Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My Raw Experiment
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 13, 2007 12:22AM

Hi. I'm Caleb.

I am going raw for 30 days as a bet with a friend of mine. I *love* to eat delicious high-fat, high-carb foods that are not especially good for me. I have developed psoriatic arthritis which has made life pretty painful for the past five years or so, and seems to be going through a particularly rough stage right now, and so the bet is that my arthritis will be significantly improved after 30 days of raw food. I am taking that bet with her. I figure even if I lose the bet, I still win, right?

So, I am videotaping this process, and will hopefully be posting it on my website. I will link to that when I update it. I am allowed one "cheat" per our bet - I am allowed to add Balsamic Vinegrette dressing to my salads.

If anyone has any suggestions for "easy" raw food, then please let me know. I have to clear my food with my friend to make sure it is actually raw (she tells me that many foods that seem raw are really not). I am not particularly interested in difficult raw foods, or complicated recipes. I'm primarily going to be going with juices, fruits, nuts, and salads right now (plus, a little sashimi when the urge for meat hits,) but if there are any suggestions for foods that can be prepared easily I am certainly willing to expand my repertoire.

I would be *particularly* interested in any suggestions for raw beers, as a Red Sox game is just not the same without a good beer.

Thanks in advance,

Caleb

Day One Weight: 223 pounds

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My Raw Experiment
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: August 13, 2007 12:45AM

I would use only raw organic unfiltered vinegar instead of the balsamic. You can find more info on it at bragg.com

Good luck on your 30 days! Try eating mostly fruits, then tender greens, not too many nuts or nut butters, or avocados. Try to make some fat free raw salad dressings, or use raw spicy salsa to mix in instead of dressings.

Keeping it simple is eating fresh fruits, not preparing much except maybe salads, dressings, and smoothies.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 13, 2007 12:56AM

Good luck to you on your experiement. We will all enjoy hearing your results. I agree with Prism that the more simple the better. Fruit is especially easy and requires no preparation.

About once a week I prepare something from a recipe. Here is my absolute favorite when the desire for meat kicks in. It is easy and so very tastey. My non-raw family loves it.

Mock Salmon Pate

2 cups walnuts
2 stalks of celery
1-2 scallions
1 large red bell pepper
1/2 - 1 tsp of sea salt

Mix all together in the food processor until creamy. Refrigerate. I ise it to fill celery sticks. In nori rolls, it takes like sushi!

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: August 27, 2007 06:24AM

hey there congrats on the start of your raw food journey!! even though it is just a bet it will be one that will change your life and make you feel so much better!! even if you don't stick with 100% raw i am sure you will incorporate more and more raw things into your lifestyle!!! good luck and let us know how you are doing...it looks like you should be on week 2!!! so let us know what is going on and if we can help you in any way!!!
take care
lots of love
earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo
haha ps...i don't know about raw beer ....but there is wine haha...just pour it into the corona bottle and add some lime smiling smiley the lime is raw too!!! or there is some sort of apple whiskey you can make but i am not sure about it haha...
i know though my good friend is from boston and lives here in san diego now and he couldn't survive a sox game without a beer lol...and he loves his team!!! he flipped our couch and table over when they won it all haha!!!

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables