Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 5 of 9
Re: Back to the Basics- The Start of My Raw Food Life
Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 11, 2007 04:55AM

Meow! greetings!

I'm so glad you posted at my place, and thanks for the encouragement. Yes, this time is going to be IT, no relapse. I've been thinking about what happened (instead of having to think how the heck to go from SAD to RAW, I'm examining how the heck I went from RAW to SAD!) (unfortunately) I see a few elements involved and I have made a promise to myself that I am going forward with all the positive energy and that if I run into problems like any problematic detox I don't understand or if there is anything I am not managing well --- I will get some coaching from an experienced rawfoodist/coach. I am not going to allow anything to sabotage me this time.

If you are wondering about fasting---I strongly reccommend Herbert Shelton's book Fasting Can Save Your Life. I reread it during these 3 days. Also, especially for a first fast, have that time to yourself without work, obligations, etc., so you can just rest and pace your own day(s). I think that book is a must though, it gives so much advice, encouragement, education.

I trust you are self-aware enough to know if this would trigger anything from your ED history. (just want to throw that in, I hope you don't take offense, I just want you to be safe.) It might for some people. But, as I said before, you sound very centered and committed to your health. (no sabotage!) (take it from me!)

I love my little kid, but you know that for the longest time, out of habit, I would put my ear to her little bod to listen for the purr!!! No purr!!! That is the only thing wrong with dogs!!!

Take good care, have a wonderful day,
---Elakti

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 11, 2007 05:01AM

Hey meow..yes i was a little concerned about that as well ...i didn't know you had an Ed past actually..but i saw in the post you said you have never gone longer then 24 hours without food..so maybe your ed wasn't serious in the sense it was long term starvation..i am not saying it wasn't serious i just mean that it was not something that was starving over a 24 hour period so it might not effect you on the fast...as for me i can't do fasts because it really pulls triggers up for me about it and causes thoughts and obessions...but they are wonderful if youc an do them and be healthy emotionally as well...but like elakti said youneed to do them on a weekend or when you don't have work..because if you don't rest while fasting..you are just stirring up the toxins and your body is too stressed with other things to get rid of them all..because you are stirring up many more then you would just on raw food!!
soo good luck hun
just wanted to throw my thoughts in for a dear friend
love sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 11, 2007 06:06AM

P.S.

Oh, I just wanted to add...you don't need to put OJ in the smoothie! You can use anything...you had an apple and some other fruit (I can't remember right now what it was), and you could have used those for the smoothie with the banana!

My morning smoothies vary all the time. Always a banana or two, and then...whatever. Lately I have been throwing in a handful of goji berries and a handful of shredded coconut. Sometimes an orange, and sometimes a few strawberries if one of the two plants outside have an offering.

Have you tried goji berries? They are odd little things, like a cross between a cranberry and a raisin and they are not very sweet and they can be a little dry. I've heard that the freshest ones are more moist.

I am wondering what they look like originally on their bush or tree or whatever. S/b extremely high in nutrients, especially vit. C.

Date: May 11, 2007 06:15AM

ooh goji is very high in anti oxidants and lauric i think it is haha..they are supposed to be soon good..but are a little weird in taste haha..the himalayan ones are pretty good if you want a brand smiling smiley TJ should have them....and that doesn't mean tj mexico haha.....
oh yeah the oj is not a must...your smoothie will be just as yummy without it...if need liquid to make it spin( which most blenders do unless you have those amazing hi tech ones we don't haha) add a little purified water...it will be okay and help mix it..or coconut water so yummy...in electrolytes and nutrients and like 40 kcals for all the water in there!!!
take care
love earthangel
xxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: meow ()
Date: May 12, 2007 02:51AM

another raw day smiling smiley

elakti, thanks for the advice on the book to read. i think i'll go to barnes & noble or borders tomorrow and just read there! i am broke, lol. i'm not too worried about fasting triggering any latent ED thoughts- i mean, i'll always have to be careful and i'll always have to deal with those thoughts, but my life is too valuable to me now (and too busy!) to go back to that. my ED actually was pretty bad, i got down to 74 pounds (i'm 5'3, so i'm short, but that's still pretty scary-thin) and had to be hospitalized and they told me i only had a few mos. to live if i kept it up. but i was one of the lucky ones, i managed to recover, and my relapses were not at all as severe. if anything, being raw makes me want to take extra-good care of myself. it doesn't feel ED-like at all.

oh and i have had goji berries, they were gross! i had the dried ones from the store i used to work at. i was very disappointed. our goji juice was good but the berries- bleh! i LOVE acai anything- i wonder if i can get just raw acai berries? that's supposed to be a nutritional and antioxidant powerhouse as well.

and to both of you, thanks for the smoothie tips and ideas! i've never tried anything but bananas, strawberries & oj! i will have to branch out, lol.

anyway...i ended up having a lara bar at work, but overall today was really good. work was soooo crazy again...the worst is over though! yay. i am going to have fun and chill out and recuperate this weekend.

i felt sick all day, super-sore throat, runny nose, sneezing and coughing, tired. maybe detox? who knows.

here's food for the day-

- smoothie w/ 2 bananas, strawberries, 1/4 c. OJ
- choc. coconut lara bar
- banana
- fruit salad w/ another banana, a whole mango, more strawberries
- apple
- carrots w/ raw hummus
- lettuce wraps- 2 leaves of romaine w/ raw hummus, tomatoes, carrots & red pepper- delish!
- probably will have an apple and/or some dried mango later...in fact dried mango sounds great right now!

for exercise, i walked 40 mins. on my lunch break and i'm going to force myself to do pilates b/c i feel like i haven't been working out enough. i know just being a raw vegan will keep my body looking ok, but i want to preserve my muscle mass and my fitness as well. i just dont' feel like running right now, but maybe i will again once my body is fully detoxed.

so...not a bad day. i can't get over how good the lettuce wraps were. and so simple and easy to make. i will definitely be eating those often!

Date: May 12, 2007 03:30AM

hey there hun..haha the lettuce wraps love them lol...i use colllard greens, kale or chard...depending on the day smiling smiley...love them though..i use some tomatoes and sprouts int he middle and eat them up haha...sometimes i grate some of a carrot too!!!
hmm you had an awesome day keep up the good work!!! glad to hear you are doing well..that is good that this doesn't trigger the ED factor either..for me it seems to sometimes..it causes the same obsession about food and what not on certain days that is why i am not working on myeating and less exercising...it is something i will be working on for a while but oh well that is okay..as long as i get somewhere..i know what you mean about being hospitalized...i can sypathize with you!!!
well sweets take care and have a great evening know that the week from below is over smiling smiley
take care
love sach
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 13, 2007 04:44AM

hey sachelle, mmm lettuce wraps are so good! i was surprised. you can make all sorts of "sandwich" type wraps that way and you won't even miss the bread!

i hope you had a great day today smiling smiley

my day was good. i ate too much fat (well, more fat than i wanted to eat) but i was still 100% raw. it's easy to just add in some avocado here, a handful of almonds there, and it adds up so fast! still trying to work on that, and some days are better than others.

-5 raw cashews and 5 raw almonds
-glass of fresh-squeezed OJ, apple
-2 slices dried mango, small handful raisins
-smoothie w/ 2 bananas, pint of strawberries, 1/4 c. OJ
-chocolate coconut lara bar
-walked around the silver lake reservoir w/ my friend for about an hour
-apple
-carrots w/ raw hummus
-salad w/ spinach, romaine lettuce, sprouted lentils/veggies/beans, red peppers, carrots, cukes, 1/3 of an avo, chopped broccoli, cauliflower, red onion, zucchini, and raw dressing€ (it had LOTS of garlic, i can still taste it even after brushing my teeth!)
-a slice of dried mango and some raw mango while i was cutting it up

i feel pretty good about today. i just relaxed w/ friends and watched movies, i'm still sort of exhausted and didn't sleep enough last night. going to the farmer's market early tomorrow! i want to get in a really long walk or hike, too. i also want to go read some raw books at a bookstore, but i'm not sure if i'll get to that or not.

i'm feeling a little thinner and my friends commented on that today. it's weird how my body is effortlessly finding its best weight.

oh and i put the CA plates on my car today! one of my friends brought a screwdriver so i could change them. i'm going to hang up one of my old VT plates smiling smiley i also got my CA license in the mail. it's weird to think i really LIVE here...i'm not one for settling anywhere. but it's cool, at least now i blend in more on the road, before with my VT plates (that are obnoxiously green) people used to cut me off and i felt like i was more of a target for getting parking tickets.

i feel so different lately, like i am changing faster than i can keep up with. i have made a lot of life changes lately and i am growing so fast (mentally/emotionally) and doing things i never thought i'd really do. i kind of feel like i don't know who i am anymore, but not really in a bad way- it's more like my mind is just leading me in another direction and i'm not really sure where i'll end up yet. i guess that's cool. usually when i change, i make the choice to do it. i feel like i didn't really choose raw, it just kind of fit with my life and i tried it and it's working. and i feel like i didn't really choose the job i have, or where i am- it all just sort of fell into place. i never thought i'd be out here living this life, working in the film industry, being a raw vegan- that's for sure. i always WANTED all of that but it seemed so out of reach and so daunting. how it happened already and with so little effort, i have no idea.

well, i'm rambling. i don't really know what i'm trying to say.

here's to another lovely raw day and some great fruits and veggies at the farmer's marketsmiling smiley

Date: May 13, 2007 06:17AM

hey hun....oh yeah i love wraps sometimes..they are so good....but mine are probably boring to most haha i either just roll the collard greens chard or kale up into a cigar like and eat it or i put some sprouts in it haha....but i know that you put tons of things hahahaha...have fun with them!!!

i am glad you are doing so well with raw and your life..soundsl ike you are doing fantastic and everything is falling into place yay for that!! and yay for getting your license and plates that is great too....you are a californian today!!!!
glad you are falling into your natural weight!! wonderfuL!!
keep up the awesome work hun
love sach
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: noff ()
Date: May 14, 2007 12:36AM

hey, what up eh? I feel the same way about how I've changed. I never would have thought I'd be doing what I'm doing or be a raw vegan and yet the path here was so easy, I don't even think it was a conscious decision really. I mean I didn't seen who I wanted to be and then did all the steps to get me there, I just lived each day as I felt was right. And BAM here I am, haha. Anyway good to see you are doing good. yay for your license plate! thats an exciting change. hehe I love california so much, it's home! always will be no matter where I move. Talk to you later <3

Date: May 14, 2007 04:31AM

hey sachelle and noff!

sach, i'm glad you're doing the 7 weeks 100% challenge, too! although i know you've been raw for a while. but it's still good to get more support, motivation and advice from others! it's great for me b/c, even though i don't want cooked food, it forces me to make absolute sure that everything i'm eating is 100% raw instead of just guessing.

speaking of which, is dried fruit raw? i know my raisins are b/c they say sundried, right? but the other dried fruit i eat is dried unsulfured & unsweetened mango. do i have to give that up or is it raw? i don't eat any other dried fruit, but for some reason that mango really hits the spot.

noff, i feel the exact same way. it's great to have found the path we're supposed to be on already. it just feels like it can only get better from here. i truly believe that nature has provided us with everything we need to live healthy, disease- and pain-free lives. this way of eating just feels so therapeutic and i can't understand why it hasn't caught on in the mainstream culture yet- i feel like veganism in sort of catching on, but n raw foodism is more "extreme" to most people. i like it when people tell me they feel depressed or exhausted all the time, and i suggest they eat more fresh fruit and veggies, and a week later they tell me they're feeling a lot better. why take a pill when you have everything you need already in front of you? but people don't know about this and all its benefits.

today was lovely. got my goodies at the farmer's market. a woman who was working at one of the booths complimented me on how smooth my skin is. she even called her coworker over to look at me! it made me realize how i am still changing, even though i can't see it fully since i see myself every day. she asked me what my secret was and i just said i eat tons of fresh fruits and veggies. i found out the coworker of hers owns a juice bar near me, so i want to go check that out next weekend if i have any money left...lol.

my body has been asking for some serious rest this weekend. last night i laid down to cuddle w/ one of my cats at 9:30, and fell asleep for an hour and woke up to all of the cats sleeping in my little pull-out-chair "bed" with me! then i just went back to sleep, i was so tired. today after my long walk, i got a headache (i've been getting them again) and just had to nap. i ended up sleeping for almost an hour and a half, but i feel so much better now. i think the detoxing is happening again, which is good i guess- i want to be all clean inside!

today's food-

-banana & lara bar
-apple
-smoothie w/ 2 bananas, 1/4 c. OJ (fresh squeezed, of course), not quite a pint of strawberries, and a few slices of fresh mango. the mango really made it sweet and creamy! soo good!
-went for an hour and a half walk into beverly hills..why i go back on my days off i don't understand, but it is pretty to walk there, they have a nice path along santa monica boulevard and i like to walk through all the streets with the massive gated houses, the flowers are in bloom and it's pretty even though i'm sort of repulsed by that life at the same time...
-was STARVING after i got back- had carrots w/ raw zucchini hummus, an apple, and 5 almonds/5 cashews, and then my stomach hated me, lol
-a couple more carrots w/ raw zucchini hummus, then a big salad w/ romaine, spinach, baby greens/mesculin (sp?), red pepper, tomatoes, cukes, carrots, lotsa sprouts, 1/3 avo, raw dressing
-ate a bit of mango and a few chunks of pineapple while cutting it up

i'm down to 104 pounds so i want to be careful not to lose too much more weight. like i said before, i'm short, only 5'3, so it's not like i'm underweight, but i don't want to lose the good parts! lol. i do still want to go lower fat...i'm thinking if i can't cut out those lara bars completely, having only half of one per day would be ok for now. i'm doing well cutting down the avo to 1/3 per day if i eat one at all. it just makes my salad so much better! the nuts can easily go. the hummus and dressing has fat but i put barely any olive oil in the dressing, and cut down on the tahini and olive oil in the hummus. so that's ok for now as long as i'm still raw.

well goodnight, i have lots of cleaning to do, then going to sleep early!

Date: May 14, 2007 04:53AM

eeek! i just put my food for the day into fitday just for kicks, and it came to:

1401 calories
59 GRAMS OF FAT!!!!
224 g. carbs
6 g. protein

that is WAY WAY WAY too much fat!

ok...deep breaths...i feel like i'm just undoing all my progress though, b/c that can't be healthy, right? so i need to basically cut out all but maybe a teaspoon of olive oil in my dressing and maybe 1 T or so in my hummus recipe, and also cut down to maybe 1/4 c. raw tahini instead of 1/3 c. in the recipe. no more raw nuts, i'm just going to put them up high on the shelf where i'll have to get a chair if i want them. i usually only eat them if i'm dying of starvation and don't think fruit will fill me up, but i logically know fruit satisfies me more and it's healthier. only half a lara bar per day. and 1/3 of an avo or less when i have salads.

this should cut it down significantly. the most fat came from the T of olive oil in my salad. it's not like i can even taste the difference, so cutting down on that should be easy.

how i managed to eat only 1400 calories today is a wonder- i feel like i ate tons of food all day, and am so full right now. i can see why i'm losing weight though, i used to eat 2000 calories per day or sometimes more!

ok...just gotta try harder tomorrow, right?

Date: May 14, 2007 05:05AM

theraputic, exactly! It is strange how being raw is considered extreme, I mean the concept is simple: Only put health promoting, natural foods in your body. Everyone agrees that fruits and vegetables are healthy and we should eat more yet when one does exactly that, chaos! "you're depriving yourself". Well it's comforting to know that the number of people going raw is ever increasing smiling smiley Wonder how many turn each day? hm. Oh I visited my friend in torrance and drove through beverly hills and saw this path where people were walking their dogs on an island between the rows of huge huge houses. I thought it was a beautiful place for a walk but yeah, the overall atmosphere of excess and privacy kind of ruined the beauty of the place. I'm trying to cut down on the fat too, going for the 80/10/10, I was hooked on my homemade versions of those lara bars! very addicting! well have a god night, talk to you later xoxo

Date: May 14, 2007 05:30AM

hey love haha yay for your day..don't stress about the fat it is okay with transition and beginning...and even later..it is all healthy fats..so just slowly cut some of them out though..but don't stress you are okay...they are good for you body too! they help with skin hair nails..and lubricates your organs and body...so you are fine hun...
yay for the farmers market soundsl ike fun!!!

hmm okay here is the deal on the dried fruit haha ( i posted this in another post on your diary lol..) if the package says it is sun dried like in the paragraph or if you call it is..but the sun maid raisins and some other brands claim sun dried labels...but when you really get into it they are not sun dried they are dried at high heats....and make sure nothing is added...you said the mangos have nothing added that is good..but how are they dried?? you should find that out just to be safe if you are relaly worrkied....most dried fruit is made with ovens at high temps..you so you never know...so you can call the company and find out smiling smiley that is what i do ahha so i know for sure if i question it.....

well i love raw too and i am excited about the 7 week challenge it is great!!! so excited about it and everyone that is going to do it...ph is going to be interesting too so excited about that haha...oh and we started posting early oh well lol...we can motivate them smiling smiley!!!
well hun sounds like you had a great day with some detox YAY for detox..clean bodies is what we want for sure..i have had runny nose scratchy throat and stuff lately so it is no picnic but i love it cuz it means i am cleansing you know??
hmm i gotta go though get some sleep or rest at least haha
love ya hun
sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 15, 2007 04:36AM

hello hello!

i have very little time to post b/c i want to lay down and eat an apple and watch an episode of gray's anatomy before bed! but just wanted to post real quick.

noff, that's funny, i just posted in your journal about wanting to do 80-10-10. maybe when we both feel ready we could take it on together. i'm up for it whenever you are, i am finding it hard right now to eat very little fat, but if i had a real reason to, i am sure i could do it smiling smiley and yep, that's the path i often walk on in BH. it's weird how i am intrigued and replused by that town at the same time! i always feel like when i'm walking there, someone in a flashy mercedes or jaguar is going to pull over and call me out, like i'm not supposed to be there. then when the rich ladies that lunch say hi to me when they pass me on the street, i think, wow, do they really think i'm one of THEM? oh no! hehe.

sach thanks so much for the info on dried fruit! well, my raisins say sundried, but i'm going to call anyway! they're from TJ's. the mango is also from TJ's and i threw out the packaging! so i'll ask about that too before i get any more. i want to be 100% for sure, you know?

um well i posted my food in the 7 weeks raw, no time to repost! i was 100% raw, less fat than yesterday thankfully! i had delicious zucchinaghetti for dinner, that was awesome, and i have more sauce for later in the week.

something interesting to me lately is some stuff i saw on david wolf videos on youtube. one thing he was saying was how the #1 killer of people in our country is heart disease, esp. heart attacks. and how the heart is blocked off in the case of a heart attack, and something about the chakra and it being related to lack of compassion. then he said that a million chickens are slaughtered every day in whichever city he was lecturing in to feed the people. then he repeated "lack of compassion" again and it really sort of clicked. the things we do, the energy we put out, all comes back. bad karma or what? when you live peacefully, when you connect with the earth, when you see the value in a life and refuse to take a life to (unnecessarily) sustain your own, that's compassion. when you look into the eyes of a chicken or cow or mouse or whatever and see a soul, a creature that is as worthy of being on the planet as you are, that's compassion. when you use your dollars to support local organic farming, that's compassion. i have never connected someone's untimely death from a heart attack to lack of compassion before, but now it really makes sense.

these are the things i think about late at night that make me unable to sleep til 4 AM smiling smiley

i am slowly discovering how i want to live my life, and how i can live it consciously, without regret, without remorse. i'm finding out how i can go to bed every night with a clean conscience. maybe there's no way not to add a little to the problem, but if you're doing more to take away from it than you are to add to it, that's got to count for something, right? i like how being raw has not only changed my diet but changed my way of seeing the world as well.

so much for a quick post...

Date: May 15, 2007 04:44AM

hey hun!! yay you had a great day congrats!! that is awesome i am sooo happy for you!!!...keep up the good work..and congrats on less fat that is an accomplishment as well!!!! i would love to do the 811 diet..but i am focusing on my diabetes now..i am going to focus on that the most not even weight loss right now..i am going to really do insulin therapy with raw foods and see wherei end up...you know??i sometimes let my sugars get higher then should be cuz the more insulin you tkae the more weight you gain...so i don't want to do that smiling smiley...but ia m going to at least try to take what i can and do what i can you know? anyways enough about me haha
glad you are discovering yourself and what you wantto do in life and in the world!! keep up the good work hun!!
take care and have a good night!
love sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 15, 2007 08:30PM

hey sach! i wanted to tell you this (i bet you already know though!) there is a documentary coming out called raw for 30 days or something like that, i watched a trailer of it when i was watching those david wolf videos the other night. in it, they take a group of americans with diabetes who were told they'd have to take insulin, etc. for the rest of their lives, and put them on a raw diet for 30 days. it was crazy, all of the ones that stuck it out were insulin-free at the end and had lost bunches of weight and were living a life they never thought possible. obviously they were mentored by pros, which is probably why they saw such dramatic results- i know you've been raw for longer than a month and you're still having probs w/ your diabetes- but i thought maybe that would give you some hope or inspiration! i really want to see the documentary when it's out.

well i decided if i want to try this 80-10-10 thing, there's no day like the present! so i'm sticking to fruits and veggies and low fat today. i'm not ravenous like i usually am at this time. i've had half a banana and half a mango in the early morning, then a smoothie at around 9:30, a banana at around 10:30, and an apple just now. i'm having a mango and a cup of strawberries for lunch, then another banana later on in the afternoon. at home i'll have carrots w/ raw hummus (my fat source for the day i suppose), and a salad w/ raw dressing made w/ 1 tsp. olive oil. i'll probably have an apple later at night too.

it's gray out today and i just want to sleep! i'm also absolutely freezing, but the bosses are in cannes so i get to wear my hoodie all day smiling smiley

my clothes are literally falling off of me. why am i losing weight so fast? i'm barely working out (well, i walk a lot and do pilates but that burns very few calories) and i'm eating on average 1400 calories per day. i'm fine w/ losing a few more pounds but any more than that and i'm afraid i'll be too skinny, or i just wont' be able to stop losing weight. i know eating fats is probably the best way to try to maintain weight on a raw diet, but i really want to give this 811 thing a try. i guess i'll see where my weight falls and try not to worry about it. the people who are making the "you're so skinny" comments are people who eat a SAD and don't care much about their health, so whatever.

will probably update later. woohoo, it's a slow day at work! finally!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 16, 2007 12:51AM

Namaste

i have heard of the 30 day film - this is Why i have begun the raw foods path -
5th day into it and feeling fine. i went from meat eating to raw foods in one
shot. Actually stopped my metformin (for diabetes) and am taking an aryuvedic
preperation - the blood sugar was 176 today which is pretty good as with cooked
foods it was higher. More than likely it helped that i did a colon cleanse for a couple of weeks before the change over. But so far no detox problems could be it helps that i am in a state of consciousness that is like a continual meditation.
Am glad to see this site here - the interesting thing is learning to uncook and how to put together recipes. i am about 99% raw - making sure it is organic as well.
Am having raw milk with it and may on occasion have sushi. So far am not missing the cooked at all - and am finding it is much easier eating out than i had anticipated it would be. i am relatively new to Los Angeles.
Be a Great Existence and enjoy the journey.

Date: May 16, 2007 01:58AM

Hi Meow!

Sounds like you are really settling into this rawfoodism and yet are also on the alert for changes...and you are sure changing on the inside too. It is so neat to read such things, its the other dimension to this way of eating and changing ourselves on all levels. The mind and body are so related. Besides the gross physical diseases that toxic "food" causes, it also affects the mind in such negative ways. And as the body cleanses and gets healthier, so do the thoughts.

Good luck on the fat intake decision. See how things feel. Try not to worry about the weight. Even if you lose more, you will also gain it back on the very same food. Your body will find its balance. I've read that in so many testimonials.

Keep up the great job you're doing.

Elakti

Date: May 16, 2007 02:25AM

Hey meow..yes i have heard of the study and film...from i read most all of the volunteers were diabetics Type 2 who were so out of control with their eating and blood sugar that they were told they would need to switch to insulin because unless they changed their eating habits and lost some of the fat that was causing their own insulin production to not be accepted into the cells they would be on insulin their whole lives...that is wonderful and so great.....i am happy for them..but that is still different then a type 1 taking insulin and going raw...that search is still incomplete not one person..i found a raw food guru doctor who has helped diabetics..he helped some people with type 2 go off the insulin but that is possible cuz their body still produces insulin..but they are usually so unhealthy and overweight that they have to produce such a large amount and eventually their cells don't react to it cuz they can't make enough to work for their body till they detox and lose some weight and toxins....but all of the type 1's are still taking insulin but have lost lots of weight and are taking less insulin..which is where i fall..i am taking a lot less insulin but still taking it...i haven't actually found one real type 1 person who has stopped the insulin..(probably because if the raw doesn't perform a miracle like reproducing my pancreas and fixing it all up) my body will never produce insulin which i need daily to metabolize sugars so i don't lose my sight or limbs smiling smiley...
so i hope that hleps you so you understand..but thank you so much hun i relaly appreciate you thinking of me!! i think that is so sweet and keep the tips coming!!!! any other things you of diabetics and raw let mek now!! i love learning new things and knowing what the latest is..but i believe in miracles ( a little hard right now) but i am hoping to become the first type 1 diabetic to completely redo mypancreas and get off insulin..but i have a feeling i have a long way smiling smiley
well you did awesome today with everything!! oh and you are losing all this weight cuz you are cleansing and getting rid of toxins....your body is full of toxins from all the cooked before..and toxins are stored in fat cells..so you will lose a lot of weight at first to get rid of all the toxins in there..then you will gain back the weight you need to and end up at your natural body weight...so don't stress hun!!!
love sach
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 16, 2007 05:33AM

thanks for popping in, everyone!

Guru_G, welcome! i'm so happy to hear that raw is working for you smiling smiley did you start a journal yet?

Elakti, thanks for the tip about not worrying a/b my weight right now. it's good to know it'll eventually settle where it should be. i have a lot of overprotecvtive friends/family members/even coworkers, so they are a little concerned!

sach, i am sorry, i feel so stupid but i never really knew the difference b/w type 1 & 2 diabetes! thanks for explaining it to me. and i love your positive attitude- that alone will take you very farsmiling smiley

today was closer to 811- ended up at 1212 calories, 22 g. fat (17%), 266 g. carbs (76%), 20 g. protein (7%). yay! it felt great to eat lower fat. i was actually more satisfied. i ate:

1/2 banana, 1/2 mango
smoothie w/ the usual
banana, apple
mango and strawberries
carrots and raw zucchini hummus
then i went for a long walk and ended up finding a dog that seemed lost and had no tags! so of course i stayed w/ her til she found her people, but got home really late
had the rest of my zucchinaghetti for dinner b/c it was easier than a salad- i added sprouts to it but i still missed my salad!
an apple

i'm sort of hungry but i want to lie down and do some visualization.

i actually was really touched earlier when i was w/ the lost dog, b/c a man came out of his house and ended up helping me find her owners b/c it was dark and i was on a busy street w/o a leash or anything. i just felt that whole compassion thing that i heard david wolfe talk about on the video...i almost ended up crying on the way home b/c i felt like that dog was meant to find me & the man so she ended up safe and sound. stupid, yeah, but stranger things have happened.

oh and i learned (from the wolfe video) that greens are related to the heart chakra. i want to look into chakras more, but basically what he was saying is most people in our society die of heart disease/heart attacks, which means they die of closed heart chakra, which means lack of compassion. this is all SO interesting to me. it makes sense in a far out kind of way. closed heart- literally, you're heart is sealed off from letting anything in or out. that is just so powerful to me b/c i see it all around me every single day, and i don't want to add to that.

ok i want to do my visualization now. i feel very connected with the universe and in control of my destiny today. i feel like i'm on the right path and something good is just ahead, but i'm not sure what it is yet...exciting though smiling smiley

goodnight everyone!

Date: May 16, 2007 08:19AM

hey hun.......don't ever ever feel stupid you are n't you just didn't know as many many many people don't...it is confusing and hard to figure out especially since most people are type 2 and that is what society focuses on and says oh if you are overweight eat unhealthy you will get diabetes...but they don't explain what or how that works and that therei s a group of us that have diabetes that is totally idffernt then all the commercials and WARNINGS....we are a group who's pancreas died on us and we need to have it fixed or a pancreatic transplant..that is what i was hoping for for some years because of my kidney damage from it...(remember when i was really upset and touched by the trainers death on my show workout?? he died from kidney failure..so it really hit home you know) but it is soo important that we get the knowledge out there and explain and educate...it is not fair to categorize everyone you know?? but i am so happy to explain and help out if you have or had questions on it....but never feel stupid you aren't at all..you just were never informed between the differences of the two types....it's kind of like constipation and diarrhea they are both things that deal with the colon but TOTALLY different you know?? sorry to use that but it was all i could think of haha...

hmm i am happy you did so well with your plan today that is awesome!!! so glad to hear that hun....and so glad you helped out the dog that is awesome..you are such a sweetie!!! hey you def should look into reiki you sound like you are interested in that sort of thing...go to yahoogroups and type in REIKI and join the reiki on group..sign up for the attunement when you are ready..it is amazing..i jsut got an attunement last night!! i think you would benefit from it and learn more too!! and if you go into the files you can see under reiki 1 the different chakras and their organ and color...i am working on healing my pancreas right now which falls under the solar plexus chakra (ANS,liver and pancreas) and it's color is yellow which is ironic cuz when you have jaundice you are yellow and it deals with the liver smiling smiley hmm interesting haha anyway all the chakras are on my journal if you want them or ican pm them too you.....and the 5 principles to live by they are great.already ones i followed before reiki cuz the trainer from my show lived by them and i loved them!!!

well i better get off your journal i am taking up tons of space sorry
love ya sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 16, 2007 06:39PM

hey meow!
I see you already started the 80/10/10, awesome! Yeah I'd say don't worry about those who critisize your weight loss, geez, I wish that raw wasn't a minority! It's as if Im speaking another language sometimes when I talk to others about it. Needeless to say I don't talk about it much anymore, haha. Yeah I've been doing a ton more fruit lately but I really need to up the greens. I used to do a green smothie every morning and I need to start that again. I read a bunch about how this high fruit diet doesn't work for a lot of long term raw people. You read anything like that? Maybe greens need to make up a higher percentage than 10%? Well good to hear you are doing well! I watched some david wolfe videos videos last night and was really interested by the chakra/heart disease too! It's just seems so obvious now! In psychology class we talked about what types of people have the highest rates of heart related disease and they are the ones who don't forgive easily, hold on the grudges for a long time, don't regularly express their opinion(hearts sentiment) and it just all clicked! My family would fall into that category it makes me so happy that I found out about raw, who knows what kind of shape I would have been years from now, eeek. That's wonderful about that guy helping you out. People are good at heart, well at least being raw seems to make me more open to seeing that. smiling smiley Have a fabulous day.

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: May 17, 2007 01:34AM

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I'm only on page 1 of your journal so I'm trying to catch up but just wanted to let you know. Hope your day was good.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 17, 2007 01:39AM

Namaste

Chakras are plexus points in the body that resonate with various types of
life experiences and awareness. Try not to get caught up on body focus.
Why do i say this ? i traveled the whole of the journey through kundalini
which is an awakening and processing through all of the chakra levels of
awareness. Where this journey takes one is to that which is beyond
dispute the Ground of Being.

As far as the question about starting a diary - no - there is no need.
this days journey with raw foods is what it is - coming along in a nice
flow - recipes are simply emerging and no desires come up for anything else.

Maha Shanti OM

Date: May 17, 2007 09:11AM

hmm guru g i think that making up a diary is great...since you are lurking around here and reading all of our personal thoughts and feelings and days it is just nice to have everyone share and we can add support and help in your life too!! no one is above support and encouragement right?? i don't think that there is anyone who wouldn't benefit from support from people you are essentially offering your advise to and trying to help....but if you are still not intersted it is a personal choice smiling smiley

hey sweetie...just wanted to stop in and say hi and see how that day went for you..i will check in the 7 week challenge and see if you posted!!! i hope all is well with you doll!! take care and have a wonderful night
love sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 17, 2007 05:27PM

Good morning! Wow, lots of comments- I’m at work at typed this in Word so I have to comment back later, I’m sorry! I'm looking forward to reading all the info you gave me on chakras though! Later hopefully...

I didn’t get a chance to update my journal last night, but I did put my food into the 7 weeks raw thread on the main forum. I really like that thread, everyone is so supportive and upbeat. Sometimes the main forum is a little intense but it’s not the case w/ the people on this challenge!

Anyway yesterday was great, came to around 1400 calories, 40 g. fat, 260 something g. carbs, and I think 26 g. protein…I don’t really remember, but it was all raw so that’s what counts!

This morning I was shocked to find that I fit into a pair of size 2 American Eagle jeans that I haven’t worn since I was restricting my eating to an apple a day freshman year of college…the weight has literally melted off all my old trouble areas. My size 4 jeans are all too loose, which is sort of sad since I’d recently bought a pair of $130 lucky jeans that I love! I can still wear them, but they’re not fitted and cute anymore &#61516; But I will save up for a new pair maybe the month after next. Money is just tight right now and I had to pay a lot to register my car, get my license, and renew insurance this month &#61516; I hate money. Anyway I was happy about the jeans thing! I don’t think I’m too skinny, I think I look fine, and I FEEL great, and that’s all I care about.

Anway, onto today! Not yet sure what I’ll eat besides fruit. I want a chocolate coconut lara bar but I don’t know if I’ll “give in” and have it. I find it strange that I’ve lost so much bodyfat eating lots of fat- the last time I tried on those size 2 jeans was about 2 weeks ago, and I couldn’t get them past my thighs or hips, nevermind get them close to buttoning! I guess those toxins really DO hide out in our bodyfat, and when they go, the fat goes with them. I have been feeling very pure this past week since going 100%, and very at peace with myself. No more wars over calories or time spent exercising. I’m just doing what I feel like doing, eating what my body is asking for. I find I’m not hungry at conventional meal times (breakfast and dinner). I want to start listening more to my body’s hunger signals. It’s easy now b/c I can eat at my desk since the boys are in Cannes, but when they come back I can’t do that. I’ll figure it out though.

Ooh I started looking into chakras yesterday. I am so interested in it. There’s a lot of differing info based on different religions/ethnic groups and what their ideas of chakras are. But I’m really soaking it all up, I plan on learning more about it today since work will be slow! I really love this raw foods diet and everything it has opened my mind to.

Date: May 17, 2007 05:50PM

Meowwwww! Hi there!!!!!!

You sound great! Yeah, the 7 week thread is so warm and friendly smiling smiley I like it too.

Try dates instead of the lava bar. I buy dates and also these date logs rolled in coconut and always have them in my purse. They are perfect for those times when you might have a yen for something like a lava bar. I am SURE if you eat one or two of those, you will lose the taste for a lava bar, especially since you are 100% raw. They are so sweet, sometimes I only need a bite!

That is so great what you say about feeling pure and at ease. That is fantastic. You are doing so well. And 100%. That is why I think a date-coconut thingy would do the trick. I don't know if I've ever had a lava bar, I keep hearing about them. I'll stick to my dates. They are not too expensive...besides I don't eat them in quantity. I can't even eat two whole ones at a time. !!! (and I am one of the worst sugarholic chocoholic people you could ever find)

Elakti

smiling smiley

Date: May 17, 2007 09:46PM

I've been reading about chakras lately too! So much information out there, it's fascintating. I came across a company that makes necklaces for each chakra. Very cool. Oh and you can always sell your jeans on ebay. There's always someone out there lookin for a deal on some seven jeans. It's awesome you fit into those old jeans! Progress you can measure! haha Yeah when I've lost my thigh jiggles I hope to fit into a pair of seven jeans that a friend gave me a year ago. I'm a four now, you give me hope! YAY haaha I recommend dates too. I am a date feind right now. I'm so puzzles by people saying that they can only eat one or two since they are so sweet...hm...I can make a meal of them! Have a glorious sunny day smiling smiley

Date: May 18, 2007 08:30AM

Hey hun..yay glad you are enjoying life and raw and chakras!! congrats on those jeans how awesome!!! and lucky jeans are the most comfy ones ever haha...i love them!!! hmm sounds like life is well in meow world!!! keep up the awesome work!!
take care of yourself
love sach
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 19, 2007 11:16PM

hey ladies!

Elakti, the dates idea is a good one, but i don't really like dates plain sad smiley i know, i'm like the only person on this board who doesn't like them. they are just too sweet for me, and too gooey, it sort of grosses me out! but i've made peace with the fact that i'll be eating lots of lara bars. after all, they are still raw and healthy!

noff, those chakra necklaces sound so cool! is there a website? maybe i'll try googling it- i want one! lol.

sach, i know, lucky jeans are my favorite! the denim they use is soft but not thin...and the super-low rise are perfect for my body type. i tried on some luckys and some joe's and angels today and the luckys were by far the winners! but i have no $$ yet, so i'll have to save up or something.

so i went out to lunch w/ coworkers yesterday. i usually don't go b/c i always bring my lunch, i run errands a lot on my lunch break, and i don't like to just sit there and be the only one not eating...but they convinced me to go. i was actually somewhat appalled by the whole affair. maybe b/c i feel so disconnected from those types of foods- we went to this big ritzy mall food court and it had basically everything you could think of. it was like an animalistic feeding frenzy. they jsut shovelled it all in, the wraps w/ bacon, beef, cheese sauce- everything dipped in ranch dressing- fries, chips, pasta, huge sodas...how is that in any way appealing? i could see how addicted they were to those things. then we came back to the office and they all had cake for someone's bday! and of course they all complained about how sleepy they were after that. meanwhile, i finally got to eat my fruit and i felt energized and good after eating! isn't that how food is supposed to make you feel? it just really made me see that raw is the right path for me.

anyway, food for today...breakfast sucked b/c i was out of everything! but i made it to the store to get some bare essentials to last til tomorrow when i'll go to the farmer's market.

-serving of raw cashews, then a little while later, an apple
-pecan pie lara bar (pretty good, really chewy) and banana
-smoothie w/ 2 bananas, strawberries, mango, splash of OJ
-walked in the hills for over an hour
-fruit salad w/ a mango and 1.5 c. strawberries (mmmmm)
-dinner will be carrots, tomatoes, red peppers and cukes dipped in hummus
-snack will be an apple

tomorrow is going to be kind of busy. i want to get to the farmer's market early, b/c my best friend just called and really needs a ride somewhere tomorrow night (to a job) but she has no car. i don't really have time b/c i'm going hiking w/my friend/ex/don't really know what to call him and i hate to be on a schedule, we like to just kind of go and get lost in griffith park. but i'll try to be on time, after all she is my best friend so i should drive her to this place. it's also a giant mansion on a private road so i kind of want to see it...she's babysitting for the guy who produces that TV show "heroes." i've never seen it but apparently everyone is crazy about it, lol. why she accepted the job when no buses run there, i'll never know. oh well.

nap time smiling smiley then cleaning time sad smiley

Current Page: 5 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables