Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Newbies Journal
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 19, 2007 03:20AM

I'm starting my Raw Journal in hopes of getting some support in my lifestyle change and meeting some new friends who are also Raw or going Raw.

We began living Raw on 8/16/2007 about 2 days ago and I'm in love already. My fiance and I both are very overweight and looking to lose weight as well as get healthier and see if living raw will help with some of my medical issues.

I'm excited, let me say that first. I went vegitarian once and it lasted two months before I "cheated", but this time I'm 100% committed. After reading for a week about the changes those who have gone Raw have experience I'm amazed and hopefull.

I've also managed to drop 6.5 pounds since my weigh in Thursday, can you believe it?!?! I'm elated.

Off to bed with me now, trying to work on my sleep habits as well. But I will update tomorrow. Thanks for any support/comments/hints/tips in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Newbies Journal
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 19, 2007 04:26AM

Hi,
I am trying to start raw but I am having a hard time. I picked up some raw books but I still feel a little overwhelmed. Do you have any advice that you can give me?

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 19, 2007 02:43PM

Sweetie...start slow...eat what you enjoy. Just focus on incorporating more fruits and veggies into your diet and filling up on those. Set small goals...ones you can live with and feel good about. I started with mostly fruits (because I don't really like veggies)...and ate either fresh fruit or made smoothies. Salads are easy to add...just make them bigger and fuller with variety. That should get you off to a good start.

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: August 20, 2007 04:46PM

Welcome, New2RawFL, and congratulations on making a very healthy decision!

It just makes sense, doesn't it, to eat all raw live foods once you think about it?

One tip I have is to not let yourself get hungry, or else the cooked food cravings will start. Green smoothies are great tasting and easy to prepare. And colonics are helping me immensely, without them the cravings start up also.

Keep us posted on how it is going!

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: August 27, 2007 06:04AM

Hey there hun..welcome to the forum and congrats on going raw!!! it is an amazing journey that is so rewarding and wonderful!! it is a blessing in life really!!!! i just wanted to say hello and let you know if you need anything i am here for ya!! i will try to help in any way i can just let me know....good luck with everything i am sure you are doing amazing still!! let us know how life is going and how you and the fiance are doing!!!!
take care and best wishes
lots of love
earthangel
xxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables