Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
I am raw! Hear me RAW-RRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 11, 2007 02:20PM

Well, here i am going raw... again.... how many times have i heard this? how many times i have i SAID this? alot..... but i KEEP coming back! Cause i know it's RIGHT!

I don't know why it is SO hard/challenging/difficult to do this incredibly good thing for ourselves...

i had posted on the main board my "ah ha" moment.. and someone PM'd me and said i should really start a diary page because who knows... my story could inspire or strike someone, or give me the encouragement i need....

So here i am.... i know i sound down... but i' not..... i just dont know what to say LOL....

So i have been attempting 100 since 9 may 07 and doing very well.... as described in my ahah moment post, the most imprtant thing for me seems to be:

1. eat enough calories to cover basal needs (body weight times 10)
2. lots of sweet fruits an hour or so before marked craving times

andd it's working....WOOHOT i have had virtually no cravings these last two days compared to my UNBEARABLE cravings EVERY OTHER time i have tried 100.

Also, i am not that hungry for breakfast, which i see as a common thread among most raw-ers... i am not reallyhungry till about 10 or 11 and then i eat a snack... i find that i lean towards eating large snack's five or six times a day intead of a big meal and small snacks. I did not plan it that way or watch the clock to decide when to eat, but i seem to be naturally hungry at two or three hour intervals....

I have noticed something else this time too: i CAN"T fall asleep! it takes almost two hours of dark and quiet for me to fall asleep these last few days....
i DO have a broken leg and i am getting ALOT of rest during the day, but i am NOT sleeping during the day... and i am waking up in the morning at 0730... but i can't fall asleep before midnight.. i just lay there.... today i will be out and about more, taking kids to climbinb wall, then i will have to go pick up DH at his class at 1120 pm so even if i am TIRED i won't get to sleep till midnight or so...

my mouth also is WATERING CONSTANTLY..... no matter what, if i'm hungry, not hungry, just ate and am stuffed, or whatever... i am ALWAYS salivating! in that OVERLY WET manner LOL...... anyone else have that? maybe i will post at main board for that....

but things are going well, the weight loss has already started kicking in.... and i have already noticed the way a few skirts of mine fit differently AND my husband said something to me today... and this aftere just three days LOL.....

my big concern right now is keeping my calcium intake HIGH and getting lots of sunlight and getting that bone to heal... the sooner i'm off these crutches and active again the sooner i can.. well... LIVE!!!!!!!!

well, i'm inspired and i'm happy....

i also have alot to say on children and raw foods.... but i will just use my son as an example... i have twin boys and they couldn't be more opposite... son A ate all fruit yesterday except one meal, and then again today so far has eaten as much fruit as me.... son B will only eat fruit after he has asked for "something with sugar". and SADLY enough that is exactly how he asks for it... becaue i am always telling him that he can have a snack with NO added sugar..... ( we have snacks classified at our house LOL)

Boy A never over eats, always asks if something has sugar in it, and if it doess, he says "no, thankyou".. LOL Boy B then asks if he can have Boy A's Half LOL.... it is a crazy world i live in.....

Well, i suppose i can post what i ate the last two days... and try to remember to post at night so i can post what i ate today as well.....

www.fitday.com says that i need about 1,550 Kcals to meet my basal needs, so i am trying to get that many. i am techincally bed bound, but i can crutch around. so my over caloric need to maintain my current weight ( god knows i don't want to do that ) is 1,990 or so... I am eating way less than that right now, but i am trying to eat more, honest.. at least to meet my basal need, cause i know that is what has caused me to backslide before, not eating enough to just live...

so 9 may 07

Food Name Servings Serving Size Cals Fat Carb Prot
Cantaloupe 285 2 68 7 1 whole
Cherry Tomatoes 167 0 40 6 20 oz
Banana, raw 109 1 28 1 1 whole
Mushrooms, raw 54 1 9 6 8 oz
Oranges, raw, 332 0 80 1 4 whole
Strawberries, raw 46 1 11 1 1 cup

Totals cal 1260 fat 5 carb 300 protein 26

10 may 07

Food Name cal F C P
Wish Bone Salad spritzer 26 2 2 0 20 squirts
Organic Earth Bound salad 36 0 9 3 6 cups
Banana, raw 543 3 138 6 5 whole
Celery, raw 31 0 7 1 3 long stalks
Cantaloupe 114 1 27 3 .5 whole
Pine nuts 385 34 10 16 .5 cup

Totals cal 1301 fat 40 carb 233 protein 35

i will post again tonight to give my tabultion for the day. i always wanted to know what others were eating so i could get some tips or ideas or even mimic their either style.. and i did find one whose style and types of foods is WORKING for me... so now i tweak.....

love and light

tiffntwins

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I am raw! Hear me RAW-RRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 11, 2007 06:58PM

heey tiffyy

u KNOWW i'm rooting for ya !!

go go go go go go go GoooooooooOOOOOO!!!!!!

Date: May 12, 2007 02:09AM

so day three

i did so well, but not 811, but i'm not stressing...

Watermelon, raw 97 1 22 2 2 cups
Banana, raw 543 3 138 6 5 whole
Strawberries, raw 25 0 6 2 /25 cup
Apple, raw 219 1 57 1 2 whole
Pine nuts 385 34 10 16 .5 cup

Totals 1493 41 286 34
WOAH I DID IT

three whole days! THREE COUNT EM!!!!!!!

today was a challenge too.. i made the kids those crinkle cut fries in the oven and OHHH how i usually love them... but i did not crave them...the leftovers are STILL on the oven top LOL and i am not tempted at all woohoo

i have had no headaches.. no acne... no adverse anything...... i have been resting alot because of my broken leg and that is good..... i have needed it, to learn to sit still, to learn discipline for myself.....

tomorrow i will be out all day at the science center... so i am concerned for my wellbeing there, i hope and pray they have a wheel chair.....

today the kids went to a climbing wall in south carolina, and on the way home they were hungry.. ( all this after THEY ate my banana strawberry shake LOL) so i stopped and let them have Mc Devils' i mean mcdonalds... and i was not even really tempted.. i mean yeah i looked at the fries and thought how good they could taste, but i did not eat a single one or drink any of the soda.. usually i take of their sodas just for me LOL.... so i am on my way and doing well, i can't believe how good i feel... it's amazing how ENOUGH rest will make evreything better.....

i have pretty much met my basal caloric needs.... but yesterday and today i ended up eating pine nuts at about 9 pm.... its that emotional/boredom eating... and i was a little low these last days on caloriess before eating the nuts, even with the nuts i'm barely meeting my basal caloric need... but i don't feel bad at all and i don't mind eating pine nuts at all...

WHOOT

tiffany

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 12, 2007 02:41AM

Hello Tiffany!

Congratulations---that is something to be proud and excited about---especially faced with what usually is such temptation! Great: Keep up the enthusiasm; enjoy your food! smiling smiley Enthusiasm and success and support are great propellers!

I'm doing better, too, now and am soooo excited about being back on raw path. It is quite a fascinating experience and I feel ready to be in it again. I had twin A and twin B inside my own head, heh heh, but now am rededicated to 100% raw. You joining the 7 week 100% raw challenge thread? For me, it has come at the most serendipitous time ----perfect timing. I'm ready. I am so ready!

So, here is a cheer a both of us: Raw! Raw! Raw!
--Elakti

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: May 12, 2007 02:49AM

Welcome.Sounds like you are doing so well. Congrats. Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 12, 2007 03:14AM

Hi there hun...welcome to the forum and congrats on going raw again!!!!! you are doing amazing!! keep up the good work...your boys sound adorable!! glad you decided to make a journal and share your journey!!!
good luck and we are here for you when you need it!!
good luck and take care hun
love earthangel
xoxxooxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 12, 2007 01:38PM

tiff

i just had a funsy cool idea

put yer kids to work! turn them into SUPER DUPER RAW CHEF TROOPERS!

and see how much FUN they can have making raw food delights for YOU and themselves!

i think kids like making stuff

heck , i remember when i was in elementary school, when the teacher chose ME and a friend of mine to make a food thing for the class... it was a special project

i felt SOOOOOOOOOOO honored
i felt it was like a science project or something ( lol!)

i didn't know that the school had "teacher's lounge" and even a KITCHEN!!

WOW...

and she gave me and my friend this special 'recipe" and had us make it

it actually turned into a flop but i just remember this feeling of excitement that i was CHOSEn to make FOOD for the whole class!

it was like someone had just handed me a gold baton or something

i don't know why that memory stands out in my mind but it does

i was a lousy little chef too ( LOL)

maybe cuz it wasn't RAW

i would probably had more fun if it had been raw
cuz i never did understand how to get the dials on the oven to OBEY me

everything just flopped, under cooked, over cooked etc

and made me feel miserable sad smiley

but i think it is fun to make raw
cuz it has more color ( and kids LOVE color)

and they can't go wrong
cuz no stupid oven dials to burn or undercook their food

u'd probably have to get them a raw book that has lots of PICTURES

cuz that is what makes them tempted to wanna make something
so it can match the picture ( LOL)

anyways, just an idea

"love it or LUMP it smiling smiley

that's what jgunn says

i like quoting it

Date: May 12, 2007 08:30PM

yeah that is a good idea!! that is how the botenko kids got invovled in their raw transformation..they made their own yummy foods...since a very young age!! try that with the little boy who likes sugar haha..maybe he will eat mroe fruit and veggies if he is making it!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Day 4 WHOO HOOOO
Date: May 13, 2007 01:21AM

WOAH DAY FOUR

I DID SO WELL TODAY I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF...

i was out ALL day with the kids... and i had another raw sucess day! i brought their lunch with me so we would NOT be near the cafe counter and we stuck to it! we were at the science center and had SO much fun..... i love that place... there is this NICE older man who works there and he remembered me from when i bought the membership ( the day i broke my leg) and he pushed me all over the science center in my wheelchair.... it was NICE....

we went to the OLNY drive thru farmers market i have EVER seen LOL.... it wasn't fully set up, and there were a few "farmers" there and i just drove up and asked if they woudl't mind helping me out cause of my broken leg ( am i milking it?) and they even brought produce to me at my vehicle.....loaded it up and took my money.. ALL withouth me leaving the car...

the boys were so good and i was so good... my husband made my favorite junk snack.. CHEESE PIZZA and he asked me like 100 times if i wanted some and i just kept saying "no thank you". of course then i had rush off to the store to get some avo's, onions, lime, tahini, garlic, onions, salt, zucchini....

when i got home i made pico de gallo and ate it on cucumber slices ( my first time having it and OMG it was SO good)... MMMMMM i will admit.. i ground three grinds of sea salt over it.. but it HIT the spot.... i did .5 avo, 1 tomato, 1 clove garlic, 2 tablespoons of chopped onion, lil salt... mmmmmmm chopped it up and then mashed it a lil with a fork....

i plan on making raw hummus tomorrow to meet any needs i have tomorrow.... i should have started my period today and i wnat to be prepared if i start having some of those fatty food cravings ......

this is the LONGEST i have ever gone raw 100 percent... i am so proud of myself.... i have really started to SEE the difference in my skin and hair and body.... some skirts are already looser even though the scale hasn't tipped big..... i just can't believe how satisfied i have been on this "diet"... it is really about eating what you are hungry for....

I can't beleive the total lack of cravings or temptations i have had..... and my "system" is working...

1. lots of sweet fruit
2. not eating till i am hungry after waking up
3. tracking caloric intake to ENSURE i am coving my basal needs....

i don't know what else to say, except that i have really surprised myself....

love and light

tiffntwins

food intake for today
Strawberries, raw 182 2 43 4 4 cups
Banana, raw 434 2 111 5 4 whole
Pear, raw 123 1 32 1 1 whole
Celery, raw 20 0 5 1 2 stalks
Cucumber, raw 4 0 1 0 1 whole
Avocado, raw 139 13 6 2 .5 whole
Onions, mature, raw 1 0 0 0 2 tbs
Olives, green 20 2 0 0 6 smsall
Tomatoes, raw 38 1 8 2 1 whole

Totals 1163 22 253 21

Date: May 13, 2007 01:45AM

hey there...do you mean guacamole?? pico de gallo is just tomatoes onions and cilantro....but guac is def a good fatty craving mix..it helpssooooo much i love it!!!! zucchini hummus is amazing too i use a zucchini peeled or not up to you...some tahini..( depends on person sometimes i don't add any but if you want similar to real thing use 1 tbsp to 2...some salt and you can add seasonings if you want like basil, parsley , dill or sundried tomatos...drizzle a little olive oil o it for authentic taste smiling smiley enjoy!!!!
take care hun....oh and i answered your question on main page smiling smiley
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 13, 2007 07:28PM

hi earthangel.. yeah i know pico de gallo normally doesn't have avo... but i added it... i was craving it...

as the bowl progressed i just kept adding in what i was wanting... i have nEVER been so fulfilled!

i am going to do the hummus later today but wiht much smaller amounts of tahini... i can't be doing so much fat right now... it makes me feel yucky..... i also decided NOT to buy any cold pressed oilive oil... i do not even want to deal with that as far as calories and cravings i fear it might awake.... i have been doing NO seasonings and NO oils...... i only did a little salt on my plain applebee's salad today.... WHOO HOOO another success tory for me! went to APPLEBEES and sat at a table with some of my FAV food ever and di dnot even want any..... i had ONE bit of my husbands asparagus and decided it was too denatured, spit it out and ate no more lol it was TOOOOO salty.....

i cant' beleieve how well i have been oding... three straight days of tempting situations and NO cheating! tomorrow i wil be at home again all day, so i know i will do well, but i am SO happy to have been experiencing such high rates of sucess in situations where i had previously and ALWAYS failed.....

I knjow that the prayer that has been done by some on this board and by myslef and my husband has been the number one thing making me successfull..... thank you!

i will post alot more later tonight.... when the day is over and i have my food list complete....

love and light
tiffntwins

Date: May 13, 2007 10:33PM

Hey hun..oh haha you made your own..tht sounds yummy!!!!! hmm applebees you can make a yummy raw salad there with there veggies and then ask for guac and pico de gallo and mix it on there for a salad dressing it is soo yummy raw and delicious helps a lot of it you need it!!! if you are one for salad dressing make one up and put in a small spray bottle that helps!!!
yeah i am not one for oil or fats either..that is why i use about 1/2 tsp of tahini if any when making hummus.. most would argue it's not hummus but i love it and that is all that matters right??
well keep up the good work hun..we are cheering you on!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Day 5 at 100 percent raw... no detox, no cravings too easy?
Date: May 14, 2007 01:13AM

well, i made it, again, one more day all raw... WHOOT...

i am off to kitchen to make my hummus! see you in a minute.

okay back... OMG the raw hummus is good.. except it needs MUCH less garlic... i had to add SO Much salt to counter the garlic. i only ued 2 TBS of tahini instead of a cup like the recipe called for and i used cumin... it was SO very good ( minus the garlic)

so my fat intake for the last few days has bee about 25 percent of my calories.. that is definitely NOT 80-10-10 LOL but i'm doing 100 percent raw and that is my REAL goal... i think after going and being 100 my tastes will naturally change...

so i have still had NO signs of detox and i am at the end of my FIRST ever fifth day of 100 percent raw... i'm not sure what is going on with this.. before when i tried raw at MUCH higher levels of fat intake, i had HORRIBLE detox symptoms and could only make it two days or so.. hmmm i'm NOT complaining, ..... thank you Jesus!

it was an easy day today.... i was not even remotely tempted.. i have read others say that in the past.. but i had never dreamed i would say it... it always amazed me like "they can't be human" or they must have been super healthy before .... but it is really about your state of mind and once you committ to something and pray about it.. you will find you have strength to persue your goals and achieve them, god willing...

i will say this.. i am SO happy that "health" eating is publically promoted... i remember growing up that eating JUST a salad for a meal drew ALOT of attention (what are you a rabbit? are you on a diet? is that ALL you are going to eat, my grandma used to own a cafe and did all the cooking herself), and now-a-days, it is no big deal.. you can even bring your own weird food (strawberry banana shakes in water bottles) and no one looks at you funny or even takes notice...

This new attitue in public eating has greatly enhanced many peoples chances to be successful public raw fooders...

church was good today, we are still short a pastor and have to make due with a man who thinks screaming is teaching LOL... and then we went to applebees for over two hours with friends from church and i was smelling those smells, feeling that familiar sensation of being in a resturant and dealing with the emotional aspect of eating out and i did not cheat... i took a bite my hubbies cooked asparagus and SPIT it out it was SO nasty...

i had an awesome salad... added a 1/2 cup of guac and it was SOOO good... i had to add a little salt but it was PERFECT....hmmm i am notcing that i am adding alot of salt today. note to self, no added salt tomorrow.

i'm not sure what else to talk about but my kids need to get ready for bed... so i will write more after i finish eating my little experiment... if i fiish it all.. the garlic is TRUELY overepowering, but i am also finding it cleansing. i am starting my cycle and was craving some yesterday and now today i thikn i will tolerate the excess garlic just hope the salt doesn't do a number on me..

okay kids are in bed and i did NOT eat even half my hummus.. that garlic RUINED it.. the longer it sat the stronger the flavor and odor got.. MAN that sucks... oh well, a lesson learned.. it was SO good minus the garlic..i can't wait to get more zuchini and try it...

i started my period today and now i'm suddenly not hungry anymore.... getting pretty tired.... usually on 80 percent raw, the day before my period i cna't walk or get up, and sleep about 18 hours.. not a joke... i get fatigued... no fatigue yesterday or today, and i think that is a raw side-effect.... can't wait to see how short/long/light/heavy this cycle is... i think i will some major improvements...

i have physical therapy tomorrow and am NOT lookngforward to it.. they put me on E-STEM to flex my quad and OHHHH how it hurt the first five minutess... after that it feels like a good massage... but man.... that is the ONLY part i don't like... i am kinda anxious now.. on my cycle, heavy garlic breath and torture anxiety... argh i will be SO pleasant to deal with tomorrow.. LOL

see you then!

here is my FOOD JOURNAL for today ( zuchini content seems off ot me, but not enough for me to go look it up somewhere else.. LOL...) i did not meet my basal needs, but after my botched hummus ( too much garlic) i'm not feeling to good right now... this garlic will rpobably help clean me out ALOT..

Today's Foods
Banana, raw 375 2 96 4 3 whole
Tomatoes, raw 31 0 7 1 1 whole
Spinach, raw 3 0 1 0 1 cup
Avocado, raw 26 0 5 2 .5 cup
Grapes, 252 0 58 2 2 cups
Onions, m 15 0 3 0 .25 cup
Cherry Tomatoes 42 0 10 1 5 oz
Zucchini 3 0 0 0 1 whole
Tahini 86 7 4 3 1 TBS
Garlic, raw 7 0 1 0 1.5 clovess
Cucumber, raw 34 0 7 2 1 whole

Totals 992 22 197 19

love and light tiffntwins

Date: May 14, 2007 01:32AM

You are doing fantastic!!!!
Wonderful!!!!!

RAWSOME even!!!!!!!

Date: May 14, 2007 05:53AM

Hey sweets....hey save that hummus and tomorrow add more zucchini too it and it will be fine smiling smiley oh yes it will clean out you for sure..and the zucchini on fit day is the baby ones...you have to use like 3-4 per one you eat haha...unless you had the baby ones that are like 2 inches long and 1/4 inch arond...so you just say 3-4 per every one you have!!!! that is what i figured out haha
well hun fantastic day today!!! and keep up the good work..congrats on day 5!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 14, 2007 12:21PM

Day six... HERE WE GO... i have to go to Physical therapy today... but it's no problem.. i will take 2 bananas and an apple wiht me and a book. then i have to go to commissary to get some more zuccini i wanna try that raw hummus again later th is week... but i cacn tell my tummy is upset at me for all that garlic... it does not hurt... but it has totally stopped telling me it is hungry...i'm sure i'll have a wierd poo later...

i am all cleaned up and ready to go, i got the garlic smell off my body and out of my mouth and put on some lotion just in case LOL.. that garlic was SO overpowering..... i think it will do a good cleanse on me especially since i am on my cycle... i will see....

laters

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Date: May 14, 2007 09:17PM

Hey sweetie..yay for the garlic cleanse smiling smiley just don't go near people besides your PT today!! good luck i am sure you will do good and make a little progress!!!
well have a wonderful day hun and keep on keeping on!!
congrats on day 6
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

6th day ALL raw, 1st day of 7 week challenge
Date: May 14, 2007 11:29PM

OH wow.. so today my FIRST ever 6th day raw....

i did so well.... it was not a very challenging dday except that i wanted to eat some of my kids vanilla wafers after smelling them... the problem is that i want datess.. and ihave them coming via ups on wednesday.... argh i need them bad now.....

but today i went to physical therapy.. i have met all my goals... so i don't need to keep going until after my next ortho appointment in late june... i will be off my crutches by then and will have all new excercies to do.. now i have to stay faithful and do my PT at home...

the kids went to the pool today.. we were there from 2 pm till 7 pm and i had no idea... i got really invovled in a convo about god with a young lady and invited her to church... she was reaching out and almost crying.... she has a son who is the same age as my boys adn they were playing sos well.. the time just flew...

i took along, in zip locks, guac and cucumber slices... it was filling.. and when i got home i just ate a nanner... i really really want sosme datess right now....

well, so far so good.. i can tell that i am having some cravings.. but not sure if they are from detoxing or because i am on my cycle.... i have a feeling they are due to cycle because of their nature.... i have not been craving pizza or other general cooked stuff.. just a specific type of food.. fatty and good dipped in fat LOL.. so it's hte fat i'm craving which is in my past diretly related to my period...

ne who... i did well... this is day 6 of my 100 percent raw journey and day 1 of the 7 week challenege...

i hope everyone is doing well....

Food Cchart

Today's Foods
Watermelon, raw 723 10 162 14 .5 whole
Apple, raw 125 1 32 0 1 whole
Avocado, raw 139 13 6 2 .5 whole
Onions, 18 0 4 1 .25 cup
Cucumber, raw 24 0 5 1 1 whole
Totals 1443 27 314 24

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Date: May 15, 2007 04:08AM

Hey hun..awesome day today!!! so glad you were able to chat to someone and invite them to church as well that is sooo amazing to open up to others and help thme!!! and the boys had fun smiling smiley
well hun awesome awesome job today!! take care and yay for day 2 tomorrow
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxoo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

DAY 7 RAW 100HOO
Date: May 16, 2007 02:36AM

Kiwi fruit, raw 185 1 45 3 4 whole
Avocado, raw 279 27 13 3 1 whole
Cucumber, raw 67 1 14 3 2 whole
Onions, mature, r 15 0 3 0 .25 cup
Pineapple, raw 116 1 29 1 .5 whole
Chocolate 82 5 9 1 1.5 piece
tahini, 171 14 8 5 2 tbs
Carrots, raw 26 0 6 1 6 baby
Totals 1357 55 248 26

it's 9 am and i woke up an hour ago... and i had the WEIRDEST dream.... i dreamt i was eating doughnuts and cookies and then i started feeling sick and gross.... HEE HEE. yesterday was the first day i had any cravings for those things... not cravigns really,more like temptations, and i stuck it through no problem.

i seem to be having a bit of a constipation problem compared to my usual BM's.. i used to go poo three times a day but now i'm going once and it's smaller and a little harder... not at all what i expected LOL.... maybe i should eat more salads... i'll write more later.. we are going to have a very busy day.. gotta take hubby to work and the kids to climbinb wall and then churchc at 730. so i'll check back later... OHHHh how i want my dates to arrive!

Wellthe kids and I just got back from the pool and the Pool Party.. there was pizza, cake and chips and dip, soda... and i did not eat ANY of it... it was a good experience.... when i got home my husbands late (not hiss fault) mother's day present was here... so i ate 1.5 pieces of the dark chocoalte that was in the box... and i dont' feel too good now.. i couldn't finish the second peice...kinda nausious and my blood sugar skyrocketed, it tasted good, but now i am sick.... i feel hot and my stomach aches now.... argh.... the lengths i will go to to make my husband feel appreciated..... he made me taste his coffee earlier too (first time he ever made it by himself)... today was like "force feed tiff day" LOL...

i have been terribly good.... evenw ith the chocolate i am WAY over 97 percent raw... but for me it's not about percentage really.. it's about receiving the benefits of being raw... i will write more later!

well we are bacck from church, i hit the grocer aftere that and bought some more zuchini and cucumbers....i made more hummus without the garlic it was DELICIOUS..... i also ate another banana and some baby carrots... i am TOTALLY satisfied..... it was a good day....

i am learning to like cucumbers MUCH more.. ican't beleeve i ever didn't really like them....

i willmake some banana ice cream tomorrow with pineapple... and my box of dates should be arriving.. I AM SO EXCITED!

>> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.´¯`•...¸><((((º> RUN FREE LITTLE FISHES

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Date: May 16, 2007 02:44AM

hey hun awesome day today for you!!! good for you taking in the day and not feeling bad or guilty for the sips of coffee or chocolate bar!! that is excellent progress!! keep up the awesome work hun
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 16, 2007 02:45PM

you know EA... it was hard to take those sips and bites, but it did not kill me or make me more sucepptable to other cooked foods.... this is really a break through for me, not feelig guilty about it... it is a new stage for me... that analogy on that other post about if you were on a trip from new york to sandiego and you fell off hte train half way, were you all the way back in newyork HELPED..... it was good, and i was stil WAY over 97 percent raw...... today i can't wait to get my dates... WHOOT.. even with thoses little cheats i still was down .5 a pound today....

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Day 8, had a cheat,
Date: May 17, 2007 04:08AM

well, todady i did not do too bad either.... i finally got my dates from sun organics and i bought some goji berries.. they are okay... they are kinda salty.... but GOOD.... i DO NOT like them plumped up with water unless they were to be mixed with something....

I was out all dday today, and i had a cheat wtih some of the kids Newman's own oreo cookie types... i ate four of those... but im' still not worried... LOL.....

I did so well, the dates really met a need i was having... iwas REALLY craving the dates... am happy i got them.. but now regret getting these dates, i should have shopped around to get a variety box like last time... the dates that tasted like peanut butter and caramel and chocolate......

I will do better tomorrow with no cheats because i have the dates.. i am really excited about that....but day 8 for me finished... WOOHOO

Food
Banana, raw 125 1 32 1 1 whole
Oranges, raw, 130 1 33 2 2 whole
Watermelon, raw 49 1 11 1 2 cups
Apple, raw 250 2 65 1 2 whole
Date 979 2 262 7 .46 oz pitted
New Man's Own Oreos 390 14 45 0 4 cookies
Totals 1923 19 447 12

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Date: May 17, 2007 04:14AM

Tiffany! HI!

Try my Goji dessert, it is AWESOME! Glad you got them...a little surprising at first, eh? But, they really grow on you once you get over the surprising taste.

And your dates! I love dates, I use them for my sweet sweet cravings...and only need one or two , three at most. And when you make homemade salad dressing, often a date or two added to blender helps balance out the taste of the dressing. Dates are a good food, imo.

Take care, see ya tomorrow smiling smiley smiling smiley Smiles and smiles at you...
Elakti

Date: May 17, 2007 07:49AM

Hey hun...good for you working through that guilt and feeling good about doing so well and taking care of your body and needs!!! you are doing wonderful and now you have those dates to get you through as well!!! enjoy your evening and have a fabulous night!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 17, 2007 05:44PM

man those goji berries opened up my taste for salt... i ground salt into my hand and just liccked my hand for like an hour last night.... it was weird.. LOL but it was better than waht i could have eaten i guess.... but i am feeling the water hanging around me now from the excess salt....

i had some goji's today and theye really met that salt need... i thik that is what they will be most valuable for to me.... i will go look at that goji recipe... i like them alot.. but im' liking them MORE dried... .. we'll see what happenes... as i have learned, every food takes on a new favorite form as my taste changes....

as usual, we are at the pool again (prolly for our usual 4 hours, gawd i love homeschooling).. i brought all the food that was starting to wilt... so that way when i was dehydrated enough LOL and hungry enough from being in sun i would eat it LOLOLOLOL... im silly.... but i thought it was a good way to get an appetite and use up the older stuff...

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

SWIM FREE FISHES!

9th Raw day EVER!
Date: May 18, 2007 12:38AM

OMG i can't beleive this is my 9th day of raw... i have only had the TINIESTS cheats and i am SO happy! I CAN"T BELIEVE how well i am doing... i never thought this would happen...

i find that sweet fruit during day is best for me.. and then at night... a blended something or other like raw hummus over a sliced cucumber with a little salt really finishes me off...

I am really happy because i seem to FINALLY know what my body is telling me, what it wants, when it wants it, what order it wants it... lol... it is getting easier and easier...

i have been over 99 peercent raw for 9 days now.. tomorrow i will do TOTAL calculations including my cheats to get a total percentage raw... but i have never gone this long, this much raw and i am loosing weight so fast... inches mostly.. a few ladiess at church have noticed and asked me what i was doing, my husband told me my face was getting thinner and my clothess are fitting a little different... i am so happy... i can see a huge change in my complexion too.. the last time i did three days all raw.. i could see the change in my skin firt and there was a lot of change...

i have not really had any detox to speak of... i had a small head ache the day my peroid started after i woke from a nap.. but that is pretty par for the course... i usually do.... those goji berries are awesome!!!!!! my dates are AWESOME!!!!!!!!! i am having so much fun!

daily intake for today

Today's Foods
Grapefruit ????????????????? 2 whole
Dates 411 1 110 3 18whole deglet noor
Banana, 250 1 64 3 2 whole
Mango, 135 1 35 1 1 whole
zucchini 10 0 1 1 1 whole large
Cucumber 34 0 7 2 1 whole
tahini 171 14 8 5 2 tbs
Grapes, 25 0 6 1 2 cups
Totals 1452 20 336 22

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Date: May 18, 2007 08:15AM

Hey hun.yay for you!! you are doing great!!!! i am sooo happy for you keeping high raw!! congrats and keep on keeping on!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 18, 2007 10:23PM

WOW! What an inspiration you are to me. I just got started...i guess i need to do more reading because i did not even think about detox or enough basal calories, but yesterday i had light headed moments and weird BO/sweat that I never have....i figured the light headed was low blood sugar so i ate some peaches...

thanks for postings of what you are eating, I so appreciate it!!

Roe

sacredfeathers@yahoo.com

10th Day raw! WOOHOO
Date: May 19, 2007 01:45AM

Hello 4Roe.. i am happy that this blog can help someone.... besides me... sometimess i wonder why i post, but it makes me feel good after i am done and see my days progress in black and white..

one thing that helped me too was seeing what others were eating and how much.. it gave me some good frames to build on and add to and take away from.. it really has been so much easier this time around when i ensure my basal calorie needs. then any activity i do is just weight loss...

had a slow start to my day... started with an orange and then had three bananas and 6 cups of salad while we were out.... the kids fries were too tempting and i ate .5 an order of my sons small FF.. argh...

so i came home and ate some pineapple... i have to go out again tonight so i am going to take my cucumber/tahini salad with me... i want to make sure i don't do anymore cheating today...

i think salt has not been my friend these last days... the scale hasn't budged)but i'm not worried)... and the thing i've been craving is SALT.... which is why i have been cheating i think... argh... i am SURE it has something to do with my menstrual cycle... i am not upset with myself at all, but i do hope that these incidents stop because i was seeing beautiful progress when i had 0 cheats... ne who.. i am very happy with the success that i have been having... SO very happy...

well, spanish ministry went well, there were a few people there from my husbands home country, nicaragua. he will get to go tomorrow night and i am excited. they will have TONS of good food there, but i will not have any argh...

ne who.. i made my cucumber and tomatoe/tahini salad and didn't eat any of it... i am just not hungry. i hope it keeps well overnight to eat tomorrow.

i did well on salt today. not eating alot. so hopefully i can get back in the groove of the food/s natural salt being satisfiying or using my goji berries to meet that need...

it was a succe3sful day. but i'm tired and i havr to wait another two hours to sleep because i have to go pic up my hubby from work.. argh....i hope i don't eat out of boredome... i will do my best!

one thing i am worried about, my poo production seems to have slowed... i'm not sure if the salt dried me out and slowed me down or what is going on, but i am not eating HIGH fat diet or nuts every day even... so i am confused, usually high fat or nut diet is a cause... i may consider digging out the "smooth move" tea left over from doing MC to use monday if i haven't seen any "progres".. hee hee

I had a good day and i am pleased... thank you Jesus...

Here is my food intake

Today's Foods
Orange, raw 86 0 22 2 1 whole
French fries, 143 8 17 2 .5 child order
Pineapple, raw 60 1 12 4 .25 whole
Date 228 0 61 2 10 whole
Totals 952 12 221 14

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables