Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 1 of 23
Renewal of Rawfoodism
Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 06, 2007 09:10PM

Greetings to all. I am so happy to be at my housemate's computer and again commencing a rawfood journal. Been reading all my old favorite sites and getting very enthusiastic about Returning to Raw.

I was first raw a few years ago. It was stupendous. I KNOW this is the right way for me to eat, the natural diet for the human organism....and, yet, I fell away from it a couple years ago, and have been Struggling awfully to get back. I have been a vegetarian since age 16, but spent all my life on an otherwise terribly unhealthy sad diet, addicted to sugar, chocolate, fat, and starch. I've tried and tried to get back to the raw diet. I felt so much better. I went from 230 pounds to 135 (and then stabilized at 145, which is my goal). I experienced such a naturalness in eating...lost all pathological cravings, got over the hypoglycemia, felt steady energy, slept better, etc, etc. Why can't I get back to it? I have throughout the past couple years purchased new books to inspire me....which I would read while gleefully/guiltily eating chocolate. Eeee-gads, sick. ...but, also having limited periods of better eating.

I think this is the key: Support. I am already feeling much happier and excited about using these message boards and this journal space. (I had kept a journal previously,too, and this is what helped me at that time...in fact, I recognize a few people...hello Kerensa, hello Prism...and Raspberry) It really is difficult to change a lifetime (not as young as most of you here) of eating patterns and biochemical ills without support, without buddyism, shared effort, enthusiasm, ...commiseration sometimes smiling smiley...

So here goes, here I am again...

Been mostly raw for a few days now.
This morning's breakfast: Smoothie: banana, handful goji berries, handful coconut, orange and many lettuce leaves. MSM too.

Hour later: big bowl of salad: Romaine, orange bell pepper, zucchini slices, beet greens, and a couple kalamata olives.

The lettuce came from my garden...utterly delicious. Clean crisp and sweetish. And the beet greens are nice in the salad, just a few...very sodium! But, nice vegetable natural sodium. Isn't it nice to taste a whisper of sweetness in lettuce and the saltiness in the beet greens? I know I've been doing a lot better lately because when my eating is too perverted I cannot taste those things. I really appreciated that about rawfoodsm...really tasting the flavors of these natual real foods.

Signing out...oh so happy to be doing this again!
*Elakti

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Renewal of Rawfoodism
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 06, 2007 09:32PM

Hi there....welcome to the site and congrats on going raw again....you are soo right this is such a healthy and wonderful way of feeding our bodies and nourishing them...you are so right to go back to this way of living!! congrats on that and i look forwarding to hearing more and supporting you on your raw food journey!!!!
i know that you are going to see great results and feel amazing againg!!! good luck with all of this...you are going to do amazing!!! i am here for ya!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 07, 2007 04:20AM

EA-Thanks for the welcome.

To finish posting my food for the day:
Snack-banana
Second salad-romaine, red leaf, orange bell pepper, beet greens, 1/2 avo., kalamata olives, a few walnut pieces. Storebought "Follow Your Heart" dressing.
Snack-2 Valencia oranges
Third salad-romaine, red leaf, beet greens, celery, red bell pepper, black olives, red onion.
Also---juiced twice--carrot celery and carrot celery apple.

So delicious! Clean Organic Colourful food again with the committment to raw...no more junk food, Subways, pizza, etc ad nauseum. I am intending to get back to 100% raw a.s.a.p. I have had a couple such days this past week, and yesterday was 95%. I am on vacation and was in fact planning on fasting, but it hasn't worked out...too too hungry, too hypoglycemic....but I have eaten well and have done juices daily, with fruit smoothies, green smoothies, and salads. Some days, I did try to fast, but always broke it by afternoon (!)...with raw food though. This is just fine. I feel so encouraged and on my way.

Current weight is 183. Last week I was 186. I detest having this toxic baggage and I am so wanting to clean my cells and feel better.

For myself, from experience and because of my nature, 100% is best for me---a.s.a.p. I cannot afford to mess around with any cooked food, anything that is not real food. Or, I'm off and running and it isn't pretty and I don't know when I will have another salad! The sooner I can get comfortable again with 100% the better off I will be. I remember how it was before...once established, I am so comfortable, I love my food. No feelings of deprivation, no obsession over food, no cravings for junk. It was so great! I could go hours and hours without eating, unlike now. I ate simply (no complicated recipes), thoroughly relishing the food with no overeating, stopping with no more thought of food until I was hungry again and I would naturally have some desire for fruits or vegetable combinations, eat it thankfully, and be so satisfied until hungry again. Looking at regular fare that others were eating became bizarre, ticklishly amusing....it looked like this dead processed food was not really food at all (and it is not). It looked like inanimate objects, like knick knacks or something, that people were going to eat! Foreign, and not at all appetizing! I felt so grateful to have had my eyes opened to rawfoodism. I want to get back to that state of mind---and go forward, and not backslide....which means I need to be strict so I can get there. Of course, I must also be compassionate with myself if I don't do so well everyday. It just helps me to remember the state of mind I was in...and what happens to me if I make exceptions and slip away from all raw. If I go to far, I'm gone. It has been about 2 years since I've been raw for any length of time...in 2 years I haven't been raw long enough to reap the same benefits I did the first time!

Tomorrow I need to go shopping for food...and this will be fun! I feel so serious again about the fun of rawfoodism, natural real eating. And the summer fruit is on the way! Super! And how much more economical...none of this beautiful food is going to rot because I am eating knick knacks instead, heh! And I don't think there will be much detox for awhile, I think I am going to respond as I did the first time...feeling so much better for awhile...while my body gathers strength! (for some detox!) And I feel ok about it (now,lol)...after all, I've been experiencing the flipside of detox for some time=the adding of 40 pounds of toxic fat and all the toxic symptoms that go with this!

I shop at a great store in So. Calif.---all organic.

I am 57 years old. I have a cute cute little Maltese and we took a long walk along the beach today.

My elimination was quite good today...about 5x's. !!! Wow. My body is really responding happily to all this good food and the absence of the bad food.

On that note I will sign off for my first day of posting. **Elakti**

Date: May 07, 2007 07:09AM

Hi there..well awesome day today!!!! congrats....before when you were raw how long were you raw for????? hmm well glad you are back and back at it!! you are doing so well already and feeling healthyright?? you will be back in top notch soon!! just hang in there...take care of yourself.....and have a wonderful night...till tomorrow
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxoo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: May 07, 2007 03:59PM

Elakti,

Making sure there's lots of raw food around the kitchen is key for me. I shop every day just about.
How lucky you are to have lettuce from your garden. I am growing cukes and red peppers fron seed right now, have several nice little plants starting.
Good luck on your raw journey!

Date: May 07, 2007 04:18PM

A.M. Smoothie: 2 oranges, banana, goji berries. Msm/glucosomine. Coffee. Love coffee. oh well. Will deal with this---again---at later date.

I was raw for several months, then had some breaks, back and forth, finally back to high raw for another several months, broke again....something like that.
I felt best---physically, mentally, emotionally---when strictly raw. I learned a lot from that experience. I used to occasionally have a salad in the mall and sometimes they put croutons and a little cheese on it (if I didn't remember to say not to). Oh, how reminiscent and lovely and seemingly innocuous, right? It was ok for awhile, once in awhile. Soon got to be too many croutons and soon I was buying cheese for a little topping on salad. And it was not good for me personally. It got out of hand and the cravings started for it. If I stayed real clean, I had no cravings. That was heaven to me, as I had come to raw from an ED type period (never had had That problem before), after having gained 100 pounds. Just prior to coming across 1st rawfood book by P. Nison, I had gained 30 pounds in 30 days, bingeing. Was so sick. Lost appetite. Started raw foods, and jumped right in to 100%, discovering fruits and craving greens, eating salads for breakfast, happy as a lark. I remember I was trying to transition, to be reasonable and controlled, and that only lasted 3 days. The tortilla for the veggie wraps tasted like paper, etc. I could only be 100% raw and was loving it. So natural, so delicious. I was starving. I was cleaning and mineralizing and did not feel any detox for some time....I was in fact coming back to life. And the detoxing, at first, was manageable---nothing like the misery of the SAD diet!

I don't know exactly exactly what happened to end it all...a multiplicity of things. Bacterial infection that was severe and drove me crazy with severe itching and that was confusion for a long time--another story--- other issues....and an inch here and a crouton there and dairy cheese became a mile and then the SAD pit again. I swear, that is my biochemical/emotional nature: a crouton and bit of cheese translates into flour, starch, dairy, becoming cookies and ice cream...I cannot flirt with the ingredients in any form. Fruit, greens, vegetables, a few seeds and a few nuts is the successful way to go, strictly and happily, for me. I may have more learning experience figuring how to stay there... and I am learning more fully that there is a whole lot more to this goal of mine than a way of eating. There is much more to transform and integrate into lifesyle.

All I know is that I want to be healthy, clean, and serene; and I did learn quite a bit during the couple years of varying degrees of rawfoodism, the ups and downs and whys and wherefores of them. I feel more prepared. I've read extensively, and am still reading, and love to read these discussion groups, and feel open to this experience again...

it is a journey, apparently!

Soon am going shopping --- looking forward to it!

--Elakti

Date: May 07, 2007 06:49PM

Hi there..thank you for sharing your story...well i know that you will do well this time and we are all here to help you and support you!!! you are doing great...and sticking with it so far!! keep it up...take care and have a fabulous day!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 07, 2007 09:32PM

10 a.m. I was so hungry! I filled a soup bowl with red and orange bell pepper, 2 beet leaves with deep red stems cut up real fine, red onion sliced thin as butterfly wings, diced tomato, broccoli florets, parsley, topped off with some lettuce and a few olives and Follow Your Heart 1000 Island dressing. Bliss.

Did a shop at the wonderful organic store and I feel like listing it all:
bananas, Valencias, mangoes, papayas, kiwi, mystery (?) tangerines, small watermelon, goji berries, raisins, dates, olives, red pepper, carrots, cucumbers, celery, baby spinach leaves, romaine, tomatoes, avocados, sunburst squash, and pine nuts.

Yes, Dulset, it is a good idea to have plenty of food! And yes it is fun to have some homegrown. I will be harvesting and eating and drinking lots of lettuce! I had planted so much...it is everywhere, even growing in the flower garden and in flower pots. We're having some warmer weather now and the lettuce is uncomfortable anyway and I better consume it. It's all red leaf. I have one small romaine left in garden so I bought some today. I love lettuce.

Home, I had a tangerine (very sweet) and half of the small watermelon. This picked me up. I was feeling a little glum...as I bypassed all the goodies I usually have been buying. None of the filling goopy cooked food stuff and desserts. sigh.

Watching tennis on tv, but the weather is so beautiful I really must go outside. Play on the computer later. It is fun having access to one again.

I feel pretty good. It is amazing how quickly I feel better from clearing out the processed sugar. I feel less muddy/foggy brain.

omg, I think I'm hungry again.

Date: May 08, 2007 03:50AM

Puttered in the garden, but really was very hungry. I had a couple of valencia oranges---one of my favorite foods---and an apple. I made a massaged kale salad to have for dinner, with a few walnuts and tomato.

I just ate it now, with an avocado. It was good. I do like kale, but not as much as romaine or butter lettuce. A little later, after making the salad and putting it into the fridge to marinate, I made some juice---carrot, celery, lettuce from the garden. I had to wash very well as there were so many sowbugs and other little creatures and it was time consuming to examine every single leaf. I ate the inside new leaves smiling smiley (so sweetish). (I hope I'm still a vegetarian, LOL)

Plagued by such hunger all day...stomach pains and rumbling of "hunger"...and it isn't hunger at all. I just finished the bowl of salad with a whole avocado and I am sitting here now with phony hunger pangs.

I must be patient. I should fast for 3 days. I have gastric irritation, some mental irritation. I am craving food that will make me feel stuffed.

I was thinking a lot throughtout the day about the past few years and the yo-yo I was in. Re-reading what I posted earlier was a little confusing (even to me!) and just fragments of those years...anyway, I was looking back at the rawfood experience, the set backs, and so forth...trying to put it in correct chronological order and trying to make sense of it, trying to see what I did right and what went wrong...(for example, upon reflection I realized that the huge weight gain and when I got up to my very highest weight of 230 pounds came AFTER the rawfood expeience...wow...) Sincerely, thanks EA for asking me that question!

And there is regret about completely going back to poor diet with cooked food and junk food. Why didn't I persevere?

All this rumination probably exacerbated my stomach rumblings! It certainly brought more into focus just how huge this endeavor is really. It is simple, but not so easy! There is all the addiction to food, the emotional contamination in what should be a simple matter of feeding my cells. There is all the cleansing and detoxifying, physical and emotional, to go through stage by stage...and sometimes it is very hard. And, bottom line, I have to deal with it alone. I want to, but I sure feel a little depressed.

I can't change the past. I can do the best I can each day. Whatever I can gleam from what happened before-- I can use for fodder for the new field...hey, compost!

Re-read some of my favorite books, like Herbert Shelton, Patenaude's Raw Secrets, others.

It is okay. I regret a little, I am a little scared, I am a little depressed, but I see how I can use this positively. I want to be strong enough to go through this process and CONTINUE (no backsliding, no quitting). Hoping that this sort of day is in some way strenghthening, for the long run....like for tomorrow, heh.

I feel "starving". ridiculous. I understand to some degree what this is, and it is a hurdle to go through and it isn't going to be over soon.

g'night

Date: May 08, 2007 06:22AM

hey hun...hmm i LOVE kale haha it is my favorite thing...that and collard greens..i love to roll them up and munch on them haha....i even bought a thing of rainbow chard today and just took it in my purse to the beach still in original twistie haha..and just rolled each leaf up and ate it!!! so yummy i love greens haha..they are great!!!! well of course you are still vegan even if you got a few bugs in there...hmm haha i dont' always rinse as well as i should either...but i hope that they are gone by the time they hit the store haha...

glad you are pushing through and doing so well!!!...hmm so you started raw and then after you went back to sad you gained weight??? or did you lose it then gain it back..i am confused about your whole thing too..glad it wasn't just me haha...well hun take care and have a great day!! remember eat enough though...you might have real hunger pains...make sure to eat enough during the day to keep the hunger at bay so you don't binge in a week or two..or to keep your body healthy!!!
good luck hun
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 08, 2007 12:44PM

Woke up 4:30 a.m. with "things on my mind", feeling all right though in spite of definitely not sleeping long enough. I can rest and nap later...still on vacation.

I made coffee and went outside...beautiful! The temperature is so comfortable and it is so quiet...even the ocean sounds asleep, making no waves (usually making a wonderful racket). The garden looks so mysterious and lovely and I can smell fragrances. I have a small flower garden with many fragrant perennials, dotted with red leaf lettuce hiding sow bugs. smiling smiley

I am only having a little coffee because I still "have to" and have not yet made any pronouncement otherwise.

Nevertheless, I am fasting today. One ripe avo will go in refrigerator and the bananas, mangoes, papayas and kiwi need to ripen further anyway. And the sowbugs can stay in their lettuce houses awhile longer.

After yesterday's "awakening" I see the shape I am in (ugh) and what I am up against and I believe that a fast is in my best interest if I can really go through with it. (Ideally 3 days, but let me see if I can get past 3:00 today!) I was in constant gastric disturbance "always hungry", even 5 minutes after eating something. This is my messed up system (and my cravings for the usual fare of stuffing 'comfort' foods). I originally thought a fast would be a good jumpstart to renewing rawfood, but wasn't able to get past 3:00. I'll see. May even have juice today, if need be, if it will allow me to not eat solid food...which doesn't have the capacity to satisfy or fill me anyway. I'll try drinking as much water as feels right, maybe a lot. Hydrate. Flush. Wade through a day of fasting.

oh, sigh. Will read Shelton's book on fasting for motivation. I love Shelton's writings. I lean towards the principles of Natural Hygiene...that is my goal. His writings are so sophisticated and I resonate so well with what he says about the body and healthy lifestyle...and he really is quite funny --- not slap your thigh ha ha funny, but at times he so amusingly well expresses our misconceptions about our body and health practices. Elegant writing, elegant humor.

My little dog is still sleeping, all rolled up in blankets like a contented little sowbug in lettuce. smiling smiley

I'm going rawfood site hunting. Cheerio (oh, damn, I'd like a big bowl and I haven't had that for years) to anyone out there!

---E.

Date: May 08, 2007 07:35PM

Hey there hun...wellyou are having a good peaceful day!! yay for you!!! i hope your fast goes well!!! keep up the good work.......i hope you have a fabulous day...take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 09, 2007 02:48AM

Good day fasting.

No difficulty---easier than yesterday with the constant stomach runblings and phony "hunger" pains! That was worse and I ate all day!

At 3:00 I drank a little orange...quartered it and bit into it and swallowed. They are so juicy there is hardly any difference between eating or drinking them. Oranges are definitely one of my favorite favorites! This got me over the 3:00 hurdle. (I've tried so often lately to fast and always caved at 3)

Drank water if I felt like it.
Made camomile tea but didn't want it.
Sat in sun for awhile. Putsied in garden, watered. Sat in shade, read.
Had a good nap, very restful sound sleep.
Walked my little dog.

Actually, a good day.

Easier than I expected!

Feel a little antsy about the evening, feeling a little stomach growly and my mind keeps going to thoughts of food...just because it is night, only as "something to do"...really, that is all it is, I don't feel any different than I did all day...when it was surprisingly easy to fast. It is the "Reward" mode kicking in, I think. I want to pig out on food (a huge salad would do just fine) as a Reward for Fasting!!!

LOL Oh, yes, I do three day fasts and reward myself every night with dinner!!!

Date: May 09, 2007 04:01AM

Hey there...good job today with not eating for your little cleanse...good thing you had the oranges to eat though at 3 to get you through the hurdle...that is good..a mono orange detox is awesome!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 09, 2007 04:31AM

Thanks for checking in, Earthangel! Yeah, I made it past the hurdle...and have drunk some more orange juice (the bite and swallow method works just fine!) (I chop up the solid for the compost. ) I was even thinking of juicing some apples, but will refrain. Just water and some citrus juice once in awhile.

My tongue is super coated.

I feel SO-OO-OO-OOO HUNGRY!!!!! And restless. And head-achey. I know this is the best thing for me to do now, and hope I can fast tomorrow too.

I suddenly realise how very tired I feel. Sleep sounds so good. It's 9:30 and it feels like past midnight. I can feel my body wanting to sink into sleep and do some healing.

Date: May 09, 2007 07:33AM

hey there....what part of the country are you in??? you said you see ocean and you are the same time zone as me haha just wondering i am in san diego smiling smiley
well keep up the good work hun and take care..good luck on your little fast tomorrow!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 09, 2007 04:45PM

Day 2
Bf---water. smiling smiley

I woke up very hot from toxins stirred up and on the move, nose and throat full of mucous. Headache--not painful, just quirky sensations here and there and sometimes a soft dull discomfort.
NO APPETITE AT ALL!!! BINGO! Body wisdom at work.

I feel good! These symptoms are definite, but at the moment at least I don't feel sick. For ex, one could say 'oh, she's weak today and coming down with a cold', but I know the cold is my body cleansing and the weakness is really a feeling of relaxation! I am relaxed (deeply) from no toxic stimulation (no recent input anyway) and I think it is also the body's message to Really Rest.

Good elimination yesterday (2x's) and this morning as usual. Much peeing.

I feel more thirst right now, and the need to lie down and sink into this relaxation.

It is early yet in day and even though I have no appetite I hope to keep at bay the emotional eating syndrome. (Last night was tough) Surprisingly, I wasn't terribly besieged by intense SAD food cravings yesterday (only hallucinated pizza visions about 3 x's, heh). (I banished them immediately and didn't suffer much)

If I can fast for 3 days, that would be so advantageous. It sort of cleanses my palate and I am in better condition physically and mentally to eat healthful raw food. (By that time the gross "hallucinations" smiling smiley are replaced by more peaceful desire for fruit and salads. I can think, for example, of the papayas that are ripening as I fast...)

Earthangel, Yes, I live in San Diego too! What a great place to be for organic food! I've read some of your journal (I need to look into all the journals more fully and get to know some people better) ---you never go to People's Coop????? I LOVE Peoples. I'd always heard about it when I lived in N. Park, and now that I live closeby that is the ONLY place I shop. It is cheaper than Whole Foods...but, true, many things are expensive. Spoiled me, though, I find such a huge difference between organic and non-organic that I have to have it even if I go in debt. (I feel so grateful when I read posts by people who live in areas that don't have such a supply of organic produce. That must be so tough.) Regular celery turns my tongue and mouth numb, really numb. I am very sensitive to chemicals so maybe that is why and I think pesticides or whatever gets all sewn into celery threads! Bleccch.

Actually, I think prices for some things are high all over so why not pay a little more for organic if it is available. And People's MO is so outstanding and clean. They don't have a speck of meat in the store and all products are cruelty free. I've tried to get a job there, but it seems hard to get in.

All for now. It is mild early sun outside with ocean air...how fortunate for me...and it beckons.

Date: May 09, 2007 11:57PM

Lunch: water winking smiley

I did a little gardening and then I jumped in the pool! For the first time this slow-starting summer. Fun! Felt so good!

a little Excercize.

Sunshine.

Long nap.

Water.

Water.

Date: May 10, 2007 07:42AM

Hey there...wow you are in SD too?? i was in ocean beach today haha..we had a fire at the beach and hung out..but before hand we went to people's and i got a few things...oh there blueberries were AMAZING haha..it was 6 dollars for a little tiny thing of them but they were great!!!! i am going next wednesday too..because we are having a going away bonfire then....hmm well if you ever want to hang out or meet up for lunch or dinner or something let me know!! that would be fun!! always nice to meet another raw foodie in the area!!!!
have a wonderful day!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 10, 2007 02:56PM

Definitely 3rd morning of fast, I feel blaaaaah.

Tongue-aaarghhhhh!
body---oiiirrrr
energy-huhhhh??
temp---brrrrrrr
throat-bleeeach

short succinct post
for a change

smiling smiley

Date: May 11, 2007 03:32AM

Good day after morning hours when I was cold and feeling icky. I got back in bed and slept a couple more hours. Woke up feeling much better.

As I was going to sleep I had intense cravings for some Very Wicked Things that I won't even put into print, heh. I could smell, see, taste...extremely bothersome. So powerful. (They went away, thank goodness)

Throughout day, water. Very strong desire to eat throughout day. Very. Now, too. sigh. I had to put a bunch of bananas in the refrigerator, perfectly ripe all speckled with beautiful freckles. I have 3 ripening papayas waiting for me. 2 ripe mangoes. Kiwi. OMG

Late afternoon, spurt of energy and I swept patio, watered flower & veggie garden, and planted 6 tomato plants I bought the other day.

I had planted a lot of seeds in various seedling appropriate containers and I thought the tomato seeds had not come up. I discovered today that what I thought were seedling echinacea are in fact tomato plants!!! Yaaaah!!!

They look different...they are organic Heirloom tomato seeds I got at People's, so I am very excited. (As much as I wanted echinacea , I hope seedling echinacea don't smell like tomatoes, heh heh)

Tomorrow, most likely, I will eat. Three days is fine. I've done well.

Posted by: meow ()
Date: May 11, 2007 03:53AM

hello! it sounds like you're doing really well! great job on your fast! i've never gone more than 24 hours w/o food...i really admire you for jumping right back into raw foodism! that is so wonderful. any tips for someone who wants to do a 2-3 day fast but isn't very good at not eating?

people's coop sounds so good. i'm in LA, i wonder if we have anything like that up here...i've only been here for a few months so i have a lot of areas to explore!

do you find that you're starting to feel better with the toxins leaving your body? you are doing something so great for yourself- keep up the good work!

oh, and your dog sounds adorable smiling smiley i love malteses. sooo cute!

Date: May 11, 2007 04:27AM

Hey hun..awesome day!! glad you got to rest after feeeling yucky!!! you are doing so great with everything keep up the good work!! enjoy the beautiful weather we have been having lately!! yay...
hey that is interesting...i read somewhere and had heard from someone on this site that you should never put bananas in the fridge cuz it will make them ripen or go bad...let me know how that goes for you..i like the idea..i know my grandma did it when we were little but already when they were black hahaha..

have a great day!! take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Monark ()
Date: May 11, 2007 04:52AM

Great job, Elakti smiling smiley smiling smiley Blessings to you on your raw journey smiling smiley smiling smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 11, 2007 04:55AM

hey there elakti....what time is the farmers market in OB on wednesday?? i don't remember haha i never make it down there but really want to lol next week while i will be around haha
thanks
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 11, 2007 04:57PM

Good Morning, good morning, good morning!

I feel renewed! I feel so good. I actually feel lighter, clearer, happier, more supple even.

My neck has been arthritic lately (2 mos ago had 5 chiro treatments for some relief) and usually is so stiff in a.m., and this morning it is considerably freer, looser. My whole body feels more open, my mind is clearer, my mood is higher. The bloat and puffiness is much reduced. My face looks -----clean...yesterday it was grayish, swear!

I marvel---only 3 days water fast (& I am in toxic condition) brings about such a big change. This is wonderful. It feels like Nature has done at least one swipe through my poor bod with her natural Handi-wipe!

These 3 days= huge success. I am so pleased, it accomplished exactly what I knew it would: my mental direction is squarely towards RAW FOOD.

I am more calm, confident. I broke through a barrier...been trying to go high raw again and get off junk for a year.

I couldn't do it all alone---being online, putting my thoughts here, feeling again a part of the raw commnity is the key. I'm ready.

And then, I see the 7 week 100% raw challenge...what serendipity...I'm dancing!

Posted by: Monark ()
Date: May 12, 2007 02:09AM

Congrats Elakti !! I also joined the 7-week challenge ! Really excited about that smiling smiley smiling smiley

Looking forward to our 7 weeks of total nourishment smiling smiley smiling smiley

So how did your first day back at eating go??

Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: May 12, 2007 02:42AM

Welcome welcome! I love your attitude and enthusiam. I feel the same as you about raw being the answer right now. As soon as I'm done w/my cleanse I'm joining the 7 week thing which will hopefully last for much longer.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 12, 2007 03:40AM

hey there..yay you for doing another day of cleansing cuz it felt right!!! that is amazing!! so glad to see you doing so well....this is it haha....
well hun have a wonderful day and enjoy yourself!!!
keep on the path to healthy happy life!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 12, 2007 03:42AM

Well, great day. I had a glass of apple juice (red delicious, to put it mildly!). I planned to eat later. I even made the salad, but I felt so comfortable not eating I decided to eat tomorrow. In the evening, I had a glass of carrot celery juice. I drank slowly, swishingly.

If I had started this fast earlier I would have gone further -- or not =)--because I felt so serene today. Also, active. Did housework and gardening. I felt a good bubbly energy, yet so pleasantly serene. Very cool.

Tomorrow I will definitely eat as I go back to work on Monday. I will probably have an orange or maybe an apple, well chewed is a must. I've heard that something fibery is best to act as intestinal broom. I usually follow that later with a salad....which is sweepingly good!

Besides not having any irritating cravings today, I didn't even feel like eating. But now that I think about food, I only have eyes for raw food.

Hallelujah!

Current Page: 1 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables