Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
i am a newly converted fruitbat. *waves*
Posted by: crystalbat ()
Date: May 08, 2007 12:47PM

hi smiling smiley
(warning: i didn't realise i was going to rant quite so much!)

i am a female from england, 21 in june, and i have been lurking here forever!
i have always eaten very healthily (veggie at 13) was a 'cooked vegan' until the end of february and then pretty much tried to be a 100% raw munching girl overnight.
i continued, so has been over 2 months now. though i cant say it has been totally 100%, its quite near. i think have done pretty well *beam*.

however, i still include small amounts of tamari, umeboshi vinegar, the best oils i can, miso, small amount of cashews and brazils too, cups of herbal tea, and occasionally a bit of (whispers) raw honey. even though i agree with vegan ideals i feel it is right to eat honey at the moment.
it's always been a confusing one for me though!

i work a part time job and study a bit so i spend nearly ALL my money on food! i love it though, but i seriously need to cut down. i do try - you can see me lurking in supermarkets at the end of the day for delicious bargains. hehe. i live in a modern town/city based around a huge commercial shopping centre with hardly any independant stores/markets. a farmer's market was introduced last month, once a month, so of course i mark off the days with Xs!

on the positive side of things, i LOVE this er, rawdom. so much. the more i read, the more it all makes sense and clicks. i always stood up for the 'fruitarian' diet when talking about it with workmates etc, as they just laughed. i tried to explain how it makes sense hehe but only tried it this year.
i have always been fairly slim but have a strange sticky-out belly which appears a bit more defined smiling smiley my skin has improved a little, i have much less mucous (used to have asthma as a kid, my parents fed me milk every night and all the other usual stuff) i have very insightful thoughts, i feel lighter and more energetic i think, and simple things please me, i started a yoga class too which i love. i am hungry for information!

as far as detox symptoms go, the most definite thing i experienced was about a week and a half into all this, i had a streaaaming cold, constant running nose, sneezes, etc. felt ok though, was just very irritating. in the past few weeks i have had horrible, painful deep and large spots on my face (one of the areas i wish to clear up the most - i dont have acne but my skin was a big complex of mine in the past). recently i have been feeling very down too, i even feel so detatched from my boyfriend of almost 3 years that we are not seeing each other for a while. everyone i work with loves to drink and smoke and as i am a waitress i am surrounded by food too. it is not the worst of places but is not so raw friendly - BUT i do have access to juicers all day when i am there. non organic and limeted selection but v delicious smiling smiley

so basically i feel very left out and isolated...which is not normal for me.
i visited brighton by myself in march which was so wonderful, the chilled out, alternative atmosphere and raw and vegan things everywhere! amazing. i wish i could live there.

though i have faith in the universe and myself i don't know where my life is going and was looking for something to "get back in touch". it feels like raw is it, but lately have been so down and felt the need to talk. meep!

thanks to everyone who has read this far. you all seem very kind and interesting people.

the thing that really made me want to write here is that yesterday i met with my sister (not very close to her but she wanted to buy me a rucksack as a 21st present - as i am going to glastonbury! *so excited* i think it is keeping me going hehe). of course, she doesnt know, neither do my parents (i live with them) but they see the food i eat and i dont lie to them. i just dont want to worry them and whilst they are open minded, i dont feel comfortable telling them yet. i do talk about some health issues with them though, i want to help them.
so i had some roobois tea with my sister in a coffee shop. and a very small bite of a ginger wheat free kinda cake. everything was fine until she wanted to stop again - we bought vegetable sushi (vegan) which used to be my FAVOURITE. she had never tried it and she wanted me to share. she had eating disorders as a teen so i didnt want to refuse for various reasons....(arent the reasons why we eat ridiculous?!) and i had about 6 pieces. it was white rice but mostly fresh and not too bad...

after about an hour i was ready to cycle home, my eyes started itching and feeling weird. i felt a bit spaced out and tired. on my bike ride home i started to feel a bit sneezy (used to get this all the time). when i got in, my throat felt "blocked", the way it does before i get a cold coming on. i was sneezing and then felt exhasted! i had to go to bed. i woke up three hours later at 9pm. decided i should eat (wasnt really hungry) so made a kale, spinach and bok choi salad, marinated in lemon juice, little garlic, olive oil and some pickled lemons too. ate it with avocado, tomato and cucumber.

im not very good at restraining my night time snacking yet, though better than i was. so i ate some nuts, a pear, an apple, few other bits and pieces like dried fruit. and had some roobois chai with honey.

well anyway...i was up late online, but went to bed and eventually woke early this morning feeling SICK. like the food was sitting in my stomach. yuck. i had this a while back after eating some cauliflower tabbouleh (might have been raw onions that time). i thought it would be ok but soon enough i had to make a run for the loo. yuck, *TMI* it was like puking up what comes out the other end when you are ill. i could see bits of rice too.
i slept a bit more and it happened again. i think i just got rid of the last of it and now have no appetite. though fasting appeals to me, at the moment i do find it very hard due to living arrangements and basing my life around meals and food haha. (i used to totally adore cooking things, still do, well blending things..! i get a lot of compliments for my creations and id like to do something with my love for it all) plus i have half a canteloupe in the fridge.

basically i am sort of shocked that my first major slip up (the sushi) caused all this!? i am almost a bit scared, especially as if i travel/go to glastonbury i might even have to slip up again. what kind of reactions do other people get when they eat small amounts of cooked food? it seems for me that cooked grains are far more toxic to me than cashew nuts/other less obvious non raw items which makes them seem ok to me at the moment.

i still don't feel great now.
i feel quite silly for going on this much. what can i say - i have lots of thoughts and like to tell stories.
hope to hear from some of you smiling smiley
love and lychees!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: i am a newly converted fruitbat. *waves*
Posted by: Rian1213 ()
Date: May 08, 2007 12:57PM

Hi ya! I also live in eNGLAND: Southampton, but I go to London quite a lot as my boyfriend lives there.

You seem to be doing very well even if you have just had a mishap, well done, I am not doing as well as you!!!!

I'd like you to tell us what are the issues around honey, I have never understood what is the fuss about it but I am interested.

I am also a full practising Buddhist.

Love,
Rian

Date: May 08, 2007 01:20PM

wow, hi there Rian smiling smiley you have no idea how happy a hello from england makes me. i am all smiley. heheh.

ooh i adore london..but i live in milton keynes...this is so silly, i am a bit paranoid about people finding my identity on here, but what the hey.

thankyou very much, i think reading so much information (books from amazon, websites etc) has made me stick with it and also i was quite creative with my food at the beginning which kept me going. deliciousness.
are you lucky enough to have good health foods/markets nearby?

i am quite interested in Buddhism so that's really cool. i love to read about things like that but have to admit i do not yet know an awful lot about it. i live near the Peace Pagoda and temple in milton keynes though which is really beautiful, a very peaceful place. i like to attend the Hiroshima memorial celebrations there every year where children (and adults) make lanterns to float on a giant synthetic lake. there are practising monks living there. its a strange place, mk..

i take it that you eat honey?
*i do understand the vegan rules on this board so i'll make it brief!*
for me, eating it just *feels right*. many vegans believe that it is just like any other animal product, causes harm to bees when mass farmed, and feel it is taking something from the insects. i also read a lot people stressing the fact that it is 'bee vomit!'
i guess i am lucky in that i can sometimes find ethically sourced and sort-of-local honey. i have read a few articles from the beekeeper's point of view (obviously biased i know!) and currently like to include it in my diet.
[www.vegetus.org]

hmm not sure what else to add...it might seem hypocritical at times but i know a good few vegans do eat it.

anyhoo nice to meet ya!

feel a little better now, might attack that melon!

Posted by: Monark ()
Date: May 08, 2007 02:36PM

Welcome, crystalbat ! So nice of you to share your story smiling smiley . Glad you decided to start posting !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 08, 2007 07:55PM

Hi there hun..welcome to the site...for real like posting and everything hehe..and congrats on taking your first few steps on your raw journey!!!! your story was nice to read thank you for sharing that with us!!!!! i hope that you find what you are looking for on this journey i know you will do well you sound so determined!!!! hmm yeah the honey is bee vomit..they eat then through it up as honey....but hey whatever works for you si what i think...just watch outon themain board smiling smiley they get serious!!!
take care and look forward to hearing your awesome journey!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: meow ()
Date: May 08, 2007 09:01PM

hello and welcome! it was great to read about your journey, you are doing amazing so far! i'm sorry the sushi caused you so much pain! but that means that your body was really pure and toxin-free, which is wonderful!

i'm 100% vegan but i never really considered honey to be an animal product even though i don't eat it. i guess that's b/c i HATE bees! lol. but i don't eat it for the same reason- i hate bees and am disgusted by them, so i couldn't eat something they crawled all over or vomited or whatever it is they do to make it. i used to work in a health food/supplement store and so many people swore by eating raw honey. so maybe you are onto something!

good luck and i hope you continue to journal!

Date: May 08, 2007 11:41PM

haha yeah meow i am with ya..haha i don't think i could eat the stuff..(i have never tasted it in my life lol)...but after knowing the process and it is vomit which is how it is produce..i could never...but a lot of people do swear by it..and it is an excellent source of the vit b's smiling smiley
good luck hun
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 08, 2007 11:45PM

i have a bat tattoo'd on my butt smiling smiley

i like bats smiling smiley

*hopes that wasnt too much info lol*

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: May 08, 2007 11:47PM

hi meow and earthangel! smiling smiley
you are both really sweet, grinning smiley nice to hear from you.
like i said i've been reading here lots so i have read a few of your threads before hehe.
isn't it great to have a little place of your own to post like this?

i am really surprised about the sushi - i still don't feel right. slept most of today and had no appetite! (i find this soooo weird, but i do understand more about listening to what your body wants and how fasting is nothing like how most of society sees it. so its ok i am just mentally not used to not eating). have been very achy too. am going to have a bath and an early night. i love how baths make everything better. well, they do for me.

i did have some melon and some miso soup with small amount of shredded carrot though, as i had to go out to an evening class.

whilst the honey isn't too big a deal, i do sort of have weird feelings about it...more than i did before. went through a phase of just alternative sweetners like agave and maple (pre raw). i have nothing against bees in theory but wasps, arrrgh... i used to be terrified as a child and dont like them near me, so meow i do sort of know what you mean. honey does have a strange sort of taste too...foriegn and er beelike. perhaps after this jar has finished i shall see how i do with other alternatives. i have some agave to use up too (raw debatable i know). enough with honey talk though.

i am loving all my new experiences and tastes though, i have made some fantastic things, i shall post when more happen hehe.

also i didnt mention but i used to work in a coffee shop and was just so addicted to the stuff. even as i worked there i gradually weaned off. (onto soya choc!) in the last year i have drank less and less and now i dont even desire it at all. this is a MASSIVE thing for me as i used to love having this addiction, routine, you know. when ultimately you think you are enjoying it but it is trapping you, your money, etc. it was funny to observe all the customers. i used to tell people i was supplying a nation of drug addicts. which i was. i also loved sugar, used to eat it in concentrated amounts. so i am very proud of these two things. i love how my body has detatched itsself from these non foods. i work near a krispy kreme (erg) and we get so many free - i see everyone eating them and it is just so bizarre! that is not food.

however i hope my appetite comes back soon.

Date: May 08, 2007 11:47PM

haha aww how cute i would ask to see it but umm never mind lol...
okay really gotta get off here haha
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 08, 2007 11:56PM

Jgunn, that is awesome. the name crystal bat is from the film The Dark Crystal grinning smiley

when i go cycling and the sun sets, sometimes i see bats roosting (i think that is the word hehe?). no one else seems to notice, or they think they are small birds. they look so cool. flittery.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 09, 2007 12:10AM

yea theyre pretty nifty smiling smiley

now i gotta add *moon EA* to my top 100 things to do before i die =p

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Inaia ()
Date: May 09, 2007 01:40AM

Hi CrystalBat! Welcome. smiling smiley
Oh- the honey thing. Well I see Raw Vegan books & sites & recipes that advocate & include eating raw honey- so I made the mistake of asking about it on the main board here and many people were like "ugh! SOOOOO WRONG"- but whatever! I tried it on some avocado because I am obsessed with avocado and my Brazilian friend told me they do it every summer in Brazil and that it is awesome. I hadn't eaten honey in years and I really liked it. I don't know how to feel about it. My body has actually felt very good after eating some raw honey. I love bees & I think they are cute but the bee puke thing seems kindda gross. Also, I've been vegan for like a million years and raw for about 2 1/2 months now or so. I still eat it sometimes but very rarely. I just do what feels right for me. I am no one else's responsibility but my own. I gotta watch out for me.

It's very awesome that yo are on this journey. Keep up the good work and doing what makes you feel alive and happy and taken care of. Best... Inaia

www.inaia.com

Date: May 09, 2007 04:10AM

haha jodi that is funny...hmm well i am sure it is cute though...i have a friend with a pair of lips on her butt haha..they are cute though..but i didn't know where they were and she was like wanan see my new tatoo?? i wasl ike sure..and bam down went the knickers haha....she is such a jokester...lol
hmm Inaia is right now one is repsonsible for you but you!! so enjoy what you like and go with it if you body feels good smiling smiley
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 09, 2007 03:15PM

hi Inaia - yeh, i love how in Brazil and places avocado is mainly a sweet food - i have tried it as a sweet chocolate pudding but nothing else yet, wow, a whole world of ideas to explore...i saw a recipe somewhere for avocado pineapple lime shake i think.

hehe, a friend of mine did the same to me earthangel - "wanna see my tattoo?" unexpected hehe..she was wearing a dress so it was even funnier.

aw, i love this board.

today i made a simple blended avo, tomato (some were yellow), basil, cucumber and spinach sort of soup. pretty good but probably a bit heavy after yesterday.
then i ate the most delicious papaya.

Date: May 10, 2007 08:09AM

hey there hun..the soup sounds yummy...i loe making mixes in the blender and seeing what i can do with them haha...like is a thicker mix for a sauce or a thinner one for soup...hmm well keep up the awesmoe work hun!! you are doing so good!! i am soo happy for you doing these wonderful things for your body..keep on keeping on!! take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 15, 2007 06:38AM

Hey hun..how was your weekend?? i hope all is well with you and things are going great!! keep us posted on how life is going!!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 15, 2007 01:22PM

hey! <3
there i was, coming to update, and there's an earthangel saying hello. wow!
(hope you're doing cool too. i really need to start posting around a bit on other threads!)
i have been a bit ill since the sushi incident! completely lost my appetite for a few days, totally unlike me! and felt really, really *sad* too. my living situation is quite stressful, i have exams coming up and relationship problems (which i think were triggered by rawness...) also stopped taking the pill about a month ago. i think its causing hormone havoc! during that time i did find some pink grapefruit very refreshing though (never liked it before) and i had some miso soup with veggies (not cooked, just put into the warm soup. i think that helped. i am not sure whether it was even related to the sushi or not, because i have lost my voice and have a lot of yucky stuff to cough up. my family have it too. i feel ok now though smiling smiley

my weekends and weekdays are opposite to most people's at the moment, as i mostly work weekends. so it has been veeery busy, but i've still managed to be more or less raw. yay! so far i have been very lucky and have not had any hardcore cravings. i just make sure i have lots of other stuff to eat.
i make salads and take them to work and my colleagues are generally quite bemused as to why i dont eat the restaurant food for free. but then they call me a "dirty veggie" anyway. i find it quite funny (theyre not completely evil about it, just ravenous beef munchers)

currently sprouting some chickpeas..i am thinking sundried tomato hummous type thing. except i have no tahini left. anyone think ground sesame and oil/water will work in replacement nicely? mm i love sesame seeds..

today I have had water with lime, an organic orange, and am going to have a large lunch later involving avocados, broccoli and coriander somehow. I shall see how it comes out.

this board is so interesting and very supportive. like i say i have been lurking which in a way was supportive as its good to read of experiences, recipes, questions. yay for delicious raw foooood.

my real goal is to really detox enough so that my skin problems disappear for good.
i have seen a tiny improvement but all the spots are still there...my ma has very oily skin and i take after her. But it is true though that she doesnt look her age! in my opinion my skin routine is very good. and not too intensive either, i know not to strip the oils and stuff...i am just so sick of the problems, they have caused me so much shyness in the past.

i never understand how people who eat so much rubbish can have such amazing skin. the body seems to indeed be an enigma sometimes..

Date: May 15, 2007 01:29PM

for me, I think raw is juuust what i needed. you know, the feeling of stripping yourself down and so things start to fit together. well, things don’t fit at all yet but i am starting to feel the changes! i love how things like "the secret" (which i have not seen but have read about) are often linked with this lifestyle. a few months back i wrote some lists of goals and things and they are starting to manifest.
one of the more materialistic ones was to get glastonbury tickets (a seemingly impossible feat!) and for weeks i was putting pictures everywhere, thinking about what i would be doing when i was there, talking in a positive and present tense about it hehe. and i didnt get tickets the first time (was online refreshing, and on the phone for 3 hours!) and i tried again a fortnight later. i cried both times haha because i believed so strongly that i was going.
then i read about a very last chance and had to try. i got them within 10 mins of being on sale. to me this is just amazing and so significant, i have wanted to go for years and feel like i should be there every time its on tv. so that’s pretty much all i think about now grinning smiley feels like a big magical achievement! i hear they have coconut and tropical fruit stalls and lots of vegan stuff but apart from that i shall see.. might bring lots of lara bars (hard to find in uk but quite delicious in times of need)

ooh, my dad took me to the nearest wholefood co-op type thing last week. Its about half an hours drive. He used to take me when I was little to buy granola. I always love going.
i don’t have loads to spend (saving for summer!!) but I bought some unpasteurised sauerkraut to try.. cold pressed sesame oil. olives which seem to be raw. sun dried apricots. hemp seeds. sun dried tomatoes without all the crap. What else… hmm just lots of goodies. my (small, seperate) cupboards are bursting!

i have got some great bargains lately.. every saturday before work i go to the indian stall on my local market if i can. most of the time the market is rubbish. but these guys sell young coconuts (they are definitely coated in something but hey..) bulk mangoes, ripe limes, herbs, baby bananas, chikoo, and these are only the things that i buy! they have everything and are so friendly too. they always offer to cut my coconuts. this week I saw mangosteens and DURIAN too. Which is a totally freak occurrence. i really wanted to buy one but I couldn’t realllly take it to work (the smell). i don’t find the smell too offensive at all. (back in march I brought one back from london to try. totally mixed feelings about it, at times I loved it and then it got too much. i think it was a bit over ripe. I am just so intrigued and wanted to try it again.

in the supermarkets I got a delicious pineapple for 40p! asparagus for free! (reduced and 2 for 1 offer, till took all the money off..) ripe pears, very cheap. it makes me happy. lol. i’ll stop now.

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 15, 2007 03:37PM

Hello there---

sounds like you are doing really great!!! Another young person getting into raw and sounding so good and strong and positive. It is wonderful. Thank your lucky stars that you are on the right track at such an early age. Stay with it and you will spare yourself a lot of trouble later on. When everyone is saying the familiar .."when I hit my 40's...everything started hurting and I started falling apart"...you will be clean, limber, healthy, strong and I know you will have beautiful skin!

Keep it up. Keep enjoying this food and enjoy your journey!!!

Elakti

Date: May 16, 2007 03:17AM

Hey hun..yay glad you are still here!!! alright on getting to go to the whole food co op that is awesome!! sounds like you got a bunch of good stuf...ooh i wish i had acess to fresh mangosteen that is AMAZING STUFF for your helath it heals everything!! get some and try it!! soo good!!! durian oh i can't take that stuff YUCK haha more power to you to be able to handle to the smell and enjoy them smiling smiley...
well take care i am running back and forth from computer to tv for the series finale of gilmore girls smiling smiley
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 16, 2007 02:24PM

aww, earthangel if i could send you fresh mangosteens i would (defies the point though really. i should say if i could send you to thailand i would!)

they are in some big uk supermarkets now! (short season though i guess) but none of the cashiers have a CLUE bless them, yesterday i caused so much hassle. she ended up putting it through as a pomelo..i guess i am pretty lucky, i just spend my life keeping my eyes open for all these chances and strange fruits.

haha durian i am still not sure about..i guess i just want to really understand what it's all about! it is just the smell isnt it...when i tried it i had to keep it in the garage, and even then my parents were desperately wanting me to get rid of it.

i have a box of muscat grapes which are just sooo sweet and delicious.
and i made my chickpea sundried tomato type hummous. it was ok but not amazingly wondrous. hmm.
i keep snacking...and eating all sorts of foods in weird combinations especially at night..looads of nuts. something i need to work on but its such a big habit of mine. eep.
haha hope you enjoyed gilmore girls grinning smiley
and hope you are feeling much better - think i read somewhere you were having some detoxy symptoms, which sucks but as you know is also GREAT!

Date: May 17, 2007 09:22AM

hey hun..aww sooo sweet thanks smiling smiley i would love to have a trip to thailand paid for by love haha..that is sooo sweet...wouldn't it be awesome if that was the case you wanted to send someone somewhere you just have to have the true desire or sincerness and it happens??? haha okay back to reality..

so your hummus...did you soak the chickpeas only over night?? that is the best they don't get weird then..soak them overnight and then use them right away...i find that works best..did you add raw tahini and a drizzle of olive oil?? that always helps tahini is a must smiling smiley so look into that too..and make surey ou soak those tomatoes for a while so they are soft and mush and mix well smiling smiley.....good luck..maybe a dash of garlic and salt..or some fresh basil is yummy to!!! i personally like zucchini instead of chickpeas..i use a whole zucchini (peeled or unpeeled your choice) makes it yummy too!! try it out as well!!

oh i loved the last episode of gilmore girls ahah i loved it...well thank you so much for the sweetness i am feeling from you!!
have a wonderful day hun!! take care and have fun...
oh and durian haha no i can't do it ..that pungent smell lol..awful awful hmm i bought some starfruits today we will see how that goes...oh and a papaya never really tried this one it is a strawberry papaya??? oh and a kiwi horned melon haha so we will see!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 21, 2007 07:12AM

hey hun..hope all is well with you and you had a fabulous weekend!!! let me know how things are going..i hope you are feeling better!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 22, 2007 09:15PM

hey crystalbat! i've read your journal but i don't think i posted yet...? so a big welcome to raw foods and to the community! everyone here is awesome and supportive and just glowing, i know you'll love it!

it sounds like you have some delicious fruit! where do you live? i'm in cali but i don't think we have such great variety! maybe i just don't know where to shop, hehe.

i second the zucchini hummus idea. i use 1.5 peeled zucchinis, 3 T raw tahini, 1 T olive oil, 4 garlic cloves and a little less than 1/4 c. lemon juice. you could also add a tiny bit of celtic sea salt if you prefer. it's really good!

Date: May 23, 2007 05:08AM

Hey hun..just stopping by to say hi..i hope all is well with yoU!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 25, 2007 04:36PM

hi everyone, thanks so much for trying to catch up with me haha
i am elusive and have been super busy with exams, working more, but the studying is over now so that is a weight off me mind!
still quite a busy mad time, i want to take a day asap and catch up with online stuff and just those little bits...and chill..despite all of these i have stayed pretty much as i was in terms of rawdom! woo!
i think i am passing through the stages of 'transition' quite quickly and now the other thoughts are popping into my head...how to deal with social events, relationships, buying food etc..continue learning what i right and wrong for my body..this is something that i feel is so right grinning smiley that i dont want to stop, obviously i dont like having too many boundaries so will probably make exceptions in life sometimes. hmm

anyways hi meow! have read a bit of your blog too, thanks for the welcome! i actually live in england in a town/city with pretty much only big chain supermarkets but i scrounge and keep my eyes (and mangoes) peeled for any weird delicious things. luckily there is quite a mix of cultures so i stop by the indian stalls on the market and big supermarkets have a certain amount of tropical fruit..made a mango guava smoothie the other day mm mm!
even though i agree with seasonal and local eating, the variety (and mangoes) are keeping me going just at the moment.

earthangel, thankyou i am feeling much better grinning smiley
keep meaning to stop by yer pages..

still have mixed up emotions. but i love how i feel all my dietry changes have transformed my mind so much, i see everything differently, isnt it a strange thing. i read somewhere else on this board about someone saying they felt like when they look back pre raw diet they feel weird like that person isnt them.
gaah so many thoughts, but i have to go just now.
thanks for being so sweet caring and naturally cooool.

keep meaning to post more about what i eat, because i think it is a LOT, and i graze a lot too...def need to work on that but i am really improving slowly, resisting food late at night so much (i am often up tres late as i often work evening shifts at a restaurant)

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: May 25, 2007 06:45PM

Just thought I would post in and say hello!!..lol another uk raw-bie! yay! lol

Sounds like you are doing well hun, agreed it can be hard sourcing things cheaply if all you have access to is the bog standard tesco etc which have poor quality fruits.

Anyway have a good holiday weekend hun!

xxx

Date: May 25, 2007 09:58PM

hey sweetie! wow i can relate to you so much. first about the mangoes- how did i never eat these before? they are by far my favorite food at the moment, i get soooo sad when i cut into one and it's overly ripe and too mushy to taste good, i swear i almost cry!

but more importantly, i can relate to how you feel your thinking has changed. when i first went 100%, the first few days i felt totally NOT me. i had no idea who i was anymore. i was overwhelmed by all the new things i suddenly wanted to learn about and experience, all the new ideas i had to jot down every 5 minutes, and all the new causes that suddenly felt so important to me. it's been a whirlwind but i love how much i've changed and how i feel so much more connected to the world and really in it now, as opposed to just being concerned with my own life. the raw lifestyle has ties to the enironment, animal rights, human rights and the economy, among other things. all of these issues are so important right now, so it's hard to not care about them once you're raw and you see how much power your choice of food really has. it's amazing!

but don't worry if you feel a bit off-center. it's hard when a few weeks of big changes completely undo many years of living and thinking- but it's also really really cool. not many people are willing to change and rethink the way they view the world, so i think we are really lucky to have this experience open our eyes in a different and exciting way smiling smiley

have a great day and good luck getting through your exams!

Date: May 26, 2007 03:13AM

hey hun!! welcome back smiling smiley....glad to hear from you and to hear you are doing well!! and hanging int here...oh mango's are magnificent LOVE LOVE them...ooh and meow i get sad to get into one and it isoverly ripe too!!!!

don't worry it is tough when you first get into 100% your emotions will come flooding outand you will not feel normal...because you ahve to deal with all this instead of covering it or not feeling it with cooked you kno??? so hang in there..and let those emotions go!! it is good for yoU!!!
take care of yourself!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables