Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 13 of 23
Re: Renewal of Rawfoodism
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: June 23, 2008 02:30PM

Yeah, Elakti, and my job is annoying, too. I'm also trying to launch an art career, something I didn't learn in college, so I'm flying by the seat of my pants on this one! ;}

Wow --parrots in your trees!! That's so cool!!! We have cardinals. I sing to the male and he sings back. He has a "wife" and a baby who is big now. It was fun watching them teach the baby how to fly.

MMM... hot, sunny weather!!! I love San Diego! My goal is to go out there to see my son in March -- every March, because he is in school and has claimed spring break for us (what a kid!), and by that time I am so depressed with the New England weather that a Southern California beach is just what I need. I did that last year and it was lovely! I did Northern California this winter because two of my kids and my three grandkids are there. (Me and my big flock!)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: June 24, 2008 01:45AM

Sundancer--maybe we can meet when you come here! Yeah, we're very spoiled here in S.D. We complain about the weather...we're "entitled" smiling smiley...anything too far away from 72 degrees. You should hear us when it sprinkles!!

What kind of art? Good luck to you. It is so cool and "the best" when you can do something you are passionate about, or what is your natural calling. My wires got all crossed up. sigh.

Well, today was a good day. And my blood pressure is 116/68 today! I really am so much calmer and relaxed lately: good diet, improving lifestyle, cleaner colon and liver, lower blood pressure, almost total disappearance of sciatic distress, much reduced hip arthritis type pain.

Banana for b/f. Banana and strawberries at break. Salad at lunch. Haven't eaten since then. Also my blood sugar or stomach distress is much reduced, and I can go longer periods without eating and feeling faint. Didn't even finish the salad, will finish tonight. Add spinach and tomatoes. I did have the salad with goat cheese and croutons. I am going to try and omit those two items. The goat cheese is good, but really salty, too salty. And the croutons...well, it is bread and I must get rid of that entirely, ENTIRELY. Sometimes they put so many, after I finish the salad I think to myself in dismay, "well, I practically had a little sandwich!" And, this morn, when I woke up and put on a ring, it was tight. I think that little bit of swelling was from the salty "sandwich". It has got to go, before it escalates into something more. I MUST take salad to work. Maybe if I take a nice bowl or plate with me. For some reason, I hate eating salad out of tupperware things.

Tomorrow is day off and I hope I feel as well as I do now. I want to accomplish some things, like clean and organize my closet. Do some gardening chores. Seedlingsd to transplants. Tomatoes to replant.

Also, this morning I had some mucous on the move, from the cheese and croutons, no doubt. Even that small quantity is felt.
Good-bye salad frills and dietary nonsense.

Oh, I am so relieved about my blood pressure. Very important to me.

Also the coffee is escalating again. That has got to be addressed. Alas.

-Til the morrow.....eat well, be well.

Date: June 24, 2008 04:50AM

Hey girls!!
Elakti -- love to meet you when I get out there!

I did well most of the day. Ate raw till this evening. Got off work early and hung out with the family. When they all went to bed I ate leftover mac & cheese and it made me feel like I've been poisoned. Now I don't want to feed it to my kid, either. I have a headache and heartburn. Serves me right :{

I didn't get to the gym because the little one wanted to play in the garden (let's see: make the kid go to a stuffy gym or let her play in a beautiful garden yard? Hmmm...), then it started dumping rain when I was eventually almost ready to go. Oh, well; maybe tomorrow.

I wasn't motivated to get much housework done, either. That's okay -- my kid had a good day!

So I need to get back on track. Fortunately, the next few days off will help -- I always do better when I don't work.

I'm done for today. Catch you tomorrow.

Date: June 24, 2008 04:02PM

Yes, you've got 4 days off, lots of time. Yeah, the mac and cheese---did I eat a lot of that. Last night, for my confession, I ate about 4 pita chips after my salad. They were on the counter and I asked housemate if I could taste...they were both horrible and good at the same time. Too salty and had a funny rancidy taste. And just those 4 little chips hit my stomach like a brick. It didn't last long, but I definitely felt the "uh oh, what the hell is this?" reaction of my system. Ok. Finished the left over salad from restaurant "craves" (unnhh-hanhhh) with the croutons and goat cheese. Finito. I am ready for 100% raw.

Morning and day has begun with smoothie: banana, a few strawberries, and an apple. Ate a few grapes, too. Black coffee, one cup.

I had so much energy yesterday and last eve. that I did some gardening and even a little housework and wished I had more daylight hours. Today, plan to do more gardening and also some housework. But, for now, no rush. I must vacuum, so that will be first on agenda. But, not now.

Plan vegetable juices for today, at least twice. Alkalinize the pita chip blood. Bleeech. No more. Fresh fruits and plants for me, thank you.

Date: June 24, 2008 08:40PM

Me too! I had a half of a lovely melon at 8am, then after a little housework went to the Y and had a great workout! Then had a smoothie with kale, flax, mango, peach and pear, fed the munchkin and put her down for an unwelcome to her but very welcome to me nap, then made a raw soup with avo, miso, broccoli, sprouts, spirulina, spice, s&p, and mushrooms. Now I'm very content. I'm going to do some housework and hang out with the family. David brought home a beautiful eggplant and plans to cook it tonight. I'll probably eat some because he makes it so delicious, but that's my only cooked item today. I figure that's a lot better than what I've been doing the past couple of days. At least it's healthy, organic and vegan, and something my digestive system can tolerate.
Have a great one!!!

Date: June 24, 2008 10:03PM

checking in again. did chores. made vegetable juice - carrots, celery, kale, red bell pepper, spinach.

Just finished a salad as I was hungry. Romaine, baby spinach, celery, red bell pepper, grated zucchini, chopped yellow squash, tomato. Small quantities of each. Three olives, 1/4 avocado. Now I'm satisfied. And a little sleepy. I feel on the edge of cravings though...for "something" (indeterminate). Probably some biochemical thing going on. After a salad, sometimes I have the desire for something sweet. I did eat fruit throughout morning. First, the fruit smoothie. A few grapes. Five Valencias. A Delicious Papaya! Maybe not enough, I don't know. After the salad digests, in a few hours I will eat more fruit. I have some ripe mangos. If I could find the processor I would smooosh up some apples and pear.

Posted by: Soraya ()
Date: June 24, 2008 10:59PM

Hello, ladies! You both seem to be having a really great day! Reading your posts sure can make a woman hungry; good thing I'm crucifying a kale/tomato/avocado salad right now - and a little while before I had @ 10 figs...I swear, if I met a wonderful man right now who had fig trees, I may be very tempted to propose right away! ;-) I have to find out the nutritional profile of these things because I want.them.SO.badly.all.the.time!!!

I almost envy you boths for your gardens - oh to grow your own plants and veggies *sigh*. Funny thing is, that sort of thing is in my blood, so to speak; both of my grandfathers had huge farms where I'm originally from...well, they both had very, very large families, and they were able to grow everything they needed for themselves and enough to make very handsome profits!

Elakti, so cool about your blood pressure being better; that is such an important issue to saty on top/ in control of...

Sundancer, enjoy reading about your play and family time...and that you were able to get to the Y today. And, yes, you must tell us what kind of art you are into...

I'm heading back downstairs... started writing a short (?) story this afternoon after returning from errands; the idea's been banging around in my head for the past couple of nights. Blasting Indian ragas and writing is how I'll most likely spend the rest of the night; I'll probably not post in my own blog until tomorrow or later! I really should incorporate scheduled writing times into my routine...food for thought...

Have a great night...love you guys! It's so encouraging to me just to be able to share your happenings with you...it just is, and I thank you both for that gift...

Oh! Elakti, yes, I have a special journal specifically set aside for my grateful thoughts; I even have a specific pen that I use only for that book! I find it incredibly helpful to me to focus on all the blessings - big and small - that occur everyday. Then you see that there really are no "small" blessings at all...

Date: June 25, 2008 12:21AM

That's very nice, a book of blessings. What a positive and balancing thing to do. Writing a short story, wow. What Indian ragas?

Sundancer, I wish I could've worked out today, but did do a lot of chores so I did some moving, but it isn't like real disciplined exercize.

I can hardly think right now, but you two are doing some cool stuff.

I just had a most delicious honeydew melon (I think I mentioned before that they are not that enjoyed ---- cancel that!) It was RIPE. That IS the key to fruit, isn't it? The best honeydew I've ever had.

And I literally suddenly am detoxing. It is a much cooler day than what we've been having, but I just changed into heavy sweat pants, t-shirt and sweater, heavy socks, and there's mucous-on-the-move and I am feeling exhausted and chilled, and my body feels as heavy as lead. I've got to lie down and let go!
Wow, I feel like I'm going to just fall through the floor and sink to China. I think I want some tea, actually. So! smiling smiley I'll make tea and go to bed and drink my tea in China. Oh my goodness, what a feeling. I'm so grateful to be home close to my bed!

Date: June 25, 2008 04:30PM

Did rest a lot and took nap, then went to bed and slept another 9 hours.

This morning I feel it is a real possibility that I could faint. I must get stronger than this or I really will lose my job! How I wish I could stay home. I don't know if I can work like this. I think my blood pressure is way low. I'm very pale and so very faint. Now, what is this?

The other night when I had so much energy I polished the furniture in my bedroom, how stupid is that. With furniture polish, and I can be quite chemical sensitive. Perhaps this is the reason, or not. Perhaps, just more body adjustments. Aside from my little dietary indiscretions, I have been eating so cleanly. So, I don't know. I will make a good smoothie with bananas, apple, and romaine and see how that helps. I've had a few oranges and soaked prunes. Opened a honeydew but, alas, not ripe enough to eat more than 4 bites. Maybe eating will help. Maybe eat a salad after the smoothie is on its way.

Off to make the smoothie and go back to bed. I work from 1 to 9. Wow, do I feel so drained of energy, so very relaxed I could just pass out, so dizzy when I move my head or stand up or walk. I'm dizzy and weak lying down. I do think my blood pressure is very low this morning.

I drank some coffee and smoked usual cigs...not helpful. Just made it all worse....but....???........this is not an easy lifestyle change.

Did some meditation this morning when I went back to bed after taking doggie kid for a walk.

Date: June 25, 2008 11:02PM

Oh, Elakti, I hope you are feeling better! It royally sucks to have to work long (or short) hours when you're really not feeling well...my gut is pointing to that polish as a major culprit; if you're chemically sensitive and then you're spending hours sleeping in there...

Please be careful, dear, and let us know how you're doing, okay? Definitely try to eat enough and sleep as much as you possibly can - away from the polished furniture!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Oh...Indian Ragas; Indian music of a certain format (I think...I just love the stuff!). I think I must've been of Eastern/ Middle Eastern descent in another lifetime; I'm crazy for Indian, Arabic, Asian music!

Date: June 26, 2008 04:37AM

I like Indian music too!

I feel better. Yeah, I think it was the polish. After eating, and a good shower I felt more balanced, and then had a good day at work (good energy). I should know better than to use polish. What else can be used for furniture?

Gotta run...lots to do, go to bed, get up to go to work. It's almost 10 and I have to be there at 9 am---then THREE days off. I may fast starting tomorrow after lunch....I've been really wanting to fast, badly. Here's a chance.

Date: June 26, 2008 05:35PM

Ooohh...I just know you can't wait to have some time to yourself!

Just passing through to share some love...hope you're having a good day...

Let me know what kind of furniture you have (wooden?) and what you can and can't tolerate...I know that there are some "green" wooden polishes that you can get at most healthfood stores, etc, but if you are really sensitive then I suggest you may want to check out the cleaning link on Debra's List here - [www.dld123.com] . She has a cross-section of companies who offer green (cleaning and other)products, many exclusively for the chemically sensitive. Her home site is [www.mcsrecovery.com].

Date: June 27, 2008 12:57AM

That's a good idea...I'll check at People's and see if there is anything there to polish furniture with.

I'm at my friend's house who babysits my little kid often while I work (1/2 block away), picking up little kid after work. Yahhhh, off work for threeeeee days! Very very good. Seems we are all getting a little extra time.

I do plan to fast, been wanting to. But, after the day at work I am so famished and I don't know if I may just start tomorrow instead of right now. I haven't eaten since lunch, which would make a good start, but, wow, I don't know. If I just went to bed right now--but that's the kicker. If I stay up doing stuff, I want to eat something.

Right now, I'm going home and have to take Magpie for a walk. Yesterday I bought a bunch of yellow ranunculas, and today I bought a bouquet of eucalyptus. To decorate my room in celebration of my 3 days. Plan a retreat at Self-Care Self-Love Camp. I really was so attracted to the eucalyptus leaves, the shape and colour.

Date: June 27, 2008 12:57PM

Yay Elakti!! Have a great three days off!! That's what I should have done -- had a retreat! I was gonna say I'll do it next week but we're going to go to David's grandparents' lake house in New Hampshire over the fourth of July with his sister. So a little vacation is coming our way -- yay!

Have a great one!!

Date: June 27, 2008 07:07PM

Elakti, more women should buy themselves bouquets and do other things to show themselves love; your room must be so pretty and inviting now!

It seems that the timing of Self-Care Self-Love (I love these names!) Camp was on the mark, and that the Universe is doing its part to back us up as well, giving us many opportunities (e.g. time off) to dedicate to our growth and renenewal...

Hope you both are having as peaceful and productive a day as I am!

Much love!

Date: June 28, 2008 02:45AM

Yes, it does. I'm feeling a bit --- a bit, what? I am fasting. I feel fastishy. I feel fine, but not like writing much. Had easy-going day. Did wash my little dog and she is clean and white again. I had a few hours of feeling low from fast, then perked up, now feel again like I need to lie down. My tongue is beginning to coat. For awhile I had that minor pain I complain about, right side, below rib.

No food to report!
Water.

All the art projects sound wonderful, Soraya and Sundancer.

Sleep is calling. I don't even feel like reading.
This is good. I've been wanting to fast. I wish I had more days for it, to see how many I am comfortable with...but, only thinking of 6-10. I doubt if I could do 10. Anyway, right now I'll try for three. I had thoughts of english muffin lathered in butter early today. I went to sleep. Recently had thoughts of olives. How I would love to eat a bunch of olives. Or a salad. Or anything.
Figs, even. smiling smiley I did buy some dried figs, haven't tasted yet.

For some reason, smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley, I am curious to try figs again!

Now, to lie down and float. Maybe meditate a little. THAT will give me good sleep right away!

Date: June 28, 2008 03:06PM

Love that word "fastishy"! That's so succinct! Maybe I'll do another short fast on Tuesday / Wednesday. It sure felt good the last time I did it, and it helped me get my eating patterns in order, at least for a little while. It was also much easier than I thought it would be.

Yesterday was a pretty good day (95% raw), but I already ate a cooked breakfast today. :{ Oh, well, I also ate a bunch of fruit first, so I'm good until I go to work. They have good, organic greens for salads, so I can eat pretty well at work, especially if I bring 1/2 avo and some sprouts.

Gotta go work on my art room or do something productive!
Have a great day!!!

Date: June 29, 2008 02:30AM

My tongue is not very coated at all. Usually is is a fuzzy furry mess. I had a good and easy day fasting. But, now evening, I sure want to eat. Partly because I've been reading rawfood books, and my mouth is watering for our good food. I've read the fasting books so much, I can't read them right now! I will eat tomorrow. The next day I go back to work, and I know I cannot fast at work, impossible right now. I sure would like to do a fast of about a week. Later.

Water.

smiling smiley

Evening walk with Magpie and then back to bed, hopefully to sleep early. A little bothered by appetite. I'm not hungry. I have an appetite. Happily, for fruits and a salad.

Date: June 29, 2008 10:23PM

Hello---not much time to type, but I did break my mini fast today with some cherries and about 4 local tree-ripened plums...oh my oh my, so delicious, unbeliebably delicious. Real plums. The cherries were good too! I got so full!
I also had a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice that was SUBLIME. I knew I had to get to People's today, because I am craving oranges and I was out of them this morn. I did get to go, with a ride, and so I bought bags of mostly fruit. Got some Galia melons smiling smiley smiling smiley and a small watermelon and strawberries and bananas, and more and other. Also got a different type of kiwi fruit, called 'golden kiwi'--I did have one of those too, to taste it and also because kiwi has a surprising high quantity of fiber. 2 kiwi equal something like a cup of bran. So, that would be good for colon after 2 days' fast.

I went to a spiritual meeting this morning, which was wonderful.

I feel really great. AND...I may go to a Bikram yoga class this eve at 6:30. I'm a little "scared"!!! smiling smiley Haven't been for so long and it is HOT and RIGOROUS.

I will eat some more fruit soon, and take some with me for afterwards...if I go. I want to. My friend and I use to go fairly regularly. But, it was so hard for me because of my bellies (plural). Perhaps I could do better now. Except, then I wasn't smoking and now I am, which is not going to be very helpful. sigh.

So, all in all, I feel very well, and am happy I fasted for two days. Didn't lose much, only about 1 or 2 pounds, which will come back surely. And my tongue did not turn into the usual tundra....so much cleaner and healthier after just a few weeks of raw food and colonics and etc. I do believe I need a fast of a week or so, to really get into benefits.

Must go now...hopefully can post with a little more time later tomorrow eve....

Soraya and Sundancer, I am thinking of you and hoping all is well and wonderful for you both. Take good care....talk to you soon.

Have you ever had Galia melons? OMG, one of my favorites. Just simply a lovely lovely melon, sweet sweeeeeee-eeeeet.

Date: June 30, 2008 05:17AM

I am still alive: went to Bikram yoga class for first time in many moons. It was grueling. Could not do much of standing poses, I was so dizzy and HOT. I thought I was going to pass out. Definitely need to reacclimitize! I stayed in Savasannah most of time, tried to leave once to cool off but the teacher talked me into staying so I returned to my mat to roast under the scorching heat of the sun which was about 3 feet above my body, in the Sahara Desert. I fared better during the floor poses...if I fainted at least I wouldn't fall far, heh heh. I WAS able to do a few poses I couldn't do before because of the, ahem, triplets, LOL...the pregnant look of three bellies. So, that was good. My friend, in her first class in a long time, actually threw up. Well, just love Bikram yoga! Wow, am I sweated out. I weighed 177 when I got home. Tomorrow I will drink a lot of water. And some lemon water, too.

I was going to do just fruit today, but my intuition was asking for deep minerals after sweating so much and after fasting for 2 days,so I made a little salad of celery, cucumber, a few spinach leaves, a little watercress, 2 grape tomatoes, shredded beet and a few olives. I sprinkled olive juice/water over the salad. I only ate half, very well chewed.

I am recovering enough to sleep, sleep deeply.

Before yoga I had eaten a lot of fruit, to the tune of 3 mangos, plum, and more, I can't recall what else. Maybe it was 4 mangos.

Today was a great day, full of self-care, self-love. smiling smiley Notwithstanding the suffering in yoga class!!! My housemate asked, "Where is it?"

I replied, "In hell."

winking smiley

Date: June 30, 2008 03:36PM

I feel Great this morning! Wonderful. Slept 8 hours.

I weigh 176! Down 24 pounds total. I am wearing t-shirts medium that I haven't worn in long time. My pants are falling down. I am not too sore from yoga, just enough, good feel of muscles that got stretched. But. what I did do and all the profuse sweating seems to have put frosting on the cake (pardon expression) to all that preceeded it.

Taking lots fruit to work. Had basket of blueberries this am, with a golden kiwi.

and a few bites of galia melon.

Oh, it is so nice to feel so much better.

Date: June 30, 2008 04:48PM

Reading your last few posts put a smile on my face - you are doing so well! It's good to sense your happiness and you deserve every bit of it!

Bikram yoga has always intrigued me but I could never do it - you are much more brave than I am! How neat that you've been able to venture back "into the fray" so to speak, and to discover that some poses are actually easier for you to do now!

We sorta have the same issue - the pants falling down thing, for one - and found that at the beginning of spring I had to fork over some money to get some new clothes or I'd seriously be embarassing myself! Thank God for pre-season sales! Mainly got a lot of shorts, Ts and a few light summer dresses / maxi dresses that I could wear comfortably in humidity; I can become very ill when it's humid and need very light / skimpy-ish things to wear so I don't pass out...that's the one time (of year) where any self-conciousness disappears...I'm too hot to focus on body image issues and will actually wear hot pants with a little top if I have to (did a couple of times last year;-0 ).

I also had to do the one thing I hate more than shopping for a pair of jeans a couple weeks ago - bra shopping! I've lost a bra and cup size and the girls were'nt feeling very happy or adequately supported, so I had to bite the bullet and go into my own version of hell - the lingerie section ***makes face*** I actually found some great ones that FIT perfectly for the first time in years!!! Now I like bra shopping - who would have guessed! winking smiley

I'm sure you'll have to make your own shopping trips soon! Have fun and experiment too; I've found since becoming raw that I've begun wearing colours and styles that you couldn't have paid me to wear before!

Hope you're having another beautiful day!

Date: July 01, 2008 12:59AM

I'm picking up my little dog from friend's house and on my way home from work, glad to be almost into the watermelon (I hope it's good). Have been thinking about the watermelon all afternoon. I didn't have time this morn to put a salad together, but took fruit. Thought I'd get small salad from italian restaurant, but they were closed and so I got The Other One and, interestingly, I couldn't eat much. I avoided the croutons, I avoided the goat cheese, and the whole thing just tasted not so great. I wanted watery fruit! I just haven't been able to accept eating fruit at lunchtime, afraid I wouldn't be able to satisfy myself or fill myself up enough, or whatever...in the framework of 'getting stuffed' with something a little heavier. I must take my own salad, or experiment with a fruit lunch. ??? I ate some grapes at work. Now they tasted great.

Hot today....another reason I am wanting fruit. I have lots of oranges/craving those also.

Good energy today at work, feeling positive, happy-ish.

Now must dash off, get out of these clothes, cut open the watermelon, walk little kid, water plants. Maybe transplant the tomatoes, which I have neglected to do.

TTFN

Date: July 01, 2008 01:17AM

Oh,and Thank You Soraya! Yes, an upswing! smiling smiley

Date: July 01, 2008 04:49AM

Ate half watermelon (disappointing). Later, a large utterly delicious papaya, scrumptioulicious. Afaulfo mango. Golden kiwi. Nice.

Later, ate a little more of leftover lunch salad...didn't finish! I want fruit, wow. Tomorrow, I may try to do a fruit lunch. I have ripe (I hope they're good) Galia melon. I have oranges, grapes, strawberries, bananas, and avocado. Maybe I'll take a small salad, of my own making.

Worked in patio awhile. Now am tired and need to go read and sleep. Beautiful evening. Lovely sunset over ocean. Ocean was a beautiful shade of blue and the sky was pastel, except for the red-gold round disc plunging into the water, ker-splash! No splash really, except the showers somewhere else as others begin a day. Me, good-night!

Date: July 01, 2008 02:12PM

I hate this computer!!! I just wrote a bunch of stuff and deleted in because this laptop is retarded! If I move the wrong way (and I don't know what the wrong way is) everything goes away!!! GRRRRRRR!!!! Now I can't remember what I was saying!

Elakti, I'm really glad you're doing so well!!! I'm doing better; had a big smoothie with a lot of cacao (the perfect PMS smoothie :} ). Yesterday I tried kale chips a la Kwan, marinated in shoyu, olive oil, ginger and garlic, then dehydrated until crispy. Another good PMS food! Nice and salty.

Work has actually been fun lately. If it weren't for the customers, I'd be so gone from there! Friday I waited on Don Henley (the Eagles) and his daughter. He was very nice. Then, last night I waited on two professors from my alma mater, Chico State, one of whom is a prof in my department, so he is friends with a lot of my old professors. I was more excited about this than Don Henley because Chico is such a great town and I loved my college experience and these people were so great and friendly -- it was like we were old friends! We exchanged email addresses and took pictures and I promised to look them up when I go to Cali in August.

I'm excited to say that I have four days off again and we're going to David's grandparents' lake house in New Hampshire over the 4th and watch the fireworks be shot off over the lake. I have mixed feelings about fireworks because they're polluting and scare the wildlife, but they're pretty, and they're going to be there whether I look at them or not.

I don't know what my hubby fed the little one last night, but I was cleaning up puke at 1:30 am sad smiley Poor baby was crying and didn't know what to think! She's been laying around today and didn't really eat breakfast. So I'm laying low. The good thing is she lets me go on the puter when she's sick because she doesn't care about playing. She's watching Sesame Street (yay PBS!). I was going to go to the Y but I have to settle for yoga in my big bedroom, but that means vacuuming first because the animals are shedding a lot, and big Booger dog (yes, Booger is his name -- he's a Scooby Doo -- even talks like him -- : "Hewwo! Woo-hoo!"winking smiley is very stinky these days!

Well, kids, I'm outta here! Have a beautiful day!!!

Date: July 01, 2008 04:23PM

Sundancer, sounds like your work can be interesting, meeting cool people. The same with my job...it's the customers that I like. I wish I could talk more with some of them, but our conversations are cut short by the long lines and the management.
Hooray for the four days off though, that's even better! Enjoy the fireworks. Me too, they are noisy and upsetting if I"m not looking at them, so I will look. I can go out to the cliffs and watch about 3 different shows, one is over the ocean, very beautiful.
But, my little Magpie will be so nervous and scared. I will re-balance her when I get back...or I may take her. One year I did take her over to cliffs with me, at least she was with me, and she was with me and others who were in good mood to see fireworks despite the noise. Alone, I think she is worse off.

I work 12:30 to 9:00, not my favorite schedule, but my attitude has been better since I am feeling so much better. Just carry on.

Rawfoodism is more and more interesting. There is the detox physical, with the cleaning out of the system, the organs, tissues, blood: gasses and waste, both exogenous and endogenous. There is the emotional detox as there is more cleanliness in blood etc, and lifestyle patterns metamorphosize and emotional patterns are seen in a cleaner light, the "stuckedness" seems illuminated -- the patterns and reactions; and ideals and yearning for more emotional balance starts see-sawing with the imbalance---and even when it is difficult/painfulfrustrating and I'm on the Down-seat, I can see what I want or what will be on the Up-seat just in front and above me.

And then, more specially, I am beginning to feel what I have read so often from other's experience on rawfoods, there is an opening to the spiritual side of our nature. I do believe it is a direct result from the clearing and cleaning of eating cleanly our natural food and ushering out the negative effects of a muddy body and brain. I feel the GOOD parts of my being are struggling out of a cocoon.
Muddiness to clarity, slowly, slowly. And only from a short time, but more "well done" this time, and perhaps with cumulative credit from past efforts. God, please let this continue.

I feel more receptive, more open, more clear. I am having little insights which sometimes seem so immense and so wondorous...and sometimes they are like glimpses, like flashes, disappearing like a glimpse of a fish in the water. And I have an open mind and an open mouth and am left thinking, Wow, what was that? Could it be? There's a trace left, but I have to clear more to get more, maybe.

Anyway, things sure are a-changing! And I am going to take so much fruit with me today that if I feel the need for it and feel I want it more than a salad I can even eat only fruit for lunch while I am at work. Like yesteday---that's what I wanted. I tried to eat as much salad as I could (to fill stomach) but it wasn't hitting the spot and then afterwards I felt heavy and I craved fruit. I was craving carbohydrate of fruit which I believe more and more is what our human body was designed for. I love salads, sometimes in past have eaten lots of salad, even for breakfast....I also didn't stay raw. Also, everytime I have come back to raw I CRAVE greens and salads, I think because I got so mineral deficient. Like after the yoga class (90 min. of PROFUSE sweating) I craved greens, even such as watercress, and celery (natural sodium pops out at me with that craving)...and it was good. But, since that fast, I have been all fruity, heh heh!! smiling smiley This seems to be another physical change. Well, I'll see what happens. I'm going to follow it. Summertime fruit is within reach!!

Stooping low now, I had not had but one bm since fast...was a little concerned yesterday but not at all uncomfortable. Well, I'm worried no more! This morning I think I emptied entire bowel. I mean, late last night I felt the preparation and this morn I "went" majorly, I mean MAJORLY. Not only that, but in another 30 minutes I repeated the entire performance!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I felt after a colonic!! Empty!

I"m ready for another insight!!!!!! smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Date: July 01, 2008 06:02PM

Report of food: Smoothie= 2 bananas (perfectly ripe, I couldn't have painted better freckles), grapes, and 2 large handfulls of beautiful sunflower sprouts. It was the best green smoothie I've ever had.
2 oranges earlier in morning.

1/2 galia melon (I forgot about The Melon Rule)
golden kiwi----really like them more and more

Guess what I am taking to work? Bananas, strawberries, 1/2 galia melon for breaktime, grapes, orange, and avocado. Should this be enough?

Date: July 02, 2008 01:31AM

Sundancer, feeling your computer woes! And I'm LOVING that your dog's name is Booger!!! Hope your baby's feeling better... ;(

Elakti, brilliant post as usual! I just wanted to share some love and light here before I went to bed!

Have a great night!!!

Date: July 02, 2008 05:16AM

I ate fruit all day...my first ever all fruit day smiling smiley !
Just ate a galia melon for din-din. May eat something else, but I feel full. I did have two avos, one at lunch and the other at afternoon break. That's fruit. And they helped a lot, and were filling and rich and dense, compared to the other sweet fruit. So, I did it! I feel great. My energy was so good all day, in fact I am almost jumping up and down. I feel a bubbly feeling in heart region. I feel "opening". A good day. I still have energy and it is after 10, but I think I will read and probably quickly feel like sleeping. I may meditate a few minutes --- if I can round up the horses, you know, smiling smiley.

Hi Hi Soraya and Sundancer! Love to you!

Oh, I bought a cappucino and only could drink a few swallows. It felt so caustic on my good energy!

Current Page: 13 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables