Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juice Feasting Madness
Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: May 20, 2007 08:12PM

Thought I would start a blog, also mark the start of my juice feasting journey!!

Anyway bit about me first, in my twenties, londonder born and bread, now live and work all over. Dance as well as studying currently to complete my degree, so things are busy but good.

Long term vegetarian(10 years of crappy yet veggie eating to be honest!!), transitioned to raw over past 6 months, been 100% for 8 weeks now and feel amazing. Have found healing from crohns through this, and now after being on 20-30 tablets a day take 0!! So its just wonderful. Have struggled with anorexia since I was 5, and its still a battle but I have recieved my healing/recovery as far as thats concearned!!

I feel so amazing on raw I cannot even imagine going back to feeling as awful and lifeless as I did before on SAD!!

During transition have :

Gained clear mental clarity

Calmness

Clear skin

Lost excess weight ( was at the upper limits of bmi 25 now around 20)- was loosing 6lb a week for 3 weeks, now slowed to between 3-5lb.

No crohns related pain- bleeding, pain or discomfort

Hormones settled, no longer imblanaced, ovulating without any bleeding.

Tonnes of energy!!

--

Anyways first day of juice feasting has been good

Have had plenty of water, juiced some melon and later some greens, now having a lovely pomegranate juice which is lovely!!

Am lucky enough to have a couple of weeks break now so its a good time to start this when I can try out different juices and also work out a system that works for me as far as transporting the juices I need and having enough to keep going through busy days and workouts.

If anyone has any tips on transporting/manging my juicing I would be grateful!!

Typically workout 2 hours a day, plus walking in the morning around 6miles sometimes a little more. Is important to me to retain my muscle tone, as well as stopping me going mad from boredom!!

Anyways there we go.. enough ranting!!
Excited, pleased to have found the site.

Ready for this challenge

xx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juice Feasting Madness
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 20, 2007 10:58PM

Hey you!!! yay you made a journal!!! so glad you are joining us on your journey!! this group is amazing..i know i was telling you in another thread smiling smiley.....everyone here is sooo supportive and wonderful..you will feel so happy just checking in on your page with all the kind words and loving people..this group really cares and is so kind!!!
congrats on the awesome weight loss and taking control of your life!! that is such an amzing feeling isn't it??
well have a wonderful day hun..just wanted to welcome you to the journal section and say congrats on awonderful choice for your life!!!
soundsl ike the past 6 months have been amazing already!!
keep it up
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 22, 2007 09:15PM

Thanks for the reply EA

I totally messed up last night, after no drinking for 8 weeks, being on holiday got to me and I drank. So, back to square 1. Felt absolutely awful this morning, was my own fault completly.

Really angry at myself.

Anyways today had:

Tomato juice
2 Litres water

Coconut water

4 cherry tomato with 3 mushrooms- just mixed plain

More water

---

Back to my juice feasting tommorow... feel really annoyed at myself, ah well..new day today!!

Xxx

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 22, 2007 09:39PM

[greensmoothieexperiment.blogspot.com]

valerie winters has a really stellar looking juice/smoothie mug she got off amazon .. check it out smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: May 23, 2007 05:11AM

hey there..don't be so hard on yourself...you are doing really well..so you had a detour in the journey!! that doesn't mean you lose all the progress you have made...keep on doing great!! you have made progross you don't lose that cuz you had some ETOH...so smile and go on with life and your journey!!
keep it up
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 23, 2007 07:56AM

Thanks EA and Jodi- cheers, I will check out that jug!!

Organic wine.. yet still I feel the most terrible guilt ever, has been a bit of a trigger ED wise.. just completly screwed me up, so in a bit of a pit at the moment.

Be fine I think once I get back to my normal routine at the weekend and can actually get my juicer out and be at home where everythings easily accesible. Its very hard when theres so many unwritten "rules" not to feel like you have messed up or to feel condemned. Very tricky. But sure I can sort my head out and get back with my feasting so to speak.

Just been drinking a tonne of water this morning..

Ah well..onwards and upwards as they say!!

xxx

Date: May 24, 2007 07:27AM

Hey there hun...oh well you had some wine youa re still doing good!! keep up the good work and don't be so hard on yourself!!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 26, 2007 02:38PM

Thanks for the support EA , am feeling a bit better now.

Went for a big shop this morning, after being away.. all that was left was a very mouldy looking melon!!

Got a jug/shake container for carrying juices and an ice bag also. Am going to try to carry all the juices I need for the day with me. Will see how that goes next week!!

Got a tonne of oranges, apples, lemon and some ginger for juicing.

Taking one day at a time .. coming up against a lot of questions/concearn from my family over how little I am eating and where am I getting vitamins etc etc

Finding being challenged in this way hard, after being vegetarian for 10yrs is like being challenged/attacked for it all over again!!

Anyway thats all for now

xx rawdancer

Date: May 27, 2007 12:27AM

hey hun..awesome you got yourself a shaker..and ice and all that!! you aroe n your way to success!! keep up the awesome work!!
hmm those oranges sound yummy!! i need to go out and buy some too! i love them..they are such a yummy food...and mono they are so filling too!!
enjoy
love earthangel
xoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 27, 2007 10:28PM

Posted a long one in the seven wks raw thread

Had a relaxing day and managed to clean everything and clear all the food out ready for tommorow.

Eager to start now!!

Been reading this all day

[greensmoothieexperiment.blogspot.com]

Really inspiring.

Anyway hope everyone is doing well

xx

Date: May 27, 2007 10:30PM

Hey hun..yeah you cleared out the food and are all ready!! yay for you!! good job.....ooh i love the valerie winters blog..i need to check in with her again...i read it a lot to see how she is doing it is so great she is taking charge of her life and weight youknow?? i am very proud of her...oh and you too!! you are doing so well!!!! take care of yourself and have a fabulous day!! you deserve it!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 30, 2007 05:46PM

Just doing a quick rundown of the past three days

Day 1

Had 700ml mango and papaya juice- mixture, chucked it all in/ blended with around half water

Then another 200ml Clementine/ with water just a touch.

A pure 1.5 litre water- only when thirsty.

-- Didnt crunch this day nutrition wise---

DAY 2

Coconut water, around 300mls

Apple juice equal : 300ml

Orange juice, with some pineapple- blended with water to make: 700ml

1 litre water

-----------
Met Vitamin C, A

Calcium and Iron not met.

just under 500 cal

TODAY

300ml Coconut Water

Green juice- mango, kale, chard, orange blended with water- Drank 300ml

Some pineapple juice 400ml

1 Litre water - isolated

--

Have been using nutridiary as a guide.

Is impossible to get over 500cal mark. Decided just to focus on drinking enough, when I am thirsty for the time being. Am diluting down the juices I make a fair bit, took me all day to drink 1 litre of juice today(which was a blended with water)

Feeling good and been able to train for 2 hours plus my usual walking for transport. So far so good

RaW_Dancer

ps.. any advice would be appriciated... TY

Date: May 31, 2007 05:48AM

hey there hun you are doing great!! keep up the good work!!! glad you are feeling so amazing that is so wonderful....
a few suggestions with your smoothies if you use the whole coconut with all the meat you will be over 1000 kcals in just that...if you use fitday or anyother..and meausure the kcals in the amount you scoop out and water..you get between roughly 1200-1500 kcals!! so try to add in some meat as well has a lot of calories...and also nut butters or tahinis are excellent makes a smooth smoothie!!! or dates are really good an high in kcals too!!!

hmm check out rawrnr;s diary..she hasntbeen on in a while so it is on second page but she did a 27 day juice feast and was eating 2000+ kcals a day in JUICE only!! so check that out hun!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 09, 2007 10:38AM

Thanks EA

Things have been super busy so havent been on much.

Spend the last week having juice during the day and some juicy fruit in the evening, usually a melon

Lost 5lb this week, not sure if thats too much or the normal rate. less than the 7 last week. Trying to add the juicy fruit. Back to just juice on Monday, I felt much better concentration.

Raw-dancer xx

Date: June 09, 2007 11:01AM

hey there hun..your welcome!! glad to hear you are doing well...that weight loss is awesome!! 12 pounds in 2 weeks is amazing!!
keep up the good work!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 13, 2007 08:30AM

hey rawdancer

doin well

i'm sure you feel it too in your dance movements
it goes hand in hand, actually

it takes strength to be doing this when you feel those around you are "attacking" you

take pride in the fact that you can do this

not everyone can dance
and not everyone can go raw

it takes a dreamer to do both
don't let anyone tell you that your dreams are an illusion

they are real

continue on

Date: June 13, 2007 08:35AM

hey there...i barely mentioned it sorry on the 7 week trial..but the banana fast can be a really really good one..really cleans out the body and detoxes it...and is cheap and fun smiling smiley..i have done it for a few days and really enjoyed it..i kmnow that if you search banana fasting or mono bananas you should find a lot on it..about a month or so back a lot of people were experimenting with bananas and having really great results!! so look into that
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: July 01, 2007 08:51PM

Thanks EA

Cant believe the 7wk thread is over, feel a bit like a lost puppy now!! haha

Anyways am embarking on a Fast for July.

Going to try 20 days water, then if I feel the need include some juices. continue with those for another 10 days.

Still have no voice, got a throat infection/bug thing. So just having a hard time with any food. I feel its the right time to water fast and get centred.

So here goes for July

Hopefully will be a sucess, will blog here.

Today

Water

1 glass juice

1 warm tea- dried cranberries + vitamin c shot supplement (need my voice back for work tommorow!)

Thanks

Raw_dancer xxxx

Date: July 02, 2007 08:55PM

Day 2

2 litres water

1 small cup juice

Still feeling pretty unwell, but the vomiting seems to have stopped now. Just focusing on rehydrating and taking things slow. Really could use some time in bed resting up!!

No rest for the wicked

Raw_dancer xxx

Date: July 03, 2007 04:41PM

hey hun...good luck and take care...i know the 7 week thread is over..hahaha i forgot about it already but it was a good one...everyone dropped out though in the end it got to be too much i think for some..oh well!! keep up the good work and take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: myst1kst0rm ()
Date: July 10, 2007 03:45PM

I cried when we ended the 7 weeks raw thread lol..I hope you are doing well..i am still worried about you!! Are you still sick??? Please come and let us know how you are doing!!

~ Tiffany

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart,
and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words..

Date: August 27, 2007 06:54AM

hey there doll..just wanted to say hello and wish you all the best!!! you have a dear place in my heart...i feel for ya girl..i keep you in my thoughts and prayers!!! take care of yourself and always know i am here for ya!!
lots of love
earthangel
xoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables