Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

tweaked
Posted by: rainbowgrl ()
Date: May 30, 2007 08:32PM

HEy

I am raw foods for a year. Mostly green, but apples and bananas too. I've found eating less to be healthy too becuase I feel better, and I actually want to run around, so I trust my body is healthy. I used to have gout in one foot, which is gone mostly now, especially when I eat less. Over time my mom and I have less conflict over food (which stems from my childhood), I have lost a lot of weight (20lbs), and our family is pretty peaceful. Even my parents are curious about what I do and they stopped having sugar in the house at my request...cool.

I thought I could post here about some things that come upfor me and just express when things are right too, which is occuring sometimes now on an energetic level.

Currently I just got over a sort of experience with a new boyfriend, who calmly accepted my Way after a while (cool!), and I am so overly senstive as it is, that my moody coworker is anoying me (she said she's not mad at me...with a growel). I guess I remember when we used to comiserate about our wierd suicidal thoughts...but now mine are gone. Ah well...I need some friends.

Ahh... the more I've been raw the less I feel proud about it. I used to feel really warrior like just doing it, and now its normal. Now I feel guilty about eating less...around people who have issues with food, like fat people, or people who eat all the time. Its really weird, but I wish I could let it go. I hope I will. I'll have to ask my dog what to do...

oh man.
I am juicing more in the morning...like Natalia Rose says...I am snacking on fruit...and I feel very flexible when I juice. Its wierd, like in yoga I can do the plow on a juice day, but not on a coffee day...really vivid example of what juice does to my body.

I am so shy- I feel like with a nonshy person, having babies and hanging out with friends helps you learn to become experienced at being loving through life...but with me...I am so shy that yoga and raw foods are My Way...

I just ate too many almonds at my office and a cucumber...blah...and I am waiting to eat a salad at night tonight with my boyfriend. I wish I had this body thing figured out. My challenge is not to comisserate eat at work just becuase I feel like I have too...Writing, like talking can clarity.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: tweaked
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 30, 2007 10:06PM

Hiya Rainbowgrl welcome to the forum smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 31, 2007 05:40AM

Hi there welcome to the forum and congrats on doing so well with your raw foods!!! keep it up..and good luck to you on your journey!!
you have made a lot of strides and that is wonderful!! keep it up
love earthangle
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Brisimo
Date: June 04, 2007 06:40PM

Brisimo is my favorite word. It means Everything. I say Brisimo! to my dog to get her to stop or something is SO Brisimo if it is good. Frizimo. Everyone knows what that means...

I am drinking my green juice all afternoon, watered down. I like it that way. I haven't been that hungry lately. I am sort of curious about that. I think Natalia Rose is right when she says you have to learn how to make tastes. At night I don't want to eat a lot, but I do want to eat a little of several tastes.
Um...today I had mellon ( a little too much...and sweet...but it was good). Walked the dog early too, before breakfast...omg so fun.

I found Fresh Ginko leaves at my park. Several trees and I only two fresh ones a day. Yum. They are special. Thank you Ginko!

I made some Quik Balsamic Dressing from Natalia Rose' book:
1c balsamic
1tbsp Garlic
1/4 c oil
and pepper and salt, blended.

I feel like I've been blessed with a few mediocre thoughts lately (that being good, as not severe, which is more my inkling). So I eat fruit in the morning and I lately have been adding a few leaves of greens...just like a branch of Sheep's Lettuce or some garden green and it makes a difference. Now I can stay with my fruit...and accomodate my need for greens...and no great switch is neccessary. Yeah..and phew.

Um...deep breathing. I've been doing a little more deep breathing, by Sri Sri Ravi Kar. Read Jean Jenet's the Balcony...realized I only like one scene (with the horse and general)...

I still do Gravity Colonics, but I am thinking they may be at their end for usefulness. I am pretty poor, so I don't have the money off-hand for prof. colonics, but I am looking into it anyway.

Date: June 05, 2007 12:52AM

hey there..well i have never heard of either of those words haha..interesting about that...
well you are doing good keep up the good work!!
have a wonderful day
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Today
Date: June 05, 2007 07:31PM

Today I had mad coffee in the morning and three Luna Bars (a little guilt about my flat belly- gee!), then fruit (3 oranges) and then for lunch some cooked soup my mom made...and bread with fake butter (transitional). Spent some time playing bob marley way too loud in my car, and feeling dizzy cleaning house. Now I am realizing I'd better get some sleep before I bomb some very good relationships.

I've been obsessed with the feather. I looked up its symbolism and found this:Ma'at (Maet, Mayet) is the Egyptian goddess of truth, justice and the underworld. She is often portrayed as wearing a feather, symbol of truth, on her head. She passed judgment over the souls of the dead in the Judgment Hall of Osiris. She also weighted up the soul against a feather.

While it may be a bit dark, its cool because I come from a law family. Also for me, raw foods is like right living, and I believe your soul is seperate, but your body and soul are also entwined so right living...creates a happy soul...perhaps one that could pass a feather test.

I ate a good dinner out last night with a family. It was raw salad, cooked broc and salmon. My bf actually declined desert and skirted us out before the checks and chocolates came (wow cool). So day to day....

Date: June 05, 2007 09:02PM

hey there well you seem to have the transition phase down and conquering it..good for you!! keep up the good work..take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Re: Brisimo
Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: June 05, 2007 10:15PM

Rainbowgrl: I don't know much about colonics, but in a book I'm reading about wheatgrass (Ann Wigmore) there's a 3 day wheatgrass explained that includes daily wheatgrass enemas (with a baby syringe). It's supposed to really clean your lower colon and you don't feel sick during the fast. I'm growing my first crops of wheatgrass (simple and pretty to look at, too!). After we have a few shots of the juice my husband and I are going to try the 3 day fast. Certainly only costs pennies compared to a professional. However, I don't know much about what you are doing. It's just a thought for you to consider to save $$$$. Good luck and keep on keepin' on!

Joan

Date: June 06, 2007 07:05AM

Hey Miss Joan..have you made shots from the wheatgrass yet??? it takes SOOO Much of the wheatgrass to make one little 2 0z..shot haha it takes a ton to make enough for the implants....haha that is the only thinga bout it..you have to grow sooo much for a few days worth....but the inplants and enemas are really good...what you do is the enema first to cleanse..then you do the implant..where you put the wheatgrass in and hold it for as long as you can..then release it...they sell enema kits online too for cheap....
well that is a good idea for you too rainbow..that way you still get the benefits without the cost...coffee is really good as an implant as well!! and green tea..i sue oxygenated water sometimes too...
oh e's and i's are great for you haha
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

No Sleep- yikes
Date: June 07, 2007 07:35PM

I missed a lot of sleep. Drank coffee, fresh veggie juice, and some chocolate. Raw granola...a lot for me at by 3:30. Thinking of getting "those minerals" that'll help me feel good...soon after work.

Oh- 3 raw oranges.

Date: June 08, 2007 04:57AM

hey there good day!! keep up the good work!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

More Today
Date: June 11, 2007 08:50PM

Hey,

Drank coffee, but then maybe 45 oz of raw juices. Carrot/celleri/beat, then cellery/cucumber/gingermmmm Had some rice bran, with unsweetened choc soy, a bit more coffee...then plain yogurt with lethicin...then a few almonds and RAISINS...before I read here that they aren't raw...which is cool since I am not supposed to be eating them anyway. Ah...I had some salad at a restaraunt last night...and realized that I REALLY NEED TO GET TOUGH with these waiters and just say...give me some salad...and oil and lemon...(damnit with a smile). I am gonna do that- cuz what they gave me made me sick after a while...sadly...so instead of making some RULE like no Restaraunts...come on...I'll just start asking for what I like. OK! Excited.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2007 08:51PM by rainbowgrl.

Date: June 11, 2007 10:41PM

Hey there...good for you...take charge of your life and what people are feeding you!! that is the way to do it..make them give you what you want you are paying for it and you are the customer smiling smiley
good job..
keep it up
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Today
Date: June 12, 2007 05:15PM

Alright. A little bit of coffee... and green juice and a bit of chocolate and some soft-veggie soup (cooked, my mom's) and a carrot. Hello 1pm.

Lately I have been feeling very hostile...but also very in charge. I guess I am realizing how in charge of myself I need to be, as a gheto hippy with no real money. I am definately on MY SIDE. So...I had a good time cleaning this morning. Mostly outside and it was fun...

yesterday I found out my favorite is raw juices, that are thawing and can be drunk a little and crushed up with a spoon. Really Good!

Date: June 13, 2007 04:33AM

Hey there...good you are getting the hang of it and knwoing you are in charge!! keep it up!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 13, 2007 08:21AM

hey rainbowgrl

u mentioned how u felt guilty about eating little amounts in front of some people

most people like to parallel how other people eat, bite for bite.. don't ask me why but it is true

there were so many times that i would just order a salad at a restaurant and then a non raw friend or acquaintance would say " I'll just have a salad too"

i can't tell u how many times that has happened

usually, people wanna see a new way of living and changing their lives
and when they see you doing it

it gives them courage to take those steps too

i've had people around me change the contents of their fridge, their diet, start juicing like mad etc.

and i didn't even tell them to do anything

i ( generally) am not such a good advice giver

its just not my most fave thing to do

but people will start gravitating towards what they know is "right"

and when you eat "right" it just kinds of makes a light bulb go off in their head and they see that

" whoah.. someone ELSE is doing it.. i'm gonna do it too!"

and they don't even need to know one iota about raw foods

its just instinctual common sense

most people GET it on a subconscious level

so quit feeling "guilty" that you are doing something good for yourself

don't spend your entire life trying to make other people feel comfy around you

that's THEIR job ( to feel comfortable about who they are)

NOT yours.

you have enough going on to make yourself feel comfortable

be brave

eat that salad in front of the friend who eats pizza and donuts

or drink that green juice in front of the entire group of people at the party who is guzzling beer

and if they ask you why you are doing it , just say

" cuz i like it
and cuz i can"

Date: June 13, 2007 08:40AM

hey good advice lv...that is good to have that care free attitude and not care what others around you think or do....
good luck
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Here Again
Date: June 18, 2007 06:13PM

Here again. Here again. OK- food. Chocolate actually. A lot, but not too much. Soy milk and coffee actually.

And zuccinni and cellery and Natalia Rose's Quik Balsamic dressing. LIKE the QUIKEST SPEGGETTI recipe. Just Seeds of Change Sauce and threaded org zuccini.

Came up with a joke: "she quit the holocost servivors no-food-left-behind club." YES. I do come from a servivor family and its like time for me to not over-eat.

Leaf of basil
bunch of Nori

some plain yogurt and raw oats/fruits

Good music/conversation/excersize/sun...yeah....

Date: June 19, 2007 09:00AM

hey there..glad things are moving on well and you are doing good!! keep up the good work...good for you trying something yummy and new!! keep it up
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Listening
Date: June 19, 2007 05:47PM

Hey some other people have good advice on this site...

ahh...Things are still rough in my life, but I feel less effected by it, strangly...its like good and bad...are a little lighter.

I had coffee and dark chocolate, and several nori strips and some raw nuts and a few raisins.

Ah. I am feeling good about my job: personally my work has really "picked me up" becuase people really like me and I do a good job and I contribute to them by using non-toxic cleaning supplies and they contribute to me by giving me the independance of working for myself, plus compliments which, considering I am mostly water and words are vibrations, is beneficial.

Ok- Good day.

Date: June 20, 2007 10:19AM

hey there..sounds like things are going well!!! take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Hey- Changes
Date: June 20, 2007 05:37PM

I made some changes in my work- now doing cleaning full time. More money just so you know, and I won't be sitting around the office with nothing to do (but go on this website), so I must say Fair Thee Well to you all, mostly. I'll check in now and then no doubt...this website is like a personal cheerleading group.

Love all. Hope yall are well...

Date: June 23, 2007 06:49AM

Hope you are doing well!!
take care and good luck on the new job
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables