Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Three days raw!
Posted by: Lauralai ()
Date: July 03, 2007 02:22AM

I know it's not much but I'm just surprised. I really had a goal of 80% raw, but so far, I just don't want to eat cooked. Now that isn't to say I'm not overeating, I feel I definately ate too much today. But I am 5 1/2 months pregnant so I guess it's ok once in a while, but I don't want to end up as big as a house!

This whole raw thing started about 2 months ago when my digestive disturbances like terrible inflamation in my GI tract and severe constipation got intolerable. I mean some days I couldn't even walk because the inflamation was so painful. Laxatives and enemas wouldn't even work on me! I was eating like 50-60 grams of fiber a day. Yes I know pregnancy exacberates constipation but this was ridiculous.

So I decided I was gluten intolerant, so I cut out gluten immediately. But it only relieved my symptoms slightly. Although slightly was better than nothing. I started keeping a food journal about how everything, even water, affected me. It was clear to me by the second day that the only thing I could eat without a reaction was raw fruits and veg. So for about 2 weeks I just ate fruit and smoothies with like brown rice and tofu for dinner. I wasn't trying to be raw. Even the brown rice sent me to bed in pain.

So after searching the internet and reading all this info on raw, I just knew it was for me. So I stocked up the fridge and wrote down some recipes and off I went. When my hubby wants dinner I literally feel nauseated just cooking a veggie stir fry. I am really tuned in to the fact that it's killing the food.

Wow, this baby growing inside me sure is demanding some needed changes around here! Mmmm, I wonder what tomorrow will be like!

Lauralai

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Three days raw!
Posted by: pampam ()
Date: July 03, 2007 06:29AM

congrats on the raw foods. Eat some sprouted seasame seed milk. and watch the calcium for your teeth because the baby will draw on your reserves of calcium. I have been raw for almost two weeks and love it. This is a good place with lots of great people.
pam

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: July 03, 2007 03:25PM

Wow, that is an awesome story! Your baby is demanding raw living foods from the womb. That is very inspiring and it is great that you were so tuned in that you figured it out. A lot of people would not have figured it out and would be living on pepto bismol or something. Congrats to you. You can already tell that you are going to be an wonderful mother!

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: July 03, 2007 04:26PM

Hey there hun...congrats on that little baby in there smiling smiley....they sure are demanding huh?? wanting all this healthy raw living food!! that is awesome....they will be ready for the world when born an dyou will be sooooo healthy and glowing x's 2 haha(pregnancy glow and raw glow )
keep up the good work and take care of yourself
love earthangel
xoxooxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: July 04, 2007 12:14PM

I wanted to post my smoothie experience from yesterday. It was very simple

1 cup raw nut mylk
1 frozen banana
1 frozen peach
scoop of cacao nibs
a few ice cubes

Oh my Gosh!!! As I was drinking this down, I swear I was filled with this sensation of pure love, or joy, I'm not even sure what it was. It was amazing!!!
It also kept me going the rest of the day. I didn't even need dinner.

WOW!!!

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: July 04, 2007 12:50PM

thats incredible! i have to try this smoothie. congratulations.

Date: July 04, 2007 04:21PM

How cool, I am curious on how it is when you drink wheat grass juice and being pregnant. I wish I ate raw food when I was pregnant.
Pam

Date: July 05, 2007 12:23PM

Thanks for all the support guys! Just wanted to share another smoothie experience. Yesterday I made my nut mylk, banana, peach smoothie (ran out of cacao) and offered some to my 8 month old son, and WOW! I have never seen him go for anything like that! He is (unfortunately) formula fed and just now going on solids. He eats the babyfood fruits ok but it's a one day he likes one day he doesn't, you never know if he'll cooperate or not. But you should have seen this! He couldn't get it in his mouth fast enough and he ate, or should I say sipped from a spoon, over 4 ounces which is more solid food than he's ever eaten in one sitting. I think he would have eaten twice as much if there had been anymore. Oh, and then he was in such a good mood that he played for like 3 hours and I could not get him to go to sleep until 10pm! And it wasn't a sugar high trust me, that formula he drinks is full of corn syrup and it doesn't energize him the way this did. So, he's gonna go raw right along with me. Tomorrow I get my juicer delivered so that will be a huge help in making stuff smooth enough for him.

Hopefully with all the green drinks I'm going to drink during my current pregnancy, my milk will come in properly this time. The first two only got breast milk for about 3 weeks and then it just wouldn't come in anymore. 3rd times a charm!!

Lauralai

Date: July 05, 2007 07:23PM

Do you buy the raw nut mylk or make it?

Date: July 05, 2007 08:37PM

I make the almond mylk and it is delish!

1/2 cup of soaked almonds
1/2 cup pitted dates
tsp vanilla
pinch of sea salt
5 cups purified water

I mix it all up in my vitamix, a regular blender would probably work, and wallah! It's so foamy and yummy that I have to have a cup of it right there. I think though if hubby ever wants to go for some that I will strain it because it is pretty gritty but I don't mind that. I think too that I will try a batch with raw agave instead of dates just to cut the sugar. Someday if I can afford vanilla bean I will use that instead of extract.

U gotta try it!
Lauralai

Date: July 09, 2007 03:59PM

Thanks for the recipe, Lauralai!

Date: July 09, 2007 10:10PM

keep it up, sounds like you are doing real great. I wish I had a vits mix. I have a juicer though and a blender. Have you tried wheat grass juice yet?

Date: July 12, 2007 02:02PM

Nope haven't tried wheatgrass yet. I'm getting such strong reactions just from spinach juice and other mild greens like celery juice that I'm going to hold off on the wheatgrass. I don't want a real strong detox while I'm preggo. I've had 5 surgeries in the last 5 years, plus one coming this November (c-section) so I know there are alot of toxins in my organs and tissues. Someday I will get back to wheatgrass every morning like I used to do when I was in my 20's, sigh!

Lauralai

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: August 27, 2007 07:03AM

Hey there how are things going for you?? i hope all is well with everything in life!! how is the pregnancy going??? congrats on doing so well and keeping your body so healthy and in tip top shape!! you are such a good mommie smiling smiley
take care
lots of love
lots of good energy your way
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables