Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Guess tis my turn to make one of these. lol
Posted by: Howlingmoon ()
Date: June 07, 2007 06:24AM

I was right. Today WAS a very long day. And very painful. I only worked about seven and half hours but, you need to remember that I haven't worked in over four and half years. And that I have severe knee and back "challenges".

Today's food:
Smoothie (coconut, two frozen bananas) (Didn't finish it, wasn't in the mood.)
1 bunch green grapes
3 slices pizza = ( They ordered it at work, and it was sitting there on the break room table tempting me.

So I worked 230-1011pm today. I'm scheduled to work 230-11pm tomorrow (they'll let me go home at 10 if I need to). Then I have two days off, and go back to work 10pm-830am Sunday night/Monday morn'. And I work six nights in a row with those hours. At least I have Saturday off so I can still go to the potluck. I'll buy the rest of the stuff I need for my carrots/celery and ranch dressing dip Friday or Saturday.

Howlingmoon "Moonie" Wolvespirit

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 07, 2007 07:55AM

hey there...well good for you working today and sticking with it!!!! that is really good..i am sure it is hard and i am sorry that you have this tough situation....but just keeping thinking of the new you that will emerge from the new healthy lifestyle you are trying to do!!!
your food is looking up you are still transitioning so you are doing well..i know you are concerned with the weight loss and the fact you weren't really seeing any..when you were still eating cooked last week...the bread and preserves aren't raw and will effect the weight loss from raw as well.....but they are good transitions from totally cooked like pizza smiling smiley...so those are a few things for thought....but i think you are doing great ...getting out there and working through the pain of standing for a shift at work is great!! keep up the good work..have fun..and enjoy your day..oh and so good you are sleeping..that is what a good days work does wears your body out :O)
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxoo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 08, 2007 07:39PM

Yesterday's food:
Big glass of apple juice
1 bunch grapes
1 almond butter and blackberry preserves sandwich on sprouts 'n' seeds bread
1 almond butter and banana sandwich on sprouts 'n' seeds bread

Work yesterday was better than the first day, 'cause I spent most of the 8 hours on the computer doing training lessons.

Just did my weekly weigh-in. I lost another 2.4 lbs. (13.8 lbs total in six weeks)

Date: June 09, 2007 11:03AM

hey there..keep up the good work..you are doing great with transition....today is your potluck!! did you get the ingredients?? i found a ketchup recipe that only uses raw tomatoes and some sundried ones..that might be easier and faster in case you can't make the "ranch" let me know!!
talk to you later
love ya
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 09, 2007 02:33PM

I didn't see the jimaca or whatever at ONF when I was there earlier in the week trying to find the herbs. So I'm not sure what else to put with the ketchup now. lol Tis always one thing or another. Anyway, I'm going out today to sell some DVD's and buy the rest of the ingredients. Hopefully I'll get enough money from the DVD's to get the rest of the things I need, and enough gas to hold me over 'til Thursday. If nothing else, I'll just take carrot and celery cut up into "sticks", and leave off the dip.

Date: June 09, 2007 05:24PM

Well, I was finally able to get all the ingredients for my carrot and celery with raw ranch dressing dip. Old Soul even gave me four lemons for free 'cause they were just lose, and sold out of the bags. So I saved a few dollars with that. = D I ended up just buying a 2 lb bag of carrots, and will just sit here and cut them and the celery up into 1 - 2-inch "sticks". And then I get to make the dressing. I hope it comes out alright. I'll post later tonight after the potluck to let y'll know how it went, if anyone says anything about it.

Date: June 09, 2007 10:04PM

Pre-potluck opinion of the "dressing":

~~ Too grainy. I guess the equipment I have just isn't good enough.
~~ Doesn't really taste like ranch dressing. Maybe that's just me.
~~ I picture myself coming home with the full tub of tis stuff. I doubt anyone will like it.
~~ Definitely not making tis again if the above happens. Tis a waste; one I can't afford right now.

Date: June 10, 2007 01:45AM

I was right, it doesn't taste like ranch dressing. One of the people at the potluck tonight tis a gormet raw chef or something, and she said it doesn't taste like ranch dressing. If anyone would know, she should, right ? lol She did like it though. She ended up taking the rest home. = ) She also took the rest of the carrots (I'd taken about 2 lbs worth), and someone else took the rest of the celery (I'd taken a whole head or whatever of that). So I came home with an empty container. lol I can handle that.

Someone made a raw apple pie. I asked what was in it but, she ignored me. I think the part I was trying to figure out might have been raisins ? Who knows. Someone else said they wanted the recipe, and she told them she'd bring it next time.

There were only 8 of us there tis time, including me. I don' know if I'll continue going. I just sit there and listen to everyone else talk about everything but raw food. At least, that's how it seemed tonight. They kept talking about cooked and meat they used to eat before raw; the war and politics, etc. I don' read newspapers or watch the news for a reason...

The one who liked my "dip" mentioned spiroolis while she was taking a bulk order from someone else, and I asked her about it. She's going to see if she can get me one. Yay. I still want to try zucchinighetti. I just have been too lazy to sit here and prepare it. lol

I decided that my taste buds don' seem to like most raw "recipes". Just give me something alone (mono something ?), and I would probably eat it. Some of these mock meals or whatever just don' taste good to me.

I haven't really eaten anything today but, I'll probably be awake for a while yet. Also, I ate something last night that I know I shouldn't have, and I felt like crap tis morn' when I woke up.

Date: June 10, 2007 08:32AM

hey there..well trial and error is always good!! keep up the good work
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 13, 2007 02:14PM

Sunday/Monday's food:
1 large carrot, which took me three hours to eat.

Monday/Tuesday's food:
2 apples

Tuesday/Wednesday's food:
2 apples

(Planning ahead...)
Wednesday/Thursday's food:
2 apples

Thursday/Friday's food:
2 apples

Friday/Saturday's food:
2 apples

Now I don' have to worry about posting what I ate for a few days. You wouldn't believe how worn out and tired I am by the time I finally get home from work.

Sunday night, I had the joy of sorting through the sunglasses, and some of the reading glasses; trying to get them lined up with the right price sticker.

Monday night, I had the joy of sorting through most of the candy aisle, picking out all the out-dated stuff. You would NOT BELIEVE some of the dates I saw! As far back as 2005...

Tuesday night (last night), I had the joy of starting to sort through one of the food aisles to do the same as I had with the candy the night before. I didn't find as many out-dated items but, I didn't get as far through the aisle either. Something else that troubled me was some of the expiration dates on the canned type of food... 2010 or later. o.O TG I don' eat cooked anymore. Ever wonder what they put in that stuff to make it last THAT long ?!

Tis morn', right before it was time for me to clock out, the Big Boss wanted to talk to me. Oh great, I'm thinking, now what. I was right to think that. sigh He's got a problem with me sitting to do any part of my duties (Have been using the chair while doing the out-dated and sunglass sorting.). So now I have to either quit and find something where I can sit down 100% of the time, somehow pay to get my knees and back fixed, or just deal with the exscrutiating pain for the rest of my life.

I need the money really bad. I don' know what to do now. I've tried getting secretarial or computer jobs before. I have tons of computer/typing knowledge/ability/whatever but, NO on-the-job experience. Tis all personal/self-taught knowledge. I can't wait the year or however long it will take for me to lose enough weight to make any difference with my back and knees.

Just when I think everything's going to be ok, it all goes to @#$%&. Story of my life.

Date: June 14, 2007 04:04AM

Hey there hun...glad you are doing well and eating all raw!! that is awesome!! and congrats on getting tired and feeling the worth of a hard's day work smiling smiley love that feeling....
i am sorry that your boss doesn't want you using the chair..that is tough hun...hmm..i hope it works out for you!!
do you have any work agencies there?? they have them here and they do tests on computer and typing skills and help place you somewhere for work!! even without job experience....
well i hope things work out for you huN!!!
don't despair..life has a funny way of working out!! good luck
love earthangel
xxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 18, 2007 03:19PM

Don' really have much to post. I've been too busy and tired. I did do my weekly weigh-in on Friday, though. I lost 4.2 lbs in my 7th week. 18 lbs total.

Date: June 19, 2007 08:16AM

hey there good job on the weight loss!! keep on keeping on!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: July 04, 2007 05:58AM

Hey y'll. I haven't really had much worth posting for a while...

I quit my job. My feet were so swollen, sore, and covered in blisters that I couldn't even get my shoes on.

I got my first tattoo last Friday night, paid for with my first (and only) check from Walgreens. I already have my second designed but, think I'll have to wait a few months to lose some weight and/or figure out where it will fit so I won't have problems with extra skin that I might need taken off.

I joined a gym today (Tuesday). We get a 75% discount at World Gym 'cause James works for Wal-Mart. So we're only paying $21.85 a month for both of us. The closest gym has a dry heat sauna but, no swimming pool. They're building a new one north of here that won't open 'til next Spring but, will have two pools. The new one will also be about four times the size of the closest location. They have a location about 30-40 minutes from here that has a pool, and they're open 24 hours during the week. As soon as my tattoo heals, I plan on doing some swimming and sauna. 'Til then, I'll take it easy on the treadmill, bike, and a couple other pieces of equip they have.

I just got back from Wal-Mart. I bought a special outfit for me to work out in, and an MP3 player so I can listen to my kind of music while I work out.

I can't wait for Thursday, so I can start going to the gym every day. (They're closed for the 4th.)

Posted by: lotusblossom9 ()
Date: July 12, 2007 01:23PM

Hi Howling Moon,
I was diagnosed with PCOS in April. I've decided to try a raw food diet in hopes of a regular period and ovulation. (We're trying to conceive).
How is your journey with raw foods and PCOS going?
Amy

Date: August 27, 2007 06:56AM

hey there hun..hope things are going well....take care and let me know..call me or text me if need be!!! you know i am here for ya!
lots of love
earthangel
xoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables