Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Turning my life around with raw food!
Posted by: Weezo ()
Date: November 23, 2007 01:06PM

Alright, I used have eating probs, anorexia which became fasting bulimia which just became binging. I want to start a blog so I can finally commit to 100% (well as realistically close as I can get), and turn around this vicious cycle, getting back to mental health (always feels great being raw, so much less anxiety n OCD), as well as a physical health and a slender, natural weight!

Day1: last night I did pretty great (Thanksgiving), stayed 100% raw (I shocked myself a bit!) Me and my boyfriend ate at his sister's house, she had all kinds of raw veggies for me, as well as a kickass raw salsa to dip it in! I brought a salad of avocado and spinach, as well as many fruits to share. Overall a pretty cool experience and not as traumatic as most make out the raw "social events" to be!

Today so far:

*a bunch of salsa with some cauliflower and red pepper strips to dip it in
*a banana

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Turning my life around with raw food!
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: November 23, 2007 05:35PM

Wow, I'm truly impressed with his sister! That's a very nice gesture on her part.
My own mother stopped inviting me for all family dinners when I went vegetarian with my children - when I complained at being left out, she said she wouldn't know what to make. I said that I would only eat the veggies she made, or bring our own food, but that didn't make sense to her.It made sense to just never invite us.
My bf said if his son went veg, he would go straight to the bookstore and learn a couple of dishes to serve him. Such a difference in caring and respecting others, isn't there?

I'm happy just reading about your Thanksgving. You'll love being raw and it will love you back!

Date: November 23, 2007 10:48PM

smiling smiley thank you aquadecoco! I can't wait to make it my first week straight, in the past whenever trying I never quite made it that far!

His sister is awesome, and his mom was very understanding and inquisitive as well! It's really unfortunate your mother reacted to your veganism the way she did, my own mom gets a little boggled about what I eat (is this raw? No... mom, you have to heat that to make it! lol), but if I bring my own grub she is not offended, she knows I've always been a little odd.

Posted by: karriebean ()
Date: November 24, 2007 05:45AM

hi weezo,

i wish you the best on your fresh start. it sounds like you have done this sort of lifestyle before and enjoyed it. that is fantastic.

i have my own issues with food and using it to comfort and protect. poor food! we expect so much from it... ~wink~

i will keep an eye on your journey. i am new to the whole thing myself and enjoy what others have to offer to the experience.

~karrie

Date: November 24, 2007 06:14PM

Thanks for the good wishes Karrie! I've had many problems with food before myself, mostly involving anorexia, bulimia, and most recently, just binging on SAD, so I have a lot to overcome. I'm happy I've returned to raw though, back a year ago when I discovered it a little voice inside told me it was what I needed to heal myself mentally and physically, and that little voice never went away even when I attempted to eat macrobiotic for awhile, so I've decided to listen to my intuition! Best of luck on your raw journey and battles with food!

Went to my high school reunion last night... funny experience. I was always the artsy dork, and lo and behold the most popular dude in school runs up to me, recalling my name in full and wants to dance... just a little funny (I have no interest in guys like that now of days because my taste has changed to love the strange dorky guys, but it was still pretty cool). I guess I don't look as bad as I've been feeling lately, hopefully raw will help me re-achieve a healthy self-image (I've always struggled with that!)

Anywhooo

Today I've eaten:
*2 bananas
*an apple
*some grapes
*and just recently, a big salad of spinach and avocado w/ some balsamic vinegar

Yummy smiling smiley

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: November 24, 2007 08:20PM

Sounds like you are doing really well!!

I too am recovering from ana
-- 15years behaviour is hard to reprogramme...but totally doing it!! power of raw smiling smiley

Your doing great hun!

the spinach sounds good..

nothing I love better than spinach, kale, tomato and avo salad smiling smiley

Take it easy!

Date: November 26, 2007 12:53AM

So far today wasn't that hungry (I've got a sinus thing!)

Had:
*a big bunch of grapes
*banana
*apple

Date: November 26, 2007 11:19PM

I wound up eating more yesterday: an avocado & spinach salad, plus I think I had some grapes n bananas... don't recall!

Today so far:

*Banana
*Grapes
*Pineapple salsa w/ red pepper strips to dip!
*More pineapple salsa w/ garlic over a bed of baby spinach w/ avocados (can you tell I like the salsa? lol)

I was starting to worry how I would afford to eat raw w/ no Super Walmart near me here, until I discovered this little local produce store (sort of like an Asian market)... AWESOME PRICES!!! They have all this crazy fresh exotic stuff too!

Date: November 27, 2007 10:55PM

Today so far:
*A mango (mmm juiciness!)
*Avo & spinach salad
*My first persimmon! (OMG... awesome)

Date: November 29, 2007 07:47PM

Slept in today... had half a cantaloupe for breakfast... that's it so far...

Date: December 03, 2007 11:43PM

Alright I know I've been slackin on the raw diary, been quite busy with work and some classes for Search and Rescue lately (read: like 3 hrs of sleep a night for the past couple... lame!)

Had a great raw day yesterday and so far today too.

So far today:
1/2 a plummelo
Big salad w/ spinach, tomatos, cucumbers, and broccoli
Some mango salsa w/ cauliflower to dip in it
A banana
Some grapes

Yummyness!

Bought some more persimmons today, waiting for them to get soft smiling smiley Have the boyfriend curious to try them too!

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: December 07, 2007 03:40PM

That sounds interesting and exciting (S & R). I don't know what a plummelo is, but there are a few fruits I've seen in the markets that I've been wanting to try.

Date: December 07, 2007 03:55PM

It might be called a "pummello" or plummelo, not sure. It looks like a giant sorta green/yellow grapefruit, tastes like a grapefruit with sugar on it. I would definitely try persimmons too, they kick butt! If you do try them though, make sure they are soft and sorta squishy before eating them, otherwise some areas tend to have a very unusual bitter flavor. I really wanna find a durian, but have no clue at all where to look, I even check my new favorite Asian market to no avail!

Search and Rescue is awesome, I'm not really in it for the humanitarian thing (sorta selfish I guess), I just like it cause it keeps my mind occupied two days a week or more and gets me outside or in neat environments/situations (like learning to ascend and rappel, and gradually gonna learn rigging as well) . Boredom tends to be my enemy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables