Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Moments on your raw journey...
Posted by: Starglider ()
Date: August 17, 2007 07:46AM

I am newly raw and would love to hear about the experiences of those who have gone before me. I am wondering if people would be willing to share some "milestones," or observations that stand out in their raw journies. For me, I can only state what has happened in my 3-month, experience but I wonder if others can recall times when they knew they had gotten to another level in their spiritual and physical unfolding.

I have been 95 to 100% raw since May 5, 2007. Here are some recollections, so far

0-1 month raw - fatigued and headachy but still more energy than before;
enthralled by plants and flowers around me; confident!
1-2 months raw - functioned well even if sleep-deprived, amazing clarity and
connected feeling with others
3 months raw - Panicky about loss of food as entertainment. Sharper brain.
Wondering if I can really sustain this... Some light-headedness.
Emotional discharge - unusual bursts of anger, sadness, fear. Some insomnia - zooming at night (but I got back on green tea...).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Moments on your raw journey...
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: August 17, 2007 02:43PM

I've been raw since May 2003, but the last 2 years has been a struggle for me. I initially lost 71 lbs. but gained half back.

Raw has changed my life for the better.
It's gotten rid of many ills I had prior.
My health just keeps getting better.
Pain from sciatica is almost completely gone.
I'm able to do my job as a childcare provider again.
I was able to go home and care for my ill sister and elderly mom and their 2 households. That was a gift raw foods gave me.
Before raw I was overweight, out of shape, couldn't walk a 1/2 block, and was in chronic pain.
My hypoglycemia is gone, blood pressure went down.
My family is prone to diabetes, which I haven't developed yet, I'm sure I was pre-diabetic though.
I have also gotten to meet very nice folks who love raw foods too!

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Starglider ()
Date: August 17, 2007 09:13PM

Wow, Prism, your story is so inspiring! I'm so glad your sciatica is gone. My mother has sciatica or pseudosciatica and she is raw 3 months with me to try and cure it. It is almost gone for her now.

I am far less anxious when speaking in front of others than I was before and have lost the aches an pains I used to carry with me.

I can relate to the weight gain as I have started to gain too much back due to stress eating. I know I need to start doing yoga and meditation to deal with the emotions that being raw allows me to feel so strongly now.

Would you be willing to share what other ailments vanished for you? You're inspiring me!

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: August 27, 2007 06:16AM

Hey there starglider welcome to the diary forum and congrats on going raw!! sounds like you are having a wonderful and amazing journey!! and with your mom how great is that!! you are so lucky to have someone right there with you doing it too!! that is why i love this forum so much..i can come to these wonderful ladies and knwo i ahve a friend no matter what part of life is going great or wrong!! it is just nice to have that connection with like minded people you knwo??
anyways hun i hope all is well!! how is the journey going?
take care
lots of love
earthangel
xxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables