Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 10 of 12
Re: EDs..amongst other things
Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: October 20, 2007 11:09AM

Good luck enchantress, hope to hear from you again in the near future xxxx

Weekend is here at last..soo pleased smiling smiley been out to the organic shop.. bought err..14 oranges..and 10 satsuma..the lady didnt bat an eyelid..I love shopping at the organic store rather than the mainstream rubbishy supermarkets smiling smiley ..nobody stares when I buy more fruit than I can carry down there!! lol

cant believe how nice and sunny it is..after a week of rain and freeezing weather

I am not hungry at all.. its very weird..but all I crave is orange juice oranges..and more oranges..soo thats what I am having!!

Treated myself to some lovely glass jars for preserving and for keeping nut milk in..thats one thing I do like and can drink easily..so got plenty of nuts too and goji berries for when I really cant have anything to eat..can drink some cals at least

Love ya xxx

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bracken ()
Date: October 20, 2007 03:48PM

Wishing you all the best enchantress, my thoughts are with you, look forward to hearing from you when you are back, healthy, happy, & smiling! Love Ju XXX

You are certainly stocking up on the vit C rawdancer, you are doing great, I went t local farmers market got kale, apples, squash, celery, carrots, should last me a while, I love raw nut milks, have you tried Raw tahini? its creamy.

Enjoy weekend all Ju XXXX

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 21, 2007 03:29AM

i love oranges too rawdancer .. i think ive mentioned here before that the oils in the peel are considered a very calming essential oil .. so its no suprise when im feeling low that i crave oranges ! .. smiling smiley

julie i was thinking another thing about your blemish breakouts .. every time i dye my hair i get a round of pimples you wouldnt beleive ..not just forehead ..everywhere .. cheeks .. chin nose .. even arcoss the top of my back

im wondering if there is a connection .. there sure seems to be ..by the time my skin settles down its pretty much time to dye again LOL endless cycle .. this last time i let my roots get wayyyyyyyy longer then normal and my skin was clearer longer

sure makes me go hmmm ... smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: October 21, 2007 09:12AM

I havent tried the tahini no julie..I will give it a go!

oh gosh..now I know Why I havent been able to eat..and have been vitamin C girl..woke up this morning and have NO VOICE!.. this is a bit of a problem since my job involves ringing and speaking to 60 staff.. bugger..

sat here with a orange, lemon and agave..warm juice..

oh I feel horrid sad smiley.. it hurts ..yes I am being a baby!! lol

Hows your weekends Jodie n Julie??

xxx

Date: October 21, 2007 02:52PM

My hubby has the same as you too, lots of nasty bugs going around, I hope you feel alot better soon. My weekend crap, and feeling like it too. started to take the antbiotics got side affects, stopped taking them, so on cymalon at mo lots of water, cranberrie etc fed right up! drinking all this liquid I feel so blooming bloated (Hate it)

Take it easy sweetie Love ju XXXX

Date: October 22, 2007 01:21PM

aww hope the cranberries start working soon Ju!!

I am at home today.. I have no voice!.. woke up at 2am..cried a lot..stubled into the kitchen..took some lemon juice..hot water and went back to bed..

only just gotten up properly now..at 2pm!

ah well.. feel a bit more relaxed now..heads not pounding so badly

Date: October 22, 2007 06:44PM

Still not feeling great, if no better by tomorrow will have to go back to doc's, fed up with everything at mo rowing with hubby doen't help!
I do hope you are feeling alot better by tomorrow, started bring in some crapy foods today, rice cake & seed treats feel so guilty was doing so well, whenever row & feel low will power goes out the window! sorry for the moan lol,
Take good care wrap up warm Love Ju XXX

Date: October 22, 2007 07:06PM

aww you two sickies ! wish i cold pop on over in my star wars type machine and nurse you both back to wellness hehe smiling smiley

just keep assaulting your bodies with the greens adn oranges ..tiss the season i reackon not much you can except pour in the nutrients and wait it out !

Julie have you considered that maybe you and your fella may need to get some outside counselling ... when you guys start to fight more then theres peace its not healthy for either one of you

i had another blow out with my guy this weekend over that stupid stuff he did with that girl on the internet

he got down on his knees and begged me to go see a counselor with him to work through it as i cant seem to let it go ..and he cant have me keep throwing it in his face forever .. whichis true .. so thats where were at lol smiling smiley

Date: October 22, 2007 08:15PM

thought i would add this today .. it came in my email from my mom

As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will.

You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time.

You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken.

You'll fight with your best friend.

You'll blame a new love for things an old one did.

You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone
you love.

So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.

Don't be afraid that your life will end,be afraid that it will never begin.

Date: October 22, 2007 09:55PM

hey lotusblossom an Ali hows things goin with ya lately? smiling smiley

Posted by: lotusblossom9 ()
Date: October 22, 2007 10:26PM

hi ladies,

thanks for asking about me jodi. =) last night we went to a vegan buffet for dinner at one of my favorite vegetarian restaurants. after we ate i felt...well...stoned! i don't know if it was the soy, potatoes, bread, or just all of it together but i was completely spaced out!! i had to have my husband take over the car because i almost got us in an accident while driving. how crazy is that!? it's amazing how your body reacts to some of those foods after you've elminated them for awhile.

so today i've been eating all raw and feel great. it's funny, it's almost like i have to give up my "love affair" with cooked/processed food. it reminds me of how i've had to give up my "love affair" with my eating disorder. anyone else ever feel like that?

i hope everyone who isn't feeling well has a speedy recovery. =)

ps.-julie, do you have any pictures of the jewelry you make? i'd love to see what you do.

Date: October 23, 2007 06:10AM

It's 6.30am still feeling bad, bladder feels so bruised, is that normal?
I have mentioned so many times about councelling jodi to hubby, not having any of it, we also need to see finance adviser to! Sorry too hear things are rough wit your fella too, hope things get better for you soon. Makes sense the e-mail your mum sent. Mde me laugh about your space machine first laugh had in a hile need to do it more!

Good to hear you are doing ok lotusblossom, how are you finding things now? do you think you are coping better & less stressed of late? I did post some picks a while back on here of my jewellery, I'll try & put some more on if you cant find them.

How you feeling rawdancer?

Take good care all Love Ju XXX

Date: October 23, 2007 09:49PM

lol lotusblossom yea ive felt the stoned on breads before .. weird huh? tongue sticking out smiley people pay good money for that feeling ROFL !!

wow julie is there any reason in particular he flat out refuses ? lol im the reluctent one on my side .. i have this thing where i think im supposed to be able to *FIX* everything lol

well is there anyway you can go talkk to someone alone that can give you some ideas ? wow now i know how my guy feels when i just slammed the idea right off the bat ... i was being selfish for not being open about getting some help

well anyhoo magooo im glad i at least gave you a giggle smiling smiley

Posted by: ali ()
Date: October 24, 2007 01:31AM

hey everyone! so sorry i havent posted in sooo long!! i still check everyday and read up on how everyone is doing but just havnt been able to sit down and reply. i have been doing alright just really busy. going through a wierd time right now...i live in san diego and we are having tons of fires right now. the worst we have ever had. we had to pack up all our stuff just in case it gets closer but i think our house is going to be ok. it just scary because the whole sky is grey and ash is flying everywhere, i can tell its doing a number on my body, i feel really wierd and my skin is breaking out like crazy. any ideas to keep all this smoke and ash out of my body?? school has been cancelled and work has been closed so its a forced reason to actually relax.
how is everyone else doing?? im so sorry to hear everyone is sick. keep up the vitamin c. well i better go see how things are going but i hope everyone feels better. have a good week!!!
~Ali

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: October 24, 2007 03:00AM

Jodi, get some craniosacral....it's so great for releasing those 'irrational' feelings we have (patterns). There's no shame in having these things - everyone has them. It's surprising how both simple and difficult to deal with them....simple, because they usually stem from things we've known all along, and difficult because they have an amazing grip on us.

Emotional detox is so similar to physical detox. Things come out and announce themselves and we freak out, even though we've been carrying them around forever-but they're scary to see.

CST works best if you are consciously willing to allow the truth to be whatever it is. Very likely you have a good relationship which would only get better if it were a little 'cleaner' that is, if your old worries were 'detoxed'.

He wouldn't beg you for NOTHING, would he......

Date: October 24, 2007 06:05AM

Feeling much better than what I was, did go doc's, more tests, managed to keep away from more meds. Hubby & I still a bit off at mo, been talking more. Had spiritual healing last night, lots of heat around my head( I wonder why) as if I did not know! I really need to get myself sorted! Got meating today with another outlet for my jewellery "wish me luck".

Great to hear from you Ali, wow! that sounds like one of my nightmares, sky turning grey and ash about the place, use the time out to focus & relax, although I think I would be freaking out about the colour of my surroundings & whats going on, I am such a worrier. I need sun & lots of light & colour in my life. Take really good care thinking of you, keep you chin up , keep smiling sweetie XXX

Feeling any better yet raw dancer?

Date: October 24, 2007 02:29PM

thanks bracken, im glad your feeling better. i know what you mean about the color of surroundings. me and my mom had to get out and come visit my grandma because its so depressing at home. its grey and empty,but im trying to think positive and relax...but anyway good luck with your jewlery!! take care of yourself.
how is everyone else doing?? jodi, rawdancer, enchantress how are you guys?

Date: October 24, 2007 05:51PM

thanks for all the love guys

finally home..got two days holiday now smiling smiley so going to spend them asleep

been taking paracetomol every two hours.. awful I know but only way I can stay out of pain!!

check in later

xxx

Date: October 25, 2007 06:12AM

Hope you are feeling little better rawdancer? Hows things your way Ali hope the fires are calming down now?

I noticed I have been weighing myself a little more than usual which i'm concerned about, I think I do it more the bulid up towards my period, & now it is coming into winter, not being as active I think I'm starting to get a little paranoid, which is something I dont want to get back into! Does anyone else do this?

Having tests done for celiac, so I have to consume some wheat & gluten which I'm not liking or my body, starting to get breakouts again, skin was doing well when I cut them out!

Does anyone find the more raw they go the less bloated before your period you get? it only the bloating that gets me paranoid starting to think I'm getting fat this happens every month, I try & tell myself its only the time of the month, & it will go down after but I get so down & consumed by it.

Well, must o now do take care all Love Ju XXXX

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: October 25, 2007 09:39AM

hi enchantress...girl i know you won't see this as you have already left...but you are in my thoughts and prayers and i will be thinking about yoU!!!!!

oh man guys...well lets see i haven't been doing too great...i have been battling with my ED and the stress of life...i have not been wanting to eat for the past couple months...i eat some fruit here and there and a salad maybe...but mostly it's been bottles of water...i just don't feellike it...it feels wrong to me...i don't know i think it is all the stress and uncertainty in my life... it has been out of control...and i am starting to try really hard to make it right...yesterday i forced myself to have a cup of mixed fruit and today i had a salad...but i hadn't eaten in like a week..cuz last week i ate like 4 bites of a salad and was dieing on the inside i felt like i was exploding it hurt so bad...i just couldn't think of eating anymore...but i am trying now!!!!
thanks guys
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: October 25, 2007 03:37PM

*TACKLEHUGS EA TO THE GROUND*

you total BEAN ! i missed you sooooooooooooo much .. i hope you really stick around we got so much to catch up on ! grinning smiley

so ya fell off fruit cart .. here ! *grabs yer hand* ally ooop !!!! smiling smiley welcome back EA !

you can do this sweetie ! smiling smiley

Date: October 25, 2007 07:10PM

Good to see you back EA smiling smiley

Arggg I am so tired of feeling sick..nose bleeding for hours on end and feeling like rubbisssh!!

Saying that..compared to Monday I am much better.. going to make an effort to go out tommorow and potter around a bit. Seeing bf in the evening..so I have to pep myself up!!

Still not hungry.. I tried a few bites..blew my nose..more bleeding and instantly felt sick sick sickkk..

Dont know what to do about it, just not hungry and when I suddenly am I am instantly naseuated after two bites. My back bones are hurting and another 5lb less... ugh I dont knowww!!

drank a bit of cashew milk ..some water and took more painkillers :*

Date: October 26, 2007 06:04AM

hi Ya earthangel, sorry too hear going through rough time at mo, you can get back on track sweetie You can do it! at least you are reconising what is going on, & trying to do something about it! What are you so stressed & uncertain about? Its hard I know but keep on trying don't let it take over you, you take control over It!!!!! Keep us posted always here for support. XXXX

Get Well soon rawdancer! just a thought, its not the painkillers giving you a nose bleed is it? Get the Bf to look after you for a bit! Pampering thats what you need & lots of rest & fluid. your in my thoughts sweetie! XXXX

How are you doing Jodi, lotusblossom, Ali, Enchantress if you are still about here? Take good care all lots of love

Date: October 26, 2007 04:29PM

EarthAngel!~ it is so good to hear from you again!! i hope you stayed safe with all the fires. its been crazy huh! im just glad its more under controll now, eventhough the air quality is still horrible. i just feel bad for all the people that lost their homes!! im sorry to hear your stuggling. hang in there!! we should get together on day soon, call me if you ever need anything or just someone to talk to. stay strong...your worth it!!!
well im off to work, i hope everyone has a good weekend take care of yourselves!

Posted by: wrenbrrd ()
Date: October 27, 2007 01:31AM

I've got a diary here too, but it seems like this one is really hoppin', so think I'll post some thoughts here.

I, too, have an ED, though not a very popular one: compulsive overeating/addiction to food. I've only been raw for a week, but don't really notice much of a change in the fact that I want to eat. Ultimately, it's not about the food. It's about hiding from life.

Anyway, hello all!

Date: October 27, 2007 05:05AM

hehe i used to lock myself in bathrooms and binge .. eww lol

really long last coupleof days but i promise to catch up tommorrow hehe smiling smiley

love you all be strong be healthy and love yourselves smiling smiley !

Date: October 27, 2007 06:32AM

Hi wrenbrrd,

I used to be a complusive overeater/ addicted too, thats how things started off for me, & yes I did it back then to hide from the turmoils of life I was about 16 years old then, I was in my comfort zone, food was my love & safety. Its facing & learning & accepting what it is you are hiding from in life, to enable you move on to what you really want and achive, not to run away and hide under your comfort blanket so to speak. Why is it you want to hide from life sweetie, if you don't mind me asking?
In the mean time take good care, look forward to your posts, we are all here for support.

Whishng you all the best! JuX

Date: October 27, 2007 06:39AM

Good to hear the fires are slowing down now ali.
Keep your chin up earthangel you can do it babes!
How are you doing raw dancer?
Look forward to your post jodi, hope you are ok?
Thinking of you enchantress, if you are reading this! X
How are you doing lotusblosoom?

All have a good weekend keep smiling! Love always Ju xxxx

Date: October 27, 2007 03:39PM

So so sick sad smiley woke up again and it was like going back to day 3 of the flu!! I know crohnies take longer to get better from any virus..but this..is take the piss!!

Made more milk..man I love my glass mason jars smiling smiley.. but I cant even drink it.. I cant have anything sad smiley boohoo.. feel free to smack me for whingey post!!

Love you all!!

xx

Date: October 27, 2007 09:52PM

hi hi smiling smiley yep Julie im fine just a horribly busy week where nothing seemed to work right or if it did it took wayyyyyyyyyy to long or things just were being difficult to accomplish lol .. this is mostly centered around work and computers ..i swear this month the planets are out of my elignment or something when it comes to me and hardware haha ! tongue sticking out smiley

otherwise feeling good , trying to get back into working out but by the end of the day this last few weeks been too tired and i know if i dotn get on it im gonna be blowing up like a rofl ! ever since my hystorectomy its been too easy to pack on the pounds and each time i do it takes forever to get back down!

sorry your feeling ill again rawdancer ..did you ever get the liquid minerals julie told you about? zinc is really important for us .. especially ..it really helps a bunch smiling smiley

Julie i used to weigh obsessively too .. i cant keep scales around so i dont lol smiling smiley i know im gaining too much when the clothes start getting snugger then usual and thats my sign lol ...if their not i dont worry about it smiling smiley

Julie how are you feeling is the bladder getting better? smiling smiley

Current Page: 10 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables