Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: klandestine's kwest
Posted by: klandestine ()
Date: April 22, 2008 02:59AM

April 21, 2008

Odd things today. Not sure what’s going on. I woke up this morning and my right eye was all bloodshot. It isn’t sore – it feels kind of dried out. Nothing is swollen. My left eye is fine. I’ve done nothing different to my face as far as soap or anything like that. Food allergy? Hmmmm. I don’t know.

Girl troubles today – spotting. That’s odd too.

I’ve been starving all day – can’t seem to fill the void.

Did the usual rebounding. Good workout. I was very aware of my abs today, self inflicted. Had my liquid sunshine for brekkie. Salad and some lentil soup for lunch (not raw). Had strawberries and grapes for supper and then needed some salad.

It snowed more today. Almost needed long johns on this morning. Had the urge to go Christmas shopping.

Hopefully a good night’s sleep with help the eye settle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 10, 2008 04:57AM

I haven't been here for a while. Mom came to visit. Got off track a bit. I lost touch with my routine. I guess I'm just used to living alone. It was a great visit - she's gone back home now. I've been feeling sluggish and out of touch and I've gained some weight. I'm kind of bloated as well. Ah well, time to get back in the swing of things.

I'm going to gear up for another juice fast. I'll start by drinking juices and eating apples and greens when hungry. We'll see what the body wants. The weather should be getting warmer. It did snow yesterday though. We've had snow every month for nine months. I'm getting a little tired of it. I want blueberry season already!

The eye thing that happened in April cleared up in a few days. I have no idea what that was about.

I'll weigh myself tomorrow and see what the damages are. Ha ha!

Here's to getting back on track!

Date: May 11, 2008 08:38PM

Weighed myself yesterday morning - as I suspected I gained about 10 pounds. I think most of it is water weight from adding grains into my diet when mom was here and besides it's 'happy time' (for some reason that's what I call menses)

On Saturday I had about 36 ounces of liquid sunshine (pineapple and orange juice) when I was hungry and that wasn't until about 1:00 pm. Later I had a few apples and later still some mixed greens with a homemade vegan, but not completely raw dressing. I'm losing my taste for the dressing though. I think I'm wanting to choose lighter foods now that growing season is upon us. Don't really want any oils or heavy flavors.

Haven't really wanted any veggie juice either. . . just fruit juice. I like a few grated carrots or some cucumber (I know it's a fruit but I use it as a veggie so that's what I call it) with my greens but that's about it.

I'm patiently waiting for berry season. Sure - I can get some blueberries right now but they taste like crap and cost $4 for about half a cup. Some of the strawberries have been okay but still not super succulent.

Date: March 05, 2010 10:33AM

Gee whiz! Almost two years since an update - must update. . . . .

Date: March 05, 2010 12:25PM

Okay. . .

The rest of 2008 is a blur, so let’s start with 2009. . .

I know that I was attracted to veggie juice in the spring.

Summer was awesome. I patiently awaited cherry season and low and behold it did come! I ate copious amounts of cherries whilst they were around. And the season was longer than usual. Best cherries I had were acquired in Outlook, Saskatchewan – wtf? After that it was tons and tons and yet more tons of watermelon. Watermelon every day for about two months. The late spring and early summer my diet was 80/10/10. The rest of summer it was more like 90/5/5 when I dropped the overts. Fruits, fruits and more fruits, lots of berries in season. The odd salad from time to time. Felt pretty darn rootin’ tootin’ awesome.

Then fall came. . . varieties of fruit not so prevalent or even slightly close to ripe. Had a love affair with apples for a bit. But that didn’t last too long. Bananas became my friend again. Smoothie time. Fresh berries were not an option. - $5.99 CDN for 5 ounces. Geez! So, frozen berries and bananas and greens. Then oranges came – whee! Still eating them. And pineapples. And kiwis.

The winter hasn’t been all raw. – Added in some veggie soups with lentils or quinoa. Kept me sane (somewhat). But still diggin’ the fruit for breakie and most lunches.

Now spring is around the corner (hopefully). I call b.s. on seasons only lasting three months. It seems like it’s been winter here (Calgary) since early October. We’ve had a lot less sun than usual. It’s been nicer the past few days. It hasn’t been super cold (touch wood) in a while – yet dreary and sunless for much of the fall and winter it seems.

Once again I am attracted to veggie juices – not wanting to eat the whole vegetable food raw but ravishing in the juices. Various concoctions. Craving salads more. I always indulge my cravings for “real food.” It’s when I’m craving a box of Oreos that I need to examine things and chances are I have under eaten and need a good dose of the fruit sugar!

So, here I am – enjoying oranges and pineapples, veggie juices and salads, waiting for my bananas to ripen and patiently awaiting another season of cherries.

Date: March 11, 2010 12:44AM

And so it begins. . .

Day 1 of "extreme home fitness" LOL!

Woke up and drank three cups of warm water with a squeeze of lemon (this is done every morning, work out or not).

Drank three more cups during the work out. And the workout. . . well, not too bad. I am not able to do many push ups without having to drop to my knees to complete the set. And as for pull ups - Ha! With all of them I needed the assistance of a chair. But this is all okay - I'm looking forward to progressing. Starting at the bottom means there's tons of progress to be made. Effective ab/core set too.

After the work out, I wanted a quick shower and upon starting that shower realized that my arms were like jello. Nice.

My "recovery drink" was three oranges blended with 1/2 cup of water. Yum.

Throughout the day I had many apples, oranges blended with raspberries, many bananas, more apples and am now chowing down on some spring mix. I'm sure I'll eat more before the evening is done.

Perhaps a nice soak in the tub is in order.

Great Fun, Great Day.

Date: March 12, 2010 01:18AM

Day 2

Jumping, jumping and jumping some more - wow. I cannot remember the last time I sweated so much. Fun though.

Tons of oranges today - maybe 12. Blended. Some with raspberries, others just plain. Haven't lost my taste for them yet, so I'll go with it. Apples (3), spring mix (about 200 grams). Not enough calories yet, I'll eat more tonight.

Having issues with bananas lately - with the bananas themselves. They look okay but inside, halfway to the bottom tip the middle is black and hard. Weird. The top portion of the banana is fine, tastes great, but I bring 8 bananas to work and end up only eating half of each banana - I guess I have to bring 16 then. So, I went out and bought bananas from different stores, just to see if it was just the one store or not. I'll find out when my stash ripens.

I woke up this morning thinking "good, not much pain, I didn't over do it yesterday" and then a cat walked across my chest and I almost screamed. Ah well, it's all good.

Date: March 13, 2010 03:00PM

Day 3 - Friday March 12, 2010

Shoulders and arms, my fave. Worked pretty hard today. Very enjoyable.

Oranges and oranges and oranges. Blended bananas and spinach. Lots! Spring mix, a couple of apples.

I feel good. Somewhat elated actually. Not a lot of soreness.

- I must rant a bit -
Spring is coming - yah! This means it is getting warmer. Friday was warm. So, with warmth comes people taking off their jackets. I take public transit. People sweat when it is warmer. People don't smell nice. Confinement in a crowed bus. Yuck. Eat some fruit and veggies people, maybe you won't smell as rank.
- Rant over -

Date: March 14, 2010 09:27AM

Day 4 - March 13, 2010

Yoga from hell. Wow. I have not done a lot of yoga before, this was challenging. Long work out too - over 1 1/2 hours.

The theme of oranges continues. Banana issue seems to be just with the one batch - current bananas are awesome. Salad for supper.

Feeling pretty good - surprisingly not sore. Must be that blended orange recovery drink!

Date: March 15, 2010 02:57AM

Day 5

Back and Legs and Abs

Crazy leg stuff. Pull ups are really hard for me - I'm looking forward to improving.

More oranges and more oranges and more oranges - some blended with mixed berries. A few bananas. Not much of an appetite today. But what I did have tasted stupendous.

I am thankful for the time change. Now I won't feel like I work a million hours a day - I like getting home from work when there is still daylight for a while.

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: March 16, 2010 06:25AM

Thank you so much for posting, I am very interested in how it goes!

My son convinced me to buy this for him a few months ago, and he started, but lost interest. Right now, I don't think I am ready to do such a challenging workout, but who knows, maybe one day.

Seems like people get spectacular results - please keep posting, My son never did try the yoga video, he thinks yoga is for little old ladies. I bet he would be surprised by this one!

I wonder if you have any specific goals or expectations, and later I wonder if it worked out the way you hoped.

Fascinating!!

Date: March 16, 2010 11:06AM

Heya Sapphire!

Well, to be honest, a specific goal that I have is just to get through it; that in itself would be fantastic. Nothing getting in the way - no wimping out.

And sure, I want to look like one hot tomato (heated naturally in the sun, of course). I have the desire to be able to do a proper, unassisted pull-up - But, for now, just sticking with it, keeping my commitment to myself is most important.

Your son would be surprised by the Yoga. The sheer length of the workout alone is daunting.

Thank you for posting!

Date: March 16, 2010 11:17AM

Day 6 - March 15, 2010 - The Ides of March, Et tu, Brutus?

Punch, kick, elbow, smash, chop, whack, wham-o. That was fun. Weird warm up though.

Oranges, bananas and raspberries, rinse and repeat. Salad.

I feel more physically aware of my body - not that I am sore - just more aware of my muscles doing their thing as I move.

Date: March 17, 2010 10:31AM

Day 7 - March 16, 2010

Bend and stretch and reach and breathe and breathe and breathe. Ah. . . . . . sweet.

Oranges, blended, Bananas (not blended), Oranges blended with mango, Bananas blended with raspberries. Carrot, cucumber, romaine juice. Salad. Hemp seeds.

There. One week down, twelve more weeks to go. Overall, none too shabby.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: March 17, 2010 01:24PM

Congratulations. You have met the challenges of "extreme home fitness" Week #1 and may now advance to Week #2 of your reality show. Good luck!

My favorite raw vegan

Date: March 18, 2010 12:52AM

Ah, not much of a reality show - not enough gratuitous violence or sporadic nudity. I could throw in some dysfunctional family system stuff though. . . .

Day 8

Struggling with push-ups, struggling with pull-ups. I am much better at throwing the weights around. Patience, patience, patience.

Oranges blended with grapefruit, bananas, bananas blended with berries, apples, salad greens.

Date: March 19, 2010 12:23AM

Day 9

Jump training - I find it really challenging and really fun. You sweat from every pore of your being. I'm pretty sure my knees were sweating.

Bananas, blended oranges, steamed veggies for lunch (broccoli, cauliflower and carrot), salad for supper. Not really hungry today. Slept like crap last night. Perhaps a nice hot bath tonight, just because.

Tomorrow is my favorite. . . whoo hoo!

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: March 19, 2010 02:43AM

WOW !!!

Ten days tomorrow !!!

Yahoo - that is just fantastic - for me, that would probably be about the time I would start to struggle with sticking with any program.

I think maybe you are making it sound much easier than it really is - I know from watching my kids do this workout that it is a very intense workout!! Definitely not for the faint of heart!

GOOD FOR YOU - YOU ARE DOING GREAT, and I can't wait to see how this all plays out for you !!

Happy sweating!!

Sapphire

Date: March 20, 2010 01:41PM

Sapphire, I think that if it were the same thing day in and day out I would have to struggle to stick with it. Thanks for the positivity!

Day 10 - March 19, 2010

Shoulders and Arms, oh yes and Abs.

Love it, love it, love it. Makes a Friday all the more sweeter. I worked hard and this was confirmed the next morning - not super sore, but the body has some repairs to make.

Blended oranges, oranges blended with grapefruit, bananas, bananas blended with raspberries, apples, salad (romaine, cabbages and carrot).

The bath worked wonders, slept really well. Slept well last night too with no bath prior to sleep - perhaps it must be my Winnie The Pooh pajamas as they are the only common denominator.

Must get ready as today is Yoga from hell day. I am sure it will get more enjoyable when I get more flexible and my hands and fingers toughen up.

Date: March 21, 2010 12:52AM

Day 11

Yoga was not as hellish as last week. Surprisingly, I am more flexible already. I actually kind of enjoyed it.

Blended oranges, bananas blended with raspberries, bananas blended with blueberries, veggie juice (carrot, beet, celery), salad (romaine, cabbage, carrot), hemp seeds.

Was a very good day. Things are coming up in the garden - Spring rocks!

Date: March 22, 2010 10:46AM

Day 12 - March 21, 2010

Back and Legs and Abs

Still struggling with pull-ups - going to go and find me some tubing and do the alternate exercises. Had troubles with the ab exercises where you had to keep your legs elevated because my legs were jello.

Bananas, blended oranges, grapes, bananas blended with raspberries, veggie juice (carrot, beet, celery, cucumber), salad (romaine, cabbage, carrot), hemp seeds, brazil nuts (just 2).

Date: March 23, 2010 12:45AM

Day 13

Kenpo - enjoyed it. I was a little bit more coordinated that the first time.

Bananas, blended oranges and grapefruit, apples, grapes, blended oranges.

Well, I went out and bought me a band/tube and a door attachment so on Wednesday I can give my back some work. I'll try pull-ups again in a few weeks.

My jeans are a bit looser.

Cold here today. Not much above freezing. Time for a hot bath.

Date: March 24, 2010 12:16PM

Day 14 - March 23, 2010

Stretch - ah, sweet relief, not that I'm sore, just felt nice.

Blended oranges, strawberries, apples, bananas blended with strawberries.

Two weeks down, Nine to go.

Date: March 24, 2010 02:56PM

Errrr. . . . Eleven weeks to go. Where's my head at?

Date: March 25, 2010 03:08AM

Day 15

Chest and Back and Abs

Using the bands instead of doing pull-ups worked really well - I felt like I actually accomplished something - might even be a wee bit sore tomorrow.

Blended oranges, apples, steamed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrot), blended bananas and raspberries.

Well, I did it. Bought me a Vita-Mix for home. Sorry Cuisinart - you did serve me well though, thank you.

Date: March 26, 2010 12:35AM

Day 16

Plyometrics

Blended oranges, blended bananas with blueberries, pears, blended bananas with raspberries, salad (romaine, cabbage, carrot), small avocado.

I will probably go on a blending spree this weekend - the bananas should be ripe and I need to break my new toy in. So much nicer drinking blended oranges with the Vita-Mix over the Cuisinart - virtually smooth.

I should also check my weight - see if anythings happening in that regard - either up or down - who knows.

Date: March 27, 2010 11:42AM

Day 17 - March 26, 2010

Shoulders and Arms and Abs

The glamor muscles. Good, hard work. I changed things up a bit and did the Ab workout before supper instead of right after the weight work out in the morning. I was hoping I would have more energy for it. Uhhhhh, no - didn't make any real difference. I think I'll stick to doing the full routine in the morning and just get it done.

Blended oranges, apples, spring mix (tons), hummus and rice crackers (unsalted) and (not raw). This is what can happen when you are caught with unripe bananas (darn things should have been ripe enough days ago). But still a lesser evil for me than other choices I could have made so no biggie. Sat fine in the tum tum.

Had an "extra" workout after supper. My son is moving back in with me. He gets the room I was using as my workout room. So all the dumbbells, plate weights (my goodness I have a lot of weights), bars, TV, mirrors, etc, etc had to go back down to the basement from the second floor. It's actually a better set up in the basement than the second floor room. Should work just fine.

Date: March 28, 2010 12:24PM

Day 18 - March 27, 2010

Yoga

I improved on the yoga again - my flexibility and strength are improving to be able to hold the postures. I was able to do a bridge pose, not for the whole 30 seconds, but I did do it.

Blended oranges, bananas, apples, bananas blended with raspberries.

Was a busy day yesterday with my son moving in - did not get to do the yoga until 6:00 pm. Proud of myself that I didn't just blow it off.

Checked my weight - scale shows a loss of 3.8 pounds since the start.

Date: March 29, 2010 01:33PM

Day 19 - March 28, 2010

Back and Legs and Abs

Bananas, blended oranges, bananas blended with raspberries, bananas blended with mixed berries, lentil veggie soup.

Mother arrives today - this means I must cook things and actually wash the stove instead of just dusting it off.

Date: March 30, 2010 11:16AM

Day 20 - March 29, 2010

Kenpo

Bananas, blended oranges, bananas blended with raspberries, salad, more salad.

Cooking takes too much time. Sinks full of dishes suck. It's only for a week. Mother will have some of my smoothies though and a bit of salad - good thing there.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables