Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: I am raw! Hear me RAW-RRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 19, 2007 10:47AM

hey hun....you are doing soooo good!! taht is awesome!!!! so happy for you...and keeping high raw is hard but you are doing it!!! i know what you mean...i like offering support to everyone else...but don't like writing my own so much...some days i am just like why post my own thoughts and foods..(especially cuz i get so many critics on my diet..esp...if i didn't eat much or what notthat day) but then i look back and see my progress in my thoughts and eating and everything and know that i don't remember it being that bad or worse then now..or my thoughts being difference...so i like reading back..although 10 pages is a lot haha!! but it def helps so keep it up hun!!
plus i love having a place to see your wonderful progress and journey and leaving love and support for yousmiling smiley
have a wonderful day
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 19, 2007 06:50PM

thank you EA.... i noticed you got some heavy fire on another post... i wouldn't pay any attention... if someone were to criticize me i would not like it LOL but i am me, and i decide what, when and how much i eat and exercise... i had my church's fund raisesr today ( garage sale) and i drank 6 cups of coffee with sugar and non dairy creamer LOL i hope that doesnt' open up any cravings later today... i will be 100 raw today except the coffe.. but i thiknk coffee is better than those french fries i ate yesterday LOL.... btw i paid for eating those... dearly, if you understand... LOL

i am at the pool right now, enjoying my mango pineapple smoothies.... mmmm.... i can't wait to eat a soup tonight... i will add more tahini to it and NO salt... salt is NOT my friend... i don't know how to heat it up however.... wihtout going too far... i only have paper bowls.... LOL.... i have a sauce pan... but i wil have to be VERY careful...

i will write more later about my intake and my soup success..

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Date: May 19, 2007 09:44PM

hey hun..thank it was nice to hear that from you cuz yesi didn't get some firing at the other post haha...oh well i wasn't so much upset with that cuz i can ignore it and move on with life..it was the attack that i had been mean to someone which i wouod never do or say that...she didn't read the whole post or she just neglected to take it in..but oh well..you know it depends on how you are feeling with what and how much you eat...
hmm you are doing amazing and oh well for the coffee you are still great!!!!!

hmm a way to heat your soup...i don't know how you make it but i do mine in the blender...and i add water..but i use warm water smiling smiley that warms it up a little without heating it and destroying smiling smiley
try that out!! hope it hleps hun have a wonderful day
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Day 10.. SOOO no 100 percent LOL
Date: May 20, 2007 01:36PM

arghhhh had spanish ministries tonight and i ate a WHOLE plate of the best spanish rice and macaroni salad... mmmmmm also had some malta.. it was good.... sooooo my calorie intake was more than usual, but a check of the scale reveals that i did not gain any weight...

it was worth it from a social point of view... but heath wise i immediately felt congested and could FEEL the mucus forming in my lungs and throat.... it is interesting to see the effect of cooked food on my body after being WAY more raw than usual....

i'm not 100 percent... but i am okay! i am so hapy with my progress...

we hadd our churchc garage sale today and the oranges i took wiht me were a total flop... they were SO hard to peel and they ran all over my nice skirt argh.. so i drank coffee so wouldn't eat muffins....

kids and i went to pool, and i sat in the shade and surfed the net.... i love the pool....

ne who.... today is a new day ( i am posting for yesterday today)

i am not even going to post my food intake but my calories were 1897 and i was 50-38-12 LOLOL

so here we go again today... i am really hanging onto that analogy if you are on a train from NYC to SF and you fall off half way are you back in NYC?

it is good for my mental health.. it clicked... and i couldn't pass up that HOME COOKED PUERTO RICAN MEAL.....

mmmmmmmmm

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

SWIM FREE FISHES!

yesterday was 11th day not 10tday
Date: May 20, 2007 01:39PM

yesterday was not 10th day but rather 11th day
and tday is day 12 of my raw lifestyle...

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Date: May 20, 2007 11:09PM

Hi sugar!! well you are doing great!!! hmm the spanish rice sounds good smiling smiley...i remember my babysitter/neighbor lady......she used to make the best spanish rice int he whole world..she was from spain....and made the best things in the world..reading your post reminded me of her!! she passed from cancer..the doctor told her it was the chemicals in fruits and veggies that weren't washed off...so that really hit home....so when she was dieing she made us promise we would eat organic and wash all conventional produce we had...including our own gardens in case..she was an amzing women!!!
but anways reading about it brought back happy thoughts so thank you huN!!!
and don't be down on yourself keep on thinking happy thoughts and doing well...you are amazing and as long as you are happy that is all that matters
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Day 12
Date: May 21, 2007 01:05PM

no posting for day 11 as it was just a bunch of banans and dates and goji berries...oh an my husband gave me a bowl of cheetos which i happily scarffed down LOLOL... ne who...... paid for that this morning.. ack

day 12 is today. the hard part is coming up.... i have been doing pretty well... my raw food consuption for the average over these last two weeks (almost) has been way of 95 percentbased on calories.... so that is good...

i am going to do a banana cleanse that i saw on sarablog.com. her husband was doing a consult with DG i think and he had him do 7 days all bananas... then he had him to more days of banana smoothie with celery ( i tihkn) and than after day 12 he could add in salad etc.... i don't know the exact formula.. but after doing some reading... i think i am going to do something similar.... i will know in two days when i start what i will do.. but i think it will go something like this... 1 week banans ( heavier, more filling more calories) and 1 week all oranges ( lighter, more cleansing) and then after that start adding in more salads and dates and goji berries again...

i am having an ABSOLUTE battle with salt... i am frustrated by this.....HELP ME! i am going to pray about it..... i will be back later today to post my foods...

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Date: May 21, 2007 07:19PM

Hey hun...well you are doing so wonderful!!! i am soo happy for you...oh that banana fast i did before hahaha i made it a few days but ran out of bananas and just went back to greens smiling smiley..i love my greens haha....but i think that is awesome!!! an orange fast is awonderful detox as well!! that plan sounds awesome..1 week bananas..1 week oranges!! you will be clean as a whistle and ready to conquer the world..without salt smiling smiley.....
enjoy your day huna nd relaxing by the pool!!!! take care and i will keep you in my prayers especially with the salt hold!!!
keep on keeping on my dear!! good job and congrats on day 12!! yay you
love always earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 21, 2007 10:07PM

OHHHHH THAT DARN SALT>>>>>> LOL

well so far today so good.... it seems that if i am not meeting my basal needs bya bout 3 pm then i am going to cheat... so i MUST eat at least 1200 calories before this time and all seems to go VERY well.... i will post more in a lil bit

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Date: May 22, 2007 05:23AM

hey there..hun..yay for you figuring out what it is your body needs and keeping it up!! listening to your body is a great thing!!
take care hun!
love sach
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

day 13
Date: May 22, 2007 03:38PM

Day 13 and i'm impressed... not 100 raw but i'm doing so much better than normal.. using fitday.com and blogging here have been so helpful... when i come on and talk about my "issues" i find the support i need and lots of other peoples expereince, it lifts me up and edifies me! thank you all so much.....

so here is my food list for yesterday
1 canteloup
6 banans
2 potatoes
EVOO and spices
1 slice of bread

yesterday i HAD to have some potatoes... so i broiled some and sprayed on some EVOO and some spices.... i know.. cooked... but at least i didn't eat bit of my husands nasty triple beef patty from wendy's or his deep fried fries... argh...

my weight has not been climbinb or dropping drastically... i lost 12 pounds right off the bat... now i'm handing the psychological aspects of why i eat and what i eat...and the weight has stabalized i beleive because of hte cooked food and also my lack of understanding why i eat what i eat.... my body and my mind are really starting to work together or at least trying...

i have finally realized that i have not had real cravings for a food i NEED or am addicted to except salt...but when i do eat non-raw it is ALWAYS based on a feeling i am having.. like boredom.. or a situation like "the food is there"...

i still have that analogy (if you are on a trip from NY to Cali and fall off half way are you all the way back in NY?) that is keeping me strong... and i have not been feeling guilty or disappointed in myself at all... but i am very concerned for my behavior eating..... why do i use food as a "filler" of my time. i am certainly NOT bored, sitting pool side or surfing net or reading etc i am always pretty busy... but if i am sitting, i eat argh

... now if i were walking in the jungle and stumbled upon a fruit tree or berry bush you can BET your money that i would eat off of them... and i wouldn't be feeling bad about happenstance eating... but when im' at home on my hospital bed... it bothers me... i call it grazing... and i think it is directly linked to sitting or laying down ( in this case)

i just wanted to share what is going on with me psychologically... because i am realizing every day how important this aspect to my eating is... i am not eating for health... i am no where near that kind of breakthrough thinking.... right now i am eating because i feel hungry and when i am bored.... i want to change my thinking to that of when i was pregnant... every bite counts... am i giving myself the best possible nutrition with every bite?

That slice of bread i had yesterday created a major mucus formation in me, i felt iT IMMEDIATELY.. it was crazy.. cause all of a sudden i was raspy and feeling the need to cough and when i did.. lo and behold... phlem... and my sinus started to produce immedatley too.. not thin allergy mucus but THICK disease mucus yuck...

i had never noticed that before, but i now know some that foods trigger mucus production in me...anything with gluten it seems (bread, bagel), french fries from fast food, milk products ( i tasted kids ice cream a few days ago).

i am excited to know this vital information as before i was never raw enough to notice.... now i still have to post for today later tonight.....and that post will be entitled day 14 WOOHOO

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Date: May 22, 2007 08:00PM

hey hun...that is awesome letting out your emotions and dealing with them that is something that is a big deal on this journey and glad you are taking control of it sooner rather than later and really fixing yourself right up into a happy healthy state!!! i think you are doing such a tremendous job...so proud of allthe hard work you are putting into this and doing!! truly inspiring to see you overcoming things and conquering the cooked world out there!!!

those potatoes were better then most things you could of had..a.nd a lot of people do 80% raw and 20% cooked..and they have boiled or steamed or baked potatoes with evoo and spices on them or something else..but that is a healthier choice sooo yay you!!!
listen to that body ...keep your analogy and keep up the good work!!
take care

love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

day 14
Date: May 22, 2007 10:37PM

well, i had written a huge post, but it's okay...

basically i was 100 raw today

i bought some kimchee and am eating it now...

i discovered baby bananas and ate like 20 of them

i bought some miso and now know where to find ALL my favoriter asian foods ( ecxept thai coconuts and durian) here in augusta..

ne who... i'm mad cause i lost my huge long and awesome post...

love you all

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Day 14 repost
Date: May 23, 2007 02:36AM

well here is my huge long post recreation..... for day 14

Had a DELICIOUS breakfast of two ripe mangos and a cup of grapes or soo... those mangos are so good.. i must move somewhere to grow a few trees....but the best part was that hubby and i AND kids were all present... wiht his work schedule we have not seen him at all except for one hour at lunch, so it was nice.. SO VERY nice....

the mucus production is still going on today after that peice of bread yesterdeay and the home fries... argh...

but i'm staying strong.. i am brushing my hair right now and the kids i'm sure will want to go to the pool (but we won't)... my husband bought the curious george movie and hte kids have watched it twice today... i'm not at all sure they will want to go to pool... i may take advantage of this opportunity to go to get some bananas.... hmmmmm i will return... ok, got some great baby bananas...read about baby bananas, ate baby banans, shared baby bananas, stored baby bananas, and was grateful for baby bananas....because i was full on them and did not crave junk at all...

did great on raw today.... i was forced to eat my son's .5 leftover redbean icecream sandwich from the asian market... i met alot of needs wtih some kimchi and sprouted soybean stuff.. it was amazing.... i was craving it... i also bought some wakime ( three seaweed salad) that is defrosting... i cant' wait to eat it too... it does have sugar and salt in it... but i'm okay with that cause i love it so much....

ne who.. those baby banans rock and i put a few hands in the freezer of them, i will eat that other whole bunch tomorrow.. woohoothen i will the rest for smoothies and such.. but really they are better for me as a finger food, sos i will have individual frozen banana fingers mmmmmmm

i am happy... i have to go pick hubby up from work, we hve been having great talk/cuddle time lately.... no doubt due to my attitude changess while being so high raw.... raw really does improve everything... and prayer....

i will see you all tomorrow! and let's hope i don't eat out of boredome or opportunity tonight while hubby and i talk and watch a movie...

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Date: May 23, 2007 05:37AM

hey sweetie!!! yay for baby bananas huh?? they sound delish i will have to try them out...were they just the baby ones or the baby reds???? hmm i saw them today i should of picked some up haha...

well i think you did amazingly today!! keep up the aweosme work hun..soooo proud of all your accomplishments...and i am sure your hubby is too!!!
keep up the good work
tkae care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

start of day 15
Date: May 23, 2007 04:05PM

they were yellow baby banans... and i'm eating some now woohoo....

husband working late is killing my raw diet... cuase he comes home at 12 pm and i have prepared food for him ( mostly cooked, but healthy version of SAD)... and i find myself grazing off his plate ARGH i hate this.... H ATE IT...

i am going to take my own advice and instate a NO EATING rule after 9 pm exept for that usual early morning banana... i can't beleive how weak i feel ( emotioanlly) for grazing off his plate... why are we humanss like this? it is normal social behavior, i know... and it doen't help he is ALWAYS asking me if i want some of his food, like 3 times, then says he hasn't seen me eat in weeks ( well DORK you work 18 hours a day and sleep the other 6) do i sound frustated? WELL I AM..... oh why oh why

so guess what.... i went through the house and threw out a bunch of yucky SAD food, i hadd purchased these "quick fix" items becuase ofmy broken leg, but i have decided that the ease of preperation is far outweighed by the NEED for me to be healthy! and loose this excess weight....

my main motivation today was that i weighed myself and for the first time in 14 days he scale was UP... UP can you believe it UP.... argh.... i hate something with alot of salt yesterday so i know that is the reasosn why... it was 1,200 MG of salt....ne who.... i am ranting now and will post my SUCCESS on my 15th day of my personal challenge later today....

I have a long vacation weekend coming up at friends, and i know it is going to be hard to be even 80 percent raw... argh.... so here we go....

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Date: May 24, 2007 01:56AM

so today was RAWSOME! i ate 100 percent and the cantelope was the best part of this day

food intake for today

1 cup seaweed
1 cup radish kimchi
1 cup ssprouted soy beans
1 whle cantelopup
14 baby bananass
1 apple
1 grapefruit ( woudl have hadd more but they were spoikled yuck)

i am finally detoxing had headaches andd canker sore for alld ay today,canker sores started two days ago.. idn'dt realte them to detox at all.... argh...

but i am feeling so good... going to bed right now.... so i am asleep when hubby comes home so i don't want to eat "his" food....

the guy off freecycle.com came and brought a big bucket for all my compost materials today. i am excited about that because now i dont' have to throw away all this prescious material!

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Date: May 24, 2007 07:39AM

hey sweetie..hang in there..the scale is not the best of friends to anyone haha..it lies sometimes..it doesn't always tell the true weight..it tells the water weight or the increased salt intake..or the not eating that day weight haha..so go with how you feel and iknow you were starting to feel great!! so dont despair!!! you are doing amazing and i am very proud of yoU!!!
good for you on the no eating rule that is a good one!!!
keep it up huN!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 25, 2007 01:58AM

not raw today but not sad about it

ate a mango for breakfast then not hungry, ate 4 KFC biscuits LOL then a hand of baby bananas...

ne who.. not the best day but not the worst...

love n light

tiffntwins

Date: May 25, 2007 03:18AM

hey sweetie..what do you mean not raw..i think mango's and bananas are raw smiling smiley better some then none!! so be happy that even though you had a few biscuits :0 you had some raw food too!!! so you gave yourself some extra enzymes and nutrients to help your body process the cooked faster smiling smiley so good day for you!!!!
love always
earthangel
xoxoxooxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 25, 2007 02:50PM

i love you EA

Date: May 26, 2007 03:18AM

hi lovebug!! aww i love you too!!! you are the sunshine in my day!!! i love hearing all about your day and all about your boys..haha i was bragging about you to someone on the forum yesterday smiling smiley hope you don't mind....you are doing amazing!! keep up the good work huN!!!
take care of yourself!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Day 17
Date: May 26, 2007 06:22PM

well i didn't have time to write yessterday, but now i'm in the car riding to North Carolina for a small vacation to see my FAVORITE AND BEST friend in the whole world...

yesterday i ate .5 a huge water melon

and a WHOLE pineapple THIN crust pizza... basically it was tomatoes and pineapple on a giant whole wheat tortilla... it was SO good, not raw i know but so good... then i felt kinda weird.... my fit day said my calories were about 1,500 for the day... that water melon was so good....and that pineapple tomoatoe mixture tasted so good tooo..next time blended, wish i had a dehydrator, it would have been KICK AZZ

I will make a separaate post for today later tonight LOL

right now i am enjoying modern technology! i love my network card.... unlimited for like 50 bucks a month... i'm on here WAY more than most people so i really feel i am getting my money'ss worth.... ne who...

see you tonight!

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Date: May 27, 2007 12:17AM

Hey hun..yay i love watermelon sooo yummy!!i just ate half of one too!! your pizza sounds interesting..i am not big on thepineapple pizza thing but i am sure it was yummy and you are going to enjoy lots of good fruits now right??
have fun visiting your friend!! that is soo exciting i love visiting someone i haen't seen or that i miss so much fun....oh and glad you are getting your money's worth on the card hehe...good for you!!take care and drive safe..have a wonderful weekend!
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxoox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 28, 2007 02:06PM

OHHH i am hacin so much fun at my friens house... i eat two raw meals and snacks and then i eat her AWESOME supper! she splurged on homemade tamales and enchellada pie and cherry pie.... and it is super delicious... she makes everything from SCRATCH! so even though it's cooked, there's not a "box prepared" meal in the house!

I got an awesome deal on cases of mangos... 12 mangos for 3.49$ i bought three.....

i made a huge pinapple, mango, papaya, blueberry salad with fresh OJ squeezed over it... i got NONE cause the 8 kids we have between us ate it ALL.. LOL

well, we leave tomorrow to go home and back to our lonely and mundane existence sad smiley but we'll be okay....

three more weeks till i'm off these crutches! WOOHOO! i'm gonna get some more xrays and get the doctor to tell ME to RUN FREE TIFFANY!

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Date: May 28, 2007 09:59PM

hey hunny bunny!! wow that is an amazing deal on the mango!!!!! i wish i could find something so awesome around here..they are so healing for your pancreas so i try to eat them when i can afford them to help heal mine and cure my type 1 diabetes smiling smiley so eat up!!! they will help clean and heal your pancreas and your blood sugar should get better!!!!

glad you had such an awesome time at your friends you deserved the little vacation!! take care hun and have safe drive back!!!
take care

love always
Sach
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 01, 2007 05:29AM

Hey there..i hope you made it hope safely...how are things going? just wanted to stop in let you know i was thinking of you and hoping all is well with you!!
take care and let me know...
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 06, 2007 07:32AM

hey hun..just checking in i hope everything is okay..you were leaving for the trip back home and now we haven't heard from you since..i hope everything is okay hun..i am worried check in with us smiling smiley
we love ya!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 13, 2007 08:57AM

hey tiffany....hmm i sure hope all is well with you...i know you have been doing this raw thing for years and so you didn't just fall off the board smiling smiley...but i sure hope you are okay..only cuz last time we chatted (well you wrote) was when you were on your way back home...and then boom you were gone...i am sending good vibes and love your way for whatever may or may not be going on..you might just be super busy...but know i am thinking of you and keeping you and your family in my prayers...
take care hun and God bless,
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 14, 2007 02:02AM

Hi. I just really like the title. Being raw makes me feel so great I would raw-rrr if I could. ha. It's great. smiling smiley

Maderaw.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables