Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

back...hopefully for good this time
Posted by: NEW2raw! ()
Date: June 14, 2007 03:09AM

hey everyone! i miss you all! ive made up my mind and i have decided to go as raw as possible :-D i made up my mind today when i was looking through my <<Veg Times>> what i used to do is look @ all the veg recipies and veganize them in my head....now i look @ everything and try and figure out if i could make it raw....and or alot of them i could! since its getting warmer now i think now would be the best chance for me to get back on track....as i am litterally getting back on the track to get in better shape. kinda random but i just finished the film "earthlings" its really depressing and deep but i think its a must for anyone interested in animal rights.
goodnight!
alex

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: back...hopefully for good this time
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 14, 2007 03:44AM

hey there hun..welcome back again..hope that this will work out for you!!! keep up the good work..and good luck
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 15, 2007 01:53AM

so today i realized how much easier raw is than veg or vegan. today i went to a chinese restaurant. all of my friends i went with were omni so they had no problems with the menu, but i had to order something off the menu, even when i specifically said Vegetarian w/o eggs i got a side of pork fried rice and a soup with beef... if i had brought my own raw food i wouldnt have had this problem. i was starving so i ate my lomein and picked @ the rice (before discovering the pork) also i had a great dessert tonight! i made it up @ least i think i did :-P it was ammeretto (i think thats what its called...normally made with marshmellows, pineapple, creme, and coconut) im wicked stressed right now cause i have finals!!! im starting to listen to Rawkin radio and im trying to use that to help de-stressify (is that a word??) my life, cant wait for summer vacation. oh yea and does anyone have any suggestions for supper energy foods??? and also ones that curve appetite?
peace

Date: June 15, 2007 03:44AM

hey there hun...well good for you....well i am glad you think raw is easier then vegan haha that is awesome....i am happy for you though coming to that realization...keep it up!!!
haha if de-stressify isn't a word it can be ours..cuz i am going to 2nd that notion..today has been a very stressful day for me...but oh well i am moving through it...
well hun take care and good luck
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 16, 2007 08:16PM

-i usually try to write @ night but i forgot to write last night so ill probably still write something tonight.
- soo i want to start off on the topic of parties. its already weird enough for me to go to a cookout since i dont eat meat, but i realized how much more horrible it would be if i was 100% i am a compulsive eater/ drinker (water not booze) so today i went to a party were the only person i knew was the person the party was held for. i hate situations like this :-P so after downing two bottles of water i decided if i downed another people would start to stare. so i started to eat some chips. how do you deal with a stituation like this? i mean i was already out of place, if i had broght my own raw food it would have magnified the situation. any advice for things like this? i was thinking bring cherries in my pocket cause then i can pretend its gum, and chew on the pits to soothe my compulsive eating.
-also does anyone know where/ how to get vegan condoms? i cant get them online cause i dont have a credit card.
-ea i hope today is a better day and hope everything worked out the other day
-anyone dehydrate outside? i just started it cause i plan on buying a dehydrator, how can you tell if something is "dehydrated" i have put things i thought were pretty dry into a jar and then moisture started to accumulate, i guess they werent dry enough yet. i kno dried foods are good for storing energy but whats bad about them? ive heard that "fresh food" is the best but what about dehydrated fruit, isnt it just more concentrated?? and how long will the average dehydrated food last for? i feel like i should be asking jeeves or goole this :-P
-well its freaking beautiful out today so im gonna go for a swim and up my chances of getting skin care cause im a sun addict :-P
oh yea i cant remember if ive said anything about "earthlings" here but its a wicked strong film, see it :-)
peace
liebe
alex

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 17, 2007 12:39AM

Why do you want foods to curb appetite? I thought the reason you ever quit raw was because of losing too much weight. You wouldn't want to eat less, eat more, maybe eat more times during the day? Is it because of budget contraints? How about raw hemp protein shakes? Protein takes longer to digest and you can still add in fruits or whatever you like to a shake. You could add in almond butter too in a fruit smoothie, I like to do that sometimes.

You can use the oven at a low temp setting (you can do some research on temp) for dehydrating foods. I think it would work better than outside.

I'm glad you decided to give raw another chance, I hope you can eat as much as you like so you don't get too thinsmiling smiley Geeze..I should have that problem!

Oh, and I think you should pack your own raw foods if you go out to eat, or out to friends parties, etc. It's a way to introduce other people to the raw life-style and I feel there is no shame in eating fresh raw produce. Maybe pack some nuts, or mixed trail mix, and take a coconut for water and a treat.

Love,
Prism

Date: June 17, 2007 02:25AM

im sorry prism i dont think i was very clear when i said i wanted to curb my appetite, i dont usually eat because im hungry, i eat because food is present :-) the only time i would like to be able to curb my appetite is before i go out to social events, i guess i meant i wanted ideas for quick and easy wickedly filling foods. sometimes ill be somewhere where i dont have access to raw food for several hours, bringing a trail mix is a great idea...i would just have to remember to bring it :-P i dont have any financial constraints on food since i live with my parents and they pay for my food :-D but i still dont have my license, so if i need something i have to wait until my parents go shopping again (the closed super market is a few miles away, but the streets arent safe to walk on, and for the closest farmer's market i would have to walk farther and catch a bus.....AND its not even open for another few weeks)
-i bet anyone w ho reads my journal or my past ones would think im really not commited to this diet.....but i guess i only highlight my screw ups not the thing i get right!
-oh yea and in my earlier post i ment to say skin cancer not care :-P
-goodnight everyone, im gonna go make some almond milk for my "power smoothie" breakfast 2morro
-happy fathers day to any fathers or the like out there
peace
liebe
alex

Date: June 17, 2007 08:49AM

hey there....parties are a hard situation but take some food with you to munch on...people won't care...at the most they will look and ask or just wonder tongue sticking out smiley but it is your life and you need to take charge and make sure you are happy and eating healthy like you want to..
take care and thank you i am feeling pretty good
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 20, 2007 12:54PM

so yesterday was almost all raw till i caved @ about 630 and had cooked food
i think what i will do from now on is plan on eating cookd food twice a day....i eat about 7 times a day. also i relized how breakfast never helps me.....i hate the idea of eating right when i get up. the reason ive been reverting to cooked food is ill get really hungry for no reason. today is the fist day of summer vacation (but i have to work for the next 8 weeks starting today!) i will do my best to juice as often as possible. oh yea about that, anyone else juice collard and kale?? well when i do it my juicer SCREAMS! in the pic on the box it shows someone putting leaves through it w/o a problem, is there some secret to this?? also i have decided no matter how raw i get i will continue to eat cooked tomatoes since they are basically the only cooked food with more nutritional value cooked. i will write more tonight after work.

peace
libe
paix
alex

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 20, 2007 04:38PM

hiya grasshoppah ! im wondering what you are listening too at that moment in your picture

very cool pic smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: June 21, 2007 02:49AM

so i have decided i AM the cookie monster...when it comes to cooked food which im doing my absolute best to avoid. it seems the harder i try the harder it gets. anyone know raw alkaline foods??? i LOVE acidic food but its really bad cause i dont balance it out and the only alkaline foods i kno are all cooked. ive decided i need to go MORE raw lol, this "revelation" came today when i was eating pizza, i got a sharp pain in my side and my stomach hurt for a few hours. as soon as i get to the store.....(i dont know when that will be...hopefully soon) i am going to get back to my raw basics (ive been experimenting with new foods) of pineapple, tomato, spinach, collard greens, dates, and cucumber.

i dont think ive ever done that whole background story thing so i decided i would do it now....haha i hope ihavent done it cause im doing it right now. so my life isnt all that exciting but ill guess ill start "in the beginning" as far back as i can remember i have loved animals, my mum says i was "veg" for about 9 months when i was 4. all thoughout my childhood i had a trying relationship with my father. in -elementary school i fought off sexual advances from my gym teacher cause i didnt have alot of friends. i have been depressed since 6th grade, but its alot better now, i used to have eating problems, first too little, then too much. my parents didnt know what to do with me so they kinda let me be, so i used to cut and try to make my self get sick. in middle school i used to spend hours laying on my floor crying ans wish everyone would just go away. iva had a couple "relationships" if you can call them that, none of which have lasted very long and all of which have involved alot of drama. im fairly independent especially from my parents. i have a small group of friends, most of whom r pretty cool . now i guess im kinda an over achiever (or @ least thats what everyone says) ive been called "a great humanitarian" and received a couple awards. i will occasionally smoke cigarettes (its was a month since my last 1 yesterday :-)) and i drink a little too. i run to get away from things (like my dad) i think its kinda symbolic ...i run to run away, and forget. also im trying to get back into drawing painting etc. i decided to try going raw (try is the key word right now) for a couple reasons
1) health
2) challenge
3) intrigue
4) to piss off my parents
5) to meet wicked cool people on forums
-so i guess this is me basically in a nutshell, i know ive left some important stuff out and maybe ill add them in later
-well i gatta get up real early 2morr which im kind pissed about cause ive had NO summer vacation o well what good will being pissed about it do? night...maybe

peace
liebe
paix
alex

Posted by: green gal ()
Date: June 21, 2007 05:49AM

hey alex
well, I know ALL about the cookie monster complex...heh. Patience is good for that one, though sometimes it helps me just to shove him back under the bed. or I fool him and say, "see? cucumber slices ARE cookies!" silly, I know...

That's awesome that you are creating more friendships and are feeling supported in your independence. Especially as you heal and come into your own.
It's a balance I work with--to be a hermit? or not?? and especially tough when I'm trying to make some new patterns in my life. (wait, you eat what now? they're always saying...)
I for one am greatful for all the moments that have conspired to bring you to this point in your life, and to raw food...I hope you are too!
oh yay, one of my favorite songs just came on! huzzah....gots ta go dance.
xx

Date: June 23, 2007 03:35AM

so i havent written in a while. ive been having alot of cooked food recently....i mean more than raw :-(, this is because i havent gone food shopping. but im going tomorrow hopefully. also yesterday i had an interesting experience, i was working and the last time i had eaten anything was before noon and was nothing big...like an apple or something (for anyone who hasnt read my other posts im a compulsive eater!), it was after 7:00 and i had been walking etc alot, i was starting to feel dizzy and after going though my cravings for salads and eventually cooked food i had a craving i can never remember having before. i accually craved meat! i have been a vegan since august, veg before that...i have NEVER craved meat before (opps i forgot to say before that i had also gone for kinda a long jogg too) it was so weird for me. then after a few hours (i still had no access to food!) i got over it and was in a really relaxed state. so then i went out to dinner and got some steamed veggies, i was exhausted so i went straight to bed when i got home. this morning i woke up thinking about meat, and what it would do to me if i had caved...so i ate some.....i have been sick since then. i took something to calm my stomach but it is painful to move and my stomach swelled up for a while. it still hurts alot. well i guess that my little rant for today. and i have again convinced myself to go back to just about all raw (ive been about 50 50 recently) i was talking to a co worker today and she was talking about how she doesnt eat carbs. i told her how i dont eat meat, dairy or eggs. and after i thought i dont really eat carbs either. i dont really see bread as a sustainable food source anymore... i cant wait to go foodshopping and get all my produce! also i think im gonna order some raw oats (cause i love oats even though i hate carbs) and that thing u use to make squashgetti online. well im going to bed now cause my stomaches getting worse DAMN YOU COOKED FOOOOOOODDDD!
peace
leibe
paix
-alex

Date: June 23, 2007 06:41AM

hey there....well i am sorry your tummy is upset from the food...you will feel better soon...just get right back up there on the horse and you will be great!!!! you are doing awesome...OH i wanted to let you know that the raw tomatoes have less nutriontal value of the lycopene..but only by a smidge actually..and since you eat more tomatoes raw then most cooked...you are still better off cuz when you cook them you are still killing off the tons of nutrients in them just not lycopene..so it's not worth the tiny amount difference..
good luck to you i know you can do this!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 27, 2007 03:06AM

havent written in a while as usual! ive decided im gonna try "natural hygiene" for a little bit aka im not using shampoo. also i have @ least 1 completely raw meal a day sometimes 2 (breakfast is ALWAYS liquid soy protein!...so its not raw) i have ALOT of this soy protein stuff but maybe ill start having it every other day. and anyone know how to make raw rubarb? cause i think i made it but ive never had it cooked so idk how its supposed to taste? i soaked it over night and then mixed it around with agave. maybe ill have that 2morro instead of my soy shake. alright now i have to go make my breakfast for 2morro!
peace
paix
liebe
-alex

Date: June 27, 2007 03:07AM

oh yea thanks ea! i like raw tomatoes better so im happy theyre ACCUALLY BETTER 4 u :-D

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 27, 2007 04:17AM

Rhubarb..well you eat the stalk, it's usually red in colour. My grandmother used to make rhubarb pie which I never cared for. She made the best raspberry jam though. I still love raspberries, raw of course..the best way to eat them.

"Oxalates are contained in all parts of rhubarb plants, especially in the green leaves. There is some evidence that anthraquinone glycosides are also present and may be partly responsible. It is not clear as to the exact source of poisoning from rhubarb, possibly a result of both compounds. The stalks contain low levels of oxalates, so this does not cause problems."

"Rhubarb stalks grow in a spectrum of colors from red to green. In between colors are often called pink or speckled."

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 27, 2007 05:24AM

you still havent told me what yer listening too inthat picture hehe tongue sticking out smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: June 27, 2007 07:37AM

hey there..well glad to hear from you and that you are on a healthy tract no matter whcih one it is you choose!!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: July 07, 2007 09:19PM

hey everyone ive been gone fore a while! or @ least it feels like a while! ive been yo-yoing recently, im now back to 100% vegan and trying to be as raw as possible as usual :-P ill probably write more later
peace
liebe
paix
-alex
oh yea i have no idea what song i was listening to in my pic hahah its from a while ago....i should get a new 1 :-P

Date: August 27, 2007 06:18AM

hey there i like the new pic it is cute!! glad you are back into the raw life haha...keep up the good work!! your posts always brighten my day...or i should say your new diary you start haha!!! keep up the awesomeness
take care!!
lots of love
earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables