Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
hi , im a teen and need some advise!
Posted by: NEW2raw! ()
Date: May 23, 2007 08:50PM

hi everyone!
my name is alex, im 17 and have recently become interested in raw foods. i have been vegan since august, and now im looking for another change. i LOVE raw food, but i feel like im doing it wrong. when i involve cooked food, i always have breads to balance out raw foods...when i dont have the breads i feel like im really messing up my system. i know im doing something wrong. any advice??? and i know when i went vegan everyone said to "find what works for you" but i was wondering if someone could tell me what they accually eat and what portions thanks!
peace
alexander

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: hi , im a teen and need some advise!
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 23, 2007 09:39PM

check these 3 links ..one is a high fruit low fat and alot of folks posted their daily intake
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

the other is how we eat it (times of day etc.)
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

this ones on a 7 week all raw challenge folks are doing , again posting their daily intake
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

and finally lol here is a link to a rawteen site that i thought was pretty cool ... me bein an old broad winking smiley
[www.rawfoodteens.proboards58.com]

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: May 24, 2007 12:22AM

thank you sooo much Jodi :-D

Date: May 24, 2007 02:48AM

no prob new2raw smiling smiley i hope you stay the path and enjoy the journey smiling smiley would love to see you posting here for years to come helping others smiling smiley

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 24, 2007 07:36AM

hey there..congrats on the decision to go raw and welcome to the forum!!! you are doing great by making this choice...as jodi said those sites she gave are wonderful!! you can also check any of our diaries as well and we post our daily food in them!! good luck and take care!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 25, 2007 02:23AM

thank you 2 earthangle!

Date: May 25, 2007 02:27AM

ok so i guess i keep my "journal" here, if im wrong someone please correct me :-)
today i was completly UNRAW, i did this a few days before i went completly vegan, (august)it cut down on my cravings for animal products and i hope this happens with cooked food!
i already have my meals for tomorrow all planned out :-P
hopefully ill be back tomorrow night to tell you how my first day raw goes!

Posted by: meow ()
Date: May 25, 2007 02:35AM

good luck on your first day alex! remember to listen to your body and follow its cues and you won't go wrong!

Date: May 25, 2007 02:50AM

hey there..good job on planning out the meals!! that is an awesome thing..and make sure you have plenty of raw food on hand for when you are hungry or a craving falls attack smiling smiley you will be ready to fight it off and stick to raw!! take care and good luck!!
congrats again hun on going raw and doing something amazing for your body!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 25, 2007 02:57AM

Bread is a carb and helps to get that serotonin high we all like so much..makes us feel calm and relaxed. So, you might try some raw sprouted grains, or maybe some dehydrated flax crackers, or you could have some popcorn with celtic sea salt. Air popped or popped with some coconut oil which I like using. Not raw, but it's a good snack while transitioning.

I'm still reseraching it..

Love,
Prism

Date: May 25, 2007 03:07AM

hey air popcorn is a good tip too i have seen a lot of posts with people doing that!!! let us know!!
ooh and don't buy any packaged popcorn though..it has a chemical in it that when the employees of the factory that makes it breathed the chemical in was causing serious damage and death..so be care of packaged!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 25, 2007 03:18AM

i dont know what it is about zuchinni but zuchs and a bit of garlic powder (not garlic salt) and a bit of pepper just totally kill my cravings for meat and bread smiling smiley oh an a dash of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)

i think its the savoryness of it ... think aobut it .. you put garlic an pepper on meat do you really crave the meat or the spices? smiling smiley

Date: May 25, 2007 03:19AM

hmm i crave the item haha...if i crave it plain i know that is the thing i am craving haha..that is how i estimate too though..do i crave the food or spices???so well put jodi!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo
p.s....the neighbors are grilling somethings that smell devine even though i wouldn't eat them haha i love the smell...it reminds me of home..but i think i have said that many a times smiling smiley

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 26, 2007 12:15AM

so my first day raw has come to a close. i feel great but i had the stangest cravings....ive been vegan since august and am completly turned off by meat, but today i started to crave seafood! so i found a tuNo recipie and made some!
heres a list of what i ate today
breakfast
banana/ date salad

lunch
salad w/ parsley, cilantro, rasins (raw?), carrot, tomato, raw sunflower seeds and salt & pepper (i kno its not raw, but i needed some kinda dressing!)
dehydrated bannana

meal that started after school and has been continuing on and off until now...
-tomatoes
-rasin nut toute (raw)
-tuNo
probably some other stuff that ive forgotten
oh yea and the tuNO wasnt all raw, i think 2 of the ingredience had been processed or something...oh well im trying!

i need to make some dehydrated crackers! (dont have a dehydrator) im craving salty dry and crunchy!
oh yea and i forgot a green smothy and some almond milk....do i excessivly overeat? some of the diaries ive looked @ have only 4 or 5 things under what that person ate.
im giving myself this long weekend to get used to raw foods and relax; that means im staying in and not doing anything i shouldnt be :-( then i will hopefully start running again on tuesday!

also i havent kind of a strange question. but i dont kno any raw foodies soo i guess ill ask you guys...i havent experienced this yet but what do you do if you have digestive problems (ie consepation, diarea)

anyone from the boston area? im gonna go look through other postings cause i kno ur out there :-)
peace
alex

Date: May 26, 2007 12:25AM

hey alex, you are not overeating one bit! especially for a teenager- i was going to tell you you may want to eat more! when you're full on raw, you'll crave cooked foods much less. i always think i'm eating too much b/c i kind of eat alll day long, but it never adds up to much b/c fruits and veggies make you full for very few calories. so basically eat as much as you want whenever your body tells you it wants some food!

i used to live in boston! i went to college there but i just moved out west. i loved it though! i know starfruit's family lives in/near boston, she doesn't live there but she does go to a raw restaurant there when she's home, i believe she said it's in beverly, you may want to check it out sometime. the name of it is in her journal on the most recent page- i forget what it's called!

anyway, great job today! i love the tuNo, that's a cute name for it winking smiley

Date: May 26, 2007 01:47AM

home made dehydrator .. [www.alpharubicon.com]

or you can use your oven on low but it uses up alot of power smiling smiley

Date: May 26, 2007 03:00AM

hey there.awesome day for yoU!! good job...and no you are not overating..you should probably eat some more to keep full and satisfied on raw..!!! use fitday.com or something similar to track your calories to make sure you are getting enough..because it doesn't sound like it!! but you are oding wonderful!!
congrats and keep it up!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo
oh yeah there are a few people post in the meeting place about boston...starfruit is from boston but doesn't live there..but visits sometimes..and yes the restaurant is in beverly i believe....hmm well take care and good luck!
xoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 27, 2007 04:14AM

today....was completly not raw! :-( i went to earthfest and forgot to bring food with me, couldnt find anything reasonably priced and raw, i felt ok then but after having a whle day all raw i feel sick . cant wait for 2morro, i kno i wot miss cooked food everrrrrr!

Date: May 27, 2007 04:30AM

thank you meow, jodi, and ea!
i have to say this is the friendlies forum ive ever been on! im definitly not going out for the rest of the weekend because of todays "dissaster" i need to get comfortable with raw @ home before i get comfortable with it in "the real world" i will probably spend most of 2morro researching nutrition online since i am 17 and an athelete....basically i dont wanna passout :-P my mums worried enough as it is, she got so scared when i went vegan and as soon as she gets comfortable with it i throw her another curve ball! does anyone know what the average nutritionist would think of this diet...because now i have to meet with one, anyone have good ideas for a reasonable argument...(im not good @ arguing!) but i have a feeling i will have to make one with this nutritionist. well off to read harry potter as one of my earthfest buddies convinced me 2 do
peace

Date: May 27, 2007 05:07AM

Hey hun....hmm the standard dietician/nutrionist...usually don't agree with this diet and will fight you till the end...but then again they will usually fight you on veganism as well...i would look around for a good one that is holistic and believes in natural ways of healing and eating...they are a lot better..they have holistic dr's as well you can see!! good luck with that....my mom was talking to her friend (who knows me) and was telling her about my diet and she flipped outand was being so rude aobut it..but it is just a difference of opions you know??

hmm oh fitday is an awesome thing for nutrients..you put in what you ate..(or type in any food to see the nutrients..it is a diary for you thaty ou can enter all your food in ...it tells you all the stuff you need to know!! check it out...fitday.com!!! hmmm oh i love harry potter...can't wait till the new one comes out!!
take care hun nad have a wonderful night
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 28, 2007 03:51AM

ok so today i joined fitday anr realized i need ALOT more food if im going to stay raw, i dont know how some can function on so little food in a day! i had cooked food today jsut to kinda makeup for it (because i was in shock and not thinking!) but now im ready for tomorrow (i keep saying that!!) im going to try and put together a dehydrator 2morro, AND work out for the first time RAW! also fitday told me im "borderline overweight!" so i guess low fat wont kill me. o well, off to bed, cause my goal is to get up b4 7 for my work out 2morro! wish me luck (and i never found that harry potter booK :-( )
peace
alex
thanks for the advice ea, but im stuck with the nutritionist in my dr's office :-/
and thanks for turing me onto fitday :-D

Date: May 28, 2007 05:00AM

hey alex, don't worry too much about fitday saying you're "borderline overweight." if you are an athlete you have a lot of muscle mass, and muscle mass is heavier than fat so athletes tend to weigh more than the average population even though they are not over-fat. does that make sense? i'm tired and rambling...

anyway, i agree that you should try to see a holistic doctor. my mom is making me see one, too (even though i'm 21 and live on the other side of the country!). i think moms just have to be overprotective and worried, it's their job! but a holistic doctor would probably be used to seeing raw foodists and would be able to give you really great advice and be more open-minded about your new lifestyle.

have a great day tomorrow and go at your own pace! you don't have to be 100% right away. it may take time before it clicks and your body is ready for it, but don't worry, you'll get there smiling smiley

Date: May 28, 2007 09:34AM

hey there....well congrats on joining fitday it is a great tool that will really help you through all this transition..by letting youknow how many kcals you need and what not!!
good luck hun and have a great day!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 28, 2007 08:42PM

rather then argueing why not find and print out all the articles on rawfoods that really hit home with you and leave them laying around for family to read. that way your not in their face with it and they can read it , or put it down , or whatever

arguing wont get you anywhere ..wether your good at it or not smiling smiley

basic dietary foodguides say we should be eating 4-9 servings of fruits and vegetables a day (depending where you are canada, usa, australia, greece etc) so eating fruit and veggies is not something weird or abstract ... its common sense !

theres alot of good articles on this site all bout stuff check it [www.rawfoodexplained.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2007 08:47PM by Jgunn.

Date: May 28, 2007 09:44PM

good advice jodi!!!!
well hun just wanted to stop in and see how things were going for you!!! i hope all is well!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 30, 2007 12:51AM

i guess today was very unraw....i guess im the equivialant of those kids who say they wanna go veg, but they just have meat evey once in a while....but im getting more seious about this...my body is starting to tell me how gross cooked food is!
this is kinda long if you skip it i understand and if you wanna cut out a big chunck inbetween the ** ** is jsut a big rant and i dont know were it goes :-P

forgot to post yesterday...well i typed out a post but for some reason i couldnt post it and i cant remember what it said :-P i havent been very raw because of fitday ive found out i only eat about half the kcals im supposed to be, and when i eat raw (even though i feel sooooo great) its less! i just had a ultra processed and fatty (but vegan) meal and i feel like shyyyyttttttt. my skin feels more oily today and i can feel a breakout! and when i eat cooked food i feel like i have a mildly bad cold.....i really wanna get my cal intake up! i wanna give blood again but i wont be able to unless i get alot more nutrition out of my food, im taking a supplement and trying to go the stop and shop soon to get some greens! i HATE cooked food now but im not sure how well ill be able to aviod it :-/ the less i eat the better i feel but i really dont wanna lose too much more weight....uhhhg im so tired now and its only 8:30! this is y i hate cooked food soooo much! i feel so much better and happier when im allllll rawwwwwwww.
***here is a little rant. so ive realized how much people over eat, dont eat the right stuff. whenever i go into mcdonalds and watch everyone inhailing big macs etc i get kinda depressed, these people dont know that there killing themselves, even when i look @ my family and what they eat...my brothers hate veggies and overindulge on animal progucts to the max (they're both "healthy' but i wish i could get them to eat salad!) sometimes ill get them to juice with me and then theyll be consuming something better than hawwaiian punch! i know for me itll be hard eatting something differnet from what everyone else is (wow ummm im a vegan,......ud think i wouldnt care about that :-P) theres a vegan sub for everything and you can be just as unhealthy as an onmi but raw you cant. i just wanna get my fmaily and friends to be more conscious of what they eat....i dont wanna be 60 and the only one of my friends who hasnt had a heart attack, and i want my little brothers to outlive me....uhhhg i just wanna make them healthy. i guess i kinds hope sometimes that ill have the same fate as everyone else.... thats not to say that i couldnt mysteriously die tomorrow but....i hope oyu know what i mean because i dont think i do! in summary i guess i could bring my family with me on this journey....but i dont see that happening end rant**
-thanks everyone for all of your support i will deffinitly try all of your idea and let you know what happens!
well now im going to go make food for tomorrow so i dont endup eatting @#$%& again
heres my "plan" (never seems to work out)
fruit bowl with sunflowerseeds and almond milk
salad
tomoto soup
stuffed pepper
1 glass grape juice

-alex

Date: May 30, 2007 01:31AM

Hey there hun.haha you are funny..when ever i go into mcdonalds..what are you going in there for?? they dont' serve good for you things haha...smiling smiley you are cute i just found that funny you saying something about what the people were eating while you wer in the place too....
you are doing good..if you want more kcals from your raw foods eat more avo's coconuts.bananas..or nuts..they are loaded with calories..i young coocnut has about 1500 calories in it!! so that is a lot haha it is tons and bananas are about 150 each.....and avos range from about 400-600 kcals per avo..so that right htere is a lot..and nuts have about 200 calories for a serving..which is like less then a handful!!!
so try to eat more of those foods.they help you out...smiling smiley
good luck doll you are doing wonderful and don't worry anything you are doing is better then before right? so be happy and proud of yourself!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 30, 2007 03:30AM

change starts withen ..and radiates outwards.. dont worry about everyone else .. i know its hard ... things will fall into place as you change yourself smiling smiley

peace grasshoppah smiling smiley

Date: May 30, 2007 05:20AM

well said jodi well said!!
hope all is well hun take care and listen to jodi she is smart smiling smiley
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 31, 2007 02:12AM

hi everyone ! i was going to write a little later on tonight but i decided i would rather do this than study for french (i understand enough of the language anyways!) so today ive accually been all raw! i feel alot better than yesterday and im in a much better mood! the only thing i have to complain about is i get really <<fatiguée>> (lol sorry dont know how to spell it in english anymore even though its my first lang! :-P )other than that everyhting seems fine...just sleepy. i think im gonna stop obsessing over this kcal thing and just eat when im hungry (i kno such a novelle idea!!)
- EA i dont really go into mcdonalds that much, if @ all i ment more when i go by one and look in the windows....it is kinda funny though i have NOOOO reason to go anywere near any mcdonalds besides the one next to the super market down the street on my way to the produce section:-P good observation
oh yea and i have a question is frozen fruit raw?? cause i used some to make ice cream today since it was so hot
- jodi i love the nickname grasshoppah! (even if its not a nickname it still wicked cool eye rolling smiley)
- im trying to think of what else i wanted to say......
- im pretty sure there are discussion boards for this so if noone wants to answer this i understand ill stop being lazy and accually look for it! but anyway so what do u use for personal care products? i use honey for my face (works better than any acne meds!) and hemp soap for my hair. and then i have toms of maine everything else :-P
-and ea how do u put a pic of yourself in your signature (again im sure this is explained somewere but....i havent found it yet!)
-i think thats about all i have to say for tonight, i might be back later if insomnia strikes, so no wim gonna go eat a bunch a grapes or something bye!
peace

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables