Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

who holds your hand...
Posted by: Meleakua ()
Date: August 01, 2007 05:35AM

The title of this post is the lyrics to a Patty Larkin song that I had in my head earlier and just came on my computer wirh 4476 songs in it, on shuffle...

I feel the need to connect lately. I think it is exactly what I am missing in my life and why after nine years I am still floating on an island of isolation and tomfoolery when it comes to my lifestyle and what I am using to nourish my body . I mean, surely I know better. Right?

So I went raw practically overnight back in 1999 (gonna party like it.s...) after reading an interview with juliano in spin magazine. i worked at wild oats and somehow ended up drinking fresh veggie juice and eating apples
and then moving to puerto rico to work with the family at the awi

and then i came back to colorado

and was living with my parents and it was a little harder to keep things up and it slowly slipped to the wayside

and travel and school and school and confusion

and then working at a cleansing/fasting retreat in alabama with weekly raw food dinners hosted by us and all the colonics a colon can handle

and then swingeth the pendulum backeth west...

and here i am... we are... back to the place where it all began (well not the very beginning but close enough)

sense>ing a new beginning right in front of my eyes

i just have to >O| >P| >E| >N| them.....

how is it even physically|metaphorically possible to stand in one's own way for that long? didn't my legs get tired?> guess they're getting tired now... or maybe just stronger.

i have this crazy puzzle-vision of cOMmunity living|Dancing with the Land fruit and sunlight and gardens and trees families and rich, dark soil and waterfalls...

I just feel a sense of exigence. Nothing new. It's the same old urgency that I've felt from the very first moment of awakening. Time to pull out all the old lightsabers in the arsenal and to start cutting away the cobwebs that have been entangling me. It's time to begin. Again.
-:.,_,.:-'``'-:.,_,.:-'``'-:.,_,.:-'``'-:.,_,.:-'``'-:.,_,.:-'``'-:.,_,.:-'``'-:.,_,.:-'``'-:.,_,.:-'``'-:.,_,.:-'``'-:.,_,.:-'``'-:.,_,.:-'``'-:.,_,.:-'``'

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: who holds your hand...
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 01, 2007 07:23AM

hmmm..
lightsabers, huh?

if your hands are open
they will continue to be held

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: August 01, 2007 03:13PM

I am anxious to see you progress into that free bird.................smiling smiley

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: August 02, 2007 03:00PM

I love your writing style. I bet you write good stories and poems...

Posted by: Meleakua ()
Date: August 08, 2007 08:26AM

Thanks for the replies! It's nice to know there is support out there!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 18, 2007 02:59PM

hows it going
star slide swing dreamer?

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: August 27, 2007 06:07AM

hey there..welcome to the forum!! how are you doing?? i hope all is well in your continued journey of raw life!!! it is a wonderful journey that never ends...(it may have many many twists and turns and side trails that dead end and lead you back to the main path) but never ends smiling smiley....i hope all is well in your world..please let us know how things are going!!
many blessings
lots of love
earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables