Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: So Far So Good
Posted by: pampam ()
Date: June 30, 2007 03:39PM

I think You are doing just fine. It is understandable what you are going through. I am new to this type of eating and have read mostly ann wigmores books on it snd Some stuff on line recently. If you undertook this as a experiment then perhaps you have learned just what you were searching for. You know now just how powerful high enjyme foods are and what your body is capable of. I think that in itsself is a breakthrough. We know what our bodys need but before eating all raw I never knew it was raw and high enjyme foods. Now that I know that I can let my body heal itself by feeding it thus. I am so impressed with your posts and still am. In this world to eat all raw foods and make changes in food intake is the most difficult choice.
One thing I would like to know is just what books have you read, leafdrinker?
You take care now Pam

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: leafdrinker ()
Date: June 30, 2007 09:54PM

Pam: I started with "12 Steps to Raw Foods" by Victoria Boutenko, after my daughter suggested it (though she hadn't read it yet herself at the time). I found that book completely convincing and inspiring, and still do. Next, I read all the other Boutenko books (Green for Life and Raw Family), and my raw eating pattern has pretty much been based on the way Victoria says she eats (green smoothie for breakfast, green soup for lunch, occasional fruit, sprouts, crackers). More recently, I ordered and read parts of 4 of the Ann Wigmore books (Hipprocates Diet, Wheatgrass Book, Blending Book, Sprouting Book). I've also read the class notes from my daughter's class at Raw Soul, which are based on Wigmore's work. Then there's Gabriel Cousens -- I'm a few chapters in to Conscious Eating, and have also read the beginning of his newer book, Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine. Also, I've read many of the threads on this board. That's all so far -- I've only been at this since mid-May.

Posted by: leafdrinker ()
Date: July 01, 2007 12:28PM

Hi friends. Well, I feel much better today. Yesterday, I felt that I had arrived at a crossroads, where I had to choose between a continued climb to a higher spiritual level, or a regression to an addictive lifestyle. My first reaction was fear of the higher path. After a day of much angst, and some specific healing work, I'm refreshed, renewed and ready to resume this journey.

The only cooked thing I ate yesterday was a Nairns oatmeal wafer in the morning, with my smoothie. As soon as I bit into it, I felt a rush of bliss, almost like a drug fix must be for a junkie. It was so interesting! Other than that, I ate nicely: grapefruit banana kale smoothie, 1/2 avocado with lentil sprouts and lemon, kale parsely tomato avocado rejuvelac soup with dulse and flax crackers, an apricot and a banana, and a sample of a dehydrated sprouted wheat bread experiment.

This morning I had a collard grapefruit banana rejuvelac smoothie, and more of that bread I made. It is very flat and dry, but has a wonderful sourdough taste and a nice chewy texture. Definitely something to work with and refine.

I am driving to NYC with "fruitpuppy" to visit "starfruit" today, then we're going to PA to visit their cousins for a few days. This will be my second test of trying to eat raw while being a guest. This time, starfruit will be with me, so we'll support each other, and hopefully it will go better than last time.

Best to all.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: July 03, 2007 04:50PM

hey there....yes part of detox is that feeling of what are you doing and is raw even worth it...but then you think back and realize it is...good for you....keep up the awesome work and keeping climbing...don't look down or you might fall smiling smiley......have fun in NYC with the gals...and lots of fun with the cousins...you have both of your gals to take care of you!!! and to help you with the raw journey.....keep up the good work
lots of love
sach
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 04, 2009 03:26AM

leafdrinker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm .... hoping to
> grow buckwheat lettuce and sunflower, so that most
> of my chlorophyll can come from my own growings
> rather than relying on several-day-old leafy
> produce flown across the country ....

That's exactly the way I look at it -- BUT please go easy on the buckwheat lettuce (aka buckwheat greens) at first, increase your intake gradually, and stop if you start to get funny tingling, numbness, or itching on sun-exposed areas. Some people (like me!) are sensitive to buckwheat greens, at least in large quantities like it's easy to do in smoothies or juice. They can make a person so sensitive to sunlight (even through a window) that they have to live like a vampire till they figure out what the problem is and then give their system a month or two to get over the symptoms. Here's a link to the most helpful article I've found on the subject (the one that enabled me to diagnose what the doctors had been stumped by): [www.gillesarbour.com]

And if you find that you can eat them just fine, then go for it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2009 03:35AM by Carol the Dabbler.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 04, 2009 11:23PM

Hey, this is great to see starfruit again and earthangel! Hi ladies!

And now starfuit's Dad! Welcome leafdrinker!

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: June 05, 2009 05:27AM

I remember leafdrinker, starfruit and earthangel. I wonder how they are doing. It would be great to have them drop by and leave a noat.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 08, 2009 05:42PM

Oh, I didn't realize this was an older thread. Shucks. Well, wherever you all are, hope you're doing fine!

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables