Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw meditation
Posted by: dave6 ()
Date: October 16, 2007 05:33PM

Hi! I was querying about the buddhist diet and there beliefs towards a raw diet as well. I recently did a 8 day silent retreat at a buddhist temple and found juicing and eating raw very beneficial with regards to my mindful practice.

I did a similar silent retreat the year before and eat a vegetarian cooked food diet which seemed to numb and close my mind to the practice.

I have always wondered, why do buddhist not eat raw food as you can connect the mind to higher states more easily. I have met a couple of lama's who have been known to be enlightened but they still have coOked meat once in a while? It dosen't make any sense!

From experience and teachings i have found meditation very effective. It is not easy and requires a lot of time and commitment, this is what i think puts a lot of people off!

Instead of starting meditation with a mind that constantly does battle with its own thoughts; the mind that eats cooked food, why not encourage a healthy tranquill mind from the beginning and make the journey more enjoyable rather than a chore;a diet on raw food!

I remember my first 30 day raw experience 1 year ago i was into the second week and i was driving my van. There was a strange feeling of nothingness that i had never came across before. Normally i could only go into this state with meditation and with my eyes shut so to experience it outside was amazing. My mind became settled and there was no longer a constant turn over of thoughts and doubts, no matter how much my mind tried to go back to the constant turnover of negative thoughts and emotions they would fade away before i could allow them into my conciousness.

I have been meditating everyday for 4 years now and can only enter that state on a raw food diet. There is no battle of thought or trying to solve deep emotional issues it all becomes clear and negativity fades away. It is totally bizarre but feels so natural, like finally coming home.

has anybody else experienced this?

David

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw meditation
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 18, 2007 02:31PM

im not sure about the cooked food thing and bhuddists dave .. perhaps they feel that is what is elightening to them .. i really cant say hehe smiling smiley it certainly is food for thought though hmmm smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2007 02:31PM by Jgunn.

Re: raw meditation
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: October 18, 2007 04:50PM

I haven't experienced that but I know I'm a little crazy on cooked food and not in the good way! (heehee)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables