Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Living and Raw Foods Lifestyle
Posted by: Ksee ()
Date: April 30, 2007 03:16PM

Ok...I have decided to start this journal because it will help keep me honest.

I would like to introduce myself to the community: I am a 40 yr. old female and I live in Western NY State. I am a certified Dog Instructor/Educator. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about 2 yrs. ago now...I have struggled all my life with this and with severe hypoglycemia. I have had every test under the sun and my results were always the same...NEGETIVE! I was put on Metformin 1000mg/dayand Starlix 3x's/day. I am an advid walker and eventually I was taken off of the Starlix...this medication lowers bs. I started seeing an Endocrinologist and they wanted me to do a hostipalized 72hr. fast...to get blood during my crashes. The problem was...I crashed after having breakfast. I would check my bs in the morning before breakfast and it would be great...83-94 then AFTER eating it would drop to 43-54! This would be EVERY day. Needless to say, I was discharged after 24hrs. b/c my bs were normal. This illness had totally taken over my life. I could no longer work, walk or basically pursue anything in life...without the constant worry of crashing! A month ago I had a bad bs crash and I said to myself, there has to be something that I can do to help myself...but what?? I decided to become a vegetarian and after a week of that I went to Vegan. I still felt that I could more but I didn't know what...then I came across Raw Foods...I kicked myself up a notch and well, here I am! LOL

I wanted to be 100% Raw but I realize that I may not be able to. I enjoy seafood too much. That is the only thing I have that is NOT raw. As for cleansing, I use a daily colon cleanse...it is called COLON CLEANSE and can be purchased via drugstore.com...cheaply or GNC.

I have for breakfast: Steele Raw Oatmeal with Raw Sugar. Then about 1-1.5hrs. I have a smoothie.

Lunch: Salad

Dinner: Small piece of fish with a salad or Raw Slaw or Raw Applesauce, water or tea.

Snack: Fruit

Well, I hope whoever reads this finds the story worthwhile smiling smiley

I will try to be faithful and journal everyday.

BIG NEWS...last year I had to give up walking in the morning b/c my bs crashes were too severe. After starting this lifestyle I have felt incredibly good AND WALKED this morning...I was excited. I always walk with one of my dogs...I have 5 dogs and 4 cats and a 55gallon aquarium. 3 of my dogs are Irish Setters and 1 Chocolate Lad and 1 Aussie mix. My pack is awesome LOL!!!!

Have a great day!

Ksee ( One of my Irish Setter's)

Ksee@rawfoods.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Living and Raw Foods Lifestyle
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 30, 2007 07:14PM

Hi there....glad you decided to make a journal after all...i sw that you were haivng some trouble debating on how you felt about the journal haha....but it is a good thing and if you don't end up liking it then you can always stop.......But i think you will find it great..therie s a lot of support and love on this section of the forum!!!! yay you for joining us.....
as you know i am a type 1 diabetic and i struggled with bs crashes all the timetoo cuz i was constantly monitoring my bs with insulin and keeping it normal so that i didn't get too high...but with raw it has been better till recently hmm werid...but anyways welcome and congrats.....and yay you for walking again!! that is awesome
i look forward to following your raw journey!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 30, 2007 11:36PM

Well, I had dinner and I had the following: broccoli crowns, tomato, chick pea patty, (Morning Star) and a piece of homemade bread with Raw Honey. I actually have found that my energy level is improved. I am not so knocked out tired at the end of my day.

Tomorrow will start another day...Kewl :p

Ksee@rawfoods.com

Date: May 01, 2007 04:24AM

hey there..yay you for eating healthy and mor raw today!!! enjoy your evening...
have a good night
love earthangel
xoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 01, 2007 11:41AM

It is 7:35am and I had my usual breakfast: Steele Raw Oatmeal with Raw sugar and 1 cup of coffee...I know I know.

I am enjoying a fruit smoothie b-4 showering and heading off for my morning walk. This helps my bs from crashing.

I tried to make a green smoothie last night...let's just say...YUCK! I am NOT a "greenie" person. I also attempted to break into my coconut...to no avail. So, I gave it to my husband to take to work. He will attempt to crack it open with a HACK SAW! LOL I will post results hehehehe

Our local Applebee's is burning at the moment!

That is all for now.

Later

Ksee@rawfoods.com

Date: May 01, 2007 07:28PM

Hi there..hmm sorry you are having such trouble with the coconut that isn't good..you don't have a cleaver?? that is the best really works well!!!!
oh wow the applebee's is burning that's sad...hmm prism said there is salad you acn get there that is completely raw..with guac and salsa andall sorts of yummies hah....i will have to ask her think it was the santa fe minus a few things!!!!

hmm well have a gret day hun
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 01, 2007 09:49PM

My Raw Report:

Lunch was a large spinach salad with sprouts, tomatoes, green pepper, onion, sweet onion, sweet potato(chopped), cukes and that might be it.

Dinner just consisted of raw broccoli and fruit with a sliver of sponge cake and a smidge of cool whip...hehehehehe

After lunch I felt bloated and wasn't able to shake it. I wasn't really hungry for a meal at dinner, so I did the short version.

Will write more later.

Ksee@rawfoods.com

Date: May 02, 2007 04:14AM

hey there...congrats on a good day!!!
keep up the good work
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 02, 2007 02:23PM

Alrighty...breakfast was and will remain the same as in my other posts. I just got in from my 2 mile walk and cleaning my dog pens. It is 10:11am my time.

I am eating a cantalope, mm'mmmm

Lunch is going to be a small spinach or green leaf salad.

I am going to be cutting wood all afternoon...It is clear and sunny here in Western NY State! Woohoo

I am letting go of having sponge cake. This means I am about 95% RAW!

I am also considering maybe starting up my business again next year. I would offer Doggie DayCare/Training at my place. I use to go out to the clients home. But, I am experiencing more energy...allowing me to be active all day. I am not sure what I will do...My impluse is to just do it now. However, I am holding off trying to train myself to live OUTSIDE the all or nothing box. Sheese, look at me rambling on about this. I am just thrilled at the changes a raw lifestyle has made. I am going into my 1st month!!!!

My only vices I still hold onto : my morning coffee and a thin slice of wheat or rye bread with raw honey after my meals. The bread is made in a bread machine. I haven't bought store bread in months. I haven't bought OR consumed diet soft drinks in months as well. I must say...water is getting boring...however, I am not a juice person and I have my smoothie later in the morning before I go on my walk.

Well, that is all for now. Happy reading!

Thanks for all the great feedback. I appreciate it very much!

Ksee@rawfoods.com

Date: May 02, 2007 07:12PM

I think tomorrow I am going to try a marinara sauce Diana was nice enough to pass along.

Tonight...I will have slaw and maybe applesauce all raw. And a Veggie chick pea patty.

Ksee@rawfoods.com

Date: May 02, 2007 07:46PM

hey there..awesome day hun...keep up the good work...i hope you are able to open your business back up if that is what makes you happy!! yay raw isn't it amazing makes you feel so good and get rid of so many negativities...take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxxo
p.s...raw applesauce is sooo yummy!!! enjoy....

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 02, 2007 11:30PM

My dinner consisted of Raw slaw, raw applsauce and a chick pea pattie (Morning star)

I made an appointment with my doctor to discuss taking less of some medication I am on. I am looking to cut down by 1 pill. I take this medication 3x's/day. I have been forgetting to take my lunch one and I have felt ok. I attribute that to the raw food lifestyle. Also tomorrow, I am going to NOT take nexium. I was having very bad acid reflex...due to the meds. I take 3x's/day...however, with the food changes I have made...I am thinking that I should be ok without it. If not, I start it back up.

Will write more tomorrow after my appointment. I go in at 9:15am

It is now 7:30pm

Good Night All!

Ksee@rawfoods.com

Date: May 03, 2007 07:22AM

hey there..yay you for taking less meds!!! that is great!!! i am sooo happy for you hun...
good dinner sounds yummy!!! keep up the good work you are doing great!!! i hope the dr visit goes well hun!!! i think stopping the nexiumm will be fine..i used to get really bad acid reflux from all the meds i was taking too....i took 4 extra strenth pills 2 times a day...every day...but when going raw i stopped taking them..so that is something i think will help you as well!!
take care hun and good luck
love earthangel
xoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 03, 2007 03:03PM

Had my doc appointment this morning and it went VERY well. He says he is impressed with my new lifestyle. In 2 months I go for some lab work...just to check things like my liver, cholesterol, trigyl, cbc...stuff like that. Then in 6mons. I go back to see him AND have another panel of blood-work done this time including the thyroid. I can officially reduce my medication intake...from 3x's/day to 2x's/day! WOOHOO!!!!

Well, lots to do this afternoon...it is now 11:00am and I need to eat my lunch. Then I am working on the property...mowing and or tilling or both :0)

Take Care everyone.

PS...I am attempting to make a Raw Marinade sauce to at dinner tonight...

PSS...I bought a juicer!

Ksee@rawfoods.com

Date: May 03, 2007 05:33PM

Hey there.....oh goodie you got a juicer!!! that is awsome...what kind did you get?? how exciting..i just got mine theo ther day but i am loving it smiling smiley...congrats and have fun with that!!!!
yay for you only taking 2pils officially from the dr....and for him supporting what you are doing!! that is fantastic..glad to hear that..i would love supportive dr..but for now i am dealing with it....that is my next goal to find a dr who supports the raw lifestyle with all of my health challenges ......so i hope i find someone...
well hun have a great day and enjoy your lucnh...what sort of marinade are you making for dinner? for lettuce greens or what?
hmm enjoy
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 03, 2007 11:41PM

Well, needless to say my attempt at tonight's marinara sauce...was too gross to even give to my dogs! I think I added too many mushrooms. it looked like puppy poo tongue sticking out smiley

Saturday I will be shopping for the week and will attempt again.

I purchased a Hamilton Beach Juicer. I have fresh orange juice chilling in the fridge to have tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow will be my first day with NO coffee or caffiene. I am expecting some detox symptons. Oh well, part of the price you pay for getting healthy.

Any ideas on green smoothies??

Ksee@rawfoods.com

Posted by: Monark ()
Date: May 04, 2007 05:16AM

Here's a recipe from the Sproutman's Kitchen Garden book - it's really good - but loaded with calories smiling smiley smiling smiley Feel free to make adjustments :

1 Cup apple juice
1 banana
1 teaspoon spirulina
1 tablespoon bee pollen
1 Tablespoon lecithin granules
1-2 dates, chopped

Grind in a coffe grinder, then add to the above mix:
2 Tbsp sesame seeds OR 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
10 - 12 almonds
2 Tbsp flax seeds

I usually add in a little water to thin this out a bit - it's too thick for my taste. Sometimes I add in 1/2 Cup Aloe juice as well.

Blend all of this stuff together and enjoy - I usually add a bunch of alfalfa sprouts in there too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 04, 2007 05:48AM

Hey Ksee...you had a great day today!! yay you!!! keep up the good work...enjoy that yummy oj in the fridge it will be devine..!!! have a wonderful day.....
sorry about your sauce..hmm yeah i don't add mushrooms...i will add a few cut ones AFTER i make the sauce....to thicken it you can add the red bell peppers and a dab of olive oil...or you can throw some veggie pulp from the juicer inthere!!!
enjoy
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 06, 2007 06:33PM

Will write tomorrow and update journal.

Ksee@rawfoods.com

Date: May 06, 2007 07:40PM

hi there..well i hope all is well with yoU!! take care!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 09, 2007 11:44AM

WOW! I have been very busy and haven't had a chance to update my diary. I have been doing fine. I am working part-time with my husband at our business and this is the busy season for us. I have upgraded myself to 95% raw and am happy there!

Enjoying the great stretch of weather too!

Ksee@rawfoods.com

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 09, 2007 01:07PM

<<Ksee ( One of my Irish Setter's)>>

grrrrr.rRRRRRR rrrraaaaaurrrgghhghhg rufffffff!!!!

grrrrrrRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr..

hey kseee, i may not seem like a Dog Whisperer but i think your dog just told me

" hey! gimme some of the improved foods yer eeating!"

grrrrrrRRRRR

passing along

i said hi to your dog

Date: May 10, 2007 07:19AM

hey Ksee glad to see everything is goin well for you!! yay for high raw for you!! keep up the awesome work..and enjoy the weather and your busines...have a wonderful evneing and day
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 11, 2007 10:19AM

I have decided to try to go off my nexium...even though I have 1 cup of coffee in the morning. Won't know til I try.

Today I am off and have lots to do around the house. I have errands to run and one stop will be our local health food store. Need to restock some of my raw items.

I am doing great. This is the first time I am able to work at our business and not feel exhausted...not normal exhausting. Now, I feel normal! I am pleased with my progress and am learning a lot about myself. Plus, what life is like when one feels good :0) No medicine has ever elevated me to this feeling. Amazing that food can do this!

Have a great weekend. Sunday mom and I are going to the Lilac Festival...gunna be fun!

Ksee@rawfoods.com

Date: May 11, 2007 11:09AM

Hi there..glad to hear you are doing so well..and feeling great int he store and not becoming exhausted..that is great news!!! keep up the awesomeness!!! take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 11, 2007 02:33PM

HI ksee...

I am happy to see your story here.... i too in the past have suffered from hypoglycemic black outs, but have never even worried about them on this raw "diet" i am usually about 80 percent as my normal lifetyle but started a new journey to 100 percent a few days ago....

I think you will find great results on raw and i am SO happy your doctor supports you... it is rare to find a main stream doc who likes this lifestyle let alone knows what it is....

I feel ya about the caffine... i have been DYING for a starbucks visit at about 2 pm every day... it has been my ONLY craving.... but i can't tell if it's the coffee or the sugar or the whipped cream that i want the most.... i am happy to have let it go.. cause i have decided that i will never visit fivbucks.. i mean starbucks again.... coffee was a hard choice to make.. but we don't have a coffee maker at home and so that helps....

well, iw ill be reading your posts, pleaes keep posting and letting us who have similiar situations know how you are, what you are learning and everything elses.....

you are doing SUCH a great job. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
love and light
tiffntwins

Date: May 12, 2007 03:53AM

hey there....hun how was your day?? i hopea ll is well in your world just stopping by to say hi!!!
take care and have a fabulous weekend!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 12, 2007 02:58PM

I am doing well. I am still waiting for my spiralizer to show up! I want spaghetti...made out of zucchini of course :0P

My weekend is busy. I am helping at a retirement party for my mom's best friend and collegue(sp?) and tomorrow mom and I are headed into the Lilac Festival.

I continue to do well on my diet and I am now off the nexium and allergy medication and down a dose on some maintence meds. I am also off ALL diabetic medications! I feel great!

I have also learned that I am a mono type eater. By this I mean, I am happy eating certain things: spinach salads, broccoli, tomatoes, toppings for salad that are raw veggies and so on. I am not one for experimenting with "funky" combinations and such. LOL As an example: drinking my salad! I cannot get down my gullet a liquid salad...eewwww my hat off to those of you who can :0)

I am enjoying and loving life! For the first time EVER!

Well, I need to go and think about luch and getting ready for the party. Plenty of raw veggies and fruit...that is our contribution!

Later All!

Ksee@rawfoods.com

Date: May 12, 2007 08:28PM

HI there...yay you for reducing meds and coming off some!! that is awesome news and yay you!!!!
oh the festival sounds like so much fun!! i am suro u will have a blast with your mom!!!
well hun keep on keeping oN!! you are doing so wonderful!!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxooxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 15, 2007 06:34AM

hey hun...how was your weekend?? i hope all is well in your world!!! take care and let us know how things are going!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables