Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

attempting to be raw
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 20, 2007 04:54PM

I recently went to the film "Supercharge Me" last Saturday with my boyfriend and now we are going to try out being raw. I'm excited and think it will be a positive experience. The one thing challenging is that at my house no one is raw... It seems like going raw is going to be more expensive also, just because no one else at the house eats, but I will be going to the farmer's market to try and save some more money... Yet in another sense I think I will also save money since I will not be eating out much. I really think that eating this way will make me happier as food does have an effect on you.. It makes a lot of sense to me I just want to do my best to stick to it. I think it will be easier since my boyfriend is doing it too, otherwise....... that'd be much more difficult. Anyways, this is day one, so far have only had green juice with all the great vitamins and wheatgrass within... Wish me luck! Will be using this to remind me that I'm not the only one doing it and even just posting this make me feel like I'm somewhat more aware of what I am doing and more commited.
Ciao <3

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: attempting to be raw
Posted by: karennd ()
Date: August 20, 2007 05:12PM

I want to see that movie! That is exciting that it inspired your boyfriend and yourself to go raw. Maybe it will start an eating revolution! :-)

Congratulations on your decision and what a great way to start - with green juice! Keep us posted!

Date: August 20, 2007 10:33PM

Wow, this is much more helpful than I imagined haha :-)
Well today I took my lunch break and it was pretty interesting not running to Subway, instead I voyaged off to Trader Joe's, God bless that store.
I bought raw almonds, raw sunflower seeds, some more green juice, and 5 larabars.
Thankfully, the larabars were not as bad as I expected as I've had some prettty bad protein bars in the past; I was very glad at that fact.
But so far so good. I know it's only my first day but I feel if I record all of the food I eat, I'll stick to it and I'll be able to look back on it in the days to come. So today after the 1st post, had 3 nectarines, vitamin c monster juice, a larabar and a "very green" juice from trader joes. I actually feel full too which is nice cause I was NOT feeling full earlier. Anywho... I'm excited.

Date: August 21, 2007 03:58PM

Cool! I love Trader Joe's too! But, unfortunately, ours does not make green juices. I wish they did. There is one Java Joe's that does but they are a little far away to go to during lunch. You are so lucky to have a Trader Joe's nearby that also makes green juices.

You are doing great!

Re: attempting to be raw day 2
Date: August 21, 2007 04:57PM

1 day down
who knows how many to go.
Started it off with a green juice and apple juice
yesterday I felt very very tired but today not so much...
then again I'm not even finished with my first hour of work...
well we'll see what happens
I wish everyone well with going raw or maintaining staying raw :-)

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 21, 2007 05:51PM

if you are feeling low on energy you may not be getting enough fuel (food) make sure you have all sorts of snacks on hand smiling smiley try to learn some things about food combining a bit so you dont disturb your digestion smiling smiley

when i first started trying raw 5 years ago i was shovelling down anything and everything and the following results (serious bad gas lol) were quite uncomfortable lol tongue sticking out smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: August 24, 2007 07:01PM

Hello!
Back at work again, today is day 5 of being raw. I've done so far so good.
I started last Monday and yesterday I realized I lost 6.5 pounds. How nice haha.
I tried to make a raw lasagna that turned into a complete disaster... I guess it was a good learning experience though... Basically, there was too much lemon juice. I learned. Also, thank you for the feedback above smiling smiley I appreciate it. I read up some on food combining and feel quite more confident in it now, thank God! I don't feel as tired as I did, though now my throat is kind of starting to hurt...... Who knows. Anyways... thats all!
Ciao <3

Date: August 24, 2007 07:23PM

If your throat is starting to hurt, that could be a detox and/or healing crisis coming on. That is a good thing, although not fun!

Congrats on sticking with it for 5 days and on losing those pounds!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 24, 2007 07:27PM

yep when i finally went 100% i went through a series of ear/nose/throat issues for whatever reason lol

try an stick it out and unless its life threatening dont get sucked into antibiotics

take some probiotics if anything smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: August 27, 2007 03:09AM

hi there..how is your raw journey going??? congrats on doing it..it is so awesome isn't it?? how was that movie?? i really really want to to see it...it is the one with all the diabetics right?? i am type 1 so i would love to see what all they have these people doing you know?? anyways...i just wanted to drop in and say hello and see how life was going for you...keep up the good work
lots of love
earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: daivanata ()
Date: September 09, 2007 01:41PM

Oh my Gosh, I love that film (Supercharge Me) - just got my DVD last week and have watched it three times!

I'm giving myself one more week to get into it, but I'm going to take the 30 day challenge and see how that goes. I've only been raw for one week at a time (totally, without any cheating).

The Supercharge Me woman is doing podcasts and all kinds of fun and inspiring things. You may be interested: [www.superchargeme.com]

The trailer is awesome too: [www.30daysraw.com]

Good luck on your raw journey. I'm going to start posting more when I start mine - next week. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables