Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 9 of 12
Re: EDs..amongst other things
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 10, 2007 08:49PM

hehe i lovessssssssss the indian food but it doesnt loves me smiling smiley i could power a small fleet of cars on the gas i get .. i dont think they food combine very well lol !!

nice to hear from you rawdancer and good on the eating looks yummy ! keep up the high spirits smiling smiley

julie im so sorry about your mans dad ... my parents are getting to that age too and you'd think with 8 kids in the family someone would help me out with them but aalot of it seems to rest on my for whatever reason im not sure but im thinking of having a little meeting with the bros an sis and giving them an option either the buck up some time or they buck up some $$$ (they are all doing very well financially) so i cna get some help !

good luck on the test though girl !! smiling smiley

Lotus it wont suprise me one bit if you find you are pcos negative .!! good grief if i had a nickle for every misdiagnosia me and people i know experienced we'd be rich !!

yes dear you need to destress ... trying for a baby and stress just dont work smiling smiley you relax you !!! yoga .. tai chi ... meditation .. whatever it takes smiling smiley

im gonna try this for a bit an see what comes of it , not so much for the weight loss although i still gotta couple chunky monkeys to shed lol , but for my odd bits of pain and other issues haha tongue sticking out smiley i'll let you all know if it works or if i end up sending my marbles scattering about the room tongue sticking out smiley

ARTICLE: EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) and weight loss
From the archives of the wonderful healing Emotional Freedom Technique site: www.emofree.com
thought this was kinda nifty if anyone is interested and its free ! lol

New Treatment for Emotional Eating Provides Answer for Unsuccessful Dieters -- Cravings Subside in 80% of Cases

San Francisco, CA (PRWEcool smiley -- Stanford Engineer Gary Craig introduces a new do-it-yourself approach to Acupuncture that helps overweight Americans combat emotional eating. Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) addresses emotional eating at the level of the energy meridian system (or Chi in Chinese Medicine). There is no talk therapy involved, no drugs, no special diets, and it often works when willpower fails.

EFT is modeled after acupuncture but doesn’t use needles. Instead, one simply stimulates certain meridian points by tapping on them with their fingertips. In 80% of the cases immediate food cravings subside in moments. Craig acknowledges, “while this is not yet mainstream thinking, hundreds of doctors, psychiatrists and psychotherapist are using EFT to help their patients change their relationships with food.”

Craig reports, “I see repeatedly that emotional issues like fear, anger, boredom, shame, and resentment are the very centerpiece of someone’s weight gain. But their emotional issues have remained unresolved despite willpower and conventional therapies. This is because their energy meridian system (or Chi in Chinese Medicine) has been disrupted by the emotional issues. Until the energy system is balanced, the emotional eating will continue.”

In his book The Ultimate Weight Solution, Dr. Phil McGraw’s top two “Keys to Permanent Weight Loss” are 1) “Right Thinking” -- change your thinking; and 2) “Healing Feelings.” McGraw offers extensive information and advice for readers to analyze themselves as well as exercises intended to help readers take emotional control of their lives.

Craig agrees that negative thoughts, feelings and emotions are at the core of people’s weight problems. But he maintains, “the energy disruption caused by the unresolved emotional difficulties is the missing link to actually changing your thinking and healing your feelings permanently. When the emotional issues are addressed at the energetic level, the negative thoughts and obsessive behavior regarding food disappears. There is no willpower involved because the trigger emotions have been resolved and the urge to overeat simply disappears ... usually permanently.”

“Unsuccessful dieters fail because they are relying on their willpower to quell the emotional turmoil that is actually lodged in their energy systems”, says Craig. “Exercises like journaling, and meditation are great to help people connect to their emotional pain, but EFT will help people to gently extract their emotional pain from their system.”

Dr. Carol Look, a Manhattan psychotherapist and EFT Master Practitioner specializes in using EFT for weight loss. One client, Ann, reported being overweight her whole life and knew that her weight was contributing to her back pain. While working with Dr. Look, Ann recognized that she was using food to fill the emotional emptiness of her childhood, to tranquilize the pain from her back, and to fill the void of living with an inattentive husband.

After EFT treatment, her emotional drivers were gone and Ann’s natural ability to lose weight surfaced. She lost 25 pounds and reported that her relationship with food changed significantly. Her back pain improved as well. Ann said, “food isn’t as central in my life anymore…I eat moderately and am more conscious of when I’m full and what I need.” She said that using EFT for her pent-up frustrations and emptiness made all the difference in her life to help her stop overeating and care about her body and health.

Over 225,000 people have downloaded Craig’s free EFT training manual from the official EFT website. It provides all the basics so anyone can begin using it immediately.

The EFT Manual can be freely downloaded HERE.

[www.emofree.com]

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: October 11, 2007 04:38AM

Just a quick one here...sorry I've been absent for a while. Looks like I'm heading off to a place in Arizona called Rosewood (my BMI's too low for Mirasol, but I plan to go there from Rosewood ASAP) for treatment. I don't want to go, but my health is at a point where it's now or never, and I can't seem to pull myself out of this hole on my own. Their minimum stay is 30 days, so I figure I can always come home after that. Should be leaving sometime next week (yikes!). If I don't post here again before I leave, I just want to say thank you for all your love and support. Good luck to you all - don't give up! Love you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2007 04:40AM by the enchantress.

Posted by: bracken ()
Date: October 11, 2007 06:13AM

Good you have new doc that is going to monitor you more, that should give you more peace of mind, sounded like you did well with the food yesterday. You do need to make sure though in the long run that you are getting all the nutriants that you need not only to balance them hormones but also for your fertility, its like you said need to find the right balance! I agree with what jodi said about not having the crap food in, it is just temptation.
You say you need to exercise more, how much exercise do you do now? Yoga Trance Dance is good, it is cardio & relaxing, & trampoline is good, especially for you lymphatic system, & of course walking! just need to find something you enjoy, but not to over do it sweetie. Aloe vera good for a grassy stomach & camomile tea/ peppermint/ fennel/slippery elm.

Wishing you all the best Ju XX

Date: October 11, 2007 12:06PM

hey enchantress ! lots of love and luck on your journey will be looking forward to hearing from y;ou when you get back smiling smiley

Posted by: lotusblossom9 ()
Date: October 12, 2007 12:05AM

hi ladies

thank you all so much for the advice. today i ate all raw and feel really good. i got my cycle on Wednesday and it's been really draining...cramps, heavy flow, tiredness. when i was all raw (for 4 months last year) my cycle was not nearly as bad (and i got it naturally--no drugs to bring it on). i think my hormones balance more when i'm all raw. just have to make the commitment to do the best i can and not beat myself up if i slip!

enchantress-
good for you for getting the help that you need. i went inpatient in 2003 and it was one of the best decisions i ever made for myself. best of luck to you.

Date: October 12, 2007 01:54PM

hehe yep lotus this is a no-beat zone ! grinning smiley but there you go .. reduction of pain and elevation of personal comfort and balance is a great goal to have towards going raw smiling smiley

well everyone its friiiiiiiiiiiday finally lol ! whew whatta week i tell ya .. im not much of a morning person at ALL and i find i really have to bite my tongue at times as my fella is a real firecracker in the morning mr.happy and i feel like hauling off an knocking his block off at moments in between shifts of nearly begging him to shuuuuuuuuuut upppppppppp tongue sticking out smiley gee aint i a sweetie tongue sticking out smiley

lol im sure he feels the same way when im all chirpy afterwork and into the night an hes lounging like a slug across the bed moaning something incoherant lol

grinning smiley

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: October 12, 2007 09:09PM

Thank crunchy its friday!!

Had a good day food wise.. although still lost 5lb this week..so..my doctor is going to go mad when I finally get back to him

Anyways

I had

2lb Black grapes

4 satsuma's- wow so sweet and amazing

2 flat mushrooms stuffed/w spinach, garlic, heirloom tomato and ballerino tomato

gosh feels like I ate a TONNE.. I forced myself to eat tonight, I havent had any appetite after 4pm this week, just not felt hungry at all. So tired I feel drained sick and shakey by 6..and usually in bed by 8pm.

Shopping tommorow, made a very elborate list. Going to get tonnes of satsuma's..just what I crave and the black grapes.. and some ingreidents to make a cheesecake- good fats and all that.. lots of uncooking tommorow smiling smiley

xxxx love you all.. xx sorry too tired to read all the above posts but love anyway!!

Date: October 12, 2007 09:31PM

those mmmmmmmmmmushrooms sound divine smiling smiley

whats a satsuma ? dont worry about the weight ..just get your nutrients .. smiling smiley

love seeing your smile hun smiling smiley

sweet dreams an have a good weekend !

Date: October 13, 2007 06:04AM

Nice one rawdancer! Cheese cake sounds good have to give me the recipie. Got results about hormones, they are ok, must be something I'm eating or not eating that is giving me these blooming spots,or stress! Going to start to bring in more raw foods again, mini-detox. I'm having a big sort out of house hold cleaners etc, body deoderants etc full of crap, going to get all natural, mind you have not got much about the house really that is too man made, there must be something that is playing my skin up going to eliminate all of it!, & plastics. Hubby thinks i'm going mental, wel, what do men care anyways?

Entrantress I wish you all the luck & love, be wonderful to here from you when you are back. Be strong, stay strong & keep smiling babes! XXX

Have good weekend all, hubby is giving me driving lesson today, must learn to drive!! then off to buy organic veggies Love Always Ju XXXX

Date: October 13, 2007 08:27PM

satsuma= small sweet thin skinned orange jodi.. its yum.. been eating 4-6 of those. then suddenly..bam full.done.. but satisfied for hours so know they are a good craving right now. Bought 20 today!!

Oooh I am learning to drive too Julie.. I really must make an effort.. with things so busy sometimes its the last thing on your mind!! Hope it went well xx

I made the cheesecake..cant figure out how to post pics..anyone got any idea pls msg me!! haha

Came out fab

Crust

Prunes, pecans

Filling

Cashew cream (used recipe from goneraw)

-- soaked cashew, water

Used 2 banana

vanilla fresh

agave

thickened up lovely, topped with goji berries smiling smiley

Chuffed with it!!.. eaten so much already lol..put it back in the freezer..bf will give me weird looks tommorow when he finds that in the freezer..said to him earlier what did you have for tea.. potnoodle..what did i have.. half a raw-some cheesecake!! haha..

Love

xxxxx

Date: October 14, 2007 06:03AM

The cheese cake sounds so nice, could i bother you with the measurments & the process of making it? be well appreciated!! driving lesson went ok I suppose hubby said I did well, concidering not been in the driving seat for a year since last lesson. Just so much to remember & think about, hows your lessons going? how long have you been having lessons?
brought in some more raw foods yesterday, but upset with my self for giving into some sun dried tomatos in olive oil, was craving my carob seed treats like mad, BUT NOT GIVING IN!, snacked on pumpkin seeds instead.Had lovely raw greens + bar yesterday, I save that as my treat on weekends as it is expensive. Making up raw pea guacamole to put on a little essene bread for lunch, juiced up 2 carrots 2 celery, ginger some spiralina this morning, nice and warming.
Loads to do again today, can't even rest on a sunday, got to visit father in law in hospital, he seemed to look alot better yesterday.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend Love Ju XXXX

Date: October 15, 2007 04:16PM

good monday morning all lol tongue sticking out smiley my weekend kinda sucked i woke up this morning feeling like igot nothing accomplished all weekend lol but today is pay day so iget to go on my fruit/veggie quest at the local stores so that will perk me up winking smiley

Date: October 15, 2007 06:18PM

I been driving a long while Julie..just with life and moving about the country..barely stopped long enough to book my test etc..must do it before xmas!!

Dont know what is wrong with me, suddenly not hungry at all. I ate 2 satsuma, forced myself- that cant be more than 60cal.. and I am not at all hungry, not a bit. I dont know whats wrong, but I am worried.

Trying to rev myself up and eat an avocado or something..

Julie for the cheesecake, take a standard tumbler for measuring

press 1 cup pecans

1/2 cup prunes into a glass dish, cover this and put into fridge with heavy weight on top to push down.

Leave for several hours whilst prep the filling

Cashew cream

1 cup cashew

2 cups water

soak for 2 hours

Blend, add 2 ripe banana, vanilla, 2 tablespoon agave(or more prunes/dates)

Put this into the fridge to thicken up for 1 hour, this will be consistency of double cream.

Pour on top of crust, freeze for 3 hours. slice, serve with more cashew cream and goji berries. I topped mine with goji.. wish I could post the pics!! darn it!!

xxxx

Date: October 15, 2007 07:13PM

Cheers for the recipe rawdancer, i'll give that a go on weekend.
Maybe you are coming down with a bug, or are you particularly worried about something? If you want you appitite to come back, sprouted Alfalfa is goog & spring onions, usually help. I'm sure it will pass, just rest as much s you can at mo. I really want to drive so much, it is really hard to remember everything.
Got bad breakout of spots, which is getting me down, been bringing in more raw, don't no if it is the detox or what? piling on the make up.
Made some raw Almond mlk for tomorrow morning.
Have you been teaching dance lately? Hows the study going?
Have good eve, i'm going to chill now.

Love Ju XXXX

Date: October 15, 2007 07:49PM

Yeah hopefully its just a bug or something.. half the office have been sick all day..so maybe.. something going about.. I felt spaced out today..like head whirring.. everyone was like..ooh low blood sugar..but I felt balanced.. I couldnt eat.. I didnt want sugar, I tried the fruit..

hmm.. I dunno.. I just know I cant afford to drop more without my doctor getting serious concearned.

I am so tired with work right now..its just sleep and work sleep and work!!.. having trouble staying awake now and its not 9..I have to sleep at 9, its like my body says, no more. sleep now. cant stay awake longer than 15 hours it would seem!! ridiculous.. ah well!!

xxx

Date: October 16, 2007 05:47AM

Just take it easy sweetie, remember you are doing well, the floradix will help it is a pick me up. Remember it is all natural! Haave a good day Love Ju XXXX

Date: October 16, 2007 02:03PM

yep take it easy rawdancer ... just experiencing your highs an lows we all got em smiling smiley thanks for the satsumo info .. are they like the little mandarine orangees ?

Julie pimples are a form of detox wether were sad or raw .. so yeah its just gotta run its course ..just use as little clogging makeup as you can as it just stops your skin from breathing

my skins been find for weeks and then suddenly this weekend i got like 6 spots lol .. there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it lol

Date: October 16, 2007 02:46PM

Just been told the same thing by nutritionist, she said yeast showed up in my blood tests, so have to cut sugary food etc which is what I have been doing for the past week, I've been eating more berries, lower in sugar. Been missing my carob like crazy. Got to check suppliments to make sure no more yeasts hanging about. Got to get some milk thisle to help the liver while detoxing. Can't wait until all the rubbish is flushed out then have me cleared skin back. Are You eating 100% raw at mo Jodi? Got to do tea now, raw veggies, homemade baked aduki bean burger first bit of cooked food all day! I wish I could afford a dehydrator to replace cooked burgers.

Take it easy all Love Ju XXXX

Date: October 16, 2007 02:55PM

Julie ive been reading up alot lately on the yeasty thing and one of the common threads seems to be the reduction of excessive fats seems help with candida an yeast

yes now about 6.5 - 7 months hehe .. i just quietly slipped into 100% as i seem to fall flat on my face whenever i make a big fanfare deal out of something i seem to have this self distruct thing going on tongue sticking out smiley

honestly though i started this back in 2002 so ive been transitioning up and down and left and right and all over the place for the better part of 5 years lol smiling smiley

my first attempt at going 100% raw back in 2002 .. i quit smoking, drugs, booze, bought a fridge full of fruit and veggies (that mostly rotted lol) , bought a juicer , dehydrator, blender (which sat in the cupboard till recently for the better part of 5 years lol) and fell flat on my fanny less then a week later ..boy did i get sick from all that detox i was wiped out for months haha

after that i chose the approach of small attainable goals winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2007 02:59PM by Jgunn.

Date: October 16, 2007 06:06PM

Yeah yeah Jodi, just like mandarin oranges

I have felt soo weird today, again no hunger. Had 1 satsuma.. n that was it.. I made avacado and lettuce wraps..trying to coax myself.. and put some cheesecake out with goji and cashew cream..maybe when its softened I will eat a little

I hate feeling like this sad smiley I went and cried in the loos..tried to pull myself together!!

xxxx

Date: October 16, 2007 06:17PM

hey rawdancer have you identified what it is exactly thats making you sad ? work , school , relationship?

sometimes you have to cut things loose that just arent working anymore .. regardless of wether the pay is good ...or you think that you need to live up to someone elses scholastic ideals ..or ??

Date: October 16, 2007 07:07PM

Keep your chin up rawdancer, you seem to get quite emotional easy, did you say you had trouble with your hormones? and that you was put on hormone meds at young age? maybe you feeling so sad etc could be to do with your hormones.
You are doing well rawdancer, I can see all the good intentions are there to eat, just go with it for a while, & try and have a little of your lovely cheese cake if you feel like it. i Know you don't have an appitite but you do need to keep you strength up, otherwise you will feel like crap again.
Take it easy have good eve Ju xxxx

Date: October 17, 2007 06:39PM

I am just tired, making me grouchy.. I tend to react like a 5yr old with tiredness.. grumpy angry and teary..until I finally get the sleep I need!! Came home early tonite..put my cashews in the fridge to soak, got all my blankets and went to bed!!

Just waking up now two hours later, feel better but very cold, soon get it warm though, stuck some layers on. Made a litre of cashew milk... I am soo addicted..but its good..and so quick to make, loving it smiling smiley

I ate 3 satsuma today

I just put some raw cereal and cashew milk on the side..I will eat it once its at room temperature with some goji berries

xxxx

Date: October 17, 2007 07:14PM

Sorry you are feeling terrible still rawdancer, It makes the pair of us I got blooming cystitis, in pain & fed up!!! What do you have in you raw cereal? I want to be making a different cereal, I hope you feel better soon. It is really cold here too, winter is definately on its way ( how depressing) I'm trying to avoid antibiotics at every cost! going to rap up warm and chill on front of crap T.V

Love ju XXXX

Date: October 17, 2007 07:24PM

aww hun, sorry to hear your in pain, cranberry juice?? lots and lots and lots..promise it helps!

in the cereal is.... prunes(I am obsessed!), goji, banana..threw in some millet I had laying about..and cashew milk..yumbo!!

Hope you feel better soon hun xxx

Date: October 18, 2007 10:50AM

Well p** Off got to take antibiotics,passing blood, can only stand it for so long, worried about side affects of med. You cereal sound nice, you say you put millet in it, was it cooked, sprouted, Grain,or flakes?
Hope you are feeling alot better today?

Love Ju XXXX

Date: October 18, 2007 01:56PM

SIGH! im so sorry Julie ..when did this happen? sad smiley i agree about the cranberry juice and lots of it !

Date: October 18, 2007 06:43PM

It started yesterday, in agony at mo got anti biotics but really don,t want to take them, look like I will have to start them tomorrow. Hope you are doing ok jodi?
Hows things raw dancer any better?

Take good care Ju XXXX

Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: October 19, 2007 02:43PM

I know I haven't been very present on this forum lately, but I just wanted to let you know that I will be even less so for the next little while because I've leaving for Arizona on Sunday. Going to a place called Rosewood (I'm too "medically unstable" to go to Mirasol...really screwed myself over with that one). Hopefully after I'm what's considered stable enough I can go to Mirasol; it sounds a hell of a lot better there (organic food, for one). Thanks for all your support...hopefully will be back sooner than later!

Love,

the enchantress

Date: October 19, 2007 02:52PM

that sounds great enchantress , you have the good sense to get treatment before you get worse or dead, and i wish you total wellness !

once you get up a bit in health push the mirasol option as much as possible .. maybe in rosewood if you ask often enough they will give you fruits

good luck with your trip .. good time of year to go i guess .. its a bit warmer down there then here hehe smiling smiley

you will come back better then ever and hugs are waiting here for you when you return smiling smiley {{{{{enchantress}}}}}

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2007 02:54PM by Jgunn.

Current Page: 9 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables