which they will in less than 50 years at the rate we're going), amsterdam will be underwater. so will much of florida, san fransisco, many oceanfront cities in china...it's really terrifying. it's a great documentary so far, i just started it way too late to watch all of it last night, but i'm going to watch the rest soon.

i want to do something to help reverse global warming. i've been looking into a few websites that claim to erase your carbon footprint, but i can't explain how yet...gotta read up. you pay a fee based on how much you drive, take planes, use energy/electricity in your home, what your lifestyle is like, etc. and they put something out there or take something away that basically makes you break even, as in it takes away the co2 that you put out...or something...gotta do my homework on that. i've read that being vegan is one of the best things a person can do to stop global warming b/c factory farms put out soooo much co2. i also read that if everyone in america became vegetarian, the USA could single-handedly end world hunger b/c we could feed the grains we raise to feed animals bred & raised for slaughter to hungry people around the world. over 80% of the grains we grow in the usa feed animals that we kill for meat. how sad is that? obviously if the demand for meat ceased, we would just stop breeding/producing so many slaughter animals and could then use the grain for feeding people. not to mention the horrible factory farming industry would be all but wiped out...and people hear these statistics, and they're told what they can do to help, and yet they refuse to listen, they refuse to think it's their responsibility. i don't understand. i could never, ever go back to being a meat-eating, disease-ridden, ignorance-is-bliss-believing "average" american. it is time for people to educate themselves and take it upon themselves to use that information to reshape our future. but i fear that people in general just don't care.

anyway...my day was eh. i ate too many bars. i was so hungry all day and didn't bring enough fruit to work. i'm running out of food! but whatever, i don't really feel bad. i did, but there's no point. what am i trying to prove? nothing. i'm just trying to make the best out of every day. so today wasn't so great, yesterday was wonderful and tomorrow will be wonderful too. i can't be perfect all the time, and if i try i'll inevitebley fail.

-banana, organic food bar (protein flavor, 90% raw, or so they say)- wanted a smoothie but was out of oj, not sure if it'd be good w/o it??
-banana, then later, raisins w/ raw almonds (maybe the last truly raw ones i ever buy from trader joe's *tear* and a choc. coconut lara bar- this was my mistake for the day! but it was a yummy mistake!
-apple
-carrots w/ raw hummus, half a glass of wine before i felt too drunk to finish...ugh
-3 slices dried mango

i didn't really eat dinner but maybe i'll have red peppers/tomatoes/cukes w/ hummus later. it's really really good hummus!

tomorrow i want to try for all fruit during the day, with a salad at night. that made me feel so great. i think i'm addicted to those lara bars! but once in a while they're ok, maybe like 2-3 times a week. so i have to try to cut down.

ok time to relaaaaxxxx smiling smiley
-fruit salad- mangoes, pineapple, strawberries YUM

Date: May 11, 2007 04:42AM

Hey hun..oh yes the bonfire was great!! i truly loved it.....and i know what you mean about global warming i was reading about help stamp out your footprint at whole foods they have a little paper on it and info and stuff...even a video...so that is cool!!! i would love to watch that movie i will keep it in mind...
when did you go to amsterdam?? and greece..that is cool you have been to a few places and so young still..what did you go with your family or friends..or just to relax??? i have been a few places too mostly with family..then friends..haha to vacation....i want to go and explore more places soon!! i love traveling!!!

hmm yeah most dried fruits are heated at high temps..i don't know aboutthe ones you bought..they have to be labeled raw..or COMPLTELy sun dried..like i know therei s a brand mission that says sun dried and never heated just the sun.but like the sun dried raisins from sunkist and a few others that say sun dried..they are heated with preservatives added...they will say completely ONLy sun dried and nothing added and they are raw...but most say it on there...that is why i asked...but i am goig to check it out..that si awesome if they are!! cuz they are pretty hard to find...
sorry you had such a long day at work this week..hopefully it will be better next week..and hey tomorrow is friday!! yay!!
haha well have a great evening and wonderful day!
love sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Current Page: 4 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables