Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Guess tis my turn to make one of these. lol
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 16, 2007 07:55AM

hey there..hope you get rid of the migraine soon!! take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Howlingmoon ()
Date: May 17, 2007 01:48AM

I need to vent or something.

I just got into a huge fight with my husband. He's trying to tell me that he'll give me $600 from his check tonight ($400 for bills, $200 for my groceries and anything else I need/want for two weeks), and he'll keep $280 for his groceries for two weeks. Tis ridiculous that he thinks he needs that much money for groceries just for him for two weeks! And then he finally tells me he might buy something else if Wal-Mart has it: Guitar Hero 2 for the Xbox 360! As if his game is more important than my health and wellbeing! I can't even SAVE the money to get a good blender 'cause he won't give me anything above what I absolutely need for food and bills.

I can't wait 'til I can lose enough weight so I can go back to work, save enough money, and leave! I feel like I'll never be happy as long as I'm staying here.

Howlingmoon "Moonie" Wolvespirit

Date: May 17, 2007 07:29AM

1 banana smoothie
1 10 ounce glass fresh apple juice.

Just not in the mood to eat/drink anything else. At least I get to go shopping later today. I seriously need to find some way of getting out of the house more often. Unfortunately, I've been out of gas for the last week, literally.

Date: May 17, 2007 07:46AM

Hey hun..sorry you are feeling bad....but be thankful and happy that he is giving you 200 dollars for things for 2 weeks..i am not sure what all you might need or think you need to buy..but i only spend about 30-40 in two weeks on food....so you should have plenty of money to buy a blender (like 20 dollars at walmart plus you get your discount) and some books..and have plenty of money still for food...you just have to use it wisely...if i had 200 dollars for just 2 weeks to spend i would have a hay day i would buy all sorts of fun things smiling smiley...that is a lot of money for only two weeks hun!! be grateful and happy..and continue on your journy!! and then when you are farther down the journey you can get a job save some money and get what you need done!!
good luck
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 17, 2007 08:28AM

I needed more time for my cell phone ($20), gas for my car ($40), new shoes (~$20), printer cartridges for a possible money making thing ($60), wanted to go to a chahkra teaching workshop thing ($90), needed more paper towels, dishwasher soap, bottled water, wanted to get a peeler for zucchini.

That's $230, not including food. I've decided I won't get to go to the chahkra thing (which also included a raw potluck), and won't get new shoes or printer cartridges. $200 doesn't go very far, even with me eating very little. But, I know for damn sure that he doesn't need $280 for two weeks, even if he was eating four meals in one sitting (only meal he eats every day).

Date: May 17, 2007 08:54AM

Hmm the car and cell aren't included in the bills??? ....lets see what we can figure out here then
the cell phone should be part of your bills explain that to him..if nothing else then since you hve a prepaid..dont' worry about the phone and just don't use it this month or so....
as for gas...put some gas in the car to make it to the store and what not and a few places.....shoes are important cuz then you walk to the store and around to places as you are able to handle.......
hmm yeah don't worry so much about the class i am sure it is a cool thing...but you can read up on the chakras and do stuff on your own..i posted a big thing on chakras and all about them..that is enough learning and info...if you want more on using them look them up i know you like computers smiling smiley.....

hmm well you have to look at the money making situation and see if it is going to happen and really going to work out..then get the cartridge cuz it will be you making money..but if you aren't going to make more then 60 dollars then wait on that as well!! not worth spending some of your money on something you will get les out of on a budget.....

hmm and as for other things...paper towels are bad for the environment try to use dish towels and reusable things smiling smiley.......using reusable dish towels and napkins are wonderful..you don't have to do extra laundry either so just throw them in with your clothes...you can get a pack of like 6 at walmart for a dollar or 2.....dishwasher soap at wal mart is only like 3 or 4 dollars as well so that isn't too bad...( i would suggest washing your dishes by hand though in sink with water and soap....use a stool or chair to sit so you don't feel pain since you can't walk or stand ) instead of buying bottled water all the time (although again at walmart wherey ou shop they sell 1 gallon bottles of water for 66 cents..or 24 bottles for 3.96 so that is one option..or splurge for 20 bucks and buy the filter system it is a pitcher with filter..you fill with tap water it filters it!!! great thing to have!!!!.....and a peeler at wal mart you can get one for a dollar!!! so don't stress so much hun it will work out..focus on positive things in your life..try not to think of the negatives..look for oppurtunities and other ways to spend the money and get all things accomplished...with the changes i mentioned that total comes to:
with cartridge,shoes,peeler,napkins,dishwasher soap and water....92 dollars
without cartridge: 32 dollars!!!!
leaving you plenty of money left to get the food....and then add the 40 for gas and you are set smiling smiley
just work around it hun and always think of the oppurtunites and blessings in your life...the more negativity you allow to overcome you and bombard you the more negative life will be smiling smiley
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 18, 2007 03:36AM

I'm so weak. = ( I went to Arby's today. I did make it my "dinner", and then went home and to bed, so my body had plenty of time to get rid of all that. I'm making myself not eat anything for at least 10-12 hours after the Arby's food, so my body doesn't have to worry about digesting more stuff while tis still digesting the bad stuff. = \

I did find two Asian/Oriental Markets in the town where I live that sell the young thai coconuts for $1.25/$1.29 each, and if they don' have them when I need them, I know another place about 20 miles north of here that has them for $1.25 each. That's the cheapest I can get them for around here. = )

I ran all my errands today, paid all my bills ('til the 1st, and hubby's next check), and even bought enough coconuts to last me a week (about $10 a week for coconuts with tax). I have about $160 left to buy my produce for two weeks, which should be plenty as long as I don' go overboard on the expensive stuff. I still would like to try a shot of wheatgrass at the juice bar where I buy my organic produce, though. I think it was under $5 for a shot. I'll probably check it out tomorrow when I go back out to get some more produce.

Date: May 18, 2007 08:03AM

Hey there hun...well hun i really think from after what you told me you had that you should be eating more foods to keep you full...some people have big appetites and some don't but if you are used to eating that much you should be eating more raw foods to help you with cravings and keeping you full!! you have to start off closer to the calories and amounts of food you used to eat..then it will slowly lower to more of a smaller amount...but don't feel bad...just eating raw is awesome and you will lose weight..but i think eating more should help you!!! eating greens are really good for keeping you satisfied and full and not craving things....so look into that as well!!!
yay see you have some money for produce yay!!! buy some greens!! and lots of yummy foods smiling smiley and those coconuts are great to get in more kcals ...for a whole one it is about 1500 kcals so that will help too....!!! you are doing really good and don't stress tomorrow is a new day and you will do great!!! take care and have a great night!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 18, 2007 08:30AM

I'm not active at all (hurts to be with my back and knee challenges (Using your word, EA. = þ )), so I'm worried about taking in more calories than I am able to burn. I think that's why I've been limiting myself on how much raw I do eat... ?

Date: May 18, 2007 08:34AM

hey don't worry about the kcals and stuff when first going raw..it is okay...most veggies and fruits don't have many kcals anyway...a whole head of kale or collard greens is like 40 calories..so eat more hwole foods and get more voulme and you are still good on kcals..and these calories are a whole different world and work differently they have living enzymes and your body knows what to do with them and use it to heal your body and energize it...as with cooked it was like what is this?? and stored it!!
good luck
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 19, 2007 12:33AM

Well, just got back from my produce shopping. I spent WAY much than I should have. LOL But, I just had to get a honeydew melon, watermelon, and raspberries.

I bought 20 bananas (smoothies!), a 3lb bag of apples, 3 apricots, 3 nectarines, 1 pear, 1pkg raspberries, 1 tomato, 1 zucchini, half a large watermelon, 1 honeydew melon, some oregano and basil, carob powder, a package of arugula to make a salad or two, and I tried a shot of wheatgrass. I spent $70 on all that. o.O I'm hoping most of it will last a long time. I'll need to get more coconuts ($10/week) and bananas (~$13/20 bananas) later next week but, the rest should take care of me for most of the next two weeks. I'll probably need more apples, and definitely more oranges (one left atm). I did forget to get one mango but, I can get that next time.

I didn't really like the wheatgrass too much. (a shot cost $2.89) I doubt I'll have that again, at least not for a while. = (

I think James (hubby) tis getting a little irritated with me taking over the fridge with all my produce. Just wait 'til he sees it tonight when he wakes up. = X I have most everything on the top shelf, one shelf in the door taken with my baggies of cut up and ready to juice pineapple, and half the second shelf with my coconuts, watermelon, and a couple other things. LOL I'm seriously thinking about buying a small fridge to keep either my stuff in, or his. It'll be a nice investment on the rest of my life, and less arguements between us when it comes to fridge space.

Now the fun part. I need to start peeling bananas, and putting them in a baggie to freeze for smoothies. Don' know if they'll be frozen in time for my smoothie tomorrow. = \ We'll see.

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 19, 2007 02:58AM

HEllo Howlingmoon

It sounds like you're doing well and learning! It IS a learning experience, trial and, er, some errors...lol....You're doing great. Glad you got to the potluck, that was a good introduction.

Keep up experimenting with fruit combos in smoothies, and --- ENJOY!

Here on this site someone mentioned www.rawfoodexplained.com and I think it is a great source of information. You might want to take a look-see.

Bon Appetit!
Elakti

Date: May 19, 2007 08:19AM

Thank you for the link, Elakti. I will definitely check it out. = )

I've decided that I do NOT like arugula. lol I don' like spicy stuff; I didn't know arugula was spicy.

Today, I had a banana smoothie with a little blackberry preserves thrown in. I'm not too sure I'll do that again. I didn't put very much of the preserves in but, the smoothie had an odd texture to it. I also tried the arugula salad with two small carrots and half a cucumber. I ended up seperating the carrots and cucumber from the arugula and only eating them (not the arugula). And I ate one whole apple. I think I'm still hungry but, I don' know what I want, and not really in the mood to make a juice tonight. After I watch a TV show, I might just take a nap 'til time to go to the farmers market (in ~5 hours).

Two more books I put on hold at the library showed up today, so I'm gonna pick them up in the morn'. (Eating without Heating and The complete book of raw food)

I finally talked my Husband into letting me buy a new blender that will be good enough for now. It was only $30 but, should be better than the 20some year old free blender I had. The old blender was hurting my hands from the vibrations every time I used it.

Date: May 19, 2007 10:32AM

Hey there..yay for yummy produce and doing so well!! keep up the amazing work and keep on keeping on!! you are doing really good ...i am very happy for you and proud of all the hard work.dedication and progress!!! take care
love earthangel
xoxoxxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 20, 2007 02:03AM

I only got a two hour nap before going to the farmers market, Ozark Natural Foods (ONF), Wal-Mart, and the library. Then I had to meet someone from the local FreeCycle list to give them my old 40 gallon aquarium that was just taking up room in my storage unit.

I spent $7 at the farmers market, and bought a head of broccoli ($2), two 2 ounce bags of alfalfa sprouts ($1/each), a thing of cilantro ($1), and a bag of salad mix ($2).

Then I went to ONF, and spent another $22. I bought two more tomato slicers, another zucchini, an onion, a thing of garlic, a small bottle of Braggs, a bottle of sundried tomatoes, and a box of 50 packets of stevia.

Then I went to Wal-Mart, and spent another $8 or $9. I bought a package of sliced mushrooms (non organic -- ONF didn't have the ones I wanted) and a bottle of EVOO.

Then I went to the library, and picked up the two books I mentioned yesterday.

Came home, put the produce away, and started reading forums 'til I got the call to meet the people for the aquarium. When I got home, I laid down to watch some TV with hubby 'til we went to sleep. Now I'm awake, and tis a new day as far as I'm concerned. LOL So I'm gonna make a smoothie in a few minutes. Mmmm, think I'll use the raspberries I bought yesterday. = D I can't wait to use the new blender.

Date: May 20, 2007 04:56AM

Hey there..yay you went and got all the things..i didn't see broccoli haah was that on the list?? smiling smiley we need that for our soup hehehe...oh well lol we will get it later....make sure those avo's are going bad......oh yeah i need to give yout he one receipe for them smiling smiley now that you have the stevia....
well you had an awesome day today!!! good for you!! keep up the good work
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 20, 2007 05:00AM

lol Silly, the broccoli's in the list of things I bought at the farmers market. = P

I made the raspberry smoothie but, it didn't taste very good. = ( I've only drank about half of it; not sure if I want to finish it.

Date: May 20, 2007 05:02AM

Oh haha i skipped the whole farmers market...i must of scrolled down too far to continue reading...i started on the ONF one after the paragraph on the storage unit things!! yay and sprouts that is awesome!! 2 dollar is a good price when buying them!!!
well take care
enjoy your smoothie
smiling smiley
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 20, 2007 09:56AM

I'm pretty disappointed in myself. I couldn't finish more than half of my rapsberry smoothie 'cause it didn't taste good (raspberry seeds throughout the whole thing), and then couldn't finish my salad 'cause it was hurting my teeth to chew anything. I think I need to stick with liquids, and the same things I have been eating/drinking for the last three weeks. I can't afford to keep wasting food like tis.

Date: May 20, 2007 08:21PM

My salad included 2 ounces of alfalfa sprouts, four or five small carrots, half a large cucumber, and a hand full of salad mix. I didn't eat anything else. Just woke up after 7-8 hours sleep. Might go back to sleep. I feel really tired.

Date: May 20, 2007 11:01PM

hey there..if your teeth hurt then liquids are probably a good option..there is a women who is trying to lose weight and she is doing really well on smoothies ...she eats no solid foods..only green smoothies..and she has lost like 70 pounds since october i think...she has a hard time getting around too much as well due to some knee problems and others...but i thought it would inspire you to know other are doing just the liquid/smoothie thing and feeling satisfied and doing well!!
good luck
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 22, 2007 10:17AM

Just got back from a walk to Wal-Mart to buy a grater for my carrots, so I can still eat them without having to chew big chunks. While I was there, I got tis great idea to make watermelon (or any other flavor) popcicles but, I couldn't find the things I remember from my childhood that we used to make homemade popcicles with. If I can stay awake long enough, I'm gonna check Bed, Bath & Beyond to see if they have what I want, for a reasonable price. I also need to go to the library, make some copies, and return one of my books.

James met a lady earlier tonight while he was working, whose grrma runs a "health food" store (James' words). When I asked if they had produce, he said yeah. So I might go check that out today, too. Just depends how tired I am by the time I can get out of the house. (James wants to watch some shows we have on the DVR.)

I made an orange smoothie yesterday. I used a young coconut (water and meat), two frozen bananas, and my last orange. It was ok but, doubt I'll make it that way again. I just threw the peeled orange into the blender as it was. Next time I try a smoothie like that, I'll juice the fruit first.

I made a regular banana smoothie today, with one young coconut (water and meat), three frozen bananas, and a bit of distilled chilled water.

I have definitely had my share of working out for the day. lol I cut up the half a large watermelon I bought the other day, into juice-able chunks. After doing that, I was worn out and had to lay down and cool down for a while. I would have taken a shower but, had just started the dishwasher, and you can't run both at the same time here.

Oh yeah. As I was walking to Wal-Mart, I saw lightning in the distance. I was hoping it wouldn't start raining before I walked home but, it did. So I had the joy of walking home in the rain. At least I have my new "hiking" shoes. No way I'd be able to walk far in my old shoes.

Well, tis ended up being longer than I'd expected. Gonna lay down, and cool down again. I'll be back later.

Date: May 22, 2007 08:06PM

hey there......good for you getting out and walking...at least you didn't have to walk for as your house is across the street from walmart...so you didn't get drenched right????
you are doing great...your meals sound good and soundsl ike you are taking in plenty of kcals and stuff for your body!!! keep up the good work huN!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 25, 2007 06:44AM

I rented a couple movies Wednesday (Night at the Museum, Pan's Labyrinth, and Deja Vu). We watched them Wednesday and Thursday. Didn't watch Pan's Labyrinth 'cause it was Spanish with English subtitles, which we didn't know. I returned the movies, and they let me exchange Pan's Labyrinth for something else, so I got Bring It On Again, Stomp the Yard, and Flicka. We haven't watched any of them yet. Maybe once James wakes up, we'll start watching them. We're going to see At World's End today at the first showing.

I finally found something similar to what I was picturing for making homemade popcicles at Bed, Bath & Beyond. It was only $3, and looks like it will work if I can figure out how to keep it standing straight up, upside down. I might try using it today or tomorrow with apples and/or pineapples. I don' have anymore oranges unless I go to Old Soul and buy more. We'll see how that goes.

I returned a couple of the books I got from the library, and renewed The Raw Food Detox Diet.

I did my weekly weighing today after I woke up. Only 1.6 lbs loss, and nothing lost last week.

I think it was Wednesday, I tried a watermelon juice but, it kept seperating, and it just didn't taste good. So now I have a huge ziplock bag full of watermelon I'll have to eat whole, and I've never been that big on watermelon before. = \

Thursday, I had a 40 ounce smoothie with one young thai coconut (water and meat), three frozen bananas, and two heaping tablespoons of carob powder. Hmmm, I think I used too much carob powder. LOL I didn't eat anything else 'cause I wasn't hungry 'til right before I went to bed, and then I wasn't in the mood to make anything.

Date: May 25, 2007 06:51AM

hey there..things sound like they are going well for yoU!!! congrats on the weight loss that is great!!! keep it up...if you are concerned with the weight loss..until you are able to really get moving you can check kcals online and see where you are with that....just an option..but hey it didn't appear overnight and won't disappear i think you are doing amazing!! so don't get discouraged!! take care and have a wonderful night !!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 26, 2007 05:30PM

I made pineapple popcicles. They're pretty good, other than the inside of my lips being raw, and the popcicles hurting my lips. I had one tis morn', and about 1/3 of one a few minutes ago (hubby ate the rest, and another). Gonna try to get him to eat the other one tomorrow so I can make apple popcicles. hehe

I went to farmers market tis morn'. I bought three quarts of strawberries for $9 (Strawberry smoothies!!!), a bunch of collard greens for $2, and a bunch of khale for $2.50 (Need to find out what kind of khale tis, so I can keep getting it. The others I've tried are "frilly" around the edges of the leaves, and I didn't like them much. Tis one just has flat-ish plain looking leaves.)

Then I went to ONF (Ozark Natural Foods), and bought a red bell pepper, one ear of corn, four carrots, about 1/4 lb of chelan cherries (first time they've had cherries, yum!), a bunch of bananas, some sea salt, and a package (3 oz) of broccoli sprouts.

I talked to the produce guy, and found out if I special order cases of bananas (for my smoothies), I'd get a 10% discount on 40 lb boxes. 40 lbs...that's a LOT of bananas! It'd be about $32 for that many. Good thing I have a nice size freezer. lol

My food yesterday: 30 oz smoothie with 1 young coconut (water and meat), 3 frozen bananas, 1 heaping tablespoon carob powder, two packets stevia.

My food today: 30 oz smoothie with 1 young coconut (water and meat), 2 frozen bananas, 1 semi-level tablespoon carod powder, two packets stevia (best one yet); and the 1 1/4 pineapple popcicles.

To anyone who's still reading my raw diary, I'm sorry I've not been commenting on any of yours. I'm still new and clueless on a lot of tis stuff, and don' have anything intelligent to say, so I just keep quiet. lol

Date: May 27, 2007 12:21AM

hey there...good past 2 days with food keep it up!! have a nice day!!
oh and don't worry you don't have to be raw for a while to post encouragment and support to others here on the board!! so get in there and post smiling smiley
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 29, 2007 12:38PM

I'm more of a reader, than a poster. That's why I don' really post much around here.

Yesterday's food:
1 pineapple popcicle
1 30 ounce smoothie with 1 young thai coconut (water and meat), 10 strawberries, 2 frozen bananas
A couple handlefuls of raw hulled sunflower seeds

Yesterday when I went to make my usual morn' smoothie, the first coconut I pulled out of the fridge had a huge crack in the bottom, which I found out after cutting the top off, went all the way through to the inside. There was no water or meat inside. I was pretty pissed about that. I'll have to pay more attention to the coconuts when I go to get them in the future. Unfortunately, when I went to get my coconuts last week, they only had five left, which was how much I needed to get me through 'til payday.

Now that my pineapple popcicles are finally eaten, I think I'll try apple next. I'll probably make them later today when I get hungry and make some apple juice for me to drink.

Date: May 29, 2007 07:47PM

yay glad your pineapple pops are finished..good luck with the apple ones...sorry about the coconut..that is weird the meat was gone too...
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 29, 2007 07:56PM

Might as well post today's food now since I don' play on eating anything else before I go to sleep.

28 ounce smoothie with 1 young thai coconut (water and meat), 6 strawberries, two frozen bananas.

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables