Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Roe the Newbie's First Day.....
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 15, 2007 04:47PM

Hey gang! So nice to see I am not the only one feeling bloated, tired and feedup of feeling this way!

Today is my first day of raw foods. My girlfriend who is what i would consider an expert based on her first year of experience (ha!) reminded me that today is not cold turkey (no pun intended ha!) but the smooth gentle beginnings of something wonderful for me....YEAH! I sure hope so!

Anyway, just wanted to post to encourage myself.

Sunshine On Your Head,

Lady Klea Roe

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Roe the Newbie's First Day.....
Posted by: Monark ()
Date: May 15, 2007 05:03PM

Welcome Lady KR smiling smiley We have a wonderful community of support here! Looking forwrd to your progress !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 15, 2007 05:11PM

greetings Lady Klea Roe smiling smiley lots of fun here , hope ya enjoy the ride =D

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 16, 2007 02:09AM

Hello hello, welcome! Great you have a girlfriend who is a year raw! Looking forward to hearing about your venture...It's an adventure! Bon Appetit!

Elakti

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 16, 2007 02:11AM

Hey there hun!! welcome to the diary section and congrats on choosing to go raw!!! it is going to be a wonderful adventure and journey for you!! and all of the amazing people in the diary section will be so wonderful to you for support on your journey!! they are all amazing!!!
good luck and hop you had a fabulous day one!! take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxox
akasachelle my journal is under my real name not earthangel..i switched it in like march for security reasons from google searches smiling smiley
take care

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: thinkingraw ()
Date: May 16, 2007 03:11AM

oh i'm excited for you!!! partially because you're one of the few people who have arrived here after me smiling smiley i'm a beginner as well, but the past couple weeks have definitely been a great change. yay for making such a smart decision!

good luck tomorrow! i hope you have a fabulous raw day!

Date: May 16, 2007 08:41AM

awww thinkingraw but you were the baby of raw smiling smiley haha just kidding...yes welcome to our new friend...it is always nice to have a new friend in the journal section to help and support!!!
how was your day today???
good luck and have a wonderful day tomorrow
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 16, 2007 02:47PM

Well, yesterday went well! I went to Wholefoods and picked up some munchie bars, and some almond butter, which tastes great by the way!

This morning breakfast will be green apples and nut butter. Later today I'm going to the local farmers market here in Hollister, CA.

Last night I had a vegan meal for dinner, not raw, but very good for me. And ya know, I just couldn't eat it all! Then later I had indigestion! ha! go figure! Anyway, I did look at the sprouted beans cereals and I passed...maybe those will appeal to me later!

I do have questions though - Is beef jerky raw? just dried meat? my problem is this...i love meat - yes, I know, feel sorry for me, I'm working on the changes remember! ha! And how does one use a dehydrator for "cooking"? I think I need to ask my girlfriend, as she mentioned it once.,.

Thanks for support and encouragements and welcomes! They are wonderful!

Sunshine On Your Head,

Roe

Date: May 17, 2007 09:15AM

hey hun..well good for you getting out there and doing fun things and learning what works for you and what doesn't...hmm jerky is not raw...if you use raw meat and dehydrate it yourself with raw ingredients for spice and at a low temp of less then 100 it is technically raw...but i don't have much info on that as i don't eat it haha...but don't ask on the main forum or they will get after you cuz this is a vegan forum...non vegan not welcome!! hmm good luck to you though hun!! i am sure slowly while you transition you will get rid of those cravings for meat and see lighter foods filling you up!!!
take care and have a wonderful dya!!! you are doing great..keep on keeping on !!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 17, 2007 04:59PM

Thanks EarthAngel for those words of advice! some of my best friends are vegan and when they make me cook my food outside in the rain on their patio at gatherings I don't hold it against them at all....tee, hee.....

Hey, I am doing great! last night I made a fantastic concoction (sp?)...portabellas, zucs, red onions, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, pressed olive oil, lettuce leafs for wrapping....It was great, added some more salt and whala! tasted even better!....ha!

I have lost 5 Lbs in 3 days!....anyway, thanks again!

Roe

Date: May 18, 2007 08:37AM

Hey hun..yay you and no problem for advice..hmm yeah it is touhg..i have been there and ate non vegan foods before..and i want to stick with my beliefs buti don't want to be one of those crazies with my friends who are non vegan haha i don't have any friends that are vegan or health aware haha...they are meat and potato gals and guys smiling smiley
but hey i still love them!!!!
haha that is funny about you cooking in the rain!! at least you won't be doing that anymore..no more cooked right?? haha
take care you are doing great!!!
congrats ont hat weight loss
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 18, 2007 10:13PM

Hey! Well, the first week has moved by fast for me....wow what a challenge to eat raw when you go out to eat!....i went somewhere with my team at work and all the resturant had was lettuce so i had lettuce and onions for lunch today!...ha! and ugh...very boring.....and the cafe had some great fat/cheesy something for breakfast so today was my first day of "man this is not so easy!" but i did just eat the fruit i had brought with me.

My girlfriend told me she keeps a small cooler with her so she can have food when she needs it and she works in a bank, so i think this weekend i will check out the coolers....

so far, I want a dehydrator, a juicer and a cooler...ha!...

Thanks again and have a great weekend!

Lady Klea Roe

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 18, 2007 10:24PM

hey Roe i posted this abuot the mothers day brunch thread

but basically i just call ahead if i know the restaurant and tell them my dietary needs ... any good restaurant will have things on hand to accomadate you

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

lots off good advice there smiling smiley

keep up the good work hun smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 19, 2007 01:48AM

Hey Roe....

glad to see your blog... i hope that you keep up with it.. it is alot of work but i have found it very fulfilling... not so much for accountability.. but because you never know what you might express or put in writing that could help someone else.....

thanks for the encouragement on my blog! you can do anything you want to..!

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Date: May 19, 2007 10:35AM

hey there..sounds like you are doing really well dealing with situations that arise!!!! keep on keeping on!!!! you are doing so well...keep it up
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 21, 2007 07:13AM

hey just checking in to see how things went this weekend!! keep up the good work hope all is well!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 22, 2007 05:43PM

Howdy!!

My first week under the belt...ha! pun intended!.....my biggest challenge has been boredom with the vegies...ha!

however, i have been working on different things to try - smoothies, vegie mixes...good stuff like that....

the other day i did eat some chicken about 1/4 cup with my very big and full of different vegies salad - which seemed to help me feel better.

i have been carrying around almond nut butter and peaches or apricots to help with the low blood sugar type feelings....

yesterday i had a head ache and was very tired - is that a part of the detox stuff?....

here at work i have access to a salad bar so that helps me alot everyday!....

I experimented with raw peas and ugh!!!! what i tried to make came out awful!!!...ha!, then my girlfriend reminded me about soaking stuff....oh duh!...

so anyway, quite an adventure, not so easy afterall, but I am still here, still hanging in and still losing weight!!! yeah!

Bright Blessings to you!

Roe

Date: May 22, 2007 07:55PM

hey there you must of experimented with dry peas...cuz raw peas don't need soaking and they are yummy!!! but dried peas are good when soaked and sprouted!!!

sounds like things are going welland you are doing great!!!
keep up the good work and take care...the head ache and low energy can certainly be part of detox...so don't worry!!!

well take care hun...
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 01, 2007 05:32AM

hey there just stopping in to see how things are going take care and keep up the good work!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 13, 2007 09:00AM

Hey there just stopping in to say hello and see how life is going...you haven't posted in a couple weeks so i was just checking to see how it was going and if you needed some support or encouragement...take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables