Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Re: Back to the Basics- The Start of My Raw Food Life
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 20, 2007 12:07AM

Hey hun...oh those chakra necklaces can be googled and found easily..i ran across them the other day smiling smiley...they sound awesome i want one as well haha..but i didn't research into them just read the little brief description on google haha the sentence or 2 and was sold smiling smiley
oh yes lucky jeans are fabulous haha i love them!!!! hopefully soon you will have enough to get a new pair..you are working so hard you deserve them!!!!
you had a great day yesterday...seeing the effects of all your coworkers and then eating the fruit and feeling so well!!! that is aweosme and this path is the right one!! i feel that way too!! if i want to eat something raw and haelthy i can..just like the raw bars...oh well...they are raw and healthy..they aren't a snickers bar smiling smiley so if you want to eat them everyday go for it smiling smiley
you are doing marvelous....such a good friend too to take your bestie to the job...that is awesome for her to have a job though..hmm but yeah if she doesn't have a car that si tough haha...oh well she will figure it out hopefully huh??
no matter what you decide to do dear have awonderful time!!
take care
love always
sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: meow ()
Date: May 21, 2007 02:01AM

oooh man, i have a really bad headache. i wonder why i feel so good during the week, then on the weekends i feel headachey and tired? maybe b/c i don't have a lot of work to focus on? this is one of the worst headaches ever though. i didn't have time to sleep it off and it's just gotten worse. i feel sort of sick and i hope i feel better tomorrow at work. it may be b/c i ate too much fat yesterday. i didn't eat dinner, then ended up hungry later on and had an apple, banana AND another lara bar even though i'd already eaten one. way too much fat, and more calories than i've had since going raw! still less than 1800 calories total though, but i don't need anywhere near that many anymore.

so i kept it lower-fat today to try to get my body back to normal. here's what i ate:

-2 bananas
-apple
-3 dates (yes, i like these now! they just looked good so i bought them- and they are really good! so strange how my taste buds are changing!)
-smoothie w/ 2 bananas, strawberries, blueberries, mango
-fruit salad w/ mango, strawberries, raspberries
-half a chocolate coconut lara bar- woohoo, just half! this was the perfect amount, no need for a whole one in the future
-carrots w/ raw zucchini hummus, i made a new batch w/ 3 T tahini and 1 T EVOO, which is a bit less than i used to use, and it tasted great smiling smiley
-will have a salad w/ spinach, arugula, romaine lettuce, red peppers, carrots, cukes, tomatoes, sprouts, and raw dressing later when i get hungry
-may have an apple later tonight if needed

i go back and forth b/w wanting to do 811 and not caring about eating more fat. but i think i should really try to do at least 75-15-10 or something like that- getting the fat percentage down seems to make me feel a lot better, and i should detox faster, too. i just want to get the detox over with so i can start feeling amazing! so, this week, armed w/ my dates and HALF a lara bar a day (if even that), i will attempt to be as close to 811 as possible! wish me luck, lol.

oh and no hiking today- plans changed, it was cold and gray most of the day, plus i felt like i had an axe in my head. maybe next weekend? i rested today instead.

my mom is mad at me for being 100% raw. she hung up on me when i refused to take excedrin for my headache! i think it's sort of funny, but i also feel bad that she's concerned. but hello, taking toxins to get rid of a headache that's brought on by toxins already present in the body doesn't seem like the brightest idea. oh well! she can live her life and i can live mine.

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 21, 2007 02:26AM

Oh, Meow, I hope you can rest. I hope you go to bed early and get a nice long sleep. It will help so much. Your body will do so much detoxing while you sleep and you won't have to "be there", LOL.

Good luck with your mom's frustration. It is difficult when people around you don't understand these principles. You are absolutely right about the excedrin.

Stick with it. You're doing so well. We have to go through these detox sessions. I've gone through a few...just short term always followed (and preceeded by!) feeling better than ever.

Take it easy,
smiling smiley Elakti

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: May 21, 2007 03:56AM

hehe that's awesome .Don't you sometimes feel like you have a powerful secret to life when you see these people loading up on toxic foos. COngrats on size 2. I swear raw is the onyl thing ever that can help get over an eating disorder and help you loose weight safely at the same time. Your food sounds lovely. Have a good night. Still trying to catch up on your journal. I'll get there.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 21, 2007 06:33AM

Hey sugar plum!!! wow you did great today!!! congrats hun...you are doing so amazing i am just so giddy for you!!!! i might buy some dates again..haha my tastes haven't changed though haha i don't like them lol..oh well i will get there smiling smiley..or else my body isn't made for them ........well keep up your awesome work..sorry your mom was upset with you..but stick with what you believe and go for it huN!!! you are doing amazing....
so proud of you!!
love sach
oxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: noff ()
Date: May 21, 2007 06:53PM

mmmmMMMMmmm dates...I just had a handful for breakfast. The gooeyness is what I makes me like them so much! haha I get a variety though so some are goey, some hard. Anyway, I could talk about dates all day..
Yeah raw does seem to put a strain on some relationships but hopefully she'll be become understanding in the future. It's your mum, she loves ya.
I was in the same dilema about eating more 80/10/10 too. When I eat less fat I just feel better, but at the same time it's easier to stick to 100% raw when I eat more fat! I gradually eased out of eating lots of fat so maybe a slow ease towards less is best if you choose to do so. You are doing fabulously so just do what feels good for you. haha The official slogan of raw pretty much-listen to your body. hope you have a good day.smiling smiley

Date: May 21, 2007 06:57PM

Hey sweets...well another beautiful day!!! just wanted to say hello and see how life was treating you and wis you a wonderful day at work!!
!have fun
talk to you soon!
love sach
xoxoxooxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 22, 2007 04:10AM

thank you for all the support! you're all amazing smiling smiley

Elakti, starfruit & sachelle, thanks for backing me up a/b my mom. my mom thought it was ridiculous that i wouldn't take it. i tried explaining that my body is detoxing toxins like those found in excedrin, so taking it would just eventually give me another headache, but the she just went on and on about me being extreme. this was after she hung up on me, then called back to tell me she'd been crying b/c of me, and how can i do this to her, i'm jeopardizing my health, etc...it would have been funny (b/c it's so ironic) but i started to feel sort of bad. at the same time, i know i am not responsible for my mom's own psychoses- she's always been a worry-wart and someone who finds the negative in everything. i can't take responsibility for that. so instead of arguing like she kept trying to do, i told her i wouldn't mention anything about being raw anymore, so that she can pretend i'm not raw! she's funny like that. she likes to be in denial! she was really really mad, but she has no right to be mad at me, or try to bring me down for doing this, so i didn't let it get to me. i talked to her today trying to act like nothing had happened, but she was all mopey and angry. oh well! not my deal.

starfruit- yes, i do feel like i have some sort of secret to life w/ raw! people are always saying how "complicated" it is and my mom was saying how i just keep getting more and more "extreme"- but what is extreme about eating foods in their natural state? what is complicated about throwing some apples and oranges into your bag for lunch, or chopping some veggies and spritzing on some lemon juice? people have a very backwards way of thinking.

noff- dates ARE so good! if you hadn't suggested them earlier, i may never have tried them again! so thanks!

sach- just eat what feels right! maybe some day your taste buds will change. do you like dates in recipes w/ other things, or not at all?

anyway...still felt not so great today. i went to lunch w/ my coworkers b/c they decided to go to this place called "souplantation" just for me since they have a big salad bar! it was eh, not as good as super-fresh organic farmer's market stuff. it was amusing to watch them drown their veggies in creamy dressings and cheese and croutons and go back for thirds and fourths (yep, FOURTHS) of bread and ice cream and muffins...i do feel a little superiority complex where food is involved, which i know is bad, i am trying to tell myself that i'm not SUPERIOR, just ENLIGHTENED. that makes it sound a little better.

so here's what i had today- all fruit/veg except for hummus and a bit of olive oil on the salad at lunch!

-banana (not that hungry)
-another banana
-fruit salad w/ a mango, strawberries, raspberries
-salad w/ romaine, spinach, carrots, onions, green peppers, radish slices, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, squeeze of lemon, dab of olive oil
-banana, apple
-carrots w/ raw hummus
-walked for a little over an hour
-nectarine, then a bit later, a tomato that was soooo delish
-about to have an apple

wasn't very hungry today, except for the fruit salad- i got really hungry and was just craving mangoes like mad. i love them, i wish i had a mango tree in my courtyard! that would be so amazing, mangoes for free! they are so expensive but worth it.

well, i'm out, i'm going to relax w/ the cats since i don't feel so hot. hopefully tomorrow will be another low-fat, high-fruit day. i am thinking about making zucchinaghetti for dinner tomorrow- hopefully i'll be hungry for it, i haven't really been in the mood for a big dinner lately.

Date: May 22, 2007 05:40AM

hey hun...no i dont' like dates in anything haha..they aren't yummy at all to me..they are just kinda blah haha i can leave or take them either way i don't much care..but their little price of like 9 bucks a container is alittle much haha...oh well...

good for you stick with your beliefs and hand int here!!! you will work it out and your mom will see it is okay..but i know what you mean it is hard to inform others...

good for you catching yourself feeling superior to others with food and refocusing...that is good..cuz some others don't catch themselves and they become the mean people who think no one is right you know???
it is good to see that...you are soo awesome though i don't see you ever doing that to anyone or being mean even if you did start to become one of them haha..you are too sweet to REALLy turn haha

well hun have a wonderful day and keep up the good work!!
love sach
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 22, 2007 08:47PM

sach, you are the cutest! i always look forward to reading your input and advice on my journal! i can't wait to meet you, i really want to go to sea world and/or the beach! you're here til august, right? we need to make plans! wow, dates cost $9 by you? those must be the medjool. i got a pound of empress dates for $4 at the farmer's market. i wanted medjool but they were almost twice as much. the girl said it's b/c they have less of them.

anyway today's going well. i'm thinking it'll be another high-fruit, low fat day. here's what i had/am planning to have:

-half a chocolate coconut lara bar, banana
-another banana, then about 2 c. watermelon (first watermelon of the summer! yum)
-fruit salad w/ a mango, strawberries, blueberries and a banana
-about to go for an walk, maybe 50 mins., through bev hills
-will have 4 dates and an apple in the afternoon
-will have baby carrots for an evening snack
-will do 40 mins. of pilates and upper body strength moves at home
-will have zucchinaghetti w/ raw marinara (tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, garlic, basil & thyme, red pepper, maybe throw in some spinach??)
-will have a nectarine for a night time snack

fitday says that comes to 1189 calories and 15 g. fat (12%), 276 g. carbs (81%), 21 g. protein (7%). actually that's with the entire sauce recipe so it's probably just a tad less, but that's the general idea. sooo close to 811! i'm happy with that.

Date: May 22, 2007 09:03PM

omg i forgot about the most exciting part of my day so far! so i put in a couple of volunteer applications at local animal shelters, and so far 2 of them have gotten back to me (my top 2 choices b/c i just loved the descriptions on their sites!) and they both want me to volunteer! i'm going to an orientation and helping at an adoption event next saturday for one of them, called Much Love Animal Rescue. the other one, Kitten Rescue, wants me to volunteer at the shelter and adoptions as well as help them write their newsletters and press releases! i did writing, marketing & PR work for a nonprofit i worked for in college so that's why they want me to help them w/ that. i am so excited. i felt like i wasn't on the right track career-wise b/c i want to be working for an animal rights nonprofit, but can't take a job that pays any less than what my job pays now (and nonprofits don't pay enough). but i thought, that doesn't mean i can't still make a difference in the lives of abandoned and neglected animals. so this means so much to me. i'm so excited to go play w/ the animals! especially the kittens- they will remind me of my 2 kittens when they were babies. (my other cat was about 2 when i adopted her <3). anyway...i can't wait to start with that. i really want to be working in a shelter environment eventually, but i need to be financially secure, or live w/ someone else (ie, be married) so there's a second income coming in. but this is a great start smiling smiley

Date: May 23, 2007 01:37AM

Hi Meow----good job on the food intake.

And I am so happy about your volunteer work. That is such a good thing to do, good for you!

The zucchinaghetti sounds good, I used to make it. I thought I had zucchini, and I could've gotten some when I was at the store buying all that fruit! Next trip, I won't forget it!
Elakti

Date: May 23, 2007 05:20AM

hey sunshine!!! yay what an awesome day hun!!!! you did so well with the foodand exercise..and getting 2 volunteers accepting your applications that is fantastic!!! i volunteer at one in encinatas but i feel so bad cuz the past few weeks i have been so busy and not able to get there anytime..maybe sometime sooN!! i would love to help out and work with them again..they have bunnies too!! i love rabbits haha!!!

hmm yeah it is the medjool dates here...that is like al you can find..i found honey dates at jimbo's today though when i was looking..but other then that all you can find is medjool..hmm empress huh?? what do they taste like??

well hun good for you getting all this awesome stuff rolling in your life!!!!!!

i can't wait to meet up with you either...the beach will be so much fun...
yes i will be here till at least august 25th!!!!
take care hun

love sach
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 23, 2007 10:35PM

Hey ladies! And gents, if any are reading, lol. I’m going to update now b/c I know I’ll be busy cleaning the apartment and making some zucchinaghetti later, and I want to be able to browse other journals later as well, so I’d better write in mine now!

Elakti, I hate it when I go to the store and forget to buy something! Actually the opposite usually happens- I go needing maybe 4 things and come out with twice that many! Lol. I am sooo excited to start volunteering!! I have a feeling I’m going to want to quit my job and work at a shelter…not to mention I have to try not to adopt another cat or kitten, I don’t have any more room!

Sach, that’s great that you volunteer too! My mom is worried that I’ll transfer a disease or illness from the shelter cats to my cats. She got sort of mad at me when I told her I was going to start volunteering! I thought that was sort of funny. But anyway if I’m extra careful and wash my hands, clothes and shoes and/or bring a change of clothes I think it’ll be ok. Oh and Empress dates taste a bit less sweet and less carmel-y than honey dates. I’d bought honey dates before and couldn’t eat them, they were too sweet and gooey for me. empress are good! I’ve never had medjool though so don’t know which is better, lol.

Today’s going well. Despite yesterday’s blood sugar issues or whatever it was (wrote about it in 7 weeks raw thread), I haven’t been that hungry today and have definitely not had those huge blood sugar crashes that I got yesterday. I don’t know why that happened, as I ate what I usually eat. But I did have my allotted fat for the day earlier in the day today, as well as greens/veggies for lunch, in an attempt to keep my blood sugar and hunger stable. Seems to be helping I guess!

I just need to acknowledge a small victory. I know I was mad at myself for going off of my “plan” yesterday. But I need to remember that I stayed 100% raw, even though I was having major cravings (for bread and peanut butter, no surprise there!) and grocery shopped while I was starving! Even though I did have cravings, I still couldn’t fathom the idea of eating cooked food. I went through the bread aisle at trader joe’s on my way to get some lara bars, and even standing in front of it, even though I really really wanted it, I knew there was no way I was actually going to buy it and eat it. It was kind of weird, but in a good way! And I also proved to myself that I can control my hunger and be satisfied even with 100% raw, instead of “needing” cooked foods to go from totally empty to full. I think I needed to prove that, and it seems like a step in the right direction for me.

So…is organic wine really raw? I sort of want some now. Maybe if I have money left I’ll get a bottle and have a glass this weekend. Who knows. But only if it’s actually 100% raw, which seems too good to be true. Anyone know?

Food for today was/will be:

-chocolate coconut lara bar, banana
-banana, and later in the early afternoon, fruit salad with one (unfortunately not quite ripe) mango and about 1.5 c. strawberries
-salad w/ spinach, arugula, romaine, red peppers, carrots, cukes, small handful of sunflower seeds and ¼ c. or so of ACV for dressing (I really like this, you can still taste the veggies but have that tangy vinegar flavor in there too)…and an apple as well
-will have a banana and 2-3 dates (they’re too sweet to eat more!) and possibly a nectarine later on this afternoon/early evening
-hoping for a 3-mile run
-dinner will be zucchinaghetti! With raw marinara made from tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, red pepper, garlic, basil & thyme YUMMM!

Well c’est tout! I can’t believe how slow work is…they’re partying it up in Cannes, which means they’re too drunk to remember what they want us to do. I like it!

Date: May 24, 2007 07:44AM

hey hun....hmm never had any of them so i dont know hha...they sound interesting though smiling smiley i might look into the other ones as well winking smiley
you did great.....today was an awesome day and glad you didn't have any feelings of lower energy..(could be detox when you get it though) you are doing well!! take care hun!!! i hope that all the cats and kittens find homes and you won't have the want to take them home ....good luck!!!
wine the organic raw wine has to say raw on i wish i could remember who was talking about it one day..but there is one you can find it is rare and harder to find..but it says raw on it and it is truly raw..the others ones are cooked ....so i dont know ..but hey if it makes you feel better and helps you more power to you!!
love sach
xoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 24, 2007 07:44AM

hey hun....hmm never had any of them so i dont know hha...they sound interesting though smiling smiley i might look into the other ones as well winking smiley
you did great.....today was an awesome day and glad you didn't have any feelings of lower energy..(could be detox when you get it though) you are doing well!! take care hun!!! i hope that all the cats and kittens find homes and you won't have the want to take them home ....good luck!!!
wine the organic raw wine has to say raw on i wish i could remember who was talking about it one day..but there is one you can find it is rare and harder to find..but it says raw on it and it is truly raw..the others ones are cooked ....so i dont know ..but hey if it makes you feel better and helps you more power to you!!
love sach
xoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 25, 2007 02:34AM

hey hun! i decided not to have any wine for now. i used to love having a glass to unwind, but now i know i'd get trashed off of a glass and then end up feeling miserable! plus i don't know if i could find truly raw wine.

i felt pretty hungry most of the day today, and i really thought i had eaten a ton, but when i added it up on fitday it came out to much less than i thought! here's what i had:

-smoothie w/ 2 bananas, strawberries, some mango, blueberries, a splash of OJ
-lara bar
-banana
-fruit salad- the rest of the manog and more strawberries
-apple, 3 dates, banana
-walked for 1 hour and 10 mins.
-carrots w/ raw hummus- lots of both
-will have zucchinaghetti for dinner
-will have an apple, nectarine, or both

that's 1371 cals, 28 g. fat (19%), 287 g. carbs (73%), 25 g. protein (8%).

today was good- left work early, got a mani/pedi at this really posh place compliments of my boss, windowshopped, came home and went for a nice long walk...my mom also said she'll pay to have me go see a holistic doctor! i didn't ask for it but it's weird, i'd been thinking i really want to go see one. there's one very close to me and i passed it 2 weeks ago and have thought about making an appt. ever since, but i don't have insurance through work yet. but my mom brought it up on her own! kinda strange. stuff like that always happens to me. i also decided to look into feeding my cats raw (if i'm eating my "natural" diet, they should too!) and taking my youngest, the one who had a lot of health complications early in life and who has had an on/off UTI and bladder crystals, to a holistic vet for a check-up and some advice i actually feel good about taking. the real vets i've been to know nothing about nutrition and i feel like nutrition is key. gracie (the baby) doesn't seem to be doing as well as shima and noelle where health is concerned, and my intuition is telling me she needs special attention otherwise she'll have worse problems later in life.

well that's all- i'm about to do some abs & thighs pilates and some upper body strength exercises, then have dinner and hopefully watch the final episode of the bachelor on abc.com b/c i'm super lame like that!

oooh i am excited, i'm going to this vegan place called urth caffe w/ a friend on sunday. it's expensive and i've been putting off going, but now's the time! they apparently have great fruit plates and salads...exciting! nothing like spending a third of your grocery money for the week on one meal...hehe.

Date: May 25, 2007 03:04AM

hey there hun!!! that is good about the dr....don't worry insurance doesn't cover holistic unless you have holistic natural insurance..and i don't know of any places of employment that offer it..but i did see a company at the holistic fair a while back...so you don't have to think oh i should wait for insurance haha...i am lookinginto one down here too cuz i need to check some things on on me...let me know how that one goes..do you know how much he is by chance?? or can ir ead about him online?? i woud drive up there to see him if he is really good!!!
ooh yeah you should def feed your kitties raw..that is awesome for them!!! there is a pet section you should check it out!! lots of info on cats and raw and what not and a lot of options for cheap raw meats for them!! they can't be vegan or vegetarian it would kill them cuz they are natrual carnivores smiling smiley but it is amazing how the stories on the section of kitties thriving on a raw meat diet!!!!
good luck hun that is fantastic!! glad your mom is feeling okay..maybe this is her way of saying well i am willing to meet you half way..you see a dr make sure you are healthy and i will pay for a holistic dr....smiling smiley
good luck darlin..have a wondeful evening!!
love sach
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 26, 2007 12:19AM

Hey dear. Yeah I need to check out the raw for pets section! Lol I would never put them on a vegan or even veggie diet- they are little meat-eaters, that’s for sure! They had veggie dog food at the coop I shopped at in Vermont. But I just don’t think that would be good for them since it’s not at all close to their natural diet. I am totally disgusted by the idea of buying and cutting meat though. I don’t think I could do it. I have been looking into those pre-made raw foods b/c it really takes a lot to create your own complete raw pet food, you have to have the bones ground in and everything, and I think I would cry every time I made their food…we’ll see!

Is it ever going to be 6:00? Lol. Work is slllloooowww. Next week will be insane though. The guys will be back from Cannes and they have over 15 projects they just picked up while they were there, some sound pretty cool.

Anyway…well I’ve lost more weight, I’ve been afraid to weigh myself though! I doubt I’m under 100 though so that’s ok I guess. It just seems to come off no matter what I do, I am certainly eating when I’m hungry and eating as much as I want but you get so full on raw foods and it’s not like I can eat all day long- I already eat so often, people at work are always asking where I put it! But it’s only fruit at work so it’s not like they should think that would make me gain weight! Lol. Anyway my jeans are waaayyy too big, which sucks. I’m not spending money on clothes until august when my sisters come visit. By then I hope my weight will have stabilized and I can go shopping w/ them if I save up some money.

Anyway here’s today:

-smoothie w/ 2 bananas, strawberries, oj, mango, blueberries YUM
-lara bar (chocolate coconut! I went to WF before work to get fruit for my boss’s bday and I made them go check to see if they had more choc. coconut laras in the back b/c all they had out was an empty box. So glad I asked them to check!! That flavor goes so fast around here!)
-banana
-fruit salad w/ lots of mango, lots of strawberries
-banana and more mango! I can’t get enough of it
-will have carrots w/ raw hummus when I finally go home- 45 minutes now!
-a salad for dinner- spinach, arugula, red peppers, carrots, tomatoes, cucumber, 1/3 avocado, raw ACV
-if I need a nectarine I’ll have that, too

More fat than I usually aim for but maybe I need it.

Also not sure about a workout. I want to take today off since my legs are sore from running and doing insane hills yesterday, but this weekend will be super busy so it’d be better to workout tonight and take tomorrow or Sunday off…I will try to get up the motivation to do something!

I can't believe I've been 100% for almost 3 weeks now! I lost track, but it's somewhere around there. How awesome! No turning back, that's for sure.

Date: May 26, 2007 03:09AM

hey sweetie!!! yeah for sure check the site..i know some people try to feed the veggie vegan cuz it is hard if you are to chop up the stuff you know?? but hey it is their way of life the kitties need it lol...on the site they don't relaly chop anything up they just give them the meat with bone and all and they can chew it up and swallow and be fine...like pieces of chicken and stuff...i asked about the myth of choking and killing them or digetstive problems...it is ithe cooked bones that gets them cuz they are hard and splintery..and when raw they are still softer on the inside and break and chew up great with the natural carnivorous teeth those kitties have!!! so you should look at it..you won't relaly have to chop or grind anything..and a lot of them say that the butchers at local health stores will pre chop into sizes for you..or save the parts they don't sell for ya if you ask!!! so that is good!!!

oh i am glad you are doing so well on raw!! i wish i could say the same..that my clothes are falling off or the weight!!! i am going to go high fruit this week and see what that does..and just take more insulin!!!
well have a great weekend!!! do you work on monday??
big holiday!!!
take care
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 28, 2007 04:54AM

hey sach! i've been too busy to even check the raw pets forum...tomorrow i will! i'm so happy there's no work. honestly, i don't think i could even have a slab of raw meat in my kitchen. or any kind of meat for that matter. i get nauseaous when i walk by the butcher counter at grocery stores. i think i would probably get wild kitty pre-packaged raw cat food since they have that at the pet store i always go to, and it seems to have everything they'd need and exceeds the standards for cat nutrition and all that good stuff. i could not deal with meat. that's really pathetic, maybe some day i'll be able to. they're my children, i should be able to prepare their food! but meat makes me really sad...and ill...lol.

anyway i've been busy. i did post in 7 weeks raw though. not going to repost food here, but i do want to say i've been eating a little more fat this week (not every day this week but maybe half the days) and while i havne't noticed anything different energy-wise, i did get a pimple and my skin tone is not as smooth as it was eating mostly fruit. so i'm going to try to get the fat ratio down once again. it's really hard for me. i've been super hungry lately and fats get the calories in without having to eat and eat all day long. but i'll try, b/c i loved having perfect skin. i know it's only one pimple, but i got another one earlier in the week and that's not cool! so...i'm trying for 25 g. fat or less per day, like i'd been doing before my appetite decided to go crazy.

i went to urth caffe today- finally! i met a friend there- i actually don't know her very well but we have so much in common and she jsut moved out here, so i wanted her to feel more welcomed and comfortable. she's such a sweetie and i think we'll be hanging out a lot more. urth caffe is sooo good too. i got an organic mixed greens salad, it was just what i'd been craving all weekend. yum. apparently there's one in santa monica so maybe next weekend after i do that animal adoption event i'll go w/ my friend who lives near there. if you're in the LA area you should check it out, it's super yum.

umm that's it i guess...i'm so dead tired! i haven't been home all weekend, my poor cats were so deprived that now they're not leaving me alone! tomorrow i'm going to sleep til whenever i want (unfortunatley i can never sleep past 8:30 anyway...but we'll see) and then chill out for a bit, go hiking and hit up a natural foods market called erewhon for some of their cold-fusion, whole foods vitamins- i want to get b-12, iron and maybe calcium...or a good multi if they make one with decent amounts of these things, but those are the only vitamins/minerals i'm not getting adequate amounts of. anyway the brand that was suggested to me is mega foods, we used to sell them at the vitamin shoppe, and the cold-fusion processing means they're not heated to over 100 degrees so i guess they can be considered raw. i don't personally consider anything that's been heated at all to be raw, but i know that's technically not true since the enzymes are still alive under 116 degrees or whatever that number is...but anyway if they have those i will be soooo happy!

wow i'm so tired, i keep rambling. how can i have nothing productive to say? i guess i'm really settled into the routine of raw. even though i was out all day and was really hungry yesterday, cooked foods just weren't an option in my mind. it's sort of weird...how easy this is. maybe i shouldn't say that, i'll jinx it! anyway gotta go lay down!

Date: May 28, 2007 09:37AM

hey there hun..that cafe sounds yummy..sounds so familiar..earth cafe is one i have been too..but i am thinking it might be different cuz it is a different spelling..but maybe not haha i might be wrong...
hmm well have a wonderful evening and glad you are off work huN!!
take care
love sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 30, 2007 05:04AM

well i may not have much time to post in my journal this week! it's kind of too time consuming to post here and in the 7 weeks raw thread, especially since i just post the same thing here! but if something important happens i'll post here...i just feel like i've got this raw thing under my belt for now, and i don't need to post every single day. so you can find me on the 7 weeks raw thread, which i absolutely love! sach, i know i'll see you there, and a few others too!

Date: May 30, 2007 05:08AM

hey there..well have a great day!! sorry we are losing ya haha...i know it is hard sometimes though people just trickle out of the journal haha...oh well we will see ya around smiling smiley
take care dear and have a fabulous day ...
you are doing great!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 02, 2007 07:46PM

Meow--so sorry to hear about that awful exprience. I hate to see animals in the street. That is a hard thing. And then, the car bump...at least you weren't hurt. The only scar is a stupid samich. It is so understandable, what a strong trigger THAT was. You are amazing in that you just had the samich...If I had done that I probably would've gone stark raving mad and continued with worse stuff. Just carry on now with your rawfoods. You are doing so well, that can just be chalked up to part of the process. We will all be dealing with such things for a long time. And we'll have to learn to let it go and carry on.

Have a better day! You're doing really well.
Elakti

Date: June 02, 2007 08:49PM

hope you have a better day
love earthangel
xoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 15, 2007 02:18AM

well i am sort of back to my journal- i have decided to slowly progress towards 811 and am using this journal to plan the next day's meals so i am armed with a plan when cravings or strange situations hit. so...just plain and simple, tomorrow's plan is:

b: my usual smoothie w/ 2bananas, strawberries, mango, fresh-squeezed OJ
s: 2 bananas
l: not really sure yet, i don't have much left! maybe apple/banana and lara bar?
s: apple & the rest of the mango
s: banana & some baby carrots
w/o: 3 mile run + abs
d: raw zucchinaghetti plus one glass of organic wine smiling smiley
s: dates! i keep forgetting about them b/c they're not as good as the ones i had before...sadness, but must eat them anyway

oh and i guess i should say why i want to try 811 and what i hope to accomplish:

-more energy
-feeling happy and radiant most of the time (although i already am really happy)
-peace of mind
-wouldn't mind losing 5 more lbs winking smiley even though i'm thin for my height i'd still like to get rid of some thigh flab if my body will let me!
-everyone says it's the best thing ever so i may as well try it, right??

Date: June 15, 2007 03:39AM

hey there glad to see you are going to try to get back to 100% and do the 811!!! that is awesome glad to hear it...good luck
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 16, 2007 05:29AM

hey sweetie! i feel like i havent "talked" to you in so long sad smiley i know we're both on the 7 weeks challenge but it's not the same as journals- i need to head over to your journal soon! i promise i will smiling smiley

today was good, 100% raw and not too much fat, probably about...oh, 25 g. for me that's not much at all! lol.

plan for tomorrow:

-smoothie w/ 2 bananas, mango, 2 strawberries (all i have left!) and OJ
-banana ice cream made w/ 2 bananas
-raw mixed nuts (brazil, pecans, almonds, cashews, some other type i think...) and raisins
-carrots & raw hummus
-zucchinaghetti & side spinach salad
-apple & banana

planning on going for a 4-ish mile run and doing abs pilates.

i'm beat, time for sleeeeep. this week has been so very long.

Date: June 16, 2007 05:56AM

hey there hun...well i am glad you did so well today dear...haha i know i feel like i haven't talked to you in forever too..it isn't the same on the challenge..that is why i devote more time into the diary THEN the challenge you knwo haha...
well keep up the good work hun...glad you are keeping up with it...
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables