Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Paulina's raw journal
Posted by: paulina ()
Date: October 29, 2007 05:08PM

Once again I want to give raw another go , I have tried on several ocasions only to fall off the wagon . I come from a very sick family , mom has cancer ,dad has leukimia a sister with very severe heart problems a brother with kidney failure and another brother that passed away in his middle twenties.

I have been a vegetarian for about 7 years and a vegan for about 4 years, but I am having a very hard time making the change to raw vegan .I try for a week or so , feel good lose weight....start to realize that I am feeling so good that I want to do this forever. And then bang ....I eat everything in sight ,start feeling lousy , gain weight ....and then regrets ....regrets ....regrets .

I am hoping that keeping a journal will help me stay on track , I am not aiming for 100 % right off the bat , but hoping to eventualy get there .In a week or 2 I will be starting a cleansing program that calls for fasting and eating as many raw meals as possible.....for the most efective cleanse . And I have the Haleluhah acres raw food course ...that I will start after the complete body cleanse .

I have already eaten a cooked breakfast this morning ....but will stay raw for the rest of today .

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Paulina's raw journal
Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: October 29, 2007 07:11PM

Welcome back to the raw effort. Just keep taking it 1 step at a time.

As the saying goes: "by the yard it's hard, but by the inch it's a cinch." - Author unknown

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: Monark ()
Date: October 30, 2007 05:59AM

Welcome Paulina smiling smiley Sounds like a gradual transition is a good way to go. Hang in there !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: October 30, 2007 12:53PM

I think a slower transition will work for me . I tend to be a perfectionist ...so it is all or nothing , then when I blow it I really blow it .Today is my first official day of being raw , I had some fruit for breakfast and I am planning to juice for lunch and have a salad and some raw veggies for supper .I am a food demonstator for a vegan cooking school, yes cooked foods . If I have time today I will make a raw dish at home to bring along and talk a bit of the importance of eating food as close to nature as possible .

Date: October 30, 2007 04:14PM

I felt sick to my stomach about 1 hour after eating this morning , I ended up eating more fruit and I now feel great . I have decided not to juice for lunch but to have a raw carob milk shake .....made with almond milk , dates , frozen banana's and raw carob .

Date: October 31, 2007 01:55PM

OK this is day 2 , day 1 went fine ...I did have some cooked foods yesterday , but I did stay raw for most of it .I did eat a awful lot of fruits yesterday, however I do feel good again , maybe it is because I know that I am back on the right track .Even after only one day my weight is starting to come down already.Today I will have some green smoothies , I will try spinach and fruits ...yum...yum .

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: October 31, 2007 03:48PM

welcome paulia, I have been raw since june and have lost 70 pounds. I have more weight to lose but over all I feel so good by eating raw foods. I just tried a banana and avacado the combo was so tasty. Good luck on your journey
Pam

Date: November 06, 2007 02:25PM

Hi everyone !!

Thanks for the warm welcome , I am afraid that I fell off the wagon as soon as a pressed the post button , however I am back.......I can't fail if I dont quit right ? ( I read that somewhere ......lol) .Today back to day 1 , juicing and green smoothies......this evening is vegan cooking school ....so I will hang around the green salads .I am starting a colon cleanse in the next few days and that calls for a raw diet with juicing and a 5 day fast , I think that once I am finnished that will get me on track .

Posted by: michelle80 ()
Date: November 06, 2007 08:31PM

hi paulina!

i'm new to this too, and i understand the "all or nothing" mentality. i keep telling myself i'm not 100% right now, and there's no reason to feel guilty if i have a little cooked food here and there....as long as the majority is raw, i'm doing loads better than i was before!

good luck with your fast! what kind of juices are you using?

michelle

Date: November 07, 2007 03:12PM

Hi Michelle !!!

This colon cleanse calls for organic apple juice . I have just bought 80 pounds of organic apples .

Date: November 08, 2007 01:16PM

Today is the second day of my precleanse , I was 100% raw yesterday and going for day 2 today . I am feeling a whole lot better today , amazing what 1 day of 100% raw can do . I am looking forward to my 5 day fast and I can't wait to get started .

Posted by: michelle80 ()
Date: November 08, 2007 01:45PM

mmm....apple juice cleanse. sounds good.

someone posted that they juiced apples with mint leaves...that sounds so amazingly good to me! it inspired my breakfast green smoothie today of pear, mint, and spinach.

how many precleanse days do you plan on doing?

Date: November 08, 2007 05:14PM

I plan on doing 4 pre cleanse days and 5 days of apple juice fasting .The mint sounds good , I will have to give that a try.

Posted by: meow ()
Date: November 08, 2007 07:38PM

hey paulina! the cleanse sounds great. i have done apple fasts before and they always make me feel very light, clean and clear-minded. i hope it goes well for you! keep us updated smiling smiley

Date: November 09, 2007 01:35PM

I have now finnished my second day of the prefast . I was a bit hungry and unsettled , however this morning feeling great and alert .I am starting to be buddies again with my scale as well......lol .I can't write to much today as I have a busy day ahead of me . The children have music lessons today and I also need to go shopping. I live out in the country and it is a 45 minute one way drive to the city .You all have a great weekend .

Date: November 14, 2007 03:22PM

Today is day 4 of my fast , I am not hungry today at all .I thought that I would have a hard time at the cooking school , but no body even noticed that I wasn't eating . I am feeling great , my bloating is gone....I am expericing clarity and I do not have any cravings .There doesn't seem to be any cleansing reations....well at least not yet .

Date: November 15, 2007 02:44PM

Today is day 5 of my fast ,I had a hard time sleeping last night tossing and turning and not being able to get comteforble . I wonder if that is a cleansing reation ?. I have been 100% in my fast ...even though my husband brought home a cake for my birthday ,it wasn't even temping ,I have not been hungry at all for the last 4 days.

Posted by: joanna2007 ()
Date: December 12, 2007 05:01PM

Paulina,
Hi, sounds like you are doing great! I was just wondering how many apples you are taking in daily? are you juicing all of them or are you eating some too? also are they all the same kind of apples? i am new to this, as you can probably tell, I just started transitioning from cooked food to raw-- and doing it rather slowly i might add- haha, anyway i have felt like crap since i started (last thurs) and i'm wondering if i should try this apple cleanse first to get things moving... down there! winking smiley feeling very lathargic and heavy. any advice?
thanks,
joanna

Posted by: joanna2007 ()
Date: December 12, 2007 05:23PM

oh i forgot--- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Date: March 04, 2008 08:01PM

I am back after a long absence ,I haven't failed if I keep on trying right ?. I have ordered the secrets of juice feasting . I will give that a try after I get it and listen to it . Hoping to find something that will work for me .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables