Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Diary Day 1 (aug.7)
Posted by: bluelight ()
Date: August 08, 2007 06:23AM

So I hope this is how to post. I joined the Raw food challenge on here and failed in a day lol, so I figured I'd stick to my own here and just make a dairy, no promises to others yet a/b sticking to it, though I am trying hard. I would like to be RAW for at least 1 month to feel a little better. I am 5"3 and 145 lbs. my largest weight ever, so I'm hoping to at least get back to my old highest weight in a month or 2 which is 120/125 lbs.
To do this I have decided now no nuts or alvacados which will be hard. I also will document food here just so I can watch exactly how much I eat. I really don't eat much during the day, but at night as I get tired and worries kick in I eat non stop or give up and shove 10 cookies in my mouth in a few minutes. My one vice will be coffee, though I will roast my own and limit to one glass with almond milk, perhaps I will drop it after a few days. Today I did not make it raw but here is what I ate. For the record I am totally against diaries such as this long term. It gets to be too much thinking about weight and food so much I rather focus on other things, but right now this is the fastest way at this point to get me moving again to focus on other things. My body is so out of shape/ mind too I know if I don't focus on losing the weight I will continue to be depressed and get little done anyway. So with that note here it is. Day 1 not Raw but with Raw attempt.
Breakfast:
1/4 a melon
1 latte with soy milk
1 fig

Dinner:
1 cup lettuce and cherry tomatoes
1 cup of fried veggies.
1/2 cup cous cous
1/4 cup mashed sweet potato
3 figs
1 banana
1/2 cup hemp milk
1 carob health bar
12 olives in oil
1/2 slice of whole grain bread

See I eat alot!lol. This is nothing! This is my attempt at a diet. Better luck tomorrow.

Re: Raw Diary Day 1 (aug.7)
Posted by: pampam ()
Date: August 08, 2007 06:45AM

You can do it............

Just keep trying. Are you reading any books? If so what books? Why are you not eating avacados? When I started I ate avacados almost every day and nuts to. I still lost weight. I am sure I would have lost more weight if I did not eat the fats. Now I have been raw for seven weeks and I don't seem to need the avacados that much. I just have not bought much nuts this week so I have not eaten nuts and my teeth hurt so I don't eat them. I think it is such a shock to our system and psychlogicaly difficult of a transition that it is important to just relax and let yourself eat everything you crave. Things will eventually ballance out. Even your weight.
Good luck on your journey

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 08, 2007 06:50AM

i agree yer better off in the long term to use the avos and nuts for now rather then eat the breads, soy milks, cous cous, mashed and fried veggies

(i know thisis just your first day example so please dont think im bein hard on you lol)

a good idea to start with is dont worry so much about what remove from your diet but what you add to it .. the removing comes later when you fine tune things

the thing that will cause you to fail is hunger , dissatisfaction, and lack of energy

avos and nuts arent enemies their great transition foods

smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2007 06:51AM by Jgunn.

Date: August 09, 2007 04:37AM

Hi
Thanks so much for your responses! I was so excited someone commented back. I am not reading any books b/c I am poor right now and I rather spend my $ on vegetables. I have been reading over books in the bookstore and this website for over a year and I have been mostly vegan on and off/ vegetarian, some fish, for 10 years so I have a good idea of what to eat. As far as nuts and avocados. I have eaten alot of them lately and as I mentioned have put on alot of weight in the last 2 years. I always try to eat lots of veggies but what happens is I end up eating tons of nuts and avocados with other veggies during the day, but then I slip up when my boyfriend brings home sandwiches or almost daily makes pizza, or worse orders it and has me hold it in the car! Then at night I end up snacking on cookies and chips until I find I have way over eaten although I did get my veggies early on, but way too much fat. I was reading on here how some people have mentioned to rid of nuts and avocados to lose weight so I figured I'd try to be raw without much new fat since I've already got some stored, but today again proved hard and I ended up eating a bunch of Raw peanut butter and some other non raw stuff, when I started to feel shaky. Maybe I should allow small bits of fat as you suggested before I get to the shakey/faint feeling point. I have noticed though when I eat my meals, just adding more veggie meals I feel healthier already, my skin a little smoother even I think, although I feel somewhat weighted
I also feel an inner energy and crispness I haven't felt in at least over a year.
OK so here is what I ate today:
Breakfast:

*1/4 melon and 1 banana (GREAT combo and melon is cheap if you cut it yourself a new find in all my years)

* soy coffee (starbucks) boo! I know I wanted to at least make organic but I have an excuse I went to make my new organic bag and it was so long since I used my own machine I went to load the espresso and it was full of mold which was actually filling the air with smoke when I went to wash it, so I had to let the machine soak,I have to still figure how to clean out its inside now too.

Lunch:
* 1 cup lettuce with cucumber, cherry tomatoes, peppers
* 1/4 cup oiled tofu

Snack:
*banana
* 7 oiled olives
* 2 figs

Dinner
*2 bananas
* 2 tablespoons of raw peanut putter
* dash of raw honey
* 3 huge leaves of dinosaur kale( this stuff is awesome! I never ate it my entire life. I also mixed all this together and it was really good! Maybe I was just so hungry?)
* sip of funky pomeggrant juice

I know not perfect, but I'm on my way. Besides my coffee maker going sour, my belender which I was given and have never used, but have been basing this entire raw journey around like my golden temple waiting for me in the kitchen, does not work! I bought all this smoothie stuff and I went to make my first smoothie and the thing almost caught on fire! so new blender then I will be ready to rock.

Date: August 09, 2007 04:38AM

I forgot last post DAY 2 aug. 8

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 09, 2007 01:02PM

Just from reading your post, it sounds alot like me when I first went raw. I came to find out it wasn't the avocado and nuts that were putting weight on me...it was the non raw stuff, like the pizza and sandwhiches you mentioned. My downfalls were tortillas, chips, rice and pasta...even just a little at the end of a totally raw day, with otherwise low fat (10-20%). If I'm 100% raw, I can eat avocado and nuts and still lose weight but the minute I introduce anything non-raw into my diet, I gain. So...if you're not going to be 100%, stay away from the fats and try to eat healthy cooked (like steamed veggies), but if you're going to try 100%, allow yourself the raw fats. They are filling and satisfying. A fruit smoothie with some almonds is very filling and holds me to lunch (1/4 - 1/2 almonds, 2 bananas and some berries with 2 c of water). The almonds in with the fruit adds the staying power and I don't get weak or shakey.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: August 27, 2007 06:27AM

hey there hun...well welcome to the forum (better late then never correct smiling smiley )....and congrats on going raw!! you are doing really well!! and don't stress about things stress causes bad hormones in the body like cooked processed junk winking smiley so you have to stress less and eat less cooked too!!!! i know you can do it..you have that determination i can tell from your first post at the begining of the diary!!!
keep up the good work and let us know how you are doing!!
hope all is well
lots of love
earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables