Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: klandestine's kwest
Posted by: klandestine ()
Date: April 01, 2010 02:52PM

Day 21 - March 30, 2010

Stretch - sweet

Day 22 - March 31, 2010

Yoga - getting the hang of it - my Sun Salutations are smooth and flowing

Day 23 - April 1, 2010

Core Work - something new, woo hoo!

Still going, taking time to update is sporadic with having company. Food has consisted of oranges, bananas, berries, veggie juices and salads mostly.

Have taken mother shopping most days. Was in a mall yesterday. Food court - yuck. Really bad vibe. The smells - ewwwww. The garbage. Unhappy people. I immensely dislike shopping at malls. Only five more days of this blasphemy. And I am sick of washing dishes. Bleh.

I am getting physically stronger. I must say that I think the yoga is the most effective. It would have been easy with having company to blow off the workouts but I am determined. I am impressed with my progress. Push-ups are easier. My endurance is better. It was the Wheel posture that I was able to hold in Yoga, Bridge I could already do. Haven't done Wheel since I was a kid. Makes me happy. I am positive that it is the high fruit intake that it helping with recovery and repair of the bod. Onwards and upwards.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 06, 2010 09:15PM

Day 24 - April 2, 2010

Kenpo

Day 25 - April 3, 2010

Stretch

Day 26 - April 4, 2010

Core Synergistics

Day 27 - April 5, 2010

Yoga

Day 28 - April 6, 2010

Stretch

Still going . . . .

Mother left this morning so I should be able to post more regularly.

I have officially finished Training Block 1 of P90X. Tomorrow (April 7) starts Training Block 2 which has a few new workouts. I am enjoying it more than I thought I would, which totally surprises me.

Food wise . . . not so bad - a few "indiscretions", as it were. Could have been worse. Mostly just ate too much. Purdy's dark chocolates. Oh my.

I get my room back, my bed back. Ever since I was a little kid I have always given up my room and bed for company. First for my grandmother at the house I grew up and in and now for my mother at my house. My back has had enough of the crappy futon. Oh Beautyrest mattress how I have missed you.

My feet hurt from spending so much time standing in front of the sink doing dishes. Seriously - I've done more dishes this past week than I have from all of October through to March. Back to the joy of cleaning one glass, two cat food bowls, a salad bowl, a fork, a spoon or two, and rinsing out a Vita-Mix. Company is a lot of work. I love my mother.

Date: April 08, 2010 01:38AM

Day 29

Start of Block 2

Chest, Shoulders, Triceps and Abs

Neat workout. I didn't think I pushed it too hard but I am already feeling it. Things are somewhat sore. I was more than ready to hit the weights again this morning after a week of "recovery".

Blended oranges, apples, bananas, salad. Not much of an appetite today.

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: April 09, 2010 08:18PM

Hi Klandestine!

Now that you are past the 30 day mark, how are ya feeling?

Have you noticed any specific changes? Is your overall energy improved at all? How about your sleep and your moods - any changes? Any weight gain or loss, or are you even keeping track? (Clothes fitting any differently yet?)

This is so fascinating - I hope you keep posting, even though it may seem a little repetitive sometimes - because you might look back later and be very interested in reviewing your journey.

And once again - I am so impressed that you are sticking to this so well - wow, I am sure I would never see it through like that - amazing!!

Keep up the good work !!

Date: April 10, 2010 12:47AM

Day 30 - April 8, 2010

Plyometrics

Hard cardio it is - I am becoming quite fond of it, weird.

Triceps and pecs were a wee bit sore still but nothing agonizing - this means I did good!

A million oranges were eaten, some bananas, apples, blended bananas with mixed fruit (peaches, strawberries, pineapple, grapes) and a whack of spinach. The latter was about a 2 liter smoothie - super duper Buddha belly - nice and full for many hours - felt great.

Day 31

Back and Biceps and Abs

Another new routine. The weight workouts in the first Block were about 12 different exercises, two sets each. The workouts in this Block seem to be 24 exercises, one set each. Not sure what I prefer yet. Doing two sets gave you another crack at the exercise just in case you were using too much weight or not enough, etc. With doing just one set I ended up pausing the DVD a lot if I choose the wrong weight. But it's all good - all written in stone for next time so I know where to start. Biceps are a tad bit sore.

Today's food was basically a carbon copy of yesterday except I also had grapefruit. Appetite is back. Buddha belly smoothie is yum.

Date: April 10, 2010 01:20AM

Sapphire Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Klandestine!
>
> Now that you are past the 30 day mark, how are ya
> feeling?

I am feeling pretty darn rootin' tootin' good, thanks.

> Have you noticed any specific changes? Is your
> overall energy improved at all? How about your
> sleep and your moods - any changes? Any weight
> gain or loss, or are you even keeping track?
> (Clothes fitting any differently yet?)

My energy level is improved - I used to basically crash when I got home from work - now I have the energy to stay up and get things done around the house. My sleep is deeper - I feel rested even when I don't get as much sleep as I wanted. I think I am calmer - things don't bother me as much (I have a tendency to be high strung). I'm happier, that's for sure. Weighed myself a few weeks ago and the scale showed a loss of 3.8 pounds or something. Clothes are looser.

> This is so fascinating - I hope you keep posting,
> even though it may seem a little repetitive
> sometimes - because you might look back later and
> be very interested in reviewing your journey.
>
> And once again - I am so impressed that you are
> sticking to this so well - wow, I am sure I would
> never see it through like that - amazing!!
>
> Keep up the good work !!

Thank you for the well-wishes. I'm sure you could do this - you just have to give it your best. I went into this with no expectations except for to see it through and to give it my all each time. I am losing weight, I am getting some muscle on me. My endurance is greater - in only a month I am a lot fitter. My goal is to finish it - everything else is agave icing on the raw brownie cake. I am one third there - and actually having a blast with it. The workouts, yoga especially, are teaching me to stay in the moment and tackle the deed at hand. When I am doing one of the workouts I focus on the workout - nothing else. I find I am able to concentrate better in other areas now as well, at my day job especially. And super kudos to fruit - seriously - the recovery time on a high fruit diet is a zillion times better than a rice cake and tuna diet, any day.

Date: April 11, 2010 08:58AM

Day 32 - April 10, 2010

Yoga

The yoga is becoming one of my favorite days. I just wish it wasn't quite so long. Good thing that most yoga days land on a Saturday when I don't have to go to work and can easily find the time to do it. I am getting more flexible yet still have some balance issues. I keep falling over during Half Moon to Twisting Half Moon - it'll come.

Blended oranges, 2 liter smoothie of bananas, oranges, pineapple and spinach, cantaloupe, apples.

Completely impressed with recovery time on high fruit. I remember back in the day (15 odd years ago when I used to heavily train) being sore for days and days. Muscles wants sugar and replacing it by having blended oranges after the workout is aces. If I only knew this then . . . but alas, I know it now.

Date: April 12, 2010 01:53AM

Day 33

Legs and Back and Abs

Jell-o legs. I'm getting stronger - lunges and squats are deeper - I could hold the wall squats for the required time although I was quite vocal about it. smiling smiley

Apples, blended oranges, large smoothie. I'll eat more tonight I am sure.

Gonna kick back and watch some telly tonight - Food Inc. is on.

Date: April 13, 2010 02:03AM

Day 34

Kenpo

Stayed up a bit too much past bed time last night so I was not super pumped to give it my all - but I did get through it and felt much better afterward. Early shuteye tonight.

Oranges - 12 of the suckers, some blended and some I actually ate whole. Yum, yum, yum. Super duper smoothies - bananas, oranges and mixed berries. That's about all I wanted today. Ate about 2000 calories today. I try and eat at least that many calories per day. I may want some greens tomorrow - we'll see.

I noticed on my way to work today, standing in (on) the train, holding my arm up above my head and grasping the hand strap - I didn't need to change hands. Usually my arm would get tired and I would have to keep changing hands. Not today. Stamina is happening in many areas of my existence.

RANT

"Oranges are really acidic - you shouldn't eat that many of them or you'll have problems" - Advice from those who care. I'm sure they mean well enough. *Sigh* I've stopped defending my eating habits because they just are what they are - MINE. "Watermelon is nothing but water and sugar, not good for you" *Sigh* There is well over 60 percent of my protein intake and a large foray of many other things my watermelon addiction provides me, vitamins, minerals, fiber, etc. Can't wait for the season to begin. *tap, tap, tap* No one gave a rat's butt what my diet was four years ago when I was eating more 'normal'. Ah well, I guess one person's change is another person's invitation to give advice. . . .

RANT OVER

Date: April 14, 2010 01:33AM

Day 35

Stretch

Woke up this morning and debated whether to stretch or not - stretch day is optional. Sometimes 4:15 am comes awfully quickly. I'm glad I decided to do it because things did feel a bit tight this morning. All better now.

Oranges blended with raspberries, apples, oranges, salad of romaine, oranges and strawberries, more apples, more oranges. Patiently waiting for bananas to ripen.

I lucked out at work today. Someone called yesterday and stated that he could not find all of his receipts and he wanted them for income tax purposes. I stated that I could reprint them all for him if he brought me a present of fruit. Basically, I was kidding. Well, today I was presented with a nice fruit salad with melons and strawberries and grapes and a nice bunch of irises. Wow. Gotta like that. I think I will put a sign on my desk. "Can be bribed for fruit"

Date: April 15, 2010 01:32AM

Day 36

Chest and Shoulders and Triceps and Abs

Push ups are coming along. My shoulders are evening out. I have uneven shoulders from years of not wearing a heavy backpack properly and just slinging it over one shoulder - the same shoulder, year after year. I have started wearing my backpack properly at all times and use a mirror when doing shoulder exercises to make sure I am even - seems to be working nicely. Triceps - always been good. This is from years and years of being a professional pedestrian (no car) and having to carry heavy bags - a lot. Ab work - still a grunt - but the saving grace is its the last workout of the day and only lasts 16 minutes.

Blended oranges with raspberries, blended oranges with raspberries again, my two pounds of melons and grapes and strawberries got eaten for lunch, apples, more oranges, bananas.

Date: April 16, 2010 01:39AM

Day 37

Plyometrics

I am really starting to like this cardio-blast. You get a 30 second break every ten minutes or so to grab a sip of water and towel off - you need to towel off. There's only one thing I say "oh god' about when it comes up - some insane being put something called 'hot foot' in the plyo workout. You stand on one foot and jump (hop) forwards, backwards and then side to side, over and over again. Then you change to the other foot and do it again. It's only for 30 seconds each foot but geez - doing something you aren't particularly fond of for 30 seconds can seem like a long time - just ask any woman who has had contractions. But, it's a challenge and I get through it.

Blended oranges with raspberries, oranges, bananas, apples, steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.

I see watermelon in a food flyer - hmmmmmmm - 69 cents a pound - pretty pricey but I may have to get one if they look good because I am starting to dream about them. I think I may have to take out a single's ad stating that I am looking for a mate but he must be the manager of the produce department at a grocery store.

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: April 16, 2010 07:48PM

Mmmmm watermelon....

My kids have brought home a couple of those little mini watermelons, and they are so tasteless...

But it sure got me in the mood for the real thing, can't wait to start seeing them in the stores!!

I know, I always seem to pay a small fortune for the first few watermelons I buy every summer, but I just can't wait for the price to come down LOL!!

Date: April 17, 2010 07:06AM

I am not thrilled with the mini watermelons either. Most were quite tasteless and somewhat mealy. Last year I ate copious amounts of "normal sized" watermelon. Now all I want is a nice hot summer to go along with it. I am sure my Vitamin D stores need a huge topping up.

Day 38 - April 16, 2010

Back and Biceps and Abs

I have graduated from using the "heavy" band to using the "very heavy" band for my back exercises. Wheee! I'll try pull-ups again soon and see if I am any stronger.

Bananas, oranges blended with raspberries, oranges, bananas, more oranges, more bananas, romaine lettuce.

Date: April 18, 2010 01:26AM

Day 39

Yoga - seemed to go by quicker today. I am much more flexible than I was when I started.

Pretty much the same food as yesterday.

Did some yard clean up today - It was nice to have a warm day for a change. I had a lot more stamina this year than I did last year - noticeably fitter I am. Yay!

Date: April 21, 2010 01:36AM

Slightly derailed on Sunday. Decided to do yard work in the morning and part of the afternoon because it was going to rain later, thinking it would be the perfect time to workout. And then company came. I did not get a chance to workout. Moral of the story - WORKOUT FIRST AND GET IT DONE!

So, wanting to stay on schedule, I worked out twice on Monday.

Day 40 - Back and Legs and Abs was done Monday evening after work.

Day 41 - Kenpo was done Monday morning.

Since I was going to be working out twice I decided to do the shorter workout in the morning and get stuff done around the house because I knew I wasn't going to be up for much after work other than the exercise.

There, all caught up.

Day 42 - Stretch

I like this very much. Much improvement on my hamstring stretches - my chest is getting pretty close to touching my legs when I bend forward and grab my feet (sitting position). That's exciting to me - I haven't been that flexible in eons.

Bought watermelon!!! Not too bad - was a wee bit mealy in the center but the rest of it was pretty good. The "seedless" watermelon actually had quite a few black seeds in it, along with white ones. That was nice. Holy diuretics Batman! I must have gone to the bathroom four times in the hour after I ate it. Sure cured any water retention I had. Also had oranges, bananas blended with raspberries, bananas, apples and romaine.

Date: April 22, 2010 02:54AM

Day 43

Chest and Shoulders and Triceps and Abs

Things are a teeny bit sore tonight - good - means I worked it!

Apples, blended oranges, bananas, oranges, romaine.

Must get another watermelon - it's been over 24 hours since I had any and the withdrawal symptoms are nasty. I'm cool with that addiction.

Date: April 23, 2010 02:21AM

Day 44

Plyometrics

Oh blessed Hot Foot. At least the music is funky for it.

Bought a watermelon, a 10 pounder and ate the whole thing for brekkie. Gee Whiz. I think I want a few mono days of watermelon but I will wait for "recovery week" when things are a bit more mellow. Still digging oranges although they are not tasting as sweet as they were. Time to move on to other fruits I guess. Come on cherry season, hurry up!

Date: April 29, 2010 02:32AM

Day 45 - April 23, 2010

Back, Biceps and Abs

Butt was really sore today! Yesterday I squatted lower in Plyo - legs were stronger so I could. Was able to up the weight on most Bicep exercises. Still struggling to do an unassisted pull-up. Try, try and try some more.

Day 46 - April 24, 2010

Yoga

I really enjoy this. It's challenging as all hell. Still have trouble with some of the poses but I'm getting there. Balance is still an issue.

Day 47 - April 25, 2010

Legs, Back and Abs

Good leg work out. Trying pull-ups again - they just feel weird.

Day 48 - April 26, 2010

Kenpo

Butt is sore again or shall I say my glutes. Did a number on these muscles yesterday in the Leg workout. Wow.

Day 49 - April 27, 2010

Stretch

Ah, sweet relief. I love this day. Helps with the sore butt.

Day 50 - April 28, 2010

Yoga

Long workout for a work morning. Been up since 3:45 am to be able to get it in. Twisting Half Moon Pose is not my friend.

Took a bit of a hiatus from the internet. Needed it. Since the boss man is back at work and I'm having to put in full days staring at a computer all day - the last thing I feel like doing is coming home and doing it some more.

Food has involved tremendous amounts of watermelon, oranges blended with pineapple, bananas, salads (mixed greens), pumpkin seeds and apples.

Since I'm past the halfway mark I think I may check my weight and whatnot and see if anything has changed. I really don't expect to see the scale go down - it may even go up as things seem to be filling out a bit. We'll see.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables