Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My Experience on the MASTER CLEANSE
Posted by: benetgirl ()
Date: April 19, 2007 03:05PM

Sio this is me again, benetgirl...

I'll be keeping 2 journals FOR MYSELF!!! One to blab about and this will be a short one, and only to report my experience on my Master Cleanse diet. Maybe it will help or encourage or even join me on this. I am planning on doing for ten days and hopefully more.

I't already DAY 2.

1. I'm 5'7 and 169lb. Need to drop the lbs!!!

2. My skin is at its worse. I even have acne almost on my neck and little on my chest. I look like crap, zero glow and dont look and fell pretty or healthy inside.

3. I have zero motivation, only enough to do this diet. Don't feel like exercising.

I'll keep this up and post my changes.

Re: My Experience on the MASTER CLEANSE
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 19, 2007 05:41PM

hey there...good luck on the MC...you could of kept your same diary silly.....but if easier for you then so be haha.....well take care and keep up the good work!!!!! you will be glowing in no time smiling smiley
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 19, 2007 07:44PM

haha earthangel...

I know its a little silly.. hehehe but my confessions diary is there for eternity and how ill continue my raw challenge. The Master cleanse diary is for only for that.. and more of a detailed report that will keep me in check!!! and details on all the changes that will affect me on the MC. ALso so i can look back on this diary and be able to be encouraged to do it again. does that make sence???

RIGHT NOW I AM IN THE MC PATH, I LIVE IT, DRINK IT, THINK IT....I AM NOT REALLY THINKING ABOUT THE RAW DIET ILL DO AFTER IM DONE... ITS ALL ABOUT THE LEMONADE CLEANSE BABY.......... I WILL MASTER THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! smiling smiley

Date: April 19, 2007 08:07PM

good for you whatever works!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 20, 2007 04:06PM

DAY 3

I weigh 166 lbs. Feel ok. Last night stayed up very late w my friends watching tv. But resisted in joining them eating cooked food, even though they begged me. I was very cold last night, and still am throughout the day. My stomach growls every once in a while. Still havent gone to the gym due to lack of energy. But feel very strong about continuing this fast. Ive decided to do it for more than 10 days. I have a very important event coming up in May, so I'll need to cut it before then, so I will be able to eat, and not fast.

I drink between 5-8 lemonades a day, but stop at 6pm. And definetely going by the book. No cheating!!!!

Till TMRW. smiling smiley

Date: April 20, 2007 06:28PM

hey there good job keeping with the fast...the MC is a good fast!!! i always wanted to do it...but i can't do the maple syrup cuz it isn't raw.....some have said that you can replace it with agave but i don't know if it works as well for them it has....but hmm i always wish i could do it haha...but i am too strict on my body about sticking with raw....so i will live through you haha!! keep up the good work!! take care hun
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Date: April 20, 2007 07:32PM

Still DAY 3

Ok, its 3 pm. my stomach is growling out of control. Me want food !!!!! Walked around for lunch, came back to office, had my lemonade. Feel tired. cant wait to go home and crash. Ahm.... yeah...

NOTE TO SELF: Remember where ul be SOON mentally and physically. U are 3 days closer to your goal.

thanks angel winking smiley And i did hear that agave is not as strong. habe u ever tried a juice fast???

Posted by: Monark ()
Date: April 20, 2007 11:41PM

Go for it benetgirl - you will be detoxing for awhile - that's why you're tired smiling smiley Just take it easy - don't worry about working out - your body is busy getting all the bad stuff out ! Good for you on resisting the temptations from your friends !!!

I have heard that agave works very well as a substitute.

Hang in there - the rewards will be worth it !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: April 21, 2007 03:17AM

hey there...keep up the awesome work!!! you are doing good!!! yes did a juice fast at OHI a place i have went to with my mom...andi have done a long water fast on my own.....
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Posted by: Cypher_X ()
Date: April 22, 2007 03:30PM

I definitely need to do the Master Cleanse again. I've only done it for one day before caving in and eating a tons of food (SAD foods).

In fact, I'll begin my cleanse the week my roommate goes on vacation in two weeks.

Date: April 22, 2007 11:32PM

hey there how are you doing with your MC??? i hope all is well....take care and keep up the good work
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 23, 2007 04:50PM

Friday afternoon got my period. Friday night pain. Then watched tv and got reallly deppressed, cried a little over nothin.. maybe its the movie i saw.. But WTF !!!!!!!! I haven't been this depressed over nothing in a while.... over nothing...

Day 4

4:45 AM

Woke up with excruciating pain of cramps and and cramps associated with the smooth move tea. Went to the bathroom!!!! SORRY TO BE SO BLUNT, BUT THIS IS REALITY LADIES... Needed to go to my weekend job as a waitress and couldnt call out. So i took an iboprufen, (had to otherwise i was gonna pass out from pain) Came to work, still in pain, but able to work. Smelled all the food and wanted to eat it all. It was a tough day and very exhausting on my body due to running around, carrying heavy trays and dealing with asshole customers while on my period!!! and fasting!!! Survived!!! Came home and crashed. But that night, more cramps, very little sleep. Oh, and before I forget I had like 5 HUGE GULPS OF THE MAPLE SYRUP!!!!! smiling smiley smiling smiley hahaha i was like the hell with the juice, i need the sugar... LOL Mnam it was good, my cravings got the best of me. But at least I didnt eat the cooked food.

Day 5

Went to work again...not as much pain,and iboprufen free... Still very tired, and craving food, so i too anther gulp of the maple syrup, and then another one. smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley pants feel looser.

Woke up at 5 am to go to the bathroom. My smooth move tea kicked in. I hate waking up this early!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just to use the bathroom.

Day 6

Back at the corporate world...and behind my desk...where i need my mental clarity...

161 lbs. So an 8 lbs. lost...

My skin hasnt improved though...I WONDER WHY??? My face is less bloated and my pants feel better. Better mental clarity and less emotional.

Date: April 23, 2007 05:26PM

hey there awesome...glad you are doing well...sorry about the cramps and yucky feeling.....hmm your seem to be doing really well that is exciting!!! good for yoU!!!! keep up the awesome work and the weight loss.....

hey i just wanted to give you a hint...the maple syrup isn't raw..you can't buy raw syrup.....so most people try to sub it in the receipe that are raw...but i think it is cool as long as you know it isn't raw so that way when you go back to raw you know so you don't get used to having it...seems like you are really enjoying it haha lately....but whatever works for your body you know?? i was just letting you know before you really loved it and it was a staple food...smiling smiley...not trying to be mean......

well have a wonderful day today and hope all is well with you...sounds like everything is going SMOOTHLY hha...keep it up....and enjoy life...that is what is it most important....
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxooxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 23, 2007 05:49PM

hey angel, smiling smiley

Whats up???

Yeah i figured that it isnt raw, after like the second day.. but thats ok for now.. but supposedly agave does not work as well and doesnt have all the nutrients and vitamins. But I already bought agave nectar and will do 50/50. One juice with maple, one w agave. But after fast is over bye bye maple...

And I would never assume u were being mean. thats what this forum is for, to advise and support. Imagine if i dint know??? or would never find out. So especially with me, please tell me like it is. I dont like anything sugarcoated.
smiling smiley

Date: April 24, 2007 03:55AM

haha you are too cute...yeah i think for the fast it is fine...but my darn mind plays tricks on me sometimes hah and i get obsessive about it myself...but can totally relate to others and think it is great haha...but i was to do this or that i am like what the heck are you doing lol...anyways hun you are doing great on your fast keep it up!!!! you are probably feeling so amazing huH???
well take care and keep on keeping on!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 24, 2007 05:24PM

DAY 7

No report since last night. But today i woke up as usual. Same routine. Weighed myself. And no weight loss. I'm still 161 lbs. sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley

And I can't say that I have this bursting energy yet. Maybe because i couldnt sleep last night, at all. Took me forever to go to sleep. So I am tired today.

And another thing. This part annoys me. I am soooo freakin emotional since on this lemon cleanse. I cant even go to detail. I keep thinking of my childhood, people i miss, people i want to be with. things i missed out on, things im not doing. where i need to be in my life. i feel like crying. i wouldnt say i am depressed, but soooo emotional. I hate it. makes me wanna stop the cleanse. I cant take it. But i know i have to continue!!!! I must. And i hate how i let my body go. aaahhh. inside and outside. i have so many lilttle acne scars on my face from breaking out recently. and my body is so out of shape. I dont even wanna be at work today. but even at home i think about it.... hhmmm

And I just need to get out of this misery that im feeling right now. And theres nothing and no one can do about it. I know this for sure. sad smiley

Date: April 24, 2007 08:42PM

hey girl..yay you the MC is working....i am not doing the cleanse but on raw detox i am going through the emotional thing right now...i feel the same way i went to a private college andm issed out on the 4 year university life...i msis my friends and family i am moving home after being out here 5 years.....i am missing out on everyone's life....i have the same emotions you are not alone...and last night i left a big huge post aboutm y roommie eating my food haha cuz i was soo upset...so don't worry it's not just you it's the cleanse and i hope it goes away...but i think it is good...we will feel amazing after our body's are cleansed of these thoughts and emotions you know?? left with nothing but the best!!!! TAKE CAREAND I AM HERE FOR YOU IF YOU NEED SOMEONE!!
love eartangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 24, 2007 10:27PM

hjey angel..

THIS WAS POSTED ON THE OTHER POST WHERE I REPLIED TO YOU ON UR ROOMIE.. BUT HERE IT IS:

hey angel,

ok, don't wanna be rude and i hope u won't take it that way, but here i go....

WTF, WTF, and WTF??????????????? Why are u being so weak????? You are such a strong beautiful woman!!! She clearly has the control in that house and over u, why? because she can and u are allowing her, especially by hiding ur food????

Out of this whole website, you are the one always advising, and supporting us. You are our angel!!!!! SO WHY CANT YOU BE ONE TO YOURSELF?????? Always sharing your kindness to us.

Your roomate is a B#$&* !!!!!!!!!!!11 and u know it. You need to put your food back in the fridge and either tell her how you feel with kindness. Or when she takes your food you will just have to spill the beans. and remind her of the oil and onions. and how she always takes your "organic food".

And i can relate to this cause my roomate, she is good, but people always take advantage of her. pisses me off. I uesd to defend her. When she lent people $, I had to remind others to pay her back. Me and my friend always stood up for her. But we are tired cause she lets herself be abused. And the last she really did it. she subleted her room to someone for a month, and the person didnt even pay her. she expected i think for me to ask for the money. but no way. i was very upset over this... cause i am a very nice person as well as giving. But I respect myself. Who will protect me if i wont. So please let her know. she wasnt afraid or greedy to let u know not to takethe oil!!!!

Being raw means more than eating healthy. Its a lifestyle. which includes to Be good to yourself and stand up for you and your precious heart. But you already know that....

Can u change roomates????

Hope it works out for you. Do let me know. smiling smiley

Date: April 25, 2007 03:09AM

hey there..well i have mentioned it to her and she says she didn't take it...like i hadn't seen her yet and i just came home and asked her if she had some of my tomatoes and a few of my grapefruits...she said...but i know she did..the bowl was in the sink and the peels were in the trash..she is like must be from you...so she is lying to my face..so i don't know what to think about that....well i am moving in a few months like end of june...so for nowi am letting it go cuz once i did confront her and ask her she denied it anyways...so i don't want to fight about it or argue i am fine with keeping my citrus and all my tomatoes in the room haha it will be fine..if they are still going to disppear while int he kitchen i would rather put them in my room and have them here to eat when i want to come home and snack on them smiling smiley
tahnks for the thoughtful words though...i am glad i wasn't just being crazy and this is a bigger deal then i thought...
thanks
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 25, 2007 08:36PM

DAY 8

160 lbs. and very lethargic........ weird i am sleepy, but once i get home i cant sleep... whats up w that.... Actuaaly i dont even wanna type this. but i must cause its my diary, and if i ever hesitate to do this cleanse ever again, all i need to do is look back on this and realize that it s possible... so i must continue to work and then go buy soem organic lemons and head home to my bed. Energy where r u??????????? I dont understand how some people can exercise....

Posted by: thinkingraw ()
Date: April 26, 2007 12:12AM

oh, cheer up benet!!!

it sounds like you're feeling really bummed right now...geez, being emotional is no fun. and while you're on period??? ugh. i've been emotional too recently (roomie troubles, surprise surprise)...and i feel really big and sluggy and like i'm going to be big forever. the thing to remember though is that we're working to get past where we are right now. and we're going to get past where we are. being raw is going to change so much for us.

but you are doing so so so so so well! think about it. you've gone EIGHT days without eating! you've lost 9 pounds! while ragging! while going to work!!!! that's insane. i can't imagine doing that. i'm SO proud of you, just so you know. you are doing such an amazing thing. i'm proud of you. you should be proud of you. we're all proud of you.

good luck. can't wait to hear from you.

question: would you recommend the MC to others? i.e., me smiling smiley

Date: April 26, 2007 03:58AM

hey there girl down be down on yourself...you are doing great!!! i on the other hand had a total melt down today...i haven't had one in so long..now i am tired lethargic and gross haha...
keep on keeping on..you are doing great!! i know the feeling though all you want to do is sleep but then you get there and can't seem to haha..what is up with that....
well take care you!!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 26, 2007 07:13PM

DAY 9 & 159 lbs.

Last night i had a major migraine and my ears hurt from it. Today i still feel a slight headech. Today i took the stairs insted the escalator. WOW did I get dizzy.... Not as tired as yesterday. Leaving the office early today to work at a champagne party tonight. It will also be tough saying NO to champagne and sipping on my lemonade... Fun.. Can't wait... Good times...

Also I havent been breaking out, but my skin still doesn't look good.

Ansd thanks ladies for the support. Hopefully i will be more cheerful after my whole 21 days. Have a big dinner coming up omn MAy 10th.

And thinkgraw..

Yes, I actually would recommend it to you. Why? Even though I am not bursting w energy and hanging from the chandelier, I def think more clearly!!! I have all tese ideas coming in me. I am accomplishing more mentally, getting more comp work done, and reading. I think it woul work for u, because once u r on the lemonade diet theres no if or buts. YOU JUST ARe. And now that u r studying for finals, it will help u to concentrate better, w out thinking what u will eat, or what to not eat and or how bad u felt for eating something and now u r bloated and cant study. all of that is eliminated. And ull save money.

Till next day.

Date: April 26, 2007 08:20PM

Hey there....good work today keep up the good job.....glad to hear all is welL!! take care of yourself
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 27, 2007 09:16PM

DAY 10 and 157 lbs.

Ok lost 2 lbs, I think its due to the fact i worked late last night and had lots of movement. And thats it, nothing else has changed.... surviving, and feel very happy about doing this cleanse, except tha lack of energy.

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 28, 2007 01:01AM

ello benetgirl :] man i feel exactly how u felt at the beginning of the fast,,i should fast, youve inspired me! grinning smiley

youve done so great! the dizziness thing is so annoying im not even fasting and im dizzy everytime i get up,, idk how u do it!! lol amazing seriously
idk wen im gunna fast i want 2 right now,, but i hav a fridge full of food, so i dont think itll b happening anytime soon :[ o well

you are doing amazing!! keep going !
peace benetgirl

Date: April 28, 2007 03:44AM

hey love yay you and 2 more pounds....way to get moving more too!!! keep up the awesomeness huN!!! you are doing so good!!!!!
take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 02, 2007 05:02PM

Day 15 & 155 lbs.

Only a 2 lb weight loss in 5 days. Haven't posted since friday cause i just didnt feel like it. I've been just trying to make it from day to day...

My stomach sometimes still growls. I can resist the food... Still no energy and I have these slight headechs/mini mini migraines almost everyday.

And the worst part of it all, I am beyond depressed and frustrated. Don't know whether to sit or stand. I want to crawl out of my skin and dissapear. My routine has been mainly waking up, coming to work, sometimes i space out in front of the computer, try to pretend im happy in front of my co-workers. Sip my lemon juice and water throught out the day, feel tired and like blah at the end of the day. Take the train home, have my tea, watch tv and sleep. Don't feel like reading, talking to my friends, don't feel like going out. Prety much nothing excites me. So i def am not experiencing that rush or that good feeling that people get after those 10 days.

And thank u ladies for all ur support, which i appreciate. But i think I need more, some magic force from God to help me out. Cause nothing else is doing it. I wasn't this depressed on the non raw foods. ah... I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHATS WRONG W ME. I HAVE READ ABOUT EMOTIONAL DETOX, BUT NEVER TRULY BELIEVED IT. I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND IT AND HOW IT WORKS........ your emotions can't come out through detoxing, through your urine, or your skin... only chemicals and waste can. I'm so ready to roll out of here right now (my work)..and i just got here.... till tmrw..

Date: May 02, 2007 07:49PM

hey there..wow emotional detox is a deep thing..and you are right you can't get rid of it through skin and urine it is released in your feelings and physical actions...you will express your feelings and rid it of all the emotional baggage..that is probably some sort of your depression right now...did you have depression and thise feelings before going raw and on the cleanse?? things will come up you felt before and had forgotten or hidden away..but it is a good thing cuz it is coming through and getting out...so that you can be peaceful and happy!!!! yay..that is a plus
keep it up hun..take care and i am sending good vibes and prayers your way
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 03, 2007 09:36PM

ok, im back again

DAY 16 and 154 lbs.

How do I feel. Like crap. I posted this on the general forum as well:

"I have had headechs all along. Soemtimes they are mild, but my ears hurt, and sometimes my bones, like the front face hurts... or just the left side of my head. and today i have had these symptoms all day, cant function at work, feel tired, and I WANT TO THROW UP!!!!!!! BADLY.... I have so much work to do, and i cant even look at the computer and think. I wanna go home but cant. sad smiley "

I have done 10 juice fasts before and never felt this bad on them. After 3 days on juice fasts i felt ok... but this MC is killing me...

I hope i throw up and this feeling will go away. but theres nothing to throw up, only water and lemon. is this detox... and why so late???

and i just broke my mc cleanse by drinking my kombucha tea cause its bubbly. and helped me burp. so i burped my way through... aahhhh.... feel better... very less nauseated... feel like eating bread or a cracker...something dry...

till tmrw...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables