Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: i am a newly converted fruitbat. *waves*
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 01, 2007 04:04AM

hwere did you go?? hope all is well!! let us know how life is treating you!!
take care doll!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: crystalbat ()
Date: June 02, 2007 01:34AM

helllooooo!
earthangel, you are like queen of the diary forum (well one of them)
it feels like you are looking after me haha thanks for asking

you know i always think of so much to say
and to write down what i ate
but when i come to post i either don't have time (should really be in bed now) or something comes up etc yada.

i am busy but am loving it and have STILL STAYED RAW! i just don't desire many naughty cooked things at the mo.

had AWFUL digestion today.
made more chickpea hummous (sprouted 2-3 days, tails just showing)
i think that might have been what did it. which is super unusual for me, i can usually cope fine with 'em. i think it has mostly passed now.

thanks for the zuccini recipes though guys, i tried one a while back, might give these a go too smiling smiley

have been munching and chopping and slicing and such a lot lately. it is hard because i am working lots lately and we have a 20 MIN break (in 8 or so hour shifts). which means i have to stuff down food then work again if i eat.

talking of mangoes, my friend was feeling sad (and decided to have a sweets and chocolate-less week) so i said we should share a box of mangoes. off i go to the market and bought some alphonsos....OH MY
oh my
the best mango experience i have ever had. i ate one in a park on a hot sunny day, it had been sun warmed and i made such a mess but woww...

like i say, i know all these tropical exotic things arent optimal healthwise but i do enjoy them so.

it is my birthday on sunday which is a bit awkward, i am 21, have no big plans at all. i dont want to drink. i hate smokey bars so wont even go out really. i dont want a meal out with my family because i can think of no where suitable (most places are chains round here). (they know i eat different and am used to veggie/vegan habits but i am not ready to chuck this at them even though they love fruit n veg). i shall see. and hopefully not force down cake. i dont knoww...

i am going to a festival tomorrow though which sounds fantastic and the weather is great

i always think of so many things to say here,,,they will come out eventually
i wanted to write about emotional eating and addictions, soon...

anyhow today i ate

one mango (it was JUST turning...i too, get extremely sad when such beautiful foods are ruined and wasted. seriously, a sadness!)
small amount of sprouted chickpeas and cherry tomatoes
romaine lettuce wraps with raw spinach hummous, alfalfa, cucumber, red pepper, olives, ermmm i put so much in here i cant remember. did it again with swiss chard.
had quite a lot.

1 fresh fig (girl at supermarket till didnt know what it was?? a mangosteen ok but a fig?)
few fresh dates (OMG....i found a box of these for £2..they are very gooey and moist. yum. doesnt say what type. but are from iran i think.

lychees
banana
small amount of homemade trail mix
few cherries (divine)

at work i drank an apple cucumber mint and lime juice.
and small amount of fresh green tea (weak)

i also snack a lot and graze so i probably ate more

another thing is that i am v aware of food combining and always mean to to follow it but dont. usually things are ok but today, eeeek pain, i think it was the lunch followed so shortly by the fruit due to my shifts.

i will post again soon and i think of you all and how sweet and interesting you are! appreciate all the replies, they definitely do help smiling smiley
x * X

Date: June 02, 2007 05:32AM

hey there hun!!!!! yay i am soo excited you are still eating raw and loving it!! that mango sounded yummy!! hmm i bet you enjoyed that box!! they had 3 mango's for a dollar at the local health food storea nd i bought 12 of them!!! i haven't dug into them yet but i am sure they are going to be yummy!!!!
well keep up the awesome work!! take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 04, 2007 12:56AM

yeeay bargain mangoes!
well i haven't eaten all of them yet..hehe i have too many other things
(i feel very lucky at the moment even though my situation is not in the least ideal)

my weekend has been kind of strange

i have been dreaming a lot about raw and cooked food lately (weird) and the weirdness of eating cooked things.
anyway, went to this festival on saturday. for breakfast: kiwi fruit and papaya. ate cherries and grapes before i left too.
stopped into a veggie restaurant with my boyfriend first. we shared a meal of gado gado which came with salad. so i mostly ate the salad and some of the stir fried veg with the nut sauce. it was SO weird to eat that after going so long avoiding it. i was almost afraid, but i think i needed to experiment as i am going a few places this summer and am wondering how my body is going to react to these things. apart from some awful bloating and wind (which i keep getting after i eat anything lately) things were ok. then i ate a lara bar (rare round here, but very nice as a treat!) had been snacking too on cherries and lychees.
as you can tell a lot of my money goes on food!
when i got to the even i saw people walking round with young coconuts and straws! so of course i got ridiculously excited and tracked down a stall. WOW, i have never seen something as so cool (well, not where i live)
coconuts machete opened in front of your eyes
watermelon chunks
long sticks of sugarcane
fresh cut pineapple
fresh fruit cups
yeah
(i did not eat all of these)
i bought a cool coconut (it was a very hot day)
but had no spoon to scrape out the flesh
i carried my cocofriend round all day
boyfriend had some falafel burger thing
and i decided to have a salad from this veggie van. very delicious actually! even if it was dressed with a bit of tahini(not raw)

later i resisted and had the watermelon
(and pineapple)
waited and had ANOTHER coconut. this time the stallholders said they could cut them open after i had finished so i ate the flesh too.

so a not entirely cooked day but not a very healthy one either

just wanted to break up my long posts!
Date: June 04, 2007 01:02AM

..today was my birthday
i ate very little until late afternoon because of my poor and annoying digestion.
did have some grapes and snacks of cucumber, spinach and cherry tomatoes

my parents offered to get an indian takeaway. now we hardly EVER do this and the indian food round here isnt the most horrific thing you can eat, but still, i got pretty frustrated and secretly quite upset because of course i just wanted to do my own thing. i really did just want to run away (move out!) rather than explain..

it was such a strange 21st, most people my age would take much joy in drinking alcohol in excess, going to smoky clubs, eating birthday cake.. i cant/dont enjoy these things anymore (well i only enjoyed the cake thing last year not the other two). and i dont feel like i am missing things.. but i just dont have the right friends to have the fun i want to right now.
in the end i made stuffed avocados (sundried tomatoes, basil, red pepper n stuff) as a sort of starter for me and ate some cooked indian food ;
dal
chickpeas and spinach and onions
more cooked spinach
small amount of basmati rice
small amount of peshwari naan (!)
i had mine with cucumber, coriander and mint (mint from my garden!)
and sliced banana (my dad likes this with curry)

again, not entirely awful....but still, it brought me down a bit. definitely cannot eat as much cooked as i could before!! i felt quite, quite stuffed after not an awful lot.

my parents bought me a raspberry pavlova too...as a sort of cake
(i asked for a watermelon as a present haha, they tried v hard to find one but they must have sold out in this weather)
they did say they understood that i might not enjoy it. so that's cool. at least they werent offended when i picked at the raspberries. i did eat some scraps of the meringue though,which is odd for me.
i have eaten bits of cardomom chocolate too. v posh and unrefined but still not great.

i ate a lot today. i am feeling slightly odd that i ate the foods i did (and very tired) but not too bad for i know that i now prefer the fresh zingy colours of raw things.
an interesting lesson smiling smiley

oh yes, and at the festival yesterday i bought a 2nd hand book on kundalini yoga recipes grinning smiley lots and lots of info on the spiritual sides of food which of course i am very interested in. YAY!

Date: June 04, 2007 06:58AM

hey hun...
happy birthday to you
happy birthday to you
happy birthday dearest crystalbat
happy birthday to yoU!!!
hey hun...well good job tracking down some yummy raw foods at the festival!! you are doing great...don't sweat the small things....you are doing great and you will be fine..tomorrow is always another day!! keep up the good work hun and i am always here for ya!!
love earthangel
xoxoxxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

amazingnesssssss
Date: June 09, 2007 11:13PM

aww hi love!!! thanks so much for my song!
how very sweet.
crystalbat....hehe sounds amusing in a song

i am in the BEST MOOOD

had another pretty manic week, been working lots but eating lots of yumminess.
also didnt mention but i ate durian on my birthday...previously wasnt sure what i thought but i saw them for sale randomly and couldnt refuse. i actually really enjoyed the experience this time round simply because it is one of the most interesting foods ive ever tasted. haha.. AND it made me feel really, really high afterwards, the first few pods i ate. most odd. really annoyed everyone in my house though...

the reason i am in such a great and inspired mood is because i had a day off today and decided to just GO FOR IT and travel three hours on trains and buses and quite a way on foot to the bristol vegan fayre where there was a raw section. now the whole area was an amazingly cool place to be but i had SUCH a great time meeting some raw folk, aaagh it is a first for me so it was so wonderful. and now i know for sure that i am on the right path, i mean everyone was SO glowing, happy, beautiful, peaceful, FUNNY! motivated and just out of this world.
(was really strange after leaving the place.... and walking amongst all the other sorts of people in the 'general public')

ok so i tried a lot of raw chocolate today...not something i normally do but this may explain my crazily hyper mood - today it feels good so its ok. and its INSPIRED ME.

i saw talks by shazzie, kate wood and a few others from various different websites and all sorts. ahhh internet, how i love thee. i have to admit, shazzie was one of the best talks, revolutions and conspiracies and wild food and aaagh it was so refreshing to take part in all of this, so glad i went (on my own hehe)
after the talk shazzie poured maca powder, pure cacao beans and agave syrup into all of these people's hands and we all tried it...i know this board has very eclectic beliefs about these foods and superfoods and such but it was fantastic to see all these people try it and talk about raw food.

on the way there a girl stopped me and asked directions, she was raw too ahhh it was mad. i knew it was going to be a good day then. i think she has been raw for a long time and was doing a juice fast and liver cleanse and she gave me some pointers for a new raw peep. which was sweet. i think she might have thought me a little odd though..but we found the place together and she went to work on a stall.
and it i met an absolutely stunning faery girl who i spoke to on myspace who was very sweet to me. smiling smiley i think i love her.
i got lots of samples and tasters and flyers and magazines and compliments on my shiny way of dressing today haha. so funnnn.

spent a heck of a lot on products..whoops..i just cant get them anywhere else. like raw cashews. actually got some barleygrass powder. anyone wish to comments about using this? and black tahini. hemp seeds. lots of other gloriousness! i guess these are all quite 'gourmet' things and i am enjoying eating more simply now, but i do love being creative so hey.

only thing is, because it was a vegan fayre in general and not raw, there was absolutely nowhere that just sold SALAD type food. everything was lovely but cooked. or pastry type stuff. or dried.
or juice. and some of the juice was questionable.. i had a beetroot, apple and lime which was very nice but not made in front of my eyes which was a shame. kinda pulpy...but i wasnt going to argue, had such a sweet day. i should have been more organised. i did bring some cherry tomatoes with me and other snacks to eat but i ended up eating a bag of green salad which my lovely new friend gave me, and some celery, which was actually quite cool. ate more chocolate cake with goji berries...cripes...cant believe how much of that i ate in one day, eep, powerful stuff. even though many believe it is toxic and i may be inclined to agree, it is hard to deny the effect it gives on your mood (if only at first). hmm. interesting!

i am totally inspired, i NEED to change my life, soon. i need to do the things i want to do to be happy. and i thank rawness for making me slowly realise more clearly. YAY!

i also need to do yoga more often.
love love love
!

Date: June 10, 2007 08:40AM

hey there things seem to be going great for yoU!!! keep up the good work..congrats on going to the raw fair..that sounds like a great thing..and good that you made some wonderful new friends...
keep up the good work hun
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 13, 2007 08:55AM

Hey there..how are things going??? i hope all is well and you are enjoying all those yummy raw products you bought at the festival!!!! keep us updated with your life...take care
love earthangel
xoxoxooo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

LONG LOVELY LIST OF LOQUACIOUSNESS
Date: July 04, 2007 02:43PM

aaaaagh
eeeeeeeeeee

well my life is one big whirling spiral of change
wow, i guess this is my transitional period. it sure feels like it.
been so busy i havent had time to gather thoughts really let alone write them here sad smiley which is shame because you are all wonderful <3

ok so i have landed myself a job working for a raw company with amazing faery people in brighton, vegetarian etc and alternative capital of the uk, woo! it is such an amazing and vibrant place i think. i fell in love with it in march and wished for a reason to move. now i can escape my going nowhere job and stagnant life and move somewhere with potential! the company is a raw chocolate company, which i know a lot of you aren't into, but i have an open mind and see the good and the bad in it, plus the company in general are ethical and forward thinking and revolutionary and its a CHANGE! with raw folk how weird

so im going to move out on my own for a new life haha.
my relationship has pretty much disintergrated, not sure what to even think about it, its just all so weird and confusing but i know im heading in the right direction.

have been eating a lot of just GREEN salads lately, delicious
(brighton is so good for fresh organic produce, i am spoilt! bought some home to eat before i move) haha i have purple cauliflower (any ideas?!?) and yellow beets. mmm.

so i make green smoothies a lot too.
unfortunately after
GLASTONBURY festival (amazing) i did get back into some late night time snacking habits, sort of entertaining eating you know..not good. also had a few cooked things like vegan chai and vegan soulfood muffins, and free hare krishna food (strangely delicious in a cooked kind of way) so i slipped quite a bit that week but it was a once in a lifetime experience. i did eat the majority raw though, the fruit stall was my friend.

also ubiquitous shredded cabbage/carrot/lettuce/etc salads (not quite like coleslaw but almost) are surprisingly satisfying at festivals if you do not want to make a fuss and look round. i had lots of these, some with cooked hummous but ah well.

strange, apart from one major 3 day sneezy cold thing back in april, i have not had any scary or extreme detox symptoms at all really, in 5monthsish of eating mostly high raw diet. sometimes little things, like tiredness, spots (not unusual for me) and odd throat feeling for a little while. perhaps i am due something big..eek. but i have noticed i feel soo much better about my skin though it is not perfect, it does have a glow which it didnt before grinning smiley this makes me v happy. have lost weight too but not very noticably, i think about 1/2 a stone.

feel i really over eat and am addicted to food in a lot of ways, i am working on it (keep going backwards and forwards) and am looking forward to being around more raw friendly folk. there are even raw pot lucks, amazing! i feel that i should do a cleanse/fast now, that i am ready, but i just cant, living with my parents at the moment. not long to go though. not sure what the right thing for me would be yet either.i dont get feelings of hunger very much at the moment.

i feel strange about it all because msot of the time i am not shy at all but for some reason when it comes to meeting people from 'the internet' i get strange about it, probably because they see right into the real you and so you skip a step of social interaction, im not sure. and everything raw related for me has been via the net. so i hope i dont get too shy. but hope to make lots of new friends. and then come back (2 hours away) and make food for my parents hehe.

for some reason i keep eating
red cabbage leaves rolled up with tahini, raisins and olives, and maybe something green. i LOVE raisins and olives. or anything sweet and salty. not good probably.

here you can see what i ate so far today, just for fun

1/2 a mango
1 papaya

large green salad with
romaine
rocket/arugola(??)
cucumber
fresh yummy brighton lollo rosso(?)
chopped celery
alfalfa
with lemon olive oil (+tiny agave and salt) dressing
shelled hemp seeds
so satisfying

then i had an apple. heh..
green raisins and dried black olives (here i go again)

had yerba mate tea too (i still drink a lotta tea)
will prbably have a large shredded salad later and will try not to over snack..eek

have eaten a lot of fat/nuts lately. like insane amounts. i know its bad
(had sore tongue and coldsore today too, unusual for me - too much acid?)

going to yoga in a bit...love it.

i am learning and loving and also now leeeeaaaving! yaay

have some big decisions to make about which room/house to choose at first. eek.
only have like 1 week!!

hopefully when i move i will have proper net access and can talk and learn and support more on this board yay
wish me luck
x x x x

ps i dont know what anyone would reply to this as there is so much! sorry haha. i just need to rant

<3

Date: August 27, 2007 02:54AM

hey there hun..how is life?? how is the job?? how is everything?? i hope all is well and you are loving it...what am i saying of course you are LOVING it!!!
tell me all about it smiling smiley i am sooooo excited for you..yay you!!
keep up the good work and amazing changes in your life..
love ya lots
sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables