Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 20 of 21
Re: needing a fresh start
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 20, 2009 08:21PM

ok Pam smiling smiley , i saw an interesting quote today it said (and reminded me lol)

"Be carefull not to slit your own throat with your sharp Tongue"

it made me think about what you said about choosing our words smiling smiley

the yard sale and ebay is a great idea smiling smiley maybe you can buy some really cool raw equipment with the profits ! smiling smiley you deserve it !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pampam ()
Date: May 22, 2009 01:42PM

ooooouuuuuuuuuuccccccccch thats a (bad) good one Jody

Still doing good on raw and went shopping watermellons are all around and I found some great mangos and avacados. Going to the ocean this weekend to fly a kite.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: June 09, 2009 02:06AM

Hey Pam!
How was the ocean? Did you get to fly your kite? Happy watermelon season.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: June 19, 2009 09:40PM

hi hun just wondering how yer doing smiling smiley

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 23, 2009 04:01AM

Yes, where have you gone Pam? I hope all is well with you and family.

Let us know how you are doing..we understand the ups and downs.

How's the weather up there now that it's actually summer? It's starting to get clearer here, without so much June Gloom going on..finally.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: June 25, 2009 04:09PM

Hi Pam! How's it going? We have had almost a full month of 'June gloom' (good description, Prism!) here in Cambridge, and finally today it's sunny and warm. Can't wait for some real summer weather, where we can actually get out and work on a getting a little color back into our skin.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: September 10, 2009 09:12PM

I have not posted her due to the fact I fell of the raw boat during my vacation. I started emotional eating and spiraled down from there.
So hear I am starting over once again on this raw food journey.
I have been reaping the benifits of eating cooked foods which is as follows:
weight gain
mood swings
emotional rollercoaster
body odor
lack of energy
memory loss
anger
depression
youthfull look gone
wrinkles came back
antisocial
will to live gone
unhappy

When i eat raw foods I begin to feel so positive and happy but its more than that I know its the way I should be but when I feel better I begin to forget just how crappy I felt and then I take that fatefull bite of cooked foods and its down hill from there. I have no will the craveing takes over and I eat anything and everything
Its so frusterateing
I can't let this get the best of me I feel its the right way to be to eat goon energetic foods that make me feel so good.
One thing I have learned though is God still loves me no matter what I eat.

We are electric beings charged by the raw foods we eat lit up and alive by the wheat grass or carrot juice or green smoothie. Any other foods are only going to slow the body down.

Its not just a matter of discipline

I have missed you all as well
Hi Prisim, Jodi, kwan, wheat grass yogi and all others.
I am back.

Date: September 12, 2009 03:22PM

I am in day three of eating raw
The first day I ate only fruit and felt great to have made this decision.
Yesterday I went to the fair and was tempted with all the fair foods but each time I wanted to eat the cooked foods I was reminded of my goal towards good health and happiness.
In the evening I made a smoothie with young coconut,frozen banana and collards. It was so good.
I still drink coffee but I think that will change after a while of eating raw foods.
The sun has come out this weekend and I have plans with the family. I will start college in a week and a new job so things are looking promising in that respect for me. I still don't know just what I will go to college to be I will simply take classes and hope to find that focus of study by next quarter but right now I am happy to have made this positive move in my life.

Date: September 12, 2009 04:15PM

Yay Pam ! yer back smiling smiley been wondering how your summer was going smiling smiley well sounds like you learned ALOT about yourself .. what a great thing indeed smiling smiley

Cool about college ! what classes are you starting with? and congrats on the new job ! smiling smiley

Im thinking i might go back after christmas .. i need to see what i can swing with student loans etc smiling smiley

Date: September 13, 2009 02:38AM

Welcome back Pam!! I can relate to all you posted about falling off the raw chuck wagon..and it happens so easily.

You are back now, looks like you have some new things to look forward to which helps with motivation. You can do this..just one step at a time. That is what I'm doing..one step at a time. But it still feels like a Marathon everyday! The ups and downs have been large lately and continue.

Love,
Prism

Date: September 13, 2009 05:47AM

The day was real nice, I had to go to the store to get some more fruit because I ate most of it the first day. I got some peaches,nectorines plums, two more young coconut lots of bananas and more collards. I will have to start juicing though and feel I should eat more greens. The greens stay with me more. One day at a time though and I just have to realize I cant allow that cooked food no matter what. I am trying thank positivly and be grateful.

Good to hear from you Prisim and Jodi.

I will be taking a writeing 103 and psychology class with a small 2 credit class to make it a whole 12 credits. I am most nervous about the writing class. Its been a while since I have been to school.

The job will be tutoring children to read. I am excited about that.

I hope this will bring mor direction and hope for me.

I ate only fruit this day I feel I did good even while the family ate I sat with them and ate a peach and didnt feel uncomfortable about it.

Date: September 13, 2009 06:00AM

wowza very cool Pam smiling smiley the job sounds like it will be very rewarding smiling smiley

remember just a year or so a go that horrible job you had working with donuts ?! youre coming a long ways baby smiling smiley i hope you give yourself a pat on the back , you so deserve it smiling smiley

Date: September 14, 2009 03:59AM

Teaching kids to read..wow, that is pretty cool. I also know I have to have the green smoothies or I can get too hungry.

I keep thinking about the Nettles thing with you..are you eating those any longer?

Love,
Prism

Date: September 14, 2009 04:26AM

Hey ther you two, I made it through another day but I really had a hard time later in the day and started feeling antsy and wanting to eat for no reason at all. I made a cup of coffee and that seemed to simmer down that feeling Perhaps it is my coffee addiction? Who knows. I just felt really out of sorts today I just couldnt get started on anything and was feeling kind of like I was inside out or running on a hamster wheel going nowhere.
Todays food
morning
peaches and a banana
Noon
more peaches and grapes and a banana
afternoon
tomato's cucumber with some braggs salad dressing
I did have coffee as well

I am going to have to get juicing I know I will feel better with that I keep saying I am going to pick some weeds but havent gotten outside to do it.

The job is a work study job with the college I filled out financial aid forms last spring and they have offered some work study jobs.

The nettles are kind of finished growing this year they go to seed and get old and to tough to eat now. I see some weed called plantain and plan to pick some but keep putting it off. I have read that the weeds have just about as much phyto nutrients as wheat grass.

I farm not to far from my house as they have been advertiseing their produce they are just starting out and have been haveing trouble because the local elk have been grazing on their hard work so they has very little to sell. The owner seemed discouraged I am thinking perhaps I could help her somehow. My garden did not fare well because of the horse. My fence was not good enough and she found a way to get in and eat most of it the rest she just messed up. She was able to reach her head over the vence and eat all of the peas and green beans. I will build a better fence for next year and plann better for the garden. Its a lot of work but the little bit I did get to eat was very tasty. I had a small harvest of brocolli and some tomatoes. I grew turnups but didnt know what to do with them I had lots of zucinni though.

Date: September 16, 2009 05:14PM

I am doing well eating raw foods, I made some hemp milk yesterday and that was a nice change I am feeling better but a little tired at times. It seems my thinking is getting clearor and I don't feel hot flashes in the night time like I did. I would wake up and the pillow would be wet from persperation but now it is better.
I have been reading about metiphysical stuff and am learning some different spiritual views. It seems like some information just falls my way, for example the thought that our bodies are electric and the live foods will feed our bodies better than the dead foods. So I had an e-mail where someone was explaining this to me, then I was sriving the car and turned on the radio and what is that person explaining but the way our heart, brain and spine are electric. I am looking up other things and it keeps comming up how our bodies are electric. This happens with other things as well so I guess I need to understand this. Thank God. I came across a good site that has so much interviews from many folk its overwhelming but wonderfull just how much information is out there but we will find the information we need it will just fall on our laps at the time we need it.
I found this on u-tube [www.youtube.com] very simple but profound and it goes hand in hand with this speaker [www.consciousmedianetwork.com]

Life is good
next week I start the school I had to change one class already I can't wait till I start the job
love Pam

Date: September 17, 2009 02:24AM

Hi Pam,

Glad today was easier for you. Your horse must be very healthy! Just do what you can do, and in time it gets easier. It is hard when you get that all pent up energy feeling. Sometimes it's my mind overworking and my body is soooo tired.

Eat well, eat lots of greens, less fruits and have a more balanced day perhaps.

Love,
Prism

Date: September 18, 2009 03:01AM

today I feel awful I just want to sleap and flop around the house. I did't feel motivated to do anything.
I am still eating mostly fruit I found a couple of crook neck squash in my garden and ate them for dinner and had some grapes.
I feel like I have ten pound bags under my eyes and still want to sleap
I am thinking this may be a sort of detox
not much else to say tonight it was a beautiful day though

Date: September 19, 2009 04:03AM

Yes, yes..yes..detox for sure Pam! Get thru it, then feel better, then it may hit again..as you go along..it's step by step, inch by inch..remember that 3 stooges skit..very funny.

My ear is still somewhat plugged after 2 months of some detoxing..and I use my waterpik with some hydrogen peroxide to clean it out..yes I do! At first there is a certain spot in there that itched like crazy and the water pik felt so good, and now there is only the smallest itch, but in same spot..so infection or scratch, or something that got in there?

I had some weird noise last night with that side of my ear and inside my head..yes I did..it was like a bug sound..maybe I got a parasite in there from something..it is freaky and I hope to never hear it again, and if I do..I don't know what to do yet about it. I'm doing the parasite cleanse already..maybe inhale some type of oil for the brain, eat some oats they say is the best food for our brains. I use peppermint essential oil around the house and kitchen to clean with and I breath that in lately..it keeps the ants out..they hate the stuff.

Love,
Prism

Date: September 21, 2009 05:28AM

still going strong and eating raw foods. This weekend there were birthday parties with cake but I ate fruit I was tempted to take a bite but was able to remind myself not to.
I have been rather grumpy still and have been feeling kind of air heady lately. I have been tired also. I am still drinking the coffee but I may have to give it up because I think that the coffee is not doing me well any longer. I don't know just how I am going to quit coffee but I am drinking far less than I usually drink. I am kind of loseing my taste for it but I feel lost without it in the mornings its kind of like a morning ritiual to drink a cup.
I did a little more walking this weekend and realize I sure need more exersize. I am hopeing when I start my job and school to be able to start some sort of exersize system It sure would do me some good.
I found some greens in my garden that the horse did'nt get so I made a yummy salad. The problem I have is I have so many teeth missing that I don't think I am chewing enough I might have to start the green smoothies they really made me feel good but I kind of got burned out of them. I sure didnt get burned out of eating tost and other cooked foods I just eventually got sick but still crave it. Why am I getting burned out on green smoothies? Perhaps I just need to get use to them as my bread for life so to speak

I am so sick of all the additives in the food system all those things that make you want more, for so long I thought it was me who had no control but I am finding out its the food industry who adds flavor inhansors or other stuff to the food and thus we crave for more and for me I got fat and sick from it. The food is makeing everyone else sick but everyone just thinks all is well We3 got to wake up and realize whats going on right???

I am tired and going to bed now night all
love pam

Date: September 22, 2009 01:49PM

I did'nt eat so much yesterday and was very hungry at night but I went to bed hungry. Last night I watched a show which was about some native tribe in Africa It was so interesting to see what they ate and how healthy they looked. They still ate meat but really very little and when they heated their food it was rolled around in the ashes and cooked for a short time. They ate bugs, animals and vegitation. These people looked happy and were very in tune to their world and were spiritual as well. There were some touching scenes when the tribe was doing a spiritual dance and the men went into trances. These people really ate very little food in comparison to what we eat and still were very healthy.

I sometimes find myself getting concerned because I don't eat enough but in comparison to those people perhaps I still eat to much.

Someone told me to follow the god within myself concerning the diet changes I am making. Its hard to listen within and follow my insticts because I never did that so it is real odd.

I am not feeling so grumpy lately I think the grumpy feeling was detox for sure but during that time I had a hard time being positive in my thinking and practicing kindness. I just wanted to snap at people but I did'nt so I guess that is progress. I feel a little more clear headed this morning I hate that airhead feeling I get sometimes. At times I feel a bit crazy in my thinking and just don't want to be around people. I am contemplating getting some colonics especially during these times to help the process a bit.

Doing good still I hope this time I will continue this eating so reap the benifitts.

Another thing I have noticed is I am sleaping better

Love
Pam

Posted by: Arrow ()
Date: September 22, 2009 08:32PM

well done, Pam, keep it up. Interesting on the tribe! I wish we lived in natural little communities like that.

Arrow xxx

Date: September 24, 2009 03:16AM

Hi Pam,

You sound like you are doing much better and we learn so much about our bodies in the process of when we take charge of them. I like to view other cultures too around the world and I also think we often do eat too much and that we think it all has to be balanced the same day, when over a week or a month it may be better to calculate the balance in nutrition..heck maybe even seasonal.

I'm feeling more clear headed also, since my ear seems to be more open. I have used the water pik a few times in getting it cleaned out and I really liked the itchy feeling it had in a particular spot that you'd never know you had except for using the water pik..it just seemed so right to use it. Warm water with some hydrogen peroxide and on a setting that is gentle but strong enough to where it felt just right.

I'm thinking of giving a neti pot a try..even though I've used warm water to stream into my nasal passageways sometimes..I have never used one of those before.

Do try the colonics..I really liked the ones I did. I should do the home enemas again especially now that I am on maintenance portion of the parasite cleanse. I have been using the magnesium oxide in evenings and that helps out with morning bowel movements. I get very needy for the citrus juices when I do that..if I don't take lots of Vit C.

Love,
Prism

Date: September 25, 2009 01:11AM

I started my job yesterday and killed my computer but found one at a yard sale that works now but everything is different. I love the job I can't wait till I start tutoring children I go to my first class tonight. Lots of changes

jThe family went through a stomach flu with puking and the works. I felt kind of dizzy yesterday and a little nausious but am feeling o.k. it seems the sickness has went its course in the family as well. I keep hearing things about the swine flu but I would never want to have my family take that flu shot it just seems wrong. Two of the pregnant women were talking about taking the shot and one said she felt sick after being vacinated. I am thinking its a big experiment on the human body.

I am doing good in my eating I have been having some carrot juice and eating verious fruits. I will start making green smoothies soon because I just cant chew my food as well as I should and after eating a salad I feel my stomach hurts. I am feeling like I am standing with a better posture it seems to happen when going raw my back wants to streatch up or something I don't know why that happens but at first I thought it was because of less food in the stomach area but I am thinking there is more to it than that. Someone told me of how electric our bodies are and I am thinking that eating raw foods helps with the electric current to flow better throughout the body. Just a thought overall I feel much better. I am feeling more confident in this way of eating. When I bounce back and fourth eating raw and cooked I feel real bad like I have failed in the goal I have set for my life, its also very hard to get back to raw when I am binging on god knows what any how I am trying to use positive afermations to concure the cravings and sometimes desires to eat those other foods. I am learning.

Date: September 28, 2009 02:51AM

This Sunday i made attempts to clean the house The house looks wors than when I started because I was deep cleaning and now I am tired.
I have not eaten very well today and am feeling very hungry and its dark so I don't want to eat now. I will have to start applying myself and making some special foods like smoothies and juices. I talked to the colon thearpist today and she wants me to try some special water for a couple of weeks before I start the colon cleansing I will try it. I have not looked into the type of water I drink I usually eat juicy fruits rather than drink water but I notice the bottled water really has a taste and my tap water is from a comunity well and it does have some chemicals put into it. She gave me a web site to look into it. I am still eating raw foods yet drinking coffee with milk. I am on the edge of deciding to take the coffee out of my diet because last night I tossed and turned all night due to drinking one cup of coffee. The coffee is interferring with my life now and I will have to make that move to get it out of my life.
I am feeling real good about deciding to eat all raw.
Pam

Date: October 02, 2009 09:10PM

How are you doing Pam? The weather must be cooling off for you all up there.

It's cool today here too..after yesterdays desert winds..so I'm enjoying it. I have the chattiest bird I've ever heard in my back trees lately..I wonder if she is trying to gather or find all her baby birds that went into their own trees..but she sure has a lot to chat about! Her chirping is very pretty but reminds me of Asian or Spanish speaking women that can go a mile a minute with their chatting.

Love,
Prism

Date: May 29, 2010 03:51PM

I'm back.
I have been raw for about three weeks now and am feeling much better. I hope to maintain my diet much better now and think I have matured in my thinking. I have been eating green smoothies and juicing and salads. I have been trying to eat less fruit and nuts and mort green foods.
One real cool thing is I was given a brand spankin new vita mix and its so fun to use. I just love it.

Date: May 30, 2010 03:21AM

Welcome back, we missed you.
I do little updates sometimes on my raw diary...but I'm so busy trying to just survive for now.

I'm glad you are doing well..the summmer is always much easier to do more raw foods, even here in SoCal.

Take care Pam
Love,
Prism

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: May 31, 2010 12:11PM

Glad to have you back, Pampam. It's always delightful to read your posts.

Mona
padremickey.blogspot.com

Humility is our acceptance of ourselves.

I can find on the outside only what I possess on the inside.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2010 12:12PM by Mona.

Date: May 31, 2010 04:28PM

welcome back Pam ! missed ya around here smiling smiley

Date: February 12, 2011 01:30AM

I am still here although I have not written on my diary for a very long time. I still am sitting on the edge of hope waiting to take that plung into a rawsome life. What a difference it is to eat raw foods but I got so tired of the yo yoing I was doing so I just gave up and now I am feeling so very unhealthy. I have very little energy and my body is so tired of the abuse I am putting it through.
I keep reading of other raw fooders and finding there are so many confusing differences so it gets confusing and sometimes someone comes up with a frightening issue here and there but over all I feel that eating the cooked american diet is more devestating for my body. Then another mistake I make is I start feeling good and want to share my diet with others but that always backfires and I end up having people distance themselves from me because its so different to just eat raw vegetables.
One thing I wonder is just how to go about the change. I did it before and really felt a success so I know I can do it. I think lthe one thing with change is to make that line and that ultimate decision to do it and perhaps to write down my goals and what I want to achieve by eating raw foods. over all I wake every morning wanting to make the change and go to bed every night chastiseing myself for not. I am tired of this scenerio so I guess I just got to take the step and do something. I am thinking of starting up this diary to mark the night I am making the choice.
One thing I have been doing is makeing myself rrealize how I feel about the foods I have been eating. Trying to be aware of the ingredients and also how the food make me feel. I have been forcing myself to watch the processing plants and just how our food is processed. It is very difficult to look at a plate of food and identify exactly what it is. for example, the salad might be iceburg with some dressing and just what is the dressing? we have become so distanced from the process. It is helping but I just have to eat something but i have gotten to the poing that the food I do eat makes me feel sick and just to look at it makes me not want to eat it.
I will take that dive and make some juices and green smoothies. This is the best time for change. I am looking forward to it and kind of getting excited.

Current Page: 20 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables