Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My First Steps with Raw Food
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 11, 2007 07:05PM

Ok, so first of all. Today is my first official day of Raw fooding...I was almost completely raw yesterday, but I slipped up at night and had chicken nachos. I was SO disappointed after the fact.

So, Im really new to all of this, and have been doing a TON of reading today about different recipes and techniques for meal preparation...and I'm trying not to be overwhelmed. I started this way of eating at the advice of a friend who is an MMA fighter and in what appears to be great physical health/shape. He told me to give it 2 weeks with no cheating, and if I dont feel better, he wouldnt be mad if I quit (which leads me to believe he knows I'll feel better - LOL).

So today, my diet has consisted of:
Nectarine, Banana, Apple, Carrots, Celery, Salad, Radishes, Garlic, Oranges and Lemons. I still havent figured out what I'm going to eat for dinner, but I stocked up on veggies, so I should be able to take it.

I teach a "Healthy Cooking with Veggies" class, how ironic, so tonight I'll be able to show them how to cook, and not actually eat any of it. LOL.

I hope that this really does make a difference with my health and vitality. I have RA (rheumatoid arthritis) and I am the single mom of a WONDERFUL little boy. I want to be around as long as I can for him, but also for myself!

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Have a great RAW day!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My First Steps with Raw Food
Posted by: karennd ()
Date: September 11, 2007 09:04PM

Welcome and congrats on your healthy decision to try eating all living foods!

I bet it will help with RA. RA does involve inflammation, right? And this diet is very anti-inflammatory.

I look forward to reading your posts and seeing how your RA responds.

Re: My First Steps with Raw Food
Posted by: Custom ()
Date: September 26, 2007 04:04PM

Mschigyrl...

I too have RA (self diagnosis from symptoms) My mom has suffered with RA since she was in her late 40's. I am 51 and just started showing symptoms last fall... I've been mostly raw for the last (almost) 3 months. Started my raw journey around July 1. However, I have had deviations here and there with cooked food. Some healthy some not so healthy cooked food choices.

My RA symptoms seem to have abated a bit over the last couple of months.. Until last night where I had some really bad detox and a huge flare up of joint pain.

Not with standing last nights flare-up I am not sure if my lessened symptoms have been due to eating raw (i'd like to think so) Or if it's due to less humidity this fall and less extreme barometric pressure changes.

So, how are you doing raw?? have you seen a difference??

Elayne

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables