Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: new habit: taking care of myself
Posted by: Alkalarian ()
Date: October 25, 2007 09:20AM

Wren,
congratulations, what a great way to live now!

especially the 75% raw food part is good, still, if you you enhance it with alkaline food, it's even better!

take care and good luck,
Mel

Alkaline Food / Green Food Chart With pH Scale

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wrenbrrd ()
Date: October 26, 2007 01:49AM

Man, this is tough! I'm finding myself so tempted by smells & the look of cooked food & such... & I can't get rid of it where I live bc it's not my house.

What does 811 raw mean?

Oh yeah... & how do you keep from eating after dark? I always get either super hungry or super bored...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2007 01:54AM by wrenbrrd.

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 26, 2007 04:32AM

8/1/1 is really 80/10/10 and means 80% carbs, 10% protein, 10% fat.

I have always heard that tiredness can be mistaken for hunger. So maybe you need to get more sleep, just like most of us. ;-)

Other thoughts are to eat some juicy fruits. Drink a glass of water, because thirst can be mistaken for hunger also. My last thought is to find something that interests you to do, draw, write, read, do a puzzle, crafts, etc.

You can do it!

Date: October 26, 2007 02:47PM

Is there a list for raw vegans somewhere online that shows which fruits, veggies, etc. have what amount of carbs, protein, & fats?

Yeah, I probably let myself get too tired, but the computer has become such an addiction for me lately... it's hard to tear myself away. It's funny, because I proudly tell ppl that I haven't watched any tv at all for seven years. But how is the computer better? I've got to wean myself.

Thanks for your replies!

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 26, 2007 04:18PM

Some people use this free online diet journal to figure out their calories, etc. [www.fitday.com].

Take care.

Date: November 06, 2007 02:39AM

Hey y'all. I haven't dropped off the face of the planet or even fallen off the raw food wagon, lol! I've been, on average, 90% raw for the past two weeks since I started on this. And holy cow... I've lost almost ten pounds during that time! No hardcore exercise in there to speak of... just the usual walking & trying to keep up with my toddler all day long. But not much.

I just made myself some raw hummus... omg! Soooooooooooooo good! It isn't much to look at because I still don't have a food processor, but hey. My taste buds don't know the difference!

Speaking of food processor though... my grandma is giving me both her food processor & juicer... for FREE! I won't get them until December/January, but wow! I'm very excited about all this.

Thanks for your support. I haven't been online much because that was one of the several things on my list, as you may remember, from my original post here.

Have a beautiful week!

Date: November 09, 2007 09:52PM

Gosh, raw fooding is soooo expensive! I have about $275 in food stamps a month for myself & my son together, so I can spend $65-70. a week on our food combined. Not much... & it seems like I run out of food so quickly! But I'm still going to keep doing this as long & as much as I can.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: November 10, 2007 04:58AM

Are you eating anything expensive?

Try to buy low-cost vegs and fruits, also beans you can sprout yourself.

Large amounts of nuts become unnecessary once you and your body realize you don't need the amounts of protein SAD eaters need. Oils and dried fruits aren't especially healthy, but they are expensive.

You do have to eat a lot to get calories and it doesn't seem easy to satisfy your apetite at first, because of the conditioning to SAD.

Try reading threads about saving money on raw - there are some good ideas from other people.

Date: November 16, 2007 03:47AM

HELP! I'm tempted to give up, but I really don't want to. It's ridiculous though... I'm running out of food to eat after two or three days! I just can't afford this. Plus, I'm constantly hungry. I'm trying to eat as much fresh, raw food as possible, & I'm including dark green leafy veggies, home-made sprouts, seaweed, fresh fruits, etc. If I do wind up eating cooked foods, I'll make sure they're whole & vegan, but I would rather just stick to the raw. It's made me feel fantastic so far (going on a month now). Any ideas, please share! Thanks.

Date: November 17, 2007 04:17PM

People might not see your request here - maybe you could make a new post in the main (first) section, cuz nearly everyone reads it!

How could you eat more cheaply cooked vegan? ?

Date: November 17, 2007 05:56PM

"how could you eat more cheaply cooked vegan? ?"

Answer: I get filled up faster & from less food.

Btw, I tried sending you another pm, but your inbox is full apparently. Didn't know if you were aware of that.

I'll repost my concern about raw food & $ in the main section, as you suggest. Thanks!

Date: November 17, 2007 06:27PM

Hi wrenbird, no my mailbox isn't full. Hmmmm....

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables