Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Back to raw foods -- in need of support
Posted by: optimist4life ()
Date: December 04, 2007 04:18AM

well, i ate 4 apples and 20 raw cashews when I got home.
Stress, hunger, bad habit, boredom? maybe I didn't eat enough during the day? At least it was raw...
But...I want to limit it to 1-2 apples at night, no nuts. I think night eating will be a lifelong challenge. The rest of the day is SO easy for me, but when I get home I feel kind of out of control. Ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: apple430 ()
Date: December 04, 2007 04:06PM

Great job optimist! I dont know about ideas to avoid night eating, except brushing my teeth right after dinner does help.

I posted on mine as well, but today is day 3 of 100% raw for me.

Date: December 04, 2007 09:09PM

Feeling good, Day #2 100% raw. So far today:

b: apple, 4 brazil nuts
s: box of blackberries
swam a mile
s: apple
l: big salad -- greens, cucumber, peppers, carrots, flax seeds, sprouts, olive oil & vinegar
s: banana

Will eat the same big salad for dinner. May have an apple, pear, or both later today.

Green tea and water throughout the day (as per usual).

Date: December 05, 2007 03:33AM

So, finishing up day #2 100% raw

Grand total:

b: apple, 4 brazil nuts
s: box of blackberries
swam a mile
s: apple
l: big salad -- greens, cucumber, peppers, carrots, flax seeds, sprouts, olive oil & vinegar
s: banana, pear
d: big salad -- greens, cucumber, peppers, carrots, flax seeds, sprouts, 1/2 avocado olive oil & vinegar
s: 2 apples and some nuts

Wow, that is a LOT!!! a lot of fruit mostly. I guess I'll just take comfort in Meow's experience in that she ate a lot more at the beginning of raw as well. Also, maybe I am feeling more hungry since I ate cooked food over the weekend.

I am happy that I ate raw all day, but would like to cut way down on how many sweet fruits I eat throughout the day. They sure add up. Finals stress doesn't help. Oh well, I'll keep up eating raw and slowly reduce the amount over time.

Date: December 05, 2007 03:39AM

So, this is my goal for tomorrow:

b: blackberries -- maybe a few nuts
l: 1/2 of my normal big salad
s: 1 pc fruit, whatever I am in the mood for
d: 1/2 of my normal big salad
s: 1 pc fruit, whatever I am in the mood for

Going to try for no nuts as well. I'll see how I feel on this amount of food. I think it seems like a reasonable baseline to add a fruit or two to if I feel the need.

Date: December 05, 2007 04:03AM

Oh, one other thing, when I was putting my salad together today in the law school kitchen for dinner, my friend came in looked at my salad and said, "that looks delicious, I should be eating that"! It is fun to make people think twice about looking down on salads :-)

Posted by: meow ()
Date: December 05, 2007 06:37AM

hey you! i think your meals/snacks look great- really balanced, and filling but definitely NOT too much food. if you added that up it wouldn't be as much calorie-wise as you'd probably think. just b/c you're eating huge salads doesn't mean you're getting tons of calories- salads are mostly veggies! or at least when you're raw, they arewinking smiley keep listening to your body! i think in the beginning it's really important to keep yourself full so you're not tempted to eat cooked food. so keep up the good work! onto day 3 100%!

Date: December 05, 2007 03:14PM

Thanks Apple and Meow. I think you are right. Actually, I figured out calories on fitday.com, to see how much fruit it will be reasonable for me to eat a day. I figured out that I can eat a box of berries, apple, orange, and banana + a big salad (half for lunch and half for dinner) and still only eat around 1,000 calories. I went to a Hanukah party last night and the thought of eating latkes (fried potato pancakes) seemed incredibly unappealing. I am sure it was because I was full from my delicious salad that I had just eaten before I went. I just had some decaf green tea and didn't eat anything at the party.

I am feeling good about Day 3 100% -- ate blackberries for breakfast as per usual. My plan for the day is -- berries, apple, orange, banana (whenever I feel like), and then my big salad (which I usually split up between lunch and dinner). It includes romaine lettuce, cucumber, orange pepper, sprouted mung beans, seaweed, carrots, grape tomatoes, flax seeds. Will probably put lemon juice and pepper on it.

Will try to get in a swim tonight after my study group, but probably won't go swimming mid day because I have a TON to do for my exam on Friday.

Oh, I know we are not supposed to keep track of weight, but I want to see how I am progressing number-wise.
Today: 166
My goal is to get down to 140, maybe beyond, but that number feels reasonable to me now. I look at old photos of myself at that weight and think I look great at 140. Ppl say I look great now too since I am tall (5'9"winking smiley, toned, etc. However 166 is the top of my healthy weight range, and I think I'll just feel more comfortable 25ish pounds lighter.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2007 03:27PM by optimist4life.

Date: December 05, 2007 03:19PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2007 03:26PM by optimist4life.

Date: December 05, 2007 03:25PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2007 03:26PM by optimist4life.

Date: December 05, 2007 10:53PM

Sorry about those other 2 posts. Don't know why this site won't let you delete posts, just edit them. Oh well.

Anyway, Day 3 100% raw is going well so far

b: blackberries
l: less than half of my usual salad, since wasn't so hungry + 1/4 of an avocado
s throughout the afternoon: few bites of an apple (kind of mushy so I threw it away), banana, small bowl of melon (felt like melon instead of an orange).
green tea and water throughout the day, of course.

I am going swimming in a couple of hours, so will have the rest of my salad afterward (dk if I can finish it though -- not v hungry today).

Posted by: apple430 ()
Date: December 06, 2007 01:33AM

Looks good, Optimist!

I stayed raw today, although I actually went out and got a salad for lunch. Felt like leaving work for a bit and didn't really want all my apples.

Had my usual tahini salad for dinner followed by some nuts and sundried cherries.

I am down a few pounds as well!

It's kind of annoying having everyone's separate diaries, I wish we could just combine into one...less clicking that way smiling smiley.

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables