Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: 2 weeks raw
Posted by: birch ()
Date: August 27, 2007 01:37PM

had a few figs last night after dinner.

Breakfast this morning (DAY 8) was 1/2 c unsoaked museli with same almond milk recipe I've been making. Rode 6.5 miles to work (plan 'c' for when I'm running really late).

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: karennd ()
Date: August 27, 2007 03:18PM

Sounds like your pre-raw diet was very healthy also - lots of raw food, no processed foods and only whole grains!

I have heard there are usually two reasons for the low energy thing - not enough calories or too much food that is hard digest (like too much fat or nuts) because then your body borrows energy to use on the digestion. Kind of like how people get really tired after a big turkey dinner.

Take care!

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: August 27, 2007 05:25PM

Hi there hun...ooh i love figs i think they are so yummy!!! but i have learned that you have to make suer they are ripe haha otherwise they are not so yummy!!!
have a great day today...that bike ride sounds fun i love biking!!take care
lots of love
earthangel
xoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: August 27, 2007 05:28PM

thanks, karennd, that makes sense. I think the pre-raw diet will work for me in the long run. I was just experimenting to see if this would 'kick-start' any weight loss, fitness, skin health, etc. as I have heard so much about lately. After one week it seems I feel good, but just as good as I would have had I gone by my above diet with no 'cheating'.

That said:

10:45- 8 oz blueberry smoothie
Lunch- spinach salad with tomatoes, sunflower seeds, cucumber, one carrot.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: August 27, 2007 05:31PM

ooh that blueberry smoothie sounds awesome..i am off to jamba juice to get a fresh raw juice have a great day!
love ya
earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: August 28, 2007 01:13AM

The salad had 2 t. olive oil in it too.

at 4:00 I had another 8 oz blueberry smoothie.

Biked 6.5 miles back home from work. Once home, I had some mamey sapote (soo sweet!)- two thick slices. one of the slices I put in a smoothie with 2 bananas and 3/4 cup orange juice.

For dinner I had the same asparagus soup as last week, only double (2 c. chopped asparagus, 2 T olive oil, etc).

I'm ready to stop the raw experiment but at the same time I really like the ease of preparation I've enjoyed over the last 8 days.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables