Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 16 of 23
Re: Renewal of Rawfoodism
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: July 29, 2008 05:32AM

I just heard from my friend, thanks for asking. Her place was still there!!!!! Everything around was burned to a crisp. It was a real miracle! I can't wait to go out there next month and see her and give her a big hug!!!

Elakti -- that's right; let it go and just pick up again tomorrow.

I want a "time-out" too for about two weeks!! No work or people or housework -- just me and maybe some paper and a pen. Maybe a book; maybe not. Maybe some day...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Soraya ()
Date: July 29, 2008 08:21PM

Elakti, you are inspiring! And just take it a day at a time, okay? Just let it go and start again!

I'm in on needing some "me" time as well; could do with a few days here by myself!

Sundancer, great to hear that your friend and her place made it through safely!!!

Really need to go, now! winking smiley Hugs to you both...

I LOVE having this support system!!!

Date: July 31, 2008 02:51PM

Just came to say a cheery "hello!" and check to see how you both are doing...

Just finished drinking my brekkie - a huge mugfull of apple-ginger juice - what a way to start the day!

Wishing you both vibrant health! And hoping to hear some good news from you, Elakti; how did your interview go?

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: July 31, 2008 05:57PM

The interview went all right, I think. We talked for an hour. About working, why I would like this job, what type of person I am, what my interests are, what I like to do with time off, what books I read, what the most exciting thing in my life was, and I hope I 'passed'. smiling smiley I am going to do a 2nd interview, too. She has a friend interview as well. She is careful.

I felt all "squirrelly" this morning when I woke up, as I do want this job but was hoping for more time off...if I am hired I will start on Aug. 8th.

Today I am beginning a fast, see how it feels. Right now I am so hungry! smiling smiley

Job/work up in air, and I need to get grounded. I sure don't like the first day of a fast. I need it. The "mock chicken salad" binge messed me up. I sure could go for some right now. Something addicting about it. In fact, confession time, last night I actually warmed up a frozen Amy's dinner that has been in freezer for quite awhile, but after a couple bites I threw it away...I think the cardboard would have been just the same taste. Dead weird dry yucky creepy food imposter...did not taste anything like food, not even close to the mock chicken salad what to say of fresh real food.

I like sapotes. I've tasted a couple different kinds. I like the golden kiwis a lot. That's strange how you, Soraya, craved olives and ate so many! I LOVE olives, kalamata, black. I don't care if they are raw or not! I buy organic.

I do need a little bit of reorientation. Part of problem is that I did not have my mind organized, clear. I let fruit supply dwindle because I had been planning a fast, but did not fast because of this and that and yoga, never replenished fruit except for oranges (thank goodness for them!) and then got some of the seitan salad and now here I am, finally calling a time out to fast.

I'm hoping I can carry through with it, and am able to do the second interview without much difficulty, hoping they call at a 'good' time during the fast. If necessary, I will take diluted orange juice with me.

Need to lie down, close eyes.

Date: August 01, 2008 12:53AM

I'm having a hard time fasting! Have had orange juice, and ate a peach. I'm so hungry and a little depressed. Not much food in the house... did find some peaches I had stuck in refrigerator because of fruit flies (& because I was always planning to you know what). I do have carrots, celery, cucumbers, beets. Maybe I'll transfer over to vegetable juice...
I'm so hungry and evidently not in mood to fast. This is a struggle---just peachy!

Date: August 01, 2008 02:53AM

Okay. It's all good. I had a glass of vegetable juice: carrot, celery, cucumber, a little beet, a little watercress. I feel better. The time to fast seems to have expired, I so wanted to over a week ago. Perhaps I am a little antsy because of job/work situation.

I'm hoping my friend will go to yoga tomorrow's 10:45 class. I will have fruit smoothie, as the green bananas are ripening (I hope enough). I do have oranges and a couple apples and about 3 peaches. That smoothie can get me through yoga. Will go to store for refreshments...need fruit! Salad fixings! I think I have gotten over worst of seitan cravings...I swear I tasted it coming through mouth tissues...or I was just salivating for it so badly. I love the texture (very chewey!) and it is so well seasoned with red onions, celery, and dill...mmmmm....but, I know, not the best thing for me to eat.....and eat....and eat.....and eat. Not raw. Allergen (gluten). Nasoyanaise. Damn, it's good. *sigh*

I need fruit! That is the trouble.

Date: August 02, 2008 02:45AM

Smoothie bananas, peach
Salad
Plums, grapes

Busy day of housework, gardening. Now am tired and winding down. Will eat small salad with avocado. Better energy today. Went to People's Coop for food replenishment...just what I could carry home.

Date: August 02, 2008 04:27PM

Did not eat salad or avo last night. Had some fruit.

This morning, now having smoothie with banana, large peach, and romaine.
I am stinky lately, bad perspiration odor. I have to keep washing, it's exasperating. It is probably due largely to coffee and cigarettes.

Gardening a must today, I promised friend I would redo a lot of her pots. So, I plan to go over shortly and get it done.

Still no word from job possibility. Hasn't even called the references. I want that job, I don't want the job of looking for one. How I wish I were retired.

Cloudy day still, I don't mind if the sun doesn't come out, I just want to get the planting done that I have to do so I can perhaps continue with my little garden and this project shouldn't be done in strong sun anyway. Still some things to do, and decorate with some rocks. Replant some other plants and start digging in another area to bury produce leavings in.

Date: August 02, 2008 05:18PM

Why do I so strongly resist meditation? It is what makes me feel better, most able to cope. Yet, too, sometimes it fills me with such a sweet nostalgia for a Heaven that I am deeply sad and uninterested in a different way in mundane goings- on, empty and unsatisfying.

I must do some yoga today, by myself, in comfort and discipline of my own time and space. It is muggy enough, outside and inside (climactically and inside my own body) for a warm Bikram yoga. The yoga will be a good antidote to all the bending of planting and lifting bags of soil and pots. I also brought swimsuit, as she has a pool which we haven't even been in yet this summer. It is unheated and we haven't had the usual sun this July. But, it is so muggy and I MYSELF am so MUGGY that I just may take the plunge. I love water. It is time to try out the pool. I think I can fit into my swimsuit now! smiling smiley

And...meditation....why not? WHY NOT? Why don't I surrender? This is the only retirement available, why not take it? Refuge, retirement, time-out, quiet (HA!), retreat from world, this is what I want. Just to sit down and close eyes....what a tallest mountain in the world to climb.

Date: August 02, 2008 07:09PM

Hey, Elakti--

I have been having a lot of trouble meditating lately as well. It's strange; when I was younger and had three kids running around the house, I had a much easier time meditating than I do now. I don't know if it is because as I get older, my attention span is getting worse, or if I am more stubborn about not wanting to discipline my mind, or if I just have too much going on in my head and it is all too cluttered to sort out (or quiet down) -- remember the "wild horses"? Maybe it is all of the above. You know what seems to work really well for me, IF I remember to do it, is making and sticking to a daily schedule, because then I am not trying to remember all the things I need to do; I can just look at the list and save my "RAM" for other thoughts. Am I rambling? Making any sense?

I did pretty well in rawness yesterday and this morning, but cooked fingerlings out of our garden with onions and mushrooms for lunch. I don't eat potatoes raw, and usually not cooked either, but these little potatoes are so delish and grown with love...

Anyhoo, that's all for now. I am trying to not be on the computer so long. Take care!!

Date: August 02, 2008 07:52PM

Save the "ram" for rambling...I like that. Yes, regularity is what I should be doing. Set time.

Little potatoes sound good to me right now! Just had an orange break. Working hard in friend's pots. Oh, my back. Pool? Jacuzi? Most likely!

Am I HUNGRY.

Date: August 02, 2008 07:57PM

Elakti and Sundancer, how interesting that I've been sharing that issue with you as well! I do manage to meditate sometimes, but not as often as I would like to at all. However, I also practice different kinds of meditation; it's not only when you sit and focus on the breath or a mantra, for example. I do walking and eating meditation, work on mandalas...even ironing is a form of meditation for me; one of the times I'm in the true state is when I'm working on one of my excrutiatingly (in a good way!) intricate ink illustrations - unbridaled bliss and discovery;} Meditation happens in those little, unexpected moments sometimes, as well as the times that we set aside for that purpose... I hope that makes sense! I don't know if the words are coming out right today!

Many times what happens when we begin to be very proactive and progressive in our lives is that we encounter some kind of resistance; the ego does not want to change, and will do anything to prevent that forward momentum from continuing. Plus we do have a degree of comfort that we are surrendering, and change can be scary, truth be told! The thing is to recognise all that, acknowledge it, and then LET GO. Live in the "let-go", as Osho calls it. I'm tearing through a book by him now that you would love called "Body Mind Balancing", and it is helping me to bust on through some walls that have imprisoned me for far too long! I'd share more now but am a little limited in my typing ability right now after having done a job on my right middle finger this morning (top right quarter of nail and some of the tip). I think that we all are accomplishing a lot, becoming more aware and acting with grace, strength and poise...keep on, gentle and strong! Much love to you!

Date: August 03, 2008 12:12AM

Wow, Soraya, you just blew my mind! ...and I have to wait to comment on it because you see, I have a three year old who is very cute and charming, and...

Date: August 03, 2008 05:34PM

***LOL***

Don't worry, Sundancer: I know how disarming cute three year olds can be!!!

Hope all's well with you two; enjoy this gorgeous day!!!

Date: August 04, 2008 04:29PM

Ate oranges and a banana first thing. Soon after, made a smoothie with banana, 1/2 apple, strawberries, liquid zinc splash, 2 sticks of celery, and a little hemp powder (sample I got with last book order from rawfoodworld).

Massive elimation this morning in 2 performances. I had more fruit yesterday, with salad also and vegetable juice. I also think the yoga had something to do with the elimination. Yoga was good yesterday, not too too hot, and I enjoyed class very much. Felt so good afterwards. Talked to a lady who was going to her first class and she was kind of nervous, so I allayed her fears and told her about how nice a first class is and she may as well enjoy her one and only "first class"...you get more slack, can drink water any time, and just in general have the luxury of "first class take it easy". She said her son in Hawaii has been doing Bikram yoga for 3 years, and he urged her to try it. She said she saw him recently and he looked great and changed from the yoga.

I notice a little progress in some areas of flexibility and strength. I do believe it is an ingenious creation, this series Bikram put together from the many many yoga asanas. He studied them and selected these particular asanas to systematically treat the body in healthful sequence, finally finishing up with deep spinal work. The last thing is a pranayama blowing out of toxins. Actually, the last thing is the last savasana...a wonderful wonderful wonderful WONDERFULL thing to get to! The top of the mountain, the finish line! Ahhh, a retirement I can enjoy now!

There are so many poses I "hate"...I need them...they are so uncomfortable because that is where I am stiff, unbending, weak, critical, etc.... and as much as effort in the asana itself, there is much to observe and work through in my attitude and acceptance, the mental and emotional attitudes and beliefs, etc. So much DOES happen on the yoga mat!
I must begin a home practice.

Lots of cherries to eat today.
Continue some work in little garden space. I have some small columbine plants, started from seed, to install. A few other little plants to tuck in here and there. It looks good. Painting with plants.

May go to yoga at 10:45, if friend can fit into her busy schedule today. Her daughter is coming in today from New York. I hope we go to yoga!!!! Or, I could do outside in patio! Use sliding glass doors as mirror. It's a thought. How about action?! I'd probably end up pruning plants....instead of myself! smiling smiley

Date: August 04, 2008 07:05PM

Yep, Elakti, so much does happen on the yoga mat; so much so that I need to haul my behind back to it! ;} Really, I found it so insightful what you said about the poses you hate, and the observing & working through your attitudes, beliefs,etc; so, SO true! Seeing how you have attained your goal of getting back to yoga & how much you're loving your practice has inspired me to get back to MY practice of Kundalini yoga...

You are really enjoying your fruit! I'm salivating just reading about your meals. REALLY need to go shopping tomorrow, as I'm just about out of everything but carrots; I swear I'm going to dream about olives tonight! Isn't the body amazing to know what it needs and to transmit that, even if it's something wayyy out of the norm for it?

Have you heard anything regarding the job you interviewed for?

Date: August 05, 2008 01:13AM

I did go to yoga and it was intense. Hot today, and I struggled...intermittently reminding myself to relax and breathe into the struggle! Before class even began I had messy rattled emotions about something rather stupid...breathe breathe breathe, observe, breathe breathe breathe, accept, breathe breathe breathe.

Home again, I had a couple very tasty juicy ripe plums and some cherries. Soon after, a salad with mostly greens (romaine, a little cilantro, a little watercress, a little spinach and thinly sliced cucumber and a whole tomato. Half of it is in refrigerator, I couldn't eat it all. Now 6:00 I am getting hungry...will refortify myself with mega dose of cherries.

Did some gardening.

Am feeling tired, relaxed. Time to repose with book and bowl of cherries. And, of course, make a pile of pits.

That was my last paid for yoga class...now must do home practice.

Still weigh 165. I lose weight in clumps. What a drole word that is: clumps.

Onward! Read book, red cherries, repose!

Date: August 05, 2008 06:29PM

Fruit
Cappucino
wrapp w/ tortilla, avocado, spinach, olive

Housework
gardening

no adjectives! no verbs!

Date: August 06, 2008 04:50PM

Nice day yesterday, nice one beginning today. Masha is at groomer's. She'll be so happy to see me and I will be so happy that she is all cleaned up.

Garden looks nice, I cleaned that up yesterday.

Smoothie this morning: banana, plums, 1/2 papaya.

Last night for dinner I had a most delicious mostest mostest mostest delicious! canary melon! A Gem.

Yesterday was intense in some ways, deeply soul-searching. A Very Good day.

Date: August 06, 2008 06:22PM

I'm with you, Elakti - gotta love those soul-searching days! We've been having a lot of those lately, and that's good for sloughing dead and toxic stuff off / out of our conciousness! It sounds like you are doing rather well, and I'm glad for that...

Don't worry too much about your weight; just focus on maintaining all the good habits you've established, doing things that fulfil your passion and how good you're feeling - as well as the changes in how your clothes are fitting! - and I think you'll be fine for now. Also keep in mind that you are discarding the smoking habit, so that may or may not have some impact on weightloss...

I wanted to let you know that you've inspired me so much with your yoga practice that I've committed to resuming mine from this weekend. I do have a Kundalini tape that I've used form time to time, and a few set manuals, but sometimes you need something to follow along with - or an actual class - for that extra zing, or motivation, you know? So I ordered three new Kundalini DVDs last night from Amazon.com, which should reach me by Saturday; I'm so excited!!! I've missed my yoga, but I fell out of the routine of doing it - to the detriment of my health and wellbeing - but that will be amended shortly! Thank you for your determination to re-establish your practice; that's what I'm aiming for myself!

I just LOVE your dog's name...what made you decide that that's what you were going to call her?

Continue having a good day, Lady (ladies)!

Date: August 07, 2008 12:54PM

Hey chickies!

I feel like it has been forever since I have written; I'm still lurking about, though. I had an okay week, better than the last two have been. I've been in that soul searching mode, too. Also, work drama is starting to come to a head; some of us met, and we feel like there are enough problems that we need to go to the labor board, though, and maybe go in on an attorney to help us out -- lots of garbage with the higher-ups. It sucks, because we just want to do our jobs.

The party went really well on Monday. David made an awesome raw vegan cheesecake, and I have done better with raw foods than the 2 weeks before. I'm not where I want to be, but I can't beat myself up about it because I'm dealing with other things, like my trip to Cali --yay!!! Also tomorrow is another party with David's family for my birthday. I wasn't sure I wanted to do a family thing, but it was set up before I could protest. My daughter goes to school all day. I tried to book a massage, but they were full. I have another meeting with my songwriter friend tomorrow to try to finish this song I am writing, but I am totally unmotivated and uninspired and feel really bad about my mindset, because it is not just in songwriting that I feel this way, but also with my visual art. I think I need to reread The Artist's Way. It really inspired me last year. Anyway, I have all afternoon tomorrow to do what I want, so I can take myself out to lunch and do yoga. I could cancel the songwriting thing if I really wanted to, but I might just go. I dunno... my birthday isn't a big deal this year, but going to Cali is!!!

So my dog has a pretty name too...Booger!! ;} A friend of David's gave the name to him.

All right, that's enough silliness for me. I'm going to go make myself productive. Have a great weekend. I don't know how much I'll be on here because I work a lot this weekend, then I'll be getting ready for my trip. I'll try to check in, and I'll try harder to eat more raw and exercise and do all the things I know I should be doing.

Date: August 07, 2008 02:20PM

I'll jump on quickly, then, Sundancer, and give you my "Have an ecstatically wonderful blessing-filled abundant productive Birthday - and birthYear!" early, then! I 'd even put the date into my phone calender so I wouldn't forget 8/08/08 ;}

You may want to post the recipe for that cheesecake too ;-)

Sorry to hear that things have been so rough at work...I hope things improve soon...

Hope you and Elakti have a great day! Much love to you!

Date: August 07, 2008 05:25PM

Okay---here's the food scoop: yesterday in the afternoon I went to People's specifically to get the "mock chicken salad" -- the seitan. What an exasperating craving/allergy/addiction this is and I am on a bucking bronco and I keep getting thrown, trampled, and I swear that I am going to leave it alone and soon I am back on the vicious thing. I am SO addictive, so biochemically wired for this kind of mess (and, Soraya, I am smoking). Seitan is gluten! I am going to look it up and read what it is exactly and what it does. I remember once years ago I was at a big potluck thing and someone was making a gluten dish...it was a rubbery mass, kind of like rubber cement.

When I eat this stuff, which I crave and just want to eat and eat and eat, I sometimes get a headache and sometimes it knocks me out and I go into deep usually long nap, and it sometimes makes me dizzy. This morning I am so dizzy, cannot go to yoga.

I have more in refrigerator and want to eat it.

This morn. I had a delicious greenish smoothie with apple, mango, plum, lettuce, celery, 3 dates, a little hemp powder.

Your birthday, Sundancer? Happy happy happy birthday! Glad you are looking forward to your trip to see your son. That hopefully will offset all the horrid work problems. Must be bad, to have to resort to Labor Board or even attorney. I know how that is...that's what my former job needs. An intervention!

Soraya, sounds good, getting back into yoga! I don't know anything about kundalini yoga. Enjoy your tapes when they arrive! Isn't it great looking forward to such things?

Have great days...I'm going to look up seitan, out of curiosity. I know I don't need to eat this and it isn't good for me, but I want to look it up.
It sure has a hold on me. Crazy.

I want some right now. I LOOOOOOVE it.

Date: August 07, 2008 08:15PM

Oooo...seitan...Celiac Chicks (celiacchicks.com) have designed a T shirt that says "Seitan Is Evil" winking smiley per the gluten issue; that and the fact that it's made of soy are the two reasons I can't touch the stuff even if I wanted to!

I was unaware that you were smoking, Elakti... there's so much on your plate, young lady, that you are dealing with... I've never smoked, but I can understand addiction, so my "two cents" apart from still offering my support is to keep working with your diet and exercise and to really focus on the emotional rumblings behind the smoking - or the seitan, or whatever else may raise its head. When it comes to food items, I honestly don't try to fight against it, because then I end up thinking about it more and down my defenses go! I just go ahead and have it while making sure I connect with the deeper issue that it's trying to mask / desensitise. Then I either just let it go, get sick of how it makes me feel and let it go or get sick FROM it and then let it go. Heck, it may take a while to work through but that's why they call it a process winking smiley. Just be gentle and flexible with yourself...

Oh...my DVDs just came! I am so happy!!!! YEA!!!

Date: August 08, 2008 12:49PM

Happy, happy day...

Have a wonderful Friday!!!

And, Sundancer...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Date: August 08, 2008 04:25PM

SUNDANCER: HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND BEST WISHES FOR A WONDERFUL HEALTHY AND HAPPY YEAR.

Yes, yes. Easy does it.
I was rather ill from seitan yesterday, seasick dizzy. Low pulse. I ate more seitan. Sick again. I am crazy for a moment of pleasure. Insane. The last time I took a few bites, immediately got dizzy spell. All last eve had the gummy taste in mouth...and was nervous about passing out. Not only dizzy and extremely light headed but vision also literally saw a rocking back and forth of the room.

hold on a minute

just flushed the rest down the toilet where it belongs, rinsed out container and turned on garbage disposal where the remaining gummy gluey bits belong, rinsed everything so I didn't have to lick the sink or eat the container, it's f*%#ing maddening how insanely addictive and weak I can be. Is that the end of seitan obsession? Now I am pissed and depressed.

Let it go. I wish I could just let EVERYTHING go.

Date: August 08, 2008 04:52PM

>Not only dizzy and extremely light headed but vision also literally saw a rocking back and forth of the room.

Elakti, take it easy today, and I hope you recover from that frightening dizziness and vertigo; I know how that feels as refined sugar does that to me, so please take care...

>just flushed the rest down the toilet where it belongs, rinsed out container and turned on garbage disposal where the remaining gummy gluey bits belong, rinsed everything so I didn't have to lick the sink or eat the container, it's f*%#ing maddening how insanely addictive and weak I can be. Is that the end of seitan obsession? Now I am pissed and depressed.

That was me and the last third of a pan of gluten-free brownies last year; when I found myself actually ready to go into the kitchen garbage pail to fork out that last piece I knew I was really in trouble!!! NO, NO, NO you are NOT weak; look at how you've totally overhauled your diet and life in the past few months - so drastically! Tell me, could a weak person do all that? NO. So do not give your power away to an addictive food item. You're clearly allergic to it, and most of what we're addicted to we're also allergic to. I repeat: you are not a weak person!!!

What is important is finding out the WHY underlying the craving and dealing with it... and choosing a healthy way to get some steam off...

We all have our struggles, so cut yourself some slack, okay?

{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Date: August 09, 2008 01:06AM

I am feeling better. Emerging from a fork (ha!) in the road where I took a wrong turn. I just wrote in Soraya's place that I was feeling the "trans-hunger" Hunger and was trying to satisfy it with a fork and my teeth. smiling smiley In a bit of frustration about spiritual matters (oxymoron? spiritual matter!) and I want to have better assimilation, digestion, and I want to be FULL.

I don't know, I just kept eating and eating that "evil seitan". It is still in my mouth and throat. I can taste it. I have had enough. The toilet had the left-overs. The thought of it turns my stomach. I am feeling less dizzy spells and less depression and less of the strange pinpricking itchies on skin, and less bloat with the hours that pass. Man, is that stuff a primo allergen for me! That's all I wanted! I knew it was making me sick and I ate it anyway! I got sicker and sicker and craved it and ate it again and felt wildly neurotic and out of control! And then I wanted more! Just one more bite! That last bite I remember...I almost whooshed out and onto kitchen floor, no kidding. I entertained the thought of Meniere's Disease, that's how dizzy and vertigo-ey seitan-gooey I was.

Went to town, had errands. So, I went to library. Re-newed yoga book, and so happily remembered to get The Snow Leopard by Peter Matthiessen. I read it many years ago. It's a lovely book and I am going back to garden to read under the tree in the shade. Hot day today. Very thirsty (I wonder why?!), need water. Need to continue flushing this seitan, probably!!!

Am craving water and Valencias.

Date: August 09, 2008 11:43PM

A friend called and we went to lunch at People's. I had salad, which was ok (didn't like dressings much). Shopped a bit, and it came to 70.00. wow. I got half of a huge watermelon and ---finally----a delicious one! So sweet and rich in flavor. I got two canary melons, a canteloupe, several mangoes, bananas, oranges, strawberries, plums, 2 papayas, peaches, and romaine. Forgot olives and toilet paper. Sigh.

Am reading The Snow Leopard and it is putting me in a strange state of mind. It is about an expedition through Tibet and Himalayas. Peter Mattiessen is accompanying a field biologist who wants to study the bharal (blue sheep) and also hopes to see the Snow Leopard. They are on foot, trekking through and up and around mountains and valleys, through rain, sleet, and snow, and through time---the more distance they travel the further back in time they go. I am eating watermelon in sunny San Diego, but there are now people in those regions, centuries ago, now. Isn't it strange?

The reality of looking for work is beginning to press upon me and between immersion in this book of Himalayas and thinking about looking for work in retail 20th century I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place. I don't want to.

I will continue to eat watermelon today. I don't have much desire for anything else. This watermelon has redeemed the watermelon name of all the other ones I've tried this season. Brian had a thread about watermelon, wondering if anyone had gotten a good one yet...he hit nail on the head when he commented that everyone he'd had tasted like tap water! So this one is very welcomed and appreciated...finally!!!! It is a seeded one, very red, very sweet, very real.

Back to the Himalayas. My room feels like Delhi.
I was reading in the patio, may go back out there. Water some plants, too, that are wilting in heat. I have a Moonflower vine that I am nursing through the hot days. It needs watering during the day. It need a shade umbrella. I want to see the bloom, which I've never seen..big white fragrant flower which blooms at night or maybe on overcast day.

Author Matthiessen is a zen buddhist, so there are many a propos references to buddhism and other such things that apply to area and culture of Tibet. It is a very interesting read. The trails and mountains and rivers and animals and birds and the sherpas and the weather and on and on...puts me in a strange mood.
I think because I have got to get practical and get my feet moving and get back into work world and think about money, money for rent and organic food and ...

I want to retire. Retire so I can at least just work part-time!

Date: August 10, 2008 03:50AM

Got some good news. I found out through a third party that I may still have chance at the job I thought was in the works and then fell through...it hasn't really fallen through. She just has been so busy she hasn't hired anyone yet.

I've eaten more watermelon, a big juicy plum, and some grapes throughout the afternoon. I did have a spurt of energy and cleaned house. The news and the fruit did me good.

Watching a little bit of olympics. I love sports. I love to see the fitness and the dedication and the concentration of fine athletes.

Took shower. TMI: my body odor is horrendous. This goes with this journal though. I'm sweating out seitan probably! It is hot and humid, but this BO is over the top. Another thing that happened with the seitan episode was a very swollen tongue, indicative of what problems my digestive system was having with the miserable goop.

At People's today...NO desire for it at all!

I still have watermelon left, will have tomorrow too. It was a huge melon. I think a canteloupe will be ready for breakfast...love canteloupe, too. And ... the Canary melons...looking forward to that ecstatic taste. smiling smiley

Current Page: 16 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables