Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 11 of 11
Re: Trying again - to help with Type 1 Diabetes
Posted by: karennd ()
Date: November 20, 2007 03:20PM

Camille, you are right. We just want the best for our son.

Your book sounds awesome! I bet it will be a best seller. Do you have an agent or publisher yet? The reason I ask is that my husband has written a science fiction book and he is hunting for an agent.

Thanks, Pam, that is so nice of you to say. My 'words of wisdom', such as they are ;-) are now at [healingtype1diabetes.typepad.com].

I hope you both are doing great!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: November 20, 2007 07:23PM

hey karen! great to see you here again!

no, i dont have anyone yet. my brother is a published author though and i am going to try to get his agent to read my book.

writing is the only half the battle. the hardest part is getting someone who can help you to read what you write.

my brother got lucky. he entered a contest with an excert from his book. he lost, but one of the judges called him and asked if she could read the rest of his book. he gave it to her and the next thing he knew he was contacted by a publisher. it turned out to be one of the same publishers he had sent the same book to before. they apparently did not even look at it when he sent it himself. but when this lady gave it to them, they read it, loved it, published it.

Date: November 27, 2007 07:40PM

That is a great story, Camille! I forwarded that on to my husband so he can keep an eye out for any contests. :-)

I finally started using my saladacco and it makes yummy pasta out of zucchini or yellow squash and I made some yummy sauce to put on it. It is so easy and really takes care of those pasta cravings. I highly recommend it!

[www.healingtype1diabetes.typepad.com]

Date: December 13, 2007 03:53PM

Hi, everyone! I hope you all are enjoying raw foods as much as I am! I am still blogging away and recently I went to a talk by Tonya Zavasta and really enjoyed it. She was very entertaining and I learned a lot. I will blog about it in a few days. She calls it the Rawsome Diet - I like that!

Her website is at [www.beautifulonraw.com].

You know, once you get experience at eating this way there is so much variety that it is hard to choose what to eat each day. I am still loving the raw pasta and sauce. I am going to make some kind of raw dessert for a little party tomorrow.

Have a rawsome day!

Karen DeVeaux

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: December 31, 2007 01:15PM

hi karen! good to hear from you.

i have stopped posting full stop. but i do like to lurk. winking smiley

thanks for the links i will check them out. glad you are still thriving on raw. i am doing better than ever as well.

love to you!

Date: January 03, 2008 06:50PM

Good to hear from you, Camille! Yes, I am still enjoying the Rawsome Diet although I did cheat and drink a little wine over the holidays. We won some private label cranberry wine at a party and I eventually drank it all gone. My husband doesn't drink so it was up to me. :-)

I'm glad you are doing well.

Karen DeVeaux

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2008 06:51PM by karennd.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 05, 2008 06:55AM

I wonder how that cranberry wine would taste in a fruit smoothie..probably pretty tasty!

Happy New Year Karen!

Love,
Prism

Current Page: 11 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables