Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

starting over....again! and travel
Posted by: NEW2raw! ()
Date: August 18, 2007 08:10PM

hi everyone!
im trying to restart raw, i got pretty sick (unrelated to the diet it was a virus) so i kinda fell off for a while cause i couldnt even make my own food :-( im getting better now and i wanna get back into it
im going to use the next week to transition and a week from today i will be going to disney world for a week, anyone have any advice or know if they have any restaurants that are raw friendly, i looked on the website of the hotel im staying @ and the only thing i saw was a snack bar with dehydrated fruits and nuts.
any advice??
peace
alex

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2007 08:10PM by NEW2raw!.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: starting over....again! and travel
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 19, 2007 03:25AM

Alex,
I'm a raw newbie but I live in the Central FL area and I can't recall any Raw restaurants in the area and I've searched the web as well and came up empty handed. My suggestion, although like I said I'm a newbie is to speak with the chefs were you will be eating and ask their advice most at WDW at wonderful!!! Most places offer vegan food if you ask in advance, vegitarian is no problem but most meals are cooked so thats no good. Most counter service locations offer fruit bowls and salads and you can always pick up a free ice water from any location.
I went today to EPCOT armed with apples and bananas in my cooler and baggies of nuts and dried fruits. Hey it wasn't gormet but it worked and with the heat I had no desire to eat anything else anyhow.
There is a Sweet Tomatoes in Orlando about 10-15 minutes from WDW, if you need directions let me know. They have a large salad bar with tons of fresh veggies and oil dressings and at appx. $7 it can't be beat. Let me know if you need any area information.
Goodluck and best wishes.

Date: August 20, 2007 04:08PM

today is the day im using to us up or throw out most of my cooked food.....mostly throwing stuff out :-P im trying to figure out what i will pack for fl i know im bringing kale, coconut, dates, and broccoli, olives but im not sure what else. New2RawFL thank you soooo much, if we get a rental car i will have to try out that Sweet Tomatoes place we dont have any thing like that around here. ive been doing research and it seems like disney is really great with "dietary restrictions" but the only thing is most places want to know ahead of time. i wont know what restaurants im eating @ probably until i get there, my only request has been no steakhouses! i feel like this is a great time for change, im getting back to my art media, going raw, and fixing other things in my life, all at the same time and it feels great
peace
alex

Date: August 22, 2007 03:15AM

ok so i was about 80% today until dinner,i dont have as good of an argument for raw foods as i do for veganism. people will except veganism (sometimes) but no one excepts raw, so im kinda keeping it a secret. i wish i could be 100% right now but i have to ease into it. ive decided ill have 2-3 raw meals a day and one cooked (still with raw elements though) and all raw snacking. this way i can eliminate cravings and still stay with it. before i would wait until after 9 @ night to eat cooked food and that didnt work too well since i would just pig out. but this way im not thinking about these foods allllll day. oh yea and when i say 80% i dont mean i ate something like tofu or bread @ some point, but i am having nuts that could have been blanched and orange juice i think was pasteurized, and stuff like that. i wish i could find young coconuts around here, maybe if i see some in fl ill have to sneak em back. and i know this is gonna sound stupid but i cant think of alot of dark greens.... im trying to vary mine and the only ones i have are kale, spinach, and collard greens....uhhhhg i kno there are more i just havent found them!
well i guess thats it for today
be back tomorro
peace
alex

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: August 22, 2007 03:44PM

Dandelion greens are yummy! Great way to transition!

Date: August 23, 2007 03:26AM

end of day 2 :-) im kinda tired but i had some great food today i kinda forgot about greens though :-o i only had the leftovers of a green smoothie. im planning on having soaked (probably not sprouted :-P) wild rice mixed fruit as a breakfast salad. lunch will probably be lots o greens! then for dinner im going out with my girlfriend to this really nice asian restaurant that used to be my favorite but EVERYTHING is cooked, i might be lucky and find a salad but idk if they would have any. o well still transitioning, and then ill probably have some more greens for a snack or something...u know how some people can sit down with a bag a chips and eat it w/o noticing, thats what i do with spinach :-) i tried a salt scrub today and it felt great, im gonna try the sugar tomorrow. well im pretty tired i have to go rinse my rice. goodnight :-)
peace
alex

oh yea i LOVE dandelion greens too! there so yummy idk why people dont like 'em

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2007 03:27AM by NEW2raw!.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: August 27, 2007 03:23AM

hey there congrats on throwing out all that food and really getting onto the journey of raw..that is awesome!! congrats and welcome..good luck with everything and keep us posted on your progress!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: September 02, 2007 01:52AM

well im back from florida!
there was NOTHING raw for me to eat, there wasnt even anything vegan. i tried really hard but there was nothing! i had a bunch of greens i was going to bring someone threw them away. i saw on the disney world website that they are "very accomidating" when it comes to dietary restrictions and i expected that this was true...WRONG. they didnt even have anything vegan, i had to go back to veg after being vegan for almost a year. i am so happy to have control over my food! there is almost no produce in my house, ive had a few grapes an orange and some mineral water since i got home a few hours ago. ive been CRAVING a green smoothie and a raw salad. tomorrow im going to try and go get this book about raw foods @ the book store near my house. i cant remember whats its called but it is only $16, i think it has a picture of a thin brunette in a red dress on the cover? i think? the first few days of eating cooked veg i felt ok, i guess ive been low in amino acids for a while....but today and the past couple days ive feel horrible and im breakingout! ahhh!!!
i got to go to food shopping once when i was in orlando, and i was amazed @ how fresh and beautiful the foods were but i was told we could only get drinks & "snack foods" apparently yummy spinach isnt a snack food :-P
im still in shock that somewhere so lush and tropical wouldnt have raw foods. o well
well im off to try and clean up this acne and then im probably off to bed cause im exhausted!
peace
alex

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: September 04, 2007 03:56PM

That is a shocker that Disneyworld can't accomodate a vegan, much less a raw vegan. Apparently they didn't have meatfree salads available and fruit available at breakfast?

I am so sorry that you ran into that. Thanks for forewarning the rest of us...

Date: September 09, 2007 03:16AM

wow this is my first entry since my disney rant! and to answer your question karennd they did have fruit @ breakfast, and @ the place i went to they even had raw juice, but it seemed like there was a restriction on what you could take and how much oh well im sure if you are the one makeing travel arrangements disney would be much more accomadating, but i was there with a bunch of SAD omnies. and the other family i was with refused food that wasnt pizza chicken parm (pronounced pahm lol)or grilled cheese >_<

ive finally found a plan that works for me, i have been having a raw breakfast and lunch (for me the less social meals) and @ dinner i will make raw food but if i am offered cooked vegan food i will accept it, my family has a hard time with me jsut being vegan so im giving them a little slack. i have just finished carol alt's book i dont agree with everthing she says but it was overall a good book. i have to be honest she had me thinking about raw fish, but then i saw some in my fridge and felt sick. also im contemplating cutting out honey, or maybe trying raw milk/ eggs if i dont. im not sure.....i know for me right now that wouldnt be the best idea but down the road it might be a possibility. also i wanted to let anyone in boston ma , providence ri , or lake tahoe ca there is a great restaurant called fire & ice (kind weird theres only 3 of them and there on opposite coasts) very raw accomidating :-)
off to go work on my graphic design project.night!
peace
alex

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables